Dragon Age

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#1 Tom

Tom

moT

• 1403 posts

Posted 30 November 2004 - 12:19 AM

Look at this, a lovely new section of the forums, and no posts.
For those who are wondering, all information can be found here: http://www.bioware.c...mes/dragon_age/
Forward he cried from the rear
And the front rank died
And the general sat and the lines on the map
Moved from side to side.

#2 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 30 November 2004 - 06:56 AM

Yep, DA is going to be a good game, now that BioWare owns all the material used in the game they don't have to rush it through. Wondering if it will get its own modster tool and moddarz...

#3 -Wolfie-

-Wolfie-

Posted 30 November 2004 - 07:19 AM

Wondering if it will get its own modster tool and moddarz...

View Post

Thats the plan ;)

#4 hlidskialf

hlidskialf

Incarnation of the Eternal Ale Warrior

• Modder
  • 2510 posts

Posted 30 November 2004 - 09:53 AM

Hell, even I'm looking forward to that one. If it becomes truely moddable I'll likely give up IE editing for it. (It looks SWEET!)

The great wolf Fenrir gapes ever at the dwelling of the gods.

#5 Yovaneth

Yovaneth

The newly-appointed Master Builder of Baldur's Gate

• Modder
  • 3058 posts

Posted 30 November 2004 - 10:13 AM

Hell, even I'm looking forward to that one. If it becomes truely moddable I'll likely give up IE editing for it. (It looks SWEET!)

View Post

Me too..... but looking at the screenshots I see that Bioware still haven't addressed the old hokey - what woman is stupid enough enough to combat half-dressed and unarmoured? And I also winced slightly at that barbarian - jeans, chaps and a cod-piece. Sorry guys - but no. Start thinking 'weather' and cover them up; they did get the portraits right in IWD 1/2.

-Y-

Edited by Yovaneth, 30 November 2004 - 10:22 AM.

#6 -Wolfie-

-Wolfie-

Posted 30 November 2004 - 11:56 AM

Id heard it will have a toolkit for modding so fingers crossed it does and its not shite, if it does you can expect to see Dragon Age modding open to the public here ;)

#7 Shed

Shed

-Shed-

• Modder
  • 2636 posts

Posted 30 November 2004 - 12:45 PM

Ooh, a new forum! DA looks cool, looking forward to it ;).

#8 Tom

Tom

moT

• 1403 posts

Posted 30 November 2004 - 01:45 PM

Well we probably shouldnt hype it up, it tends to ruin games. When was the game announced by the way?
And the front rank died
Moved from side to side.

#9 Feanor

Feanor

The Elven Lord

• 1808 posts

Posted 02 December 2004 - 01:57 AM

Well we probably shouldnt hype it up, it tends to ruin games. When was the game announced by the way?

View Post

It's not certain, but don't expect before 2006 (or at least Bioware says so... :P lazy slaves... :D )

#10 -Wolfie-

-Wolfie-

Posted 02 December 2004 - 04:27 AM

Id much prefer to wait a while and get something great than have asshole publishers force out shite that isnt ready :)

#11 Feanor

Feanor

The Elven Lord

• 1808 posts

Posted 02 December 2004 - 07:52 AM

Id much prefer to wait a while and get something great than have asshole publishers force out shite that isnt ready :)

View Post

They could have started earlier, not only this year. :P

#12 Tom

Tom

moT

• 1403 posts

Posted 02 December 2004 - 12:19 PM

View Post

It's not certain, but don't expect before 2006 (or at least Bioware says so... :P lazy slaves... :D )

View Post

No, no, not when is it released, when was it announced? :^^:
And the front rank died
Moved from side to side.

#13 Feanor

Feanor

The Elven Lord

• 1808 posts

Posted 02 December 2004 - 11:51 PM

View Post

View Post

No, no, not when is it released, when was it announced? :^^:

View Post

This spring, in April, I think.

#14 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 03 December 2004 - 02:36 AM

Well, as I said in my post, BioTeam prob. don't rush it since Bioware owns all the material used in the game... so, it could be so that this game comes out looking good and being it too. But that's just a theory.

#15 LarryTheArcher

LarryTheArcher
  • 178 posts

Posted 06 December 2004 - 02:34 PM

View Post

Me too..... but looking at the screenshots I see that Bioware still haven't addressed the old hokey - what woman is stupid enough enough to combat half-dressed and unarmoured? And I also winced slightly at that barbarian - jeans, chaps and a cod-piece. Sorry guys - but no. Start thinking 'weather' and cover them up; they did get the portraits right in IWD 1/2.

-Y-

View Post

Because maybe that woman wants to be flexible in combat? Why take the blow and ruin that armor when you can jump out of the way?

That Barbarian??? Maybe its an "aesthetic" choice.
Irenicus: Now I have my revenge!

Protagonist: You talk to much...

Irenicus: (It came with the soul...)

#16 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 11 December 2004 - 07:47 AM

Yeah, or it's just about stereotypes. :shifty:

#17 Schatten

Schatten

tomo the homo

• 1208 posts

Posted 11 December 2004 - 12:36 PM

Yeah, or it's just about stereotypes. :shifty:

View Post

its in every game that way. i have seen pics from some mmorpg where warrior females wear only a string when using full plate mail. <_<
gentoo sex is updatedb; locate; talk; date; cd; strip; look; touch; finger; unzip; uptime; gawk; head; emerge --oneshot condom; mount; fsck; gasp; more; yes; yes; yes; more; umount; emerge -C condom; make clean; sleep.

#18 Shed

Shed

-Shed-

• Modder
  • 2636 posts

Posted 11 December 2004 - 01:08 PM

I'm sorry, what problem exactly do you all have with scantily glad lady adventurers ;)?

Oh, and hype didn't ruin Half-Life 2. I'm looking forward to Dragon Age; I hope it's as good as it can be.

#19 Feanor

Feanor

The Elven Lord

• 1808 posts

Posted 13 December 2004 - 12:38 AM

On the other hand, something worries me : too much hype for this game. I remember what happened with Black&White and Neverwinter Nights.

#20 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 13 December 2004 - 01:51 AM

True, true. NWN wasn't THAT bad though.