NTotSC Bug Report

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
42 replies to this topic

#21 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 20 January 2005 - 06:41 AM

Here is area AR26PB. Just extract it to your override folder after you remove the .TXT file extension.

Attached Files

Tired of Bhaal? Try some classics mods instead:
Classic Adventures
Official Classic Adventures Website

#22 Suluku

Suluku
  • 69 posts

Posted 20 January 2005 - 07:42 AM

Hmm, mine worked fine.  However, it didn't work the first day, they had to rest first (I got a message that the item was drained).  You should have an icon for Acid Arrow.  Pushing that creates the 5 poisoned bullets.  Oh, now that I think of it, check the special abilities button (star on the right side) and see if it is there.  I don't have Will in my party but if I remember right, the flail gives him the special ability, you don't need the flail anymore after that.

View Post

There was no message that the item was drained and no icon. I have noticed, however, that Will gains the special ability "Cause Serious Wounds" when the flail disappears. Some wires must be crossed somewhere. A +1 flail is useful early in the game. Is it designed to disappear when the special ability is gained?

#23 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 20 January 2005 - 05:55 PM

No, he keeps the flail. You do have the wrong innate ability. I haven't tested NTotSC with CtB, I wonder if that is the problem. I will have to look at the names of the SPIN files to see if CtB uses that name also.

Hold off on the AR26PB file folks. KD pointed out that I uploaded the bad version of AR26PB. It should look like ARW008 (any of the little huts on the werewolf island). However, it is still pointing to area AR26PB. Worse still, it has the old creature names from the orginal mod. Man, where the hell did I get this one from?

Classic Adventures

#24 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 21 January 2005 - 06:49 AM

Okay gang, here is the second version of area AR26PB. I had to go back and rebuild it. Somehow I lost the good version while ago and never realized it. The ARE file was so bad that pointing it to ARW008 didn't work either. I just walked in and out of this area so I know these files work. Now I have to remember to go back and post them into the NTotSC directory. (done)

Attached Files

Classic Adventures

#25 King Diamond

King Diamond

Give Me Your Soul...Please

• Modder
  • 1430 posts

Posted 21 January 2005 - 10:04 AM

There was no message that the item was drained and no icon. I have noticed, however, that Will gains the special ability "Cause Serious Wounds" when the flail disappears. Some wires must be crossed somewhere. A +1 flail is useful early in the game. Is it designed to disappear when the special ability is gained?

View Post

This flail is NTBLUN05.ITM and I think it's completely messed up with all its special abilities. It points to unexisted BLUNWIL1.ITM + that BLUNWIL1 is reffered to from several dialogs I think (BWILL f.e.) that's not good as well...

IF ~False()
~ THEN BEGIN 1
  SAY ~Hey, why are you taking away my favourite toy from me? Give it back!~
  IF ~~ THEN DO ~TakePartyItem("BLUNWIL1")
SetGlobal("WillHasNoBlunt","GLOBAL",0)
~ EXIT
END

+ we have 2 additional (but IMHO unused in game) Will's flails - NTBLUN06 and NTBLUN07 (shouldn't we skip them at all and not install?)

+ BART5.DLG looks nice ;)

IF ~~ THEN BEGIN 1
  SAY ~Certainly... But to take it out of pledge you have to pay. 1000 gp plus interest for default.~
  IF ~~ THEN REPLY ~Hmm, maybe later.~ EXIT
  IF ~PartyGoldGT(1054)~ THEN REPLY ~Here you are, take it out.~ GOTO 2
END

IF ~~ THEN BEGIN 2
  SAY ~With pleasure, I don't need it.~
  IF ~~ THEN DO ~SetGlobal("WillWantsBlunt","GLOBAL",2)
TakePartyGold(1055)

So what will happen if party will have 1054GP exactly? :rolleyes:

P.S. Is it possible to put a custom spec. ability/spell (bullets creation) as a button to innate abilities panel? I think it's necessary to have a real .spl that button will refer to.....

Edited by King Diamond, 21 January 2005 - 10:20 AM.

(last update: 02-12-2008)
----------------------------------------------
SoS, v1.13
TDD, v1.12
TS-BP, v6.10
CtB, v1.11
RoT, v2.1
BP Animations Scheme

#26 horred the plague

horred the plague

Scourge of the Seven Seas

• Modder
  • 1899 posts

Posted 21 January 2005 - 11:53 AM

P.S. Is it possible to put a custom spec. ability/spell (bullets creation) as a button to innate abilities panel? I think it's necessary to have a real .spl that button will refer to.....

View Post

Yes, this is possible--I did it for a couple of my items in BP, that you can find in Horred's Lair. If I was on my PC, I could tell you what 2DA file you have to edit to pull this off. The icon itself is set in the item, and the custom text strref inside the 2DA (it probably begins with "item" in the name :rolleyes: ). I'll let you know later, when I get home. ;)

#27 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 21 January 2005 - 12:35 PM

View Post

This flail is NTBLUN05.ITM and I think it's completely messed up with all its special abilities. It points to unexisted BLUNWIL1.ITM + that BLUNWIL1 is reffered to from several dialogs I think (BWILL f.e.) that's not good as well...

IF ~False()
~ THEN BEGIN 1
  SAY ~Hey, why are you taking away my favourite toy from me? Give it back!~
  IF ~~ THEN DO ~TakePartyItem("BLUNWIL1")
SetGlobal("WillHasNoBlunt","GLOBAL",0)
~ EXIT
END

+ we have 2 additional (but IMHO unused in game) Will's flails - NTBLUN06 and NTBLUN07 (shouldn't we skip them at all and not install?)

+ BART5.DLG looks nice ;)

IF ~~ THEN BEGIN 1
  SAY ~Certainly... But to take it out of pledge you have to pay. 1000 gp plus interest for default.~
  IF ~~ THEN REPLY ~Hmm, maybe later.~ EXIT
  IF ~PartyGoldGT(1054)~ THEN REPLY ~Here you are, take it out.~ GOTO 2
END

IF ~~ THEN BEGIN 2
  SAY ~With pleasure, I don't need it.~
  IF ~~ THEN DO ~SetGlobal("WillWantsBlunt","GLOBAL",2)
TakePartyGold(1055)

So what will happen if party will have 1054GP exactly? :rolleyes:

View Post

The bartender's dialog is already fixed. As for the If statement, since it asks if you have greater than 1054, you will not get this dialog option if you have less than or equal to 1054. You must have greater than.

Will's flail is in the original game three times. Each one should give you more features. For example, there is a bolt and arrow item that Will can make. I assume each of these come from each flail. Don't know, all I did was convert the originals over. Special abilities probably don't work because of the filename changes. I will have to work on that. Also, as I discovered with DSotSC, not all equip effects in BG1 work in BG2. Sometimes you have to rebuild from scratch. Obviously, Will's flail looks like one of those items.

I will have to check with Aurelinus (original mod creator) about how Will gets his flail upgraded. I don't know if a smith does it or if it was supposed to happen upon leveling up.

Attached is the correct dialog for the bartender.

Will's special ability for making poisoned ammo is (I think) a set of SPIN*.SPL files, meaning innate spells (liking setting traps, cure wounds, spiritual hammer, etc). However, I don't have those built yet. I would think the ability should be linked to the flail instead. However, in the BG1 game I am testing, Will doesn't even have the flail and I am able to make these bullets. Therefore, it would be better to give the flail the ability instead of Will. Make sense?

Attached Files

• Attached File  BART5.D   1.02K   8 downloads

Classic Adventures

#28 Suluku

Suluku
  • 69 posts

Posted 21 January 2005 - 01:14 PM

Makes perfect sense to me from a role-playing point of view. Wish I had more knowledge/skill to help with the fixs, but for now I'll just carry on reporting bugs as I find them :)

#29 horred the plague

horred the plague

Scourge of the Seven Seas

• Modder
  • 1899 posts

Posted 21 January 2005 - 04:55 PM

For the custom item stref's, on your custom item icons, use Tooltip.2DA to refer to the strref of the special ability. Some one else will have to tell you (& me :P ) how to do that in weidu.

#30 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 22 January 2005 - 04:59 AM

APPEND ~TOOLTIP.2DA~
~BHGHAND 12131 12049 -1
BHFABLUT 12050 12051 -1~
UNLESS ~BHGHAND~

The catch here is to use string references already in the game. I wasn't successful adding new references. However, since I did get it to work in DSotSC, I might try it again if the reference isn't already there. Now, what do I call it "Make poison bullets"?

Turns out the flail get some sort of upgrade but it doesn't give him more abilities. So this is the only one. The description of the bullets claims that Will knows how to make them from the resin on the flail. Therefore, I assume it is his ability, not the flail's. I guess what I don't want is to have the flail passed around the party and everyone learns how to make poisoned bullets.

Classic Adventures

#31 King Diamond

King Diamond

• Modder
  • 1430 posts

Posted 22 January 2005 - 06:31 AM

Turns out the flail get some sort of upgrade but it doesn't give him more abilities.  So this is the only one.  The description of the bullets claims that Will knows how to make them from the resin on the flail.  Therefore, I assume it is his ability, not the flail's.  I guess what I don't want is to have the flail passed around the party and everyone learns how to make poisoned bullets.

You can't pass it around the party to create bullets 'coz only Will can use it (at least - only LN human bards ;) ). And even more.. Will shouldn't be able to create bullets if he doesn't have a flail in his inventory and equipped - it's just obvious... :) So IMHO this is flail's ability (of course in combination with Will himself :lol: ).
In such case I think the best way just to fix it's ability to a simple 5-bullets making without any innates.... :rolleyes:
A possible fix is in attachment.... B)

About upgrades. There're no any reference to another flail's incarnations (NTBLUNT06,07) at all so you have to either redevelop some related subplots or just drop them out of contents....

[EDIT] Export allowed flag is set for Will...

[EDIT2] I've seen this for almost every BG1 NPC...and Will ;) They all have weapons in their weapon slots BUT their 'selected weapon slot' field contains 1000 that means 'no selection'. So every time after they join the party u have to re-equip weapons. It's rather annoying... for such lazy bastard as myself....

Edited by King Diamond, 22 January 2005 - 07:36 AM.

SoS, v1.13
TDD, v1.12
TS-BP, v6.10
CtB, v1.11
RoT, v2.1
BP Animations Scheme

#32 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 22 January 2005 - 09:58 AM

The strange weapon equip number comes from NI I think. Normally, I build an NPC as a PC. Export them, load into DLTCEP to add correct name, XP value, scripts, etc. The last step is to use NI to remove the export flag. Since NI touches the file last, I have to assume that NI is loosing the link to the equipped weapon. The only solution would be to reload the CRE in DLTCEP again to make sure the weapon is held. I'm lazier than you so I let you do it. :)

Classic Adventures

#33 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 22 January 2005 - 09:17 PM

Drum roll please. Here is version .02 provided to you as a patch, not a full reinstall. This patch includes all the dialog fixes I've done, lots of creature file fixes, and a version of Will with his trusty flail that works. Also, I fixed the whole Northern Citadel quest which was horribly broken.

I found that the priest at the Temple of Lathander has a dialog option where he will upgrade the flail if you can find a rogue stone. It happens around chapter 5 or later so that explains why I hadn't seen it (haven't gotten that far in the BG1 game). Anywho, Will's flail does give him an innate ability to make poisioned bullets. It only happens once, and he doesn't need the flail anymore to make them. However, the upgraded flail is nice (AC bonus, chance to stun, some other bonuses to it).

So, attached is the NTotSCv02 directory and the TP2 file. You need to copy another Setup*.EXE file to Setup-NTotSCv02.EXE. As long as the name matches the TP2 file, you are good to go.

I will work up a larger patch soon that will include all of King Diamond's great rebuilds of some areas. Those fixes are too big for me to post here.

* crosses fingers that this works *

Attached Files

Classic Adventures

#34 King Diamond

King Diamond

• Modder
  • 1430 posts

Posted 25 January 2005 - 01:15 AM

I'm still disagree with that special ability that flail gives to Will. :P
It gives it to him permanently that is BS (sorry). So I remove the flail from his possession - sell it - and so what? Will is still able to create bullets? But where does he take poison for them from?

So I prefere my version when flail just recharges every day to create 5 bullets as all other items with special abilities.... B)

Ok now, let's close to business....
Here is a small update for NTotSC WAVs. I've found out that following WAVs are unnecessary and not used nowhere in mod or just overwrite (in polish lang) good ones that already exist in game (if I'm wrong let me know plz :) ):
IMOEN29 (polish)
AM0310, AM0310B, AM_2107V, AM_LVA1 (already exist)
SKIEE01A, SLEEP (not in use at all).

The update:
www.risingforce.ru/fix/willwav.rar

Includes refined Will's scheme (all sounds playback is now at NORMAL speed :D + noise-reduced and normalized to the same signal level) + ACMed other files.
GANTO01..04 and TWOMN05,06 are originally should come from BG1 (creatures have dialog references to those sounds) but they were not included so the ones from polish modmakers (in polish language) are the only available right now and should be kept as it is.
AM_2101, _2107, _3301a, _3603a, _ISLA are somehow of BETTER quality that already exist in BP-BGT install so they should be kept in mod as well (not included in .rar).

Edited by King Diamond, 25 January 2005 - 01:41 AM.

SoS, v1.13
TDD, v1.12
TS-BP, v6.10
CtB, v1.11
RoT, v2.1
BP Animations Scheme

#35 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 25 January 2005 - 04:21 AM

I don't have a problem with your idea for the flail. I agree that it should be a feature of the flail, not of Will. I just wanted to mod to match the original for now and then make logical corrections as we go along (kind of like what needed to be done for DSotSC). So your changes are fine. The flail does still need to be upgraded by the Lathander priest so I will build out the second version based on your first one.

I saw those WAV files and wasn't sure why they had them either. I figured maybe I missed the dialogs that trigger them. There are several in DSotSC that are also not needed but I haven't scrubbed that list yet.

Classic Adventures

#36 Aurelinus

Aurelinus
  • 10 posts

Posted 08 February 2005 - 04:51 PM

I don't have a problem with your idea for the flail.  I agree that it should be a feature of the flail, not of Will.

1. The function "per day" doesn't work in Bg1 so i decided to give any special abilities right to person, for abilities work correct "per day". The flail of Will should produce bullets not arrows. To reduce possibility of having such ability on multiple persons the flail must have been changed into another one that has no such an ability, that's all. If you plan to change it, there is no need to keep versions without the abilities, like flail.

2. The woodelves were moved just for they were put in the area existing in the game and replacing meaning things like some quests and possibility to get Boots of the North. I hope you have agreed my idea.

3. if you use BG2 resources there can be possibly right to give monsters their right avatars - salamanders in my module replace werewolves (smaller), now you can redirect the animations and remove replacing ones as well as restore smaller werewolf avatars to their owners on the island...

4. Any of new voices or sounds are valid, so don't remove any if you meet troubles. Sounds are taken from IWD with their areas, so you can find them in the game to take again and replace, but not remove. Will's soundset can couse problems for (if I'm sure) it wasn't converted to WAVC. Original WAVes were playing correct, so I missed to do it. If someone has noises within them it maybe a coding region troubles for WAVes. If you convert them into WAVC it should be no more however.

Good luck.

#37 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 09 February 2005 - 12:56 PM

1. The function "per day" doesn't work in Bg1 so i decided to give any special abilities right to person, for abilities work correct "per day". The flail of Will should produce bullets not arrows. To reduce possibility of having such ability on multiple persons the flail must have been changed into another one that has no such an ability, that's all. If you plan to change it, there is no need to keep versions without the abilities, like flail.

The limitations of the BG1 engine does make it hard for me to figure what why you designed certain features like this. I think what we will finally have here is a flail that can make 5 bullets each day (whether Will makes them or not) and have the other abilities once it gets upgraded by the Lathander priest.

The salamanders are real salamander animations. I assume the island you mentioned is theirs? Not the werewolf island in TotSC. (I never even looked to see if you modified that area). :o

I like the elves being in a seperate area from the original area. It was very crowded in DSotSC since I left the original actors there as well as the TeamBG actors. Your new area helps clean that up.

Most of the mod is in a final state now. A few dialog rewrites and it is ready (thanks to King Diamond fixing the tilesets for me). Thank you for adding material to BG1 game as well as letting me work on this conversion.

Classic Adventures

#38 Aurelinus

Aurelinus
  • 10 posts

Posted 10 February 2005 - 12:55 PM

I think what we will finally have here is a flail that can make 5 bullets each day (whether Will makes them or not) and have the other abilities once it gets upgraded by the Lathander priest.

The salamanders are real salamander animations.  I assume the island you mentioned is theirs?  Not the werewolf island in TotSC.

Your new area helps clean that up.

Thank you for adding material to BG1 game as well as letting me work on this conversion.

View Post

1. Exactly.

2. Area north of Ulgoth's Beard (cave) and a separate, new island (Ar09PB if I'm sure). I replaced small werewolf avatar in BAM's - the original NPCs with those avatars were directed to greater werewolves so in practice nothing changed... You can still see only werewolves on the werevolves' island.

3. B)

4. You're welcome, my pleasure.

#39 --Sven--

--Sven--

Posted 23 July 2005 - 02:10 PM

I have a rather strange problem:

When I buy Will Scarlet O'Hara's Flail (for the 1055gp at Feldeposts Inn):
- I loose the gold (1055 gp)
- I gain the experience points (1000)
- Get the Journal update (Will Scarlets flail is back in his own hands or something like that)

BUT, the part I'm missing is the flail itself...

I tried everything:
- First I thought it was because Will had his hands full, so I reloaded and bought it again, when Will has nothing in his hands... but still no flail...
- Then I thought it was because I missed the original flail, so I reloaded the game from when I just entered Beregost, picked up Will, gathered some gc and went to buy it again, but still no flail

Does anyone have any ideas?

I have quite some mods running (BP + BGT + NeJ + DTotSC + NTotSC + BH + CtB)

(and completely besides the bug report: is this guy necessairy for some quests, or is he just an NPC to fill up the list? Since I don't exactly like bards in my party ;))

#40 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 23 July 2005 - 06:13 PM

No quests for him. You can upgrade his flail and armor later in the game.

The innkeeper is supposed to hand the flail to you, the PC. Did you check there?

Classic Adventures