Photo

Mark's Misadventures

• Please log in to reply
122 replies to this topic

#21 mr2131

mr2131
  • 297 posts

Posted 24 October 2004 - 07:24 PM

Chloe would have to be either changed by the mod creator or at least someone should get approval to add her or any other NPC to the BGT world.

View Post

What's her name anyway. The only thing that I can remember is "Chloe's Bitch." I strongly doubt that she'd be willing to do a complete rewrite for BGT.

I did some travelling about this evening. Trying to revisit all of the maps I had previously cleared. So far, no new creatures, or NPC's and my install is behaving very strangely. I had three different CTD's when entering areas. They seemed to clear up with a reboot. Khalid started to speak to Jahiera. When I had him go and talk to her. Jahiera and Khalid left the party. Another reboot. On another occasion, Minscy and Dynaheir made unhappy noises about leaving. They didn't leave so no reboot. All in all, very strange. Then again, the culprit could be the new s and h patch. I'll do some more travelling tomorrow and see if anything else comes up.

Happy Trails . . .

Mark
"What rough beast, Its hour come round at last,
Slouches towards Bethlehem to be born."

W.B. Yeats

May the sun be always in the eyes of your enemies,
and may your feet always find the correct path.

Happy Trails . . .

Mark

#22 mr2131

mr2131
  • 297 posts

Posted 25 October 2004 - 07:03 PM

I did some more wandering around. Managed to get all of the places I had visited before replacing the worldmap file in override folder. No sign of the beefed up Dsotsc encounters. The only indication, so far, that I have the mod installed is the improved battle with the Druids on Larswood and their loot. I was really bummed because there was no Keira at the Carnival. Not that I want her in my party, but I love her picture. Oh well.

I'm feeling especially adept tonight, I figured out how to give Jahiera a club weapon proficiency, so that she could use the club picked up from the Druid on Larswood. One definite problem still remains, no Bandit Camp. I really don't want to crawl into Peldvale and surrender, so that they can drag me off to meet Tazok. I'd rather wade through Peldvale, and then wade through the Bandit Camp.

Happy Trails . . .

Mark

W.B. Yeats

Happy Trails . . .

Mark

#23 Chevalier

Chevalier

Knight of the Realms

• Modder
  • 2405 posts

Posted 26 October 2004 - 02:15 AM

Go talk with Tranzig upstairs at the FELDPOST?S Inn in Beregost to get the map location and some cool loot.

I Ride for the King!

a.k.a. Chev

#24 mr2131

mr2131
  • 297 posts

Posted 26 October 2004 - 02:52 PM

Go talk with Tranzig upstairs at the FELDPOST?S Inn in Beregost to get the map location and some cool loot.

View Post

The problem is that I snuffed out tranzig before I copied over my worldmap file. I've got his stuff, but the Bandit Camp is still a no-show. I'm going to blast through Peldvale tonight. If I haven't a camp by tomorrow, I'll be back asking what variables I need to change to have the Bandit Camp show up on my map. I could always start over again, with a new party. :bash:

Happy Trails . . .

Mark

W.B. Yeats

Happy Trails . . .

Mark

#25 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 26 October 2004 - 02:58 PM

You can either use CLUA:

RevealAreaOnMap("AR8700")

Or just:

MoveToArea("AR8700")

Tired of Bhaal? Try some classics mods instead:
Classic Adventures
Official Classic Adventures Website

#26 mr2131

mr2131
  • 297 posts

Posted 26 October 2004 - 06:33 PM

You can either use CLUA:

RevealAreaOnMap("AR8700")

Or just:

MoveToArea("AR8700")

View Post

Why in the hell didn't I think of that? That's not one of the CLUA Console items that I normally use, just slipped my mind, I guess. :gun: Look out banditos, it's ASSKICKIN' time!!

Thank you, thank you . . .

Mark

W.B. Yeats

Happy Trails . . .

Mark

#27 hlidskialf

hlidskialf

Incarnation of the Eternal Ale Warrior

• Modder
  • 2510 posts

Posted 26 October 2004 - 06:38 PM

Why in the hell didn't I think of that? That's not one of the CLUA Console items that I normally use, just slipped my mind, I guess.  :gun: Look out banditos, it's ASSKICKIN' time!!

Mark

View Post

Hmm... I recall someone else mentioning this... Oh yeah!

You just need to reset the flags on your worldmap for the areas you've been. You can do this in NI or just CLUA yourself once to each area you've previously been.

View Post

:nana:

The great wolf Fenrir gapes ever at the dwelling of the gods.

#28 mr2131

mr2131
  • 297 posts

Posted 26 October 2004 - 06:48 PM

Why in the hell didn't I think of that? That's not one of the CLUA Console items that I normally use, just slipped my mind, I guess.  :gun: Look out banditos, it's ASSKICKIN' time!!

Mark

View Post

You just need to reset the flags on your worldmap for the areas you've been. You can do this in NI or just CLUA yourself once to each area you've previously been.

View Post

View Post

My bad. You did indeed give me that advice. Please accept my apologies for being a clod. Short term memory . . . I was about to pitch a fit about MoveToArea not working, when I skimmed back over Sir Billybob's message and noticed a glaring error in my syntax. I'm off to try again.

Happy Trails . . .

Mark

W.B. Yeats

Happy Trails . . .

Mark

#29 hlidskialf

hlidskialf

• Modder
  • 2510 posts

Posted 26 October 2004 - 06:52 PM

Mark

View Post

View Post

View Post

My bad. You did indeed give me that advice. Please accept my apologies for being a clod. Short term memory . . . I was about to pitch a fit about MoveToArea not working, when I skimmed back over Sir Billybob's message and noticed a glaring error in my syntax. I'm off to try again.

Happy Trails . . .

Mark

View Post

Heheheh, no worries. You obviously suffered enough already!

#30 mr2131

mr2131
  • 297 posts

Posted 26 October 2004 - 06:55 PM

Hurrah!! Worked like a charm. I forgot to include the AR the first time. OOPS!

The Bandito Camp's going to have to wait until Manana. Thanks Hlid, Sir Billybob. One of these days I'm going to have to have you tell me where exactly the area flags are on NI . . .

Happy Trails . . .

Mark

W.B. Yeats

Happy Trails . . .

Mark

#31 hlidskialf

hlidskialf

• Modder
  • 2510 posts

Posted 26 October 2004 - 07:07 PM

One of these days I'm going to have to have you tell me where exactly the area flags are on NI . . .

View Post

No time like the present. Step one, backup your savegame.
Open NI, open your savegame. Click on the Worldmap.wmp file. Click the edit tab. Click the bottom line displayed (Map:xxxx) and hit the view/edit button. It'll open up the worldmap file, with a listing of all the areas. Click the area you want to modify. Hit the view/edit button again. The area has now opened up. Forth line down is the Flag: settings. Click on it and see a bunch of tickbox options open up in the lower part of the screen. Edit to your heart's content. Exit that window, repeat as necassary. When done, save at the main worldmap.wmp window and load your savegame.

Enjoy. ;)

#32 mr2131

mr2131
  • 297 posts

Posted 27 October 2004 - 02:34 PM

One of these days I'm going to have to have you tell me where exactly the area flags are on NI . . .

View Post

No time like the present. Step one, backup your savegame.
Open NI, open your savegame. Click on the Worldmap.wmp file. Click the edit tab. Click the bottom line displayed (Map:xxxx) and hit the view/edit button. It'll open up the worldmap file, with a listing of all the areas. Click the area you want to modify. Hit the view/edit button again. The area has now opened up. Forth line down is the Flag: settings. Click on it and see a bunch of tickbox options open up in the lower part of the screen. Edit to your heart's content. Exit that window, repeat as necassary. When done, save at the main worldmap.wmp window and load your savegame.

Enjoy. ;)

View Post

Hey, I found it. The section for editing the flag settings looks pretty reasonable. Another question, I've asked this before, but it's still bugging me. I can exchange one item for another. That's easy. I haven't been able to figure out how to assign a new item to a character. Everytime I do it, when I load the game up again, the new item doesn't appear. (How to fill up an empty item slot with an item?) Any helpful suggestion on why this keeps happening will be greatly appreciated.

Happy Trails . . .

Mark

W.B. Yeats

Happy Trails . . .

Mark

#33 hlidskialf

hlidskialf

• Modder
  • 2510 posts

Posted 27 October 2004 - 03:02 PM

You'll notice if you look at your character that every item is stored in the character file separately from the inventory slot. You need to let the game know where it's equipped/carried. Click the edit tab, and scroll down to your items. Now, you'll notice that proceeding each item carried, is a number. (Example: Item 0, Item 1, Item 2, etc... ) That number needs to be inserted in the relevant inventory slot. (The inventory slots are listed directly below the carried items.) If an inventory slot is empty, it's set to -1. So, if you had a helm on the cre that was listed on the "Item 2" line, you'd scroll down to the "Helmet" line, and place a number 2 there. Save and exit, you're done.

#34 mr2131

mr2131
  • 297 posts

Posted 28 October 2004 - 03:37 PM

You'll notice if you look at your character that every item is stored in the character file separately from the inventory slot. You need to let the game know where it's equipped/carried. Click the edit tab, and scroll down to your items. Now, you'll notice that proceeding each item carried, is a number. (Example: Item 0, Item 1, Item 2, etc... ) That number needs to be inserted in the relevant inventory slot. (The inventory slots are listed directly below the carried items.) If an inventory slot is empty, it's set to -1. So, if you had a helm on the cre that was listed on the "Item 2" line, you'd scroll down to the "Helmet" line, and place a number 2 there. Save and exit, you're done.

View Post

I have to assign the item a proper inventory slot. (One that isn't already filled.)?

Mark

W.B. Yeats

Happy Trails . . .

Mark

#35 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 28 October 2004 - 04:24 PM

Unless you are replacing an item, then use the same new number in the already used slot. For some of the Exnem items, by using a script I added an item and then set the creature to use the most damaging item (i.e. the newer more powerful weapon). In the case of armor, just replace the old number with the new. If you still want to drop the old item, move its number to an empty inventory slot.

Classic Adventures

#36 mildImp

mildImp
  • 242 posts

Posted 29 October 2004 - 07:12 AM

First, Horred's blast-em kobalds showed up in a different location. They weren't on the upper level at all.
Second, even though I've installed the BGT-Darkside mod, none of the tougher encounters have shown up. Firewine was still pretty much cake, aside from that damned Ogre-magi and his bloody protection spells. No Orcs, no Bug Bears, nothin' but kobalds, skeletons, and dogs. Cheesy.

Firebridge is in the patch. Real trolls!!!

View Post

Just finished Firewine....no trolls :( The area and dungeon are just as I remember them. BTW, where do the BP kobalds show up that mark mentioned? Are those the ones at Ulcaster?

#37 mr2131

mr2131
  • 297 posts

Posted 29 October 2004 - 09:36 AM

First, Horred's blast-em kobalds showed up in a different location. They weren't on the upper level at all.
Second, even though I've installed the BGT-Darkside mod, none of the tougher encounters have shown up. Firewine was still pretty much cake, aside from that damned Ogre-magi and his bloody protection spells. No Orcs, no Bug Bears, nothin' but kobalds, skeletons, and dogs. Cheesy.

View Post

Just finished Firewine....no trolls :( The area and dungeon are just as I remember them. BTW, where do the BP kobalds show up that mark mentioned? Are those the ones at Ulcaster?

View Post

Yes, those are the Ulcaster (blast-em) Kobalds. There's normally been a second set of them on the Gullykin map, but they didn't show this time through.

Happy Trails . . .

Mark

W.B. Yeats

Happy Trails . . .

Mark

#38 mr2131

mr2131
  • 297 posts

Posted 29 October 2004 - 09:39 AM

Unless you are replacing an item, then use the same new number in the already used slot.  For some of the Exnem items, by using a script I added an item and then set the creature to use the most damaging item (i.e. the newer more powerful weapon).  In the case of armor, just replace the old number with the new.  If you still want to drop the old item, move its number to an empty inventory slot.

View Post

Wow, I really need to have NI opened up to the proper screen when I try reading these. Without the visual clues, I'm flat out lost. I'm going to try and run through this again with NI open. (Is there an emoticon for "not so very bright?")

Happy Trials . . .

Mark

W.B. Yeats

Happy Trails . . .

Mark

#39 mildImp

mildImp
  • 242 posts

Posted 29 October 2004 - 12:18 PM

View Post

View Post

Yes, those are the Ulcaster (blast-em) Kobalds. There's normally been a second set of them on the Gullykin map, but they didn't show this time through.

Happy Trails . . .

Mark

View Post

Mark, I was just looking at that area, because I didnt see any of those blastem Kobalds their either, and there are spawn points set where I think these kobalds (RDBPGxxx.cre, couldnt confirm that these are the creatures in question cause I cant locate the cre file I think due to the way BP biffs now) are supposed to be. It does seem that there are times at the end of a day when they are not around, but I didnt see any and I explored that area in the middle of the day. Im going to explore that area again.

Can anyone (Hlid or seanas) tell me how to find the above cre files?
Has anyone seen these kobalds in this area, maybe we have a bug?

#40 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 29 October 2004 - 03:41 PM

A creature with a RD**** name means that it is a random creature just like a random treasure. There is a 2DA file to match this that the game uses to pull creatures from. Therefore, if the spot uses a spawn and the spawn uses random creatures, there is always a chance that the kobold in question isn't going to appear.

Classic Adventures