Photo

Candlekeep revisited error

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Milandir

Milandir
  • 74 posts

Posted 14 January 2005 - 09:43 AM

At the beginning of chapter five, when trying to enter Candlekeep, the guard says I do not have "a tome of great value" in my inventory. However, the Duke gave me the "History of the Nether Scrolls." Idientified or not, it doesn't matter to the guard...

Any suggestions? Preferably not including total reinstallation? :^^:

BP-BGT-NeJ according to Seanas installation guides. Ease-of-use, item upgrade, and 1P as well, though I fail to understand how this would affect that Keeper of the Portal...

#2 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 14 January 2005 - 09:51 AM

You have to have item "Book68". It sounds like you either received the wrong book or somehow switched the books. Use the console and enter:
CLUAConsole:CreateItem("BOOK68")
That will give you the right book for him to take.

Tired of Bhaal? Try some classics mods instead:
Classic Adventures
Official Classic Adventures Website

#3 Milandir

Milandir
  • 74 posts

Posted 14 January 2005 - 10:02 AM

You have to have item "Book68".  It sounds like you either received the wrong book or somehow switched the books.  Use the console and enter:
CLUAConsole:CreateItem("BOOK68")
That will give you the right book for him to take.

View Post

Hmmm...

I've got duplicate "History of the Nether Scrolls" now :)
Still won't allow me in though...

Any other thoughts?

Thanks in advance!

#4 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 14 January 2005 - 05:11 PM

The only other possibility I can think of is that you are not in Chapter 7, because that is the only trigger for the option to say that you have the book (you don't even have to have the book. Is the highest Chapter written in your journal Chapter 7? If so, some other mod COULD be interfering.

--------------
Retired Modder
Note: I do not respond to profile comments/personal messages in regards to troubleshooting my modifications. Please post on the public forums instead.

Baldur's Gate Trilogy-WeiDU and Mods
Throne of Bhaal Extender (TobEx)

Contributions: (NWN2) A Deathstalker (voice acting) - (IWD2) IWD2 NPC Project (soundset editing) - (Misc) SHS PC Soundsets (voice acting)
Legacy: (BG/Tutu/BGT) Beregost Crash Fixer 1.9 (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Enable conversations with charmed/dominated creatures (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Experience Corrections (18 Jul 10) - (Misc) Platform Conversion Utility RC2 (13 Feb 10)

#5 Milandir

Milandir
  • 74 posts

Posted 15 January 2005 - 04:36 AM

The only other possibility I can think of is that you are not in Chapter 7, because that is the only trigger for the option to say that you have the book (you don't even have to have the book.  Is the highest Chapter written in your journal Chapter 7?  If so, some other mod COULD be interfering.

View Post

Allrighty...

Teleported myself inside Candlekeep (CTRL+J), followed the storyline, killed Sarevok (which was quite hard - if not very hard :)).

However... What am I supposed to do now? I've talked to Belt, and he says he'll make arrangements for me at the Three Old Keggs... Which he apparently doesn't... or am I simply mistaken? Any directions as to how I could engage in the Tales of the Sword Coast-storyline are most welcome :)

Thanks again!

Edit: As I've never played TOTSC before, I have no idea how I'm supposed to venture forth (hahahaha) in it's quests... Durlag's Tower (as I've read on Gamespot is one of the new area's of the expansion) isn't on my map - yet?
Neither is Ulgoth's Beard, whatever that may be...

Edited by Milandir, 15 January 2005 - 04:47 AM.

#6 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 15 January 2005 - 05:11 AM

Belt sent you to the inn. Stay there and rest. At one point, I think 3 days later, a messenger will arrive and ask you to see Belt. When you do, he will have the quest for you to go to Ulgoth's Beard.

Tired of Bhaal? Try some classics mods instead:
Classic Adventures
Official Classic Adventures Website

#7 Milandir

Milandir
  • 74 posts

Posted 15 January 2005 - 09:11 AM

Belt sent you to the inn.  Stay there and rest.  At one point, I think 3 days later, a messenger will arrive and ask you to see Belt.  When you do, he will have the quest for you to go to Ulgoth's Beard.

View Post

Thank you very much :)

Dungeon-crawling at Durlag's for the time being :D

#8 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 15 January 2005 - 05:02 PM

Good to hear. Be sure you read all the posts here about the transition from BG1 to SoA before you make the transition. And make sure you save a game before the end of TotSC textscreen comes up.

--------------
Retired Modder
Note: I do not respond to profile comments/personal messages in regards to troubleshooting my modifications. Please post on the public forums instead.

Baldur's Gate Trilogy-WeiDU and Mods
Throne of Bhaal Extender (TobEx)

Contributions: (NWN2) A Deathstalker (voice acting) - (IWD2) IWD2 NPC Project (soundset editing) - (Misc) SHS PC Soundsets (voice acting)
Legacy: (BG/Tutu/BGT) Beregost Crash Fixer 1.9 (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Enable conversations with charmed/dominated creatures (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Experience Corrections (18 Jul 10) - (Misc) Platform Conversion Utility RC2 (13 Feb 10)