Photo

Weird, just a little

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 PolarBear

PolarBear
  • 254 posts

Posted 04 January 2005 - 01:33 AM

I'm playing trough my first BP-BGT-NEJ run of the game along with BG1NPC, DSotSC, SoBH, TGC installed. It seems okay, but I'm paranoid a bit :) so, one thing: in the Friendly Arms inn the bartender has some unidentified items to sell. It's a bug I can live with, but is it a sign of a courrupted installation?

On the other hand I took a look at KITLIST.2DA in my override folder. At the end of the file there are Moonknight and Charming Rogue though I've not installed them (answered no for both when installing). Is it normal? And if so, are weidu kitmods really uncompatible, or they just don't appear at character creation?
I'm just thinking, can kit compatibility be solved by editing certain gamefiles?

#2 seanas

seanas
  • Modder
  • 1906 posts

Posted 04 January 2005 - 03:27 AM

unidentified items are fine: they might indicate that the modmaker didn't flag items added to the store correctly, but they don't indicate a bad install (ie - it's not user error).

KITLIST.2DA lists all the occurring kits, including NPC kits, in yr game. the problem come not here however, but in the various K_x_x.2DA file. these files define which kits will be shown to you during character creation - if you've got a Human Fighter, then the available kits are defined in K_F_H.2DA, etc. for a PC to be able to use a kit, it has to be listed in the appropriate K_x_x.2DA file. there can't be more than nine entries in a K_x_x.2DA file, as the kit screen during character creation can only show 9 different kits. all 9 slots in all possible combinations of class and race are filled by BP (well, filled by TDD), so if you add a kit which yr PC can use, you get 10 entries in yr K_x_x.2DA file, and yr new kit won;t show up during character creation. and if yr unlucky, yr new kit will patch the relevant K_x_x.2DA files (or KITLIST.2DA) in a manner unsympathetic to BP (ie, TDD) and thus *no* kits other than the basic BG2 kits will be available, either to you or to an NPC.

"A simple test of the relative merits of science and religion is to compare lighting your house at night by prayer or electricity" - A. C. Grayling
"EFF files have saves, too." - CamDawg
|| this is radio seanas || BP Series v3 || seanas at work ||

#3 PolarBear

PolarBear
  • 254 posts

Posted 04 January 2005 - 04:29 AM

Many thanks, Seanas :)

I'll continue on then.

Hmm, I see. So there can be no more than 9 kits for a class/race combination. But I could swap one with a custom made kit, right? I'll take a look on those 2DAs.

Or those K_x_y.2DA files apply to NPCs aswell ? (I mean joinable NPCs) So, a human fighter NPC can be only one of those 9 kits listed in K_F_H.2DA?

[EDIT]: It's not as easy as I thought :( Where are K_x_y.2DA files located? I need a specific tool to edit/decompress them, right?

/me is now browsing modding forums.

Edited by PolarBear, 04 January 2005 - 04:45 AM.

#4 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 04 January 2005 - 01:32 PM

I'm playing trough my first BP-BGT-NEJ run of the game along with BG1NPC, DSotSC, SoBH, TGC installed. It seems okay, but I'm paranoid a bit :) so, one thing: in the Friendly Arms inn the bartender has some unidentified items to sell. It's a bug I can live with, but is it a sign of a courrupted installation?

View Post

Fixed. Grumble, grumble. :angry: I thought I caught that on the last patch.

Tired of Bhaal? Try some classics mods instead:
Classic Adventures
Official Classic Adventures Website

#5 PolarBear

PolarBear
  • 254 posts

Posted 05 January 2005 - 03:08 AM

By the way in the area east of the lighthouse there is a halfling thief-merchant (Trungle or something like that) who has unidentified items aswell. I don't know which mod is this related to though.

#6 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 05 January 2005 - 07:03 AM

By the way in the area east of the lighthouse there is a halfling thief-merchant (Trungle or something like that) who has unidentified items aswell. I don't know which mod is this related to though.

View Post

That would be DSotSC.

--------------
Retired Modder
Note: I do not respond to profile comments/personal messages in regards to troubleshooting my modifications. Please post on the public forums instead.

Baldur's Gate Trilogy-WeiDU and Mods
Throne of Bhaal Extender (TobEx)

Contributions: (NWN2) A Deathstalker (voice acting) - (IWD2) IWD2 NPC Project (soundset editing) - (Misc) SHS PC Soundsets (voice acting)
Legacy: (BG/Tutu/BGT) Beregost Crash Fixer 1.9 (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Enable conversations with charmed/dominated creatures (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Experience Corrections (18 Jul 10) - (Misc) Platform Conversion Utility RC2 (13 Feb 10)

#7 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 05 January 2005 - 09:47 AM

He always had some items that were not identified. I am not sure if that is deliberate or a bug from the TeamBG mod. Either way, I have reduced the number of unidentified items now. He will still have a few.

Tired of Bhaal? Try some classics mods instead:
Classic Adventures
Official Classic Adventures Website