Photo

When to go to spellhold/underdark?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 mila

mila
  • 6 posts

Posted 30 November 2004 - 01:54 PM

Ok i am starting a new game & would like to get imeon as early as possible. So my
question is at what point of romance can i go to spellhold/underdark?

Do i have to complete nether scroll quest before leaving?
What if Edwina has not turned back to Edwin
Have I to have advanced to certain a point in romance?

(By the way Laufey i re-installed the game & got the commands to work! Everything works fine. Can't wait to get Eddie :wub: Thanks!)

#2 Kai of Candlekeep

Kai of Candlekeep

Me? Nice? Dream on.

• Modder
  • 527 posts

Posted 30 November 2004 - 06:19 PM

Hmm.. I'm stuck as well.

Degardan appeared, romance status is 2 now, and Edwin is back to his (normal?!?) male self, but he still refuses to get on the boat to Brynnlaw.

Supposedly there is "something else [he] has to do in Athkatla" but my journal says nothing and I have no idea what I am waiting for, if anything.

Is there something I can do to trigger this quest (aside from leaving my game on pause for the rest of the night)? I've done every quest around Athkatla, and Trademeet, Umar Hills, etc. All that is left is Brynnlaw or Watcher's Keep (but I kinda like holding off on WK 'til ToB, because that section is so short).

Any help/advice would certainly be appreciated :D

Having a highly active imagination can be very taxing on the purity of one's soul at times...
- Sir Kalthorine ut Wistan

I find you amusing... in a "What the hell is wrong with you?" kind of way...
- Jaheira, BG1

#3 Sleeta

Sleeta
  • 139 posts

Posted 30 November 2004 - 06:39 PM

As far as I know, you still can't leave until Edwin has accomplished his second quest, which is triggered when a certain someone from his past shows up. At least, that's how it's been for me. After that was accomplished, he never had any objections about leaving. I think there are about two or three timed dialogues between his return to manliness (so to speak) and the next quest. I hope that helps, and that Laufey won't hold it against me if I'm accidentally giving incorrect information. :ermm:

Speaking of which, I sort of wish that was changed a little. The sudden appearance of Edwin's "old friend" is a surprise to him, so why would he force you to remain in Athkatla until that quest was both triggered and completed? Like Kai, I usually have everything on the map in terms of questing finished by then, and and usually end up leaving the game on pause to wait out the timer while I wander off somewhere to clean or go to work or what have you. Although, I suppose there's always using the cheat console to advance the timer without all that thumb-twiddling.
"It's always somethin' . . . 'Phenalope, check for traps.' 'Phenalope, open this here lock and get us the treasures.' 'Phenalope, my destiny's too hard, gimmie an ale and sing me a jaunty tune . . . ' "
Phenalope - When you just need a hug or a hamstring cut. A Baldur's Gate 2 NPC Friendship Mod. Because not everyone wants to get into your heroic britches.

"I was like a poor sinner who'd just found out he'd got to heaven after all."
~ Preacher

#4 Laufey

Laufey
  • Modder
  • 1245 posts

Posted 01 December 2004 - 09:33 PM

As far as I know, you still can't leave until Edwin has accomplished his second quest, which is triggered when a certain someone from his past shows up.  At least, that's how it's been for me.  After that was accomplished, he never had any objections about leaving.  I think there are about two or three timed dialogues between his return to manliness (so to speak) and the next quest.  I hope that helps, and that Laufey won't hold it against me if I'm accidentally giving incorrect information.  :ermm:

Speaking of which, I sort of wish that was changed a little.  The sudden appearance of Edwin's "old friend" is a surprise to him, so why would he force you to remain in Athkatla until that quest was both triggered and completed?  Like Kai, I usually have everything on the map in terms of questing finished by then, and and usually end up leaving the game on pause to wait out the timer while I wander off somewhere to clean or go to work or what have you.  Although, I suppose there's always using the cheat console to advance the timer without all that thumb-twiddling.

View Post

*nods* Yes, it isn't meant to be quite the way it is now. The idea was that Edwin would be forced to stay in Athkatla only *after* he had received the letter, and until his quest is done, but not before he even has got the letter. I hope we can change that.

Anyway, your information was correct, the quest will start a couple of dialogues after Edwin gets back to normal.

#5 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 31 December 2004 - 05:07 PM

As this question was asked before the 1.02SOA version was ready (I think) I would like to re-ask the same question: has anything changed in the new version? Can I just kill Whats-His-Head (Maevar?) and go strait to Imoen without disrupting the romance? And I *vaguely* remember reading something from *ages* ago, before this mod as open for download, that Edwin will continue to romance through the underdark etc. Does this still hold true?

#6 Laufey

Laufey
  • Modder
  • 1245 posts

Posted 01 January 2005 - 01:28 PM

As this question was asked before the 1.02SOA version was ready (I think) I would like to re-ask the same question: has anything changed in the new version? Can I just kill Whats-His-Head (Maevar?) and go strait to Imoen without disrupting the romance? And I *vaguely* remember reading something from *ages* ago, before this mod as open for download, that Edwin will continue to romance through the underdark etc. Does this still hold true?

View Post

Well, I do know that for me, the final romance dialogue (where you get to meet Edwin's mother) took place in the Underdark.

I'm sorry to say I can't answer your first question about Imoen - the update was long in the coming, and since I write, but don't program (at least not the more advanced stuff), I'm not 100% aware of which changes were implemented and which were not. I'll have to get back to you on that one.

#7 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 01 January 2005 - 08:56 PM

Ok thanks anyway. On a tangent, I read a random chapter from cards reshuffled (dull druid). I love your characterisation of cernd. I was pissing myself! Ahh, brilliant... it's funny because its true.

#8 Laufey

Laufey
  • Modder
  • 1245 posts

Posted 02 January 2005 - 10:04 AM

Ok thanks anyway. On a tangent, I read a random chapter from cards reshuffled (dull druid). I love your characterisation of cernd. I was pissing myself! Ahh, brilliant... it's funny because its true.

View Post

Thank you, happy to hear you enjoyed it. :)

#9 Minarvia

Minarvia

Wounded Orb

• 856 posts

Posted 31 October 2006 - 12:06 AM

Arghhh! I want to go to Spellhold and Eddie refuses to leave Athkatla. This is the same problem a previous poster had. I have the new version and this is the first time I wanted to leave before Eddie became himself again. We only had the kiss, we're nowhere near the letter phase yet. I'm playing with Beyond the Law and this is the perfect time for Spellhold...but, alas. I'll guess I'll have to kill some time or leave my game on pause a lot.
Just thought someone would want to know.

#10 Transylva Odesseiron

Transylva Odesseiron
  • 19 posts

Posted 05 November 2006 - 04:38 PM

This is my special curse.... :twisted:
"Heroism is the profession of those people obsessed enough to want to save the world and too stupid to realize that it doesn't really want to be saved. The world treats heroes much the same way the body treats a germ. It gets rid of them. That's why there are plenty of ballads about heroes, but none about heroes who lived to a ripe old age and died happily in bed."©