Photo

Shadowkeeper

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 BallOfFire

BallOfFire
  • 253 posts

Posted 10 February 2005 - 12:41 AM

Just thought I'd let you know that since I got Irenicus in my party I can no longer use Shadowkeeper to alter my characters. I don't know if there is a way to fix this, or if you care, but I like to customize the NPCs a bit so I've had to reload from before I got Irenicus to do so. I haven't gotten very far yet, but aside from all the reloading I've had to do because I didn't get the mask and because of Shadowkeeper, it's a pretty neat mod =).

#2 dorotea

dorotea

witch extraordinaire

• Modder
  • 1927 posts

Posted 10 February 2005 - 08:05 AM

Yes -- I am aware of the fact that LR is not compatible with Shadowkeeper. THe way to use it is exactly what you did - uninstall, edit the char, reinstall LR. I believe it is caused by either new Areas or the fact that I used some restricted colors when making new creatures...

Freedom cannot be equated with goodness, virtue, or perfection. Freedom has its own unique self-contained nature; freedom is freedom ? not universal goodness. Any confusion or deliberate equalization of freedom with goodness and excellence is in itself negation of freedom, and acceptance of the path of restraint and enforcement.

Nikolai Berdyaev - Christian Existentialist, Philosopher of Freedom.

The Longer Road mod
Redemption mod
Bitter Grey Ashes

#3 BallOfFire

BallOfFire
  • 253 posts

Posted 10 February 2005 - 04:11 PM

Actually I never uninstalled. All I had to do was load a saved game from right before I picked up Irenicus and edit that. Maybe it's HIS colors that are the problem.

Edit: You might want to add that they are incompatable on the download page or something. I didn't see that anywhere, and it sure would saved a lot of time.

Edited by BallOfFire, 10 February 2005 - 04:12 PM.

#4 BallOfFire

BallOfFire
  • 253 posts

Posted 10 February 2005 - 04:24 PM

Um lol. Think I found a glitch. Either that or you have a sick sense of humor =P. If your protagonist hides in shadows before Rielev summons Irenicus from the Abyss, he charges your nearest NPC attacks, then two pit fiends appear. Then like 5 fireballs fly into the middle of your party and boom, no more party. I did this twice with the same result.

#5 the bigg

the bigg

2083 is a prime number.

• Modder
  • 3331 posts

Posted 10 February 2005 - 05:03 PM

Edit:  You might want to add that they are incompatable on the download page or something.  I didn't see that anywhere, and it sure would saved a lot of time.

View Post

That is not peculiar to Longer Road, you know, it's true for all mods, except you are extremely lucky.
If you do want your save game not to be destroyed beyond any possibility of fixing, you *must* use Near Infinity. Maybe DLTCEP, but the only reason to use DLTCEP is if you are on a 300 baud modem and would prefer not to download the 15 Mb large Java Runtime.

Italian users: help test the Stivan NPC!

Author or Co-Author: WeiDU - Widescreen - Generalized Biffing - Refinements - TB#Tweaks - IWD2Tweaks - TB#Characters - Traify Tool - Some mods that I won't mention in public
Maintainer: Semi-Multi Clerics - Nalia Mod - Nvidia Fix
Code dumps: Detect custom secondary types - Stutter Investigator

If possible, send diffs, translations and other contributions using Git.

#6 BallOfFire

BallOfFire
  • 253 posts

Posted 10 February 2005 - 06:07 PM

Hmm. Guess I'm lucky then, because I have like 8 mods installed and I've never had this problem before. Is Near Infinity like Shadowkeeper or what?

#7 the bigg

the bigg

2083 is a prime number.

• Modder
  • 3331 posts

Posted 10 February 2005 - 07:23 PM

Hmm.  Guess I'm lucky then, because I have like 8 mods installed and I've never had this problem before.  Is Near Infinity like Shadowkeeper or what?

View Post

An easy description is "better". It is more technical, at least kinda of, and lets you browse all the resources in the game in an easy way, following links between them, to allow for easier debugging,
The incompatibility comes from the fact that SK has his own listing of IE resources, so it is dumb when it comes to reckognize new kits and / or spells. NI, on the other hand, can read your setup and treats new kits the same way as Bioware ones.

Italian users: help test the Stivan NPC!

Author or Co-Author: WeiDU - Widescreen - Generalized Biffing - Refinements - TB#Tweaks - IWD2Tweaks - TB#Characters - Traify Tool - Some mods that I won't mention in public
Maintainer: Semi-Multi Clerics - Nalia Mod - Nvidia Fix
Code dumps: Detect custom secondary types - Stutter Investigator

If possible, send diffs, translations and other contributions using Git.

#8 BallOfFire

BallOfFire
  • 253 posts

Posted 11 February 2005 - 01:40 AM

Hmm. Maybe I'll get that then. Thanks. I'm also considering getting the banter mod and the imoen romance mod. Are these compatable with LR? I want to make sure that all the conversations make some sort of sense together, so I don't end up just ruining LR by ending up with random interejections that aren't consistent. I only want the imoen romance mod because she is sooo boring but apparently she has a role or something in ascension, and can change Sarevok's alignment so I want her in the party.

#9 dorotea

dorotea

witch extraordinaire

• Modder
  • 1927 posts

Posted 11 February 2005 - 08:00 AM

LR is compatible with banter packs and Imoen Romance-SOA. IR-ToB part has never been released and if it will ever be there might be problems as I only accounted for all the Weidu based mods that were out BEFORE LR was released.

If you have LR installed you better have Imoen in the party as she has a number of new banters and her own conflict with Irenicus ( obviously), but be carefull what you tell her about your motives.

Freedom cannot be equated with goodness, virtue, or perfection. Freedom has its own unique self-contained nature; freedom is freedom ? not universal goodness. Any confusion or deliberate equalization of freedom with goodness and excellence is in itself negation of freedom, and acceptance of the path of restraint and enforcement.

The Longer Road mod
Redemption mod
Bitter Grey Ashes

#10 BallOfFire

BallOfFire
  • 253 posts

Posted 11 February 2005 - 12:12 PM

Hmm... does that mean that the Imoen Romance wouldn't even do anything since I'm already in ToB? I just really hate Imoen and want to make her less boring. I'm absolutely loving Longer Road so far though =). I've never had so much fun with the banters. Listening to Irenicus and Edwin fight is so fun. WATCHING them fight is even more so. You had me scared for a moment there. You should add something with Boo for that part, it could be quite hillarious. Squirrels and hampsters everywhere, rejoice! Everyone told me not to install mods my first time through ToB, but I'm finding that Longer Road is really the only thing keeping my interest in ToB. Now I'm actually tempted to start over once I finish it just to get the banters with other party members.

You really should consider making getting the mask from Ellesime easier though, because I almost wasn't willing to restart ToB for Irenicus, and it would have been sad to miss out on him. That conversation is just insanely hard to know what to say, and you really can't roleplay at all if your a good polite character like mine. At least put a warning in caps or something on the download page or readme saying that you MUST get the mask from her, because the fact that failing in the conversation adds a journal entry made me think that's how the conversation was MEANT to end. It's too bad you made his mask unremovable; I'd love to use it on my Fighter/Mage/Thief with UAI =P.

Thanks for the awesome mod.

Edit: Ever since the Deva quest started the game has been extremely choppy, even after finishing it. I haven't left Watcher's Keep since this happened. Any idea how to fix it?

Edit again: It's not just Watcher's Keep. I guess I installed one mod too many =(.

Edited by BallOfFire, 12 February 2005 - 02:17 PM.

#11 BallOfFire

BallOfFire
  • 253 posts

Posted 14 February 2005 - 01:01 AM

The speed problem goes away if I take Irenicus out of my party. It comes back if I put him back in. What can I do?

Edit: Actually the speed is normal when he dies, even if he is still in the party. I managed to find a way to keep him in the party even while dead, but it will be kinda hard to convince a dead person to be good...

Edited by BallOfFire, 14 February 2005 - 01:14 AM.

#12 BallOfFire

BallOfFire
  • 253 posts

Posted 14 February 2005 - 03:14 PM

No one loves me =(. Please, if anyone has any ideas let me know, I am currently out of them.

#13 dorotea

dorotea

witch extraordinaire

• Modder
  • 1927 posts

Posted 14 February 2005 - 11:46 PM

Sorry to be a bit late with reply -- can you list the mods you have installed and the order of the installation? Also, I might ask you to send me the savegame with the problem... Yes, LR has quite a few new variables, and if Jon is alive his script is running on the background all the time. I fear this cannot be helped... unless you are willing to uninstall some of the other mods or get more RAM. Although I am not sure about it until I get more info.

The Longer Road mod
Redemption mod
Bitter Grey Ashes

#14 BallOfFire

BallOfFire
  • 253 posts

Posted 15 February 2005 - 02:27 AM

I FIXED IT!!! I was replying to you and was going to give you my save, so I loaded it up to find out which one was the last save where I wasn't fooling around trying to fix the problem, and I got an idea. I dropped my three bottomless bags of holding. Problem fixed =). Now I don't know whether to continue my save or start over like I planned. I had decided to start over because I was unwilling to play ToB without Irenicus (you spoiled me). I absolutely love this mod. Thanks for the help! Now I know what those containers in the pocket plane are for...

#15 darkstar2

darkstar2
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 August 2005 - 09:15 PM

I FIXED IT!!!  I dropped my three bottomless bags of holding.  Problem fixed =). 

View Post

Im sorry, but that is not the problem. I had the same problem and tryed to use the idea to drop the bottemless Bag of Holding (after taking out any kind of item). I also dropped any other container (Scroll Bag etc.) but the save still breaks any time java script:emoticon(':(') smilie

#16 dorotea

dorotea

witch extraordinaire

• Modder
  • 1927 posts

Posted 27 August 2005 - 12:04 PM

Can you please specify? What kind of a script break are you having? If you cannot teleport to Elysium - there is a different solution.

The Longer Road mod
Redemption mod
Bitter Grey Ashes