Photo

Bug List

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 Radwen

Radwen
  • 71 posts

Posted 05 February 2005 - 09:04 PM

Instead of posting things everywhere I made a special post for this ^_^ .

I replayed the bg1-totsc part of the bp-bgt mod and about half-way through I decided to keep note of bugs I found. I went through the game quickly, this one was more for an rp experience instead of the usual character overboosting. So I didn't check out every area, since it made non sense for my charater to go there :P. Thus I only tested a limited amout of quest, but it's better than nothing. Here's the list :

Area : ?? (First accesible area of baldurs gate, with the sorcerous soudries store)
Where : North, complete top of the map.
Bug : Herschel appears multiple times (i saw 5)

Area : ?? (Cloakwood mine outdoors)
Where : At the very entrance of the mine.
Bug : The name Dradeel appears when the narrator is talking. Small bug, but I still thought I'd mention it.

Area : Party
Where : Imoen
Bug : Imoen makes dying sound for no reason. Her sound template is probably just incorrect.

Area : W012 (Underground passage)
Where : Near werewolf encounters.
Bug : Game freezes. Nothing to be done except teleport over the crashing surface. The two surfaces I found where around :
"x,y : tile : square : area"
~ "1461,891 : 22,13 : 91,74 : W012"
~ "1189,354 : 18,5 : 74,29 : W012"

Area : ?? (Ulgoths beard)
Where : West, mendas's house.
Bug : Mendas/Saleed is invulnerable to baldurans sword. Can only hit him with magic (if not resisted) or the short sword of backstabing)*I guess the cursed sword +3 would work too .. but saverok's +5 doesn't :S*

Area : 0602 (Ironicus's Donjon)
Where : Prison.
Bug : Sometimes no animation is started. My character is animated as if he is getting a beating from Irenicus, but there is no one to be found. Then my character get's up, and waits for Imoen. I had to ctrl-J myself out of the prison. Once I went to talk to Imoen (who seemed jammed in a corner), everything was ok.

Bug : Imoen has jaheira's portrait in the paperdoll (only). This might have something to do with the fact that jaheira died early in my game since I didn't care about her. So she wasn't there in the prison. For some odd reason it nugde Imoen's portrait and replaced it by Jaheria. No idea why, but I thought I'd tell you what's up with jaheira in my game :P.

This is pretty much it. The crashing surfaces happened to me a couple of times in wilderness area's, but at the time I didn't note the areas. None of the bugs are big since they can all be avoided or bypassed. But there still bugs :P and ought eventually to be fixed (after the more important ones).

Btw i'll take this opportunity to say thanks to bardez which made bgt (which was a dream come true for me ^^) and Horred for compiling avery mod in BP ! Thanks to the mod makers of the mods .. except those who refused to allow Horred to make an complete all-in-one mega mod :angry: .

Cheers :thumb: .
Posted Image

I rather die on my feet than live on my knees.
- Emilio Zapata

I am the cabbage man.
- Myself

#2 Offkorn

Offkorn
  • 53 posts

Posted 05 February 2005 - 09:43 PM

Bug : Sometimes no animation is started. My character is animated as if he is getting a beating from Irenicus, but there is no one to be found. Then my character get's up, and waits for Imoen. I had to ctrl-J myself out of the prison. Once I went to talk to Imoen (who seemed jammed in a corner), everything was ok.

View Post

Did you kill Jaheira or Minsc in BG1?

If so, thats what's stopping the cutcene, the SBT fixes this.

Edited by Offkorn, 05 February 2005 - 09:43 PM.

#3 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 06 February 2005 - 12:19 AM

Bug : Imoen has jaheira's portrait in the paperdoll (only). This might have something to do with the fact that jaheira died early in my game since I didn't care about her. So she wasn't there in the prison. For some odd reason it nugde Imoen's portrait and replaced it by Jaheria. No idea why, but I thought I'd tell you what's up with jaheira in my game

You must install BP-BGT-NeJ PATCH 313. Otherwise, we don't know which bugs belong where. If you have, then the patch hasn't installed correctly.

--------------
Retired Modder
Note: I do not respond to profile comments/personal messages in regards to troubleshooting my modifications. Please post on the public forums instead.

Baldur's Gate Trilogy-WeiDU and Mods
Throne of Bhaal Extender (TobEx)

Contributions: (NWN2) A Deathstalker (voice acting) - (IWD2) IWD2 NPC Project (soundset editing) - (Misc) SHS PC Soundsets (voice acting)
Legacy: (BG/Tutu/BGT) Beregost Crash Fixer 1.9 (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Enable conversations with charmed/dominated creatures (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Experience Corrections (18 Jul 10) - (Misc) Platform Conversion Utility RC2 (13 Feb 10)

#4 Radwen

Radwen
  • 71 posts

Posted 06 February 2005 - 07:08 AM

And yes Jaheira died and I removed her from the party. As sais above.

I haved patched :S. Should I repatch ?
Posted Image

- Emilio Zapata

I am the cabbage man.
- Myself

#5 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 06 February 2005 - 08:46 PM

And yes Jaheira died and I removed her from the party. As sais above.

I haved patched :S. Should I repatch ?

View Post

You can try, but it may ruin your game and prompt a re-install. The imoen portrait changing to Jaheira's bug is one that patch 313 resolves. Is your world map also screwed up when you start a new game?

--------------
Retired Modder
Note: I do not respond to profile comments/personal messages in regards to troubleshooting my modifications. Please post on the public forums instead.

Contributions: (NWN2) A Deathstalker (voice acting) - (IWD2) IWD2 NPC Project (soundset editing) - (Misc) SHS PC Soundsets (voice acting)
Legacy: (BG/Tutu/BGT) Beregost Crash Fixer 1.9 (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Enable conversations with charmed/dominated creatures (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Experience Corrections (18 Jul 10) - (Misc) Platform Conversion Utility RC2 (13 Feb 10)

#6 Radwen

Radwen
  • 71 posts

Posted 06 February 2005 - 09:41 PM

No my world map is perfect. I've encountered none of the known bugs that affected my game .. so I don't really care about small ones like that. I could simply override jaheira's portrait with imoens :P That way it'll be ok in this game (obviously i'll have to change it afterwards).
Posted Image

- Emilio Zapata

I am the cabbage man.
- Myself

#7 horred the plague

horred the plague

Scourge of the Seven Seas

• Modder
  • 1899 posts

Posted 07 February 2005 - 12:05 AM

On Ulgoth's Beard: even though the sword says +5 up top; look below, you'll see it's really just +2. The sword is also +2 when you get it from the genie in SoA, because it was "tuned to Sarevok's essence" or some spiel like that. So, this might not be a bug outside of the messed item description name.

Werewolf Island: that bug was reported a long time ago, but it never happened to me in my game. Pretty hard to fix, under the circumstances.

Cosmetic errors? We'll work those out in time. Game-stoppers are the higher priority, i'm sure you know.

#8 Radwen

Radwen
  • 71 posts

Posted 07 February 2005 - 09:42 AM

Oh ok. Since some swords are +5 as to what creatures they can hit, though there thaco boost and damage boost is not +5. But I guessed wrong :P.
Thanks !
Posted Image

- Emilio Zapata

I am the cabbage man.
- Myself

#9 Radwen

Radwen
  • 71 posts

Posted 07 February 2005 - 05:53 PM

Hehe got some more bugs :D.

Area : AR0602 (Irenicus Donjon)
Bug : Imoen has a magical items in her hands, thus she can't equip any weapon.

I think this is because she didn't open my door and that I had to teleport out to talk to her ..

Edit : Hehe .. Ilyich is no problem .. Nice turn out though ! Even though it has pretty much no impact .. it's fun :P.

Where : Central Sewer Unit
Bug : Creature AI. After a while the of hiding, shooting, casting, from the door (so I don't get hit) the get stuck in the wall. I sent minsk to fight and they didn't do anything except trying to walk through the wall.. which they couldn't do. It's like they're action is not reseted on the get hit trigger. This made the combat to easy :(.

I think this is it .. for now :devil: .

Edited by Radwen, 07 February 2005 - 07:18 PM.

Posted Image

- Emilio Zapata

I am the cabbage man.
- Myself

#10 Offkorn

Offkorn
  • 53 posts

Posted 08 February 2005 - 06:13 AM

Hehe got some more bugs :D.

Bug : Imoen has a magical items in her hands, thus she can't equip any weapon.

I think this is because she didn't open my door and that I had to teleport out to talk to her ..

Edit : Hehe .. Ilyich is no problem .. Nice turn out though ! Even though it has pretty much no impact .. it's fun :P.

View Post

No, it shouldn't have anything to do with that. The cutscene doesn't start due to either Minsc of Jaheira being dead, it is fixed in the SBT. I've had to teleport out numerous times before it was fixed, never had the magic weapon issue.

Where : Central Sewer Unit
Bug : Creature AI. After a while the of hiding, shooting, casting, from the door (so I don't get hit) the get stuck in the wall. I sent minsk to fight and they didn't do anything except trying to walk through the wall.. which they couldn't do. It's like they're action is not reseted on the get hit trigger. This made the combat to easy :(.

I think this is it .. for now  :devil: .

View Post

Yeah, that will happen at various times throughout the game, some wierd ai issue.

#11 -Deiser-

-Deiser-

Posted 17 March 2005 - 11:54 PM

How do you use the control J method to get out of the cell? I pressed those two buttons, but nothing happened

#12 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 18 March 2005 - 12:54 AM

How do you use the control J method to get out of the cell? I pressed those two buttons, but nothing happened

View Post

First you need to have the following line in baldur.ini:

Debug Mode=1

Then, in the game you need to have a character selected, then move your cursor to where you want to teleport. Press Ctrl-J and you should see your character turn white, then teleport to where your cursor was.

--------------
Retired Modder

#13 glx

glx
  • 138 posts

Posted 18 March 2005 - 01:45 AM

View Post

Debug Mode=1

Then, in the game you need to have a character selected, then move your cursor to where you want to teleport. Press Ctrl-J and you should see your character turn white, then teleport to where your cursor was.

View Post

but not in a cutscene. i had this probl when i moved my player in the cell heading to minsc - imoen wanted to talk with me -> it hang because she couldnt reach me :rolleyes: restart -> no moving ...

#14 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 18 March 2005 - 03:07 AM

View Post

Debug Mode=1

View Post

but not in a cutscene. i had this probl when i moved my player in the cell heading to minsc - imoen wanted to talk with me -> it hang because she couldnt reach me :rolleyes: restart -> no moving ...

View Post

You can't do anything in a cutscene. Thats why its a cutscene. So if a cutscene stops because there is an error, you basically have to Alt-F4 to quit. However, this bug is well known and is fixed by Shorter-Better Transition. Do a forum search for SBT, or Yacomo, since he has referenced this so many times, might be able to give you a direct link.

--------------
Retired Modder

#15 Yacomo

Yacomo

cartographer of the realms

• 485 posts

Posted 18 March 2005 - 04:53 AM

Do a forum search for SBT, or Yacomo, since he has referenced this so many times, might be able to give you a direct link.

View Post

:D sometimes people just need a good PR manager :ph34r:

btw I like your new signature :devil:

#16 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 18 March 2005 - 05:34 AM

B)

--------------
Retired Modder

#17 pinovino

pinovino
  • 9 posts

Posted 22 March 2005 - 02:10 AM

Thanks for answering a lot of my questions too!
Btw... The Duergar enlargement en shrinking really made me think "What the hell!".
Nicely executed too. I love the oversized Duergar. :P
Denial does not improve your already slim chances..

#18 horred the plague

horred the plague

Scourge of the Seven Seas

• Modder
  • 1899 posts

Posted 22 March 2005 - 06:00 AM

Thanks for answering a lot of my questions too!
Btw... The Duergar enlargement en shrinking really made me think "What the hell!".
Nicely executed too. I love the oversized Duergar.  :P

View Post

The ability is in their 2E PnP description. I merely added it to make them more "official"--and challenging as well.

#19 pinovino

pinovino
  • 9 posts

Posted 23 March 2005 - 01:39 AM

The ability is in their 2E PnP description. I merely added it to make them more "official"--and challenging as well.

Well I'm not that "into" D&D PnP so I didn't know that. Still like it though... :thumb:

I did find a bug that I didn't realize was a bug until later on... The genie in Irenicus' Dungeon (the one with the Sword of Chaos) did not appear in the Plane of Air. In stead I encountered it earlier in the hallway between the library and the Duergar workplace. Roughly on the same spot on the area map as where he would appear in the Plane of Air. Top left.
Apart from that everything worked fine with the genie (conversation, quest etc.) he just wasn't in the right spot. In the Plane of Air I could rub his lamp (once) but nothing would happen, which seems logical as I already had set him free....

Edited by pinovino, 08 April 2005 - 02:08 AM.

Denial does not improve your already slim chances..