Another concern about Chloe

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 -Arngor-

-Arngor-

Posted 18 January 2005 - 04:25 AM

It's Arngor again with another conern. The answer is probably obvius but I haven't found it yet so... well anyway, to the point:
I've found Chloe in Irenicus dungeon, watched her having a little small-talk with Imoen and escaped out of the dungeon. After taking care of the circus tent quest (where she had some cute remarks on whether or not I should bring Aire with me;)). I then visited the copper coronet, spent a night in their "normal" room before getting permission to the "back areas". Made a quicksave before talking to the one in charge of the courtesans and immediatly after the quicksave was done Chole asked me some questions about myself. I didn't like the outcome of that conversation so I made a quickload thinking I might be able to do it all over again but Chloe didn't want ot say anytihng to me. I tried resting and even leaving the game running for a while but nothing happened. Have I done something wrong? How can I correct it?

#2 Stone Wolf

Stone Wolf
  • 1672 posts

Posted 18 January 2005 - 05:15 AM

Have you tried force-talking Chloe? With your main character selected, click the dialog icon and then click on Chloe.

#3 -Arngor-

-Arngor-

Posted 18 January 2005 - 05:30 AM

That's the first thing I tried. The only options are "You look strange.." and "Nevermind."

#4 seanas

seanas
  • Modder
  • 1906 posts

Posted 18 January 2005 - 05:45 AM

it's a banter, isn't it? and like all banters, it's on a timer. when the banter timer runs down will trigger one of any valid banters, including this chloe banter. so if yr not getting it, just keep playing - it'll reappear eventually.

if you want to force it to happen, do multiple Ctrl-I's until it reappears.

"A simple test of the relative merits of science and religion is to compare lighting your house at night by prayer or electricity" - A. C. Grayling
"EFF files have saves, too." - CamDawg
|| this is radio seanas || BP Series v3 || seanas at work ||

#5 -Arngor-

-Arngor-

Posted 18 January 2005 - 06:06 AM

Allright I'll try that. Will let you know if it works so you don't have ot worry about me that much. ;)

#6 Lucythebeast

Lucythebeast

Chloe's bitch

• Modder
  • 593 posts

Posted 19 January 2005 - 05:33 PM

Actually, Chloe's banters are on their own timer and system and won't come up with the Ctrl-Is. You might want to check to make sure that the ChloeisAngryatpcCR variable isn't set to 1... you might have somehow caused her to be pissed off and it saved it... or perhaps you accidentally quicksaved before the quickload and didn't realize it. I dunno.

Save a vampire. Give blood.

#7 -Arngor-

-Arngor-

Posted 20 January 2005 - 12:39 AM

I don't think I've made her angry as that was the VERY first time she's ever said anything to me. Oh and by the way I've managed to procede with my quests and stuff and Clhoe has been asking me alot about my past and other stuff. Now I'm a little curius about how to find that quest of hers. As mentioned in the readme I read throguh the introduction fiction a few times but either I've missed something or Chloe's quest is the same as Yoshimo's quest, i.e. the whole Mae'var thing? Is this right?

#8 NiGHTMARE

NiGHTMARE
  • 2328 posts

Posted 20 January 2005 - 12:44 AM

You won't get it until you start dealing with Aran Linvail.

#9 -Arngor-

-Arngor-

Posted 20 January 2005 - 01:42 AM

But dealing with Aran means I have to side with the shadow thieves, right? Wich means I can't side with that other rival guild right?

#10 Lucythebeast

Lucythebeast

Chloe's bitch

• Modder
  • 593 posts

Posted 20 January 2005 - 05:09 PM

But dealing with Aran means I have to side with the shadow thieves, right? Wich means I can't side with that other rival guild right?

View Post

Yes, if you want to get the quest you have to side with the shadow thieves. That is based on her past association with Aran Linvail... which is mentioned in the introductory story. ;)

#11 -Arngor-

-Arngor-

Posted 20 January 2005 - 11:42 PM

Hrmm... starting to do the quests asiciated with the shadow thieves are generally the LAST thing I do after having taken care of all the other sidequests. Very well. Seems like I'll have to wait a while before doing those quests. Worth the wait?

#12 Lucythebeast

Lucythebeast

Chloe's bitch

• Modder
  • 593 posts

Posted 21 January 2005 - 11:33 PM

*shrugs* Wait until you do it and then you tell me. ;)

#13 -Arngor-

-Arngor-

Posted 25 January 2005 - 12:17 AM

Soo... how do I know it's okay to go after Immy? I don't want to mess things up as I've read somewhere around here that I shouldn't go after Imoen right away. Also I managed to screw up the paladin quests pretty bad (didn't realise I couldn't rest before going to Umar Hills. Go figure) and had to load a savegame two days before taking on the swadowdragon quest (thought that one and the paladin one was the same, first time playing as paladin). The only problem is, I have no idea how far in the romace I've progressed.
Any good tips on how to find out?

#14 Lucythebeast

Lucythebeast

Chloe's bitch

• Modder
  • 593 posts

Posted 25 January 2005 - 08:09 PM

Soo... how do I know it's okay to go after Immy? I don't want to mess things up as I've read somewhere around here that I shouldn't go after Imoen right away. Also I managed to screw up the paladin quests pretty bad (didn't realise I couldn't rest before going to Umar Hills. Go figure) and had to load a savegame two days before taking on the swadowdragon quest (thought that one and the paladin one was the same, first time playing as paladin). The only problem is, I have no idea how far in the romace I've progressed.
Any good tips on how to find out?

View Post

The last romance dialogue that takes place before Imoen has to be present for the dialogues to occur starts out like this:

Chloe: So how are you feeling this morning, <charname>?

1. Well enough, I suppose. How about yourself?

2. A little stiff, but otherwise just fine. I feel much better as I gaze upon your lovely face, though. (Smile)

3. Well, I feel good enough to fly. Oh wait, I just stood up too fast. Never mind. (grin)

4. Tired. Let's talk later, ok?

If that sounds familiar, then feel free to go spring the purple-haired cutie from Spellhold. If it doesn't, you probably just need to camp. The lovetalk before this one starts with Chloe looking pensive, if that helps to jog your memory.

#15 -Arngor-

-Arngor-

Posted 25 January 2005 - 11:29 PM

Oh, okay then. That particular one happened about four days ago (when I was just about to "collect" the red dragon scales) so I should probably go after Immy as soon as possible. Thanks for the hand!