Photo

The BGT Tutu discussion

• Please log in to reply
78 replies to this topic

#21 -Ashara-

-Ashara-

Posted 10 February 2005 - 02:25 PM

Yeh, this'd be my ideal solution, and if I was doing it myself, that's what I'd do. However, it's substantially more work that way, and I'm willing to bet that some people would say "BGT is better because it still lets me play ToB!!!!!!" Hence, for this 'proof-of-concept', I'm going to try and make sure that BGT retains no advantages whatsoever

Sim, I fully agree with you, that BG1 and BG2 are better as separate games. I also applaud your willingness to make a TUTU transition mod to accomodate the players who do not share this pov.

*Goes away, feeling slightly disgruntled after learning that some people think that there are no mods made for TUTU.... Such words are salt on wounds, salt on wounds, people.*

Having said all this I would really like to thank SimDing0 for what he is trying to do in this discussion. Right now the bg modding community is best described as anarchy. Part of this is a result of the copyright laws, no one except Bioware can claim ownership of bg so everyone who writes a mod has to do it for free and once they distribute it they lose control of it. The result has been several different groups (TeamBG-now FW, Pocket Plane, 3 Gibberlings, Chosen of Mystra) all making mods independently of one another. Now most people in these groups are Americans.

As you have mentioned, modder is a free-lancer. He or she will go to the place where he or she is comfortable. Thanks to the multitude of the boards some of us are still working, because the alternative at one point or another was sending it all to the Nine Hells. Thanks to the multitude of the boards novice modders can get hosting.

You cannot conglomerate people who by definition work on a hobby project for teh sake of satisfying their own creative cravings and make them produce what they have no interest in. So the modding community will always be diverse and there are always be incompatible or rival mods.

And it's Gibberlings 3, btw, come check it out it is a lovely place. :)

Edited by Ashara, 10 February 2005 - 02:36 PM.

#22 Kalindor

Kalindor

Nerd of Lordly Calibur

• 142 posts

Posted 10 February 2005 - 02:25 PM

You have to reinstall each time you want to start a new game?

I believe russ is referring to the dilemma of the patch barrage. I have been frustrated by this phenomenon as well. When you're 1/4th of the way through the game, there is a major bugfix or nice feature addition that requires reinstallation to implement. That's what you get for playing a work in progress mod (read: most of them). ^_^

#23 NiGHTMARE

NiGHTMARE
  • 2328 posts

Posted 10 February 2005 - 02:32 PM

One of the advantages of modders using WeiDU is that players shouldn't need to re-install the entire game to update a mod :).

#24 Kalindor

Kalindor

Nerd of Lordly Calibur

• 142 posts

Posted 10 February 2005 - 02:47 PM

One of the advantages of modders using WeiDU is that players shouldn't need to re-install the entire game to update a mod :).

View Post

Well, you at least have to start a new games for major updates regarding already-experienced material. Done quests, world map updates, etc. Reinstallation is most likely only an issue on mods like BGT which have up to this point shunned a weidu implementation.

#25 Andyr

Andyr

HERR RASENKOPF

• 2318 posts

Posted 10 February 2005 - 02:47 PM

You have to reinstall each time you want to start a new game?

I believe russ is referring to the dilemma of the patch barrage. I have been frustrated by this phenomenon as well. When you're 1/4th of the way through the game, there is a major bugfix or nice feature addition that requires reinstallation to implement. That's what you get for playing a work in progress mod (read: most of them). ^_^

View Post

Oh, right.

NiGHTMARE: Yes. Most certainly true.
"We are the Gibberlings Three, as merry a band as you ever did see..." - Home of IE mods

< jcompton > Suggested plugs include "Click here so Compton doesn't ban me. http://www.pocketplane.net/ub"

#26 -Ashara-

-Ashara-

Posted 10 February 2005 - 05:57 PM

BGT is already aimed at making a transition work and mods built for Tutu have already been made BGT-compatible. I would imagine that some pretty convincing technical arguments in favour of Tutu need to be made fast if BGT is going to be abandoned in its favour. Otherwise, this debate may begin to look like one person's sour grapes

Well, as a BG1 modding enthusiast my technical argument in favour of TUTU over BGT is that it comes as a separate quick converter easy to build various and numerous mods for. Conversion of a TUTU mod to BGT takes willingness, time and effort, which I'd rather invest in a further development of the mod.

#27 russ

russ

bilbo_faramir

• 78 posts

Posted 10 February 2005 - 06:09 PM

I hope I didn't offend anybody with my comment on Americans and their independence. I was just trying to point out how difficult SimDing0 has made it for himself with what he is trying to do here. I want to say bluntly it is a great idea for there to be just one way to play bg1 with a bg2 engine. However, deciding which one (BGT or Tutu), will be difficult for all the reasons I mentioned about the anarchy of the current modding community. Right now mod writers are spending time making their mods available for both when they could be improving their mods or creating new ones. I would also like to point out that my favorite bg1 mod, dsotsc, is not available for Tutu (though I think at Chosen of Mystra they were trying to do this). Dsotsc takes about 20 hours of playing time to get through all of it. I don't think there is a comparable mod in Tutu (remember SoBH was originally BGT).

Anyway, Nightmare said something about it being easy to create a transition mod for Tutu. Would it work the same way as BGT tries to make it work (with the .chr and .cre from the save game file being used as opposed to new ones from the biffs and override)? Will it be possible for variables set in bg1 to affect the storyline in bg2 (I don't think this currently happens in BGT entirely either but there is at least the potential that it could happen)?

About the reinstallation, my point was that it should not be a reason for choosing BGT v. Tutu. As I understand it in Tutu, once you finish BG1 you uninstall Tutu and then reinstall BG2? Well with BP-BGT you don't have to do that but by the time you finish your run through bg1 and bg2 a few months have passed and if you want to play a new game it's actually easier to reinstall everything to incorporate all the changes to the various mods since you last installed.

Finally, if the modding community decides to use either BGT or Tutu we will in a sense become a more centralized community and I thought that was the point SimDing0 was trying to make. I for one agree with him that if we choose one or the other the resources of the various people making mods will be focused on improving the mods that are available as opposed to what would happen if we were all working with parallel mods. I for one am glad this discussion is taking place because it means that it is possible that we will have new mods coming out for more than just a few more months.

let me also add this question: is it easier to make a new mod for Tutu or BGT?

Edited by russ, 10 February 2005 - 06:11 PM.

#28 -Ashara-

-Ashara-

Posted 10 February 2005 - 06:33 PM

There is no anarchy in the modding community. It is a creative environment. Every modder finds his or her own audience.

About the reinstallation, my point was that it should not be a reason for choosing BGT v. Tutu. As I understand it in Tutu, once you finish BG1 you uninstall Tutu and then reinstall BG2?

That's incorrect. All you need to do is to run an unconverter (which on my system takes about 2 minutes) and your BG2 is ready to go :)

Dsotsc takes about 20 hours of playing time to get through all of it. I don't think there is a comparable mod in Tutu (remember SoBH was originally BGT).

And BG1NPC, 2 NPC mods and Sirine's call were also first made for TUTU. So?

let me also add this question: is it easier to make a new mod for Tutu or BGT?

For whatever is installed on your system, I suppose, but if you take into an account that TUTU does not change the game, has much more intuitive area naming system, does not make you to ask the end user to install the whole of BP-BGT to run properly, do not make you worry about compatibility with all BP-BGt mods and is continously updated and maintained... yeah, it is easier to mod for TUTU.

Edited by Ashara, 10 February 2005 - 06:38 PM.

#29 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 10 February 2005 - 07:47 PM

One night in the coffers and this thread explodes! I'm really amazed at how much discussion this has created and am glad to read all this. Anyone may disagree with me now, but I will now attempt to sum up how I see the debate.

There seem to be many issues regarding what Tutu does and doesn't and what BP-BGT does and doesn't. Firstly, I really don't think that is an issue, because both Tutu and BP-BGT should be able to be made to do the same things. They are both using the same Infinity Engine from BioWare. The issue, however, is time, and this will depend on the person's tastes. Some people want things now and some people have the patience to wait for the 'best' version of named mod before they will play. For example, SoBH was first released by Sir BillyBob as a BP-BGT mod, and there was much rejoicing because it was the first mod aimed directly at that. Later, it was converted into Tutu, and there was also much rejoicing, but people who really wanted to try out this new adventure straight away would have to play it on BP-BGT first. Same thing goes for a Tutu mod like Indira NPC, which only has been released for BP-BGT within last week or so. So, the patience of people is an issue, but not the capabilities of Tutu vs. BP-BGT.

The second major issue is regarding continuity and the transitions. Some people like them, some people don't, due to all sorts of reasons, including technicalities and impracticalities (of re-install or starting a new game or whatever). Personally, I think the BP-BGT transition is fully flawed and so is the continuity. I do quote here the statement that if Quayle dies in BG1 then technically Aerie and the circus should never have come into the plane of existence when the player starts Shadows of Amn. However, this, given the time and effort and willingness, can also be changed to suit. Further, it can be done with not either Tutu or BP-BGT, but BOTH Tutu and BP-BGT, if the need arises. So again, this is not an issue IF people are willing to give the mentioned time, effort, and willingness to work on better technical and practical continuity and transitions, and the end user waits patiently for it.

Same div for the expansions: TDD, SoS, BP, NTotSC, DSotSC. They can also be converted and made to work perfectly given the time. Again, not an argument in this debate because TIME is the major factor. I can hear people screaming BGT is better NOW because it has the mentioned mods. That is a time issue.

The impact of size on the end user IS one argument that favours Tutu, and I totally agree. With slow servers, not even a 1 MB connection will get you Bardez's original BGT MK3 112 release in the allotted time of 657 seconds, which is the size of the blasted archive. No, I am not going to say that this a server issue, that we need better servers. Rather, people must make use of what resources they have, and at the moment, we have slow, narky servers. Thus, we should be aiming to reduce file size. Tutu is excellent at this in only about 600 kb. On this issue, Tutu will definitely be superior, unless BGT finds a way of converting the BG1 areas, but that would make it quite close to a copy of Tutu then, wouldn't it?

To clear up the save game/new game issue for people, the point here is that save games become invalidated due to two major factors:

1. Joinable NPCs that get saved in the save game can get changed, destroying the save game -- by this I don't just mean the items they have, the sound sets they have, or the scripts they have, but most importantly the StrRefs -- for example, if you install a newer version of a mod and that newer version just happens to alter the dialog.tlk file a slight bit more (such as new strings) than the older version, and you follow installing this newer version of the mod by a different mod, then the new mod's StrRefs is offset by X than your previous install. Now if your save game had characters from the 'different mod', then by golly your NPC may be named 'This door is locked.'
2. The world map is saved into the save game -- world map updates generally invalidate save games IF they delete areas or change the position of any areas (new areas I'm not too sure about but technically shouldn't make a different) -- obviously, one way to attempt to fix this is to copy the WORLDMAP.WMP from the new mod into your save game, but then you would have to modify the WMP to change the flags of every single area you have visited, or got revealed in your game

I do not know about how Tutu managed the world map (though I think I read about the world map totally changes in each game, i.e. no master world map), but I believe the save game issue may well be the same here. On this point, Tutu PROBABLY edges in front on the world map issue, but it still may have problems when different mods change the world map. So, the save game issue may apply to both Tutu and BP-BGT.

The final points that I would like to make are the issues of work, centralisation and end-user preference.

Modders have and a currently investing a lot of time and energy into making mods for either Tutu or BP-BGT. Most importantly however, modders have invested a lot of time and energy into CONVERTING mods from Tutu to BP-BGT or from BP-BGT to Tutu. A couple of examples of the former are the BG1NPC Project, and The Grey Clan, and for the latter, Secret of Bonehill. This obviously has a major impact on the centralisation issue, which I will touch on later, as someone pointed out. Specifically, one would be forced to bug fix two versions of the same mod. This is very bad in general, but is it necessary? I believe it is, because of end-user preference.

As you can see just in this thread, there are people who like BP-BGT, there are people who like Tutu, and there are people who prefer neither. Forcing people to play only one platform will be better for the community as whole, CONSIDERING THAT one platform was only available in the first place. If Tutu would have been released much earlier in the cycle, then this could be achieved. However, the introduction of Tutu at the time that it was introduced is comparable to the introduction of a new religion, or a new political party. For example, you try telling the terrorists that democracy is not evil, but is better. You try promoting Christianity in front of the Buddhists. In both cases, the land is divided. There are people who do one, and there are other people who do the other. Pushing people to centralise towards one platform is next to impossible, unless you rule by terror. Thus, next to impossible. One 'one-in-a-billion' situation is that all modders come to a complete consensus on a single platform, but that seriously is not likely to happen at all. Thus, for the sake of the end-user, it seems that two platforms, no matter how much of a disadvantage that will be to the modder, is the better choice in this kind of climate.

Therefore, in my terms, the only thing that separates Tutu from BGT is the size factor, and possibly the 'quicker' install, which I haven't quite touched on. If you are a compulsive fan, you can also add the 'what-BGT-has-now' and 'what-Tutu-has-now' factor into it, but remember that I said time is the issue there. I do not necessarily think that that makes Tutu BETTER than BGT (and that is not genuine, because I still have not tried Tutu yet), but I do believe that mods for both platforms is still required, and probably forever will be required, unless someone is going to be a Leon Trotsky or Martin Luther King and sway the masses (if you'd like to try it SimDing0, I encourage it). As I said, I do not believe that that will be achievable.

I should note, finally, that this is not the primary reason I began WeiDU-ising Bardez's BGT. The primary reason is that this was the only platform I knew most about and it obviously felt easier for me to do. However, even knowing much more about Tutu from these discussion would still not change my mind about making a Tutu BGT instead of my current action IF I hadn't started working on anything yet. The impetus came from Horred's excellent work in WeiDU-ising TDD, SoS, and later BPv170. He explicitly stated that we would not take the task of WeiDU-ising BGT and I thought that it would be both a good experience for me, and a bonus for the community, to do such a thing. For those of you who have read the BGT-WeiDU thread here, when I started that thread with the announcement, I was already FOUR full-blooded days into the development of BGT-WeiDU. Then SimDing0 comes in with his yadda yadda (which I am certainly not dismissing or ignoring mind you :angry: -- I'll come back to that later) and I thought 'OK, sure. Valid point', but I ask who would start building a house and 50% through the construction (which is probably a heck of a lot of work), your neighbour comes and says 'No, this is inferior to the idea that I had. Here is a blueprint'. The first thought that came into my mind when he first replied to the announcement was 'I can't stop now. 50% through a mod and someone, respected but I do not know very well, tells me that I should be doing something else because HE THINKS IT IS better'. Sure, four/five days work could PROBABLY be better spent on doing this SUPPOSEDLY BETTER thing, but scrapping a half-built house is demolishing, and besides, if a virus happened to wipe out all that work I did on WeiDU-ising BGT, would I start again? No. Would I start a Tutu BGT? No. Why? Because there is a something called emotion: failure. Poor Horred is burning in his cradle with his NWN mod and needs time out. In capitalising 'he think it is...' and 'supposedly better' above, I mean that more research needs to be done to formulate MY OWN OPINION into the issue (NOT to discredit SimDing0 in any way). You don't just listen and follow. In my experience, only lemmings do that! And even if I did find out that it was better -- I come to the point again that I believe size is the only major factor -- that would still not influence me such to trash all my work.

To conclude, BGT-WeiDU is going ahead, and if people don't like it, OK. That is your decision, folks. If people do like it, then I thank you for appreciating the work I did. I make an analogy to computer game companies here, and games such as Warhammer 40000: Fire Warrior, and the online Terminator game that I cannot remember the exact name of. They totally hit rock bottom, and if it happens to me, then OK, I will learn from it. If that happens and you want to rub that in SimDing0, then fine, it is natural for some people to do that (and I am not suggesting that you are one of those types SimDing0).

We do things for a reason, and if that reason was flawed, then we learn from it.

(I very much appreciate the lively discussion posted here. It really has bettered me in terms of the formulation of my exact opinion on this issue. To SimDing0, I very much appreciate the argument you put forward, as it has not just helped me, but the community as well, but I would just remind you that this is the internet, and this is my hobby, so please do not take 'no answer' as an attempt at ignorance. I do apologise on that matter and will try to read posts more thoroughly, especially yours to satiate that sensitivity)

To everyone out there (including SimDing0), thanks for taking your time to read this post. If you disagree with anything, feel free to speak out. This, and I mean THIS, is a free world.

Cheers. :D :D :D

--------------
Retired Modder
Note: I do not respond to profile comments/personal messages in regards to troubleshooting my modifications. Please post on the public forums instead.

Baldur's Gate Trilogy-WeiDU and Mods
Throne of Bhaal Extender (TobEx)

Contributions: (NWN2) A Deathstalker (voice acting) - (IWD2) IWD2 NPC Project (soundset editing) - (Misc) SHS PC Soundsets (voice acting)
Legacy: (BG/Tutu/BGT) Beregost Crash Fixer 1.9 (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Enable conversations with charmed/dominated creatures (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Experience Corrections (18 Jul 10) - (Misc) Platform Conversion Utility RC2 (13 Feb 10)

#30 CamDawg

CamDawg

ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD

• Modder
  • 1505 posts

Posted 10 February 2005 - 07:52 PM

This was an old issue from the BGT boards when Tutu was first released.

There doesn't seem to be a lot of people who have good solid knowledge of how BGT and Tutu handle importing BG into BGII.

The Tutu algorithm is ridiculously simple--resources get prefixed with _ (unless they are already 8 letters, in which case the underscore replaces the first letter). Areas get renamed from ARxxxx to FWxxxx. BGT is more complicated, as Bardez more or less designated stuff however he felt like it.

Don't forget that there are also plenty of mods designed for Tutu as well... In fact, there are probably more mods for Tutu than there are for BGT (the Grey Clan, BG1NPC Project, Mur'Neth, Indira, and Tutu Tweakpack are just a few examples), but again many of these also have BGT versions.

View Post

In the interests of full disclosure, I feel compelled to point out the Gray Clan has always had native BGT support and the BG1 NPC Project has a BGT port, though it's at least one version behind and I'm not sure about the support situation. Most of the functionality of Tutu Tweaks would be available to BGT via the G3 Tweak Pack, but now I'm just splitting hairs. :) That being said, there is definitely a trend in the modding communities for Tutu projects over BGT projects. Mods for BG are also converted as part of Tutu, making the mod divide even broader.

Recasting BGT as a Tutu addition or extension addresses the weaknesses of both projects, whether you prefer Tutu or BGT.
  • BGT's download size sucks. Fixed.
  • BGT has a shitty, error-prone installer whose creator should be shot. Fixed.
  • Tutu has no transition to BG2. Fixed.
  • Tutu doesn't allow you to play BG2 while installed. Fixed.
  • Characters are not continuous into BG2 with Tutu. Fixed.
  • BGT is very mod-unfriendly to BG mods. Fixed.
  • BGT has little to no support. Fixed.
  • BGT requires TotSC and ToB. Fixed.
  • BGT has inferior area graphics due to the lossy compression used. Fixed.
  • BGT is English-only. Fixed.
  • BGT requires Windows. Fixed.
  • Mod and modders will no longer need to select one over the other, quickening development and test cycles. Regardless of platform, a broader selection of mods becomes immediately available.
Ideally, you could also make the storyline changes that BGT makes to BG optional as well, further enhancing the player experience.

Why is this Hypnotoad video so popu... ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD.
____
The Gibberlings Three - Home of IE Mods

The BG2 Fixpack - All the fixes of Baldurdash, plus a few hundred more. Now available, with more fixes being added in every release.

#31 -Ashara-

-Ashara-

Posted 10 February 2005 - 08:22 PM

Specifically, one would be forced to bug fix two versions of the same mod. This is very bad in general, but is it necessary? I believe it is, because of end-user preference.

It is quite an emotional speech you gave... but I remain inconvinced. I would rather lose BGT audience than build and maintain two mods. It may sound like a sacriledge, but well... appart from installing both on the same system, it just beyond my small human ability. You see, a modder is paied in praise and taxed in bug reports. So far I am deeply in debt and mainating two mods will only plunge me deeper. :P

Edited by Ashara, 10 February 2005 - 08:23 PM.

#32 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 10 February 2005 - 08:26 PM

Specifically, one would be forced to bug fix two versions of the same mod. This is very bad in general, but is it necessary? I believe it is, because of end-user preference.

It is quite an emotional speech you gave... but I remain inconvinced. I would rather lose BGT audience than build and maintain two mods. It may sound like a sacriledge, but well... appart from installing both on the same system, it just beyond my small human ability. You see, a modder is payed in praise and taxed in bug reports. So far I am deeply in debt and mainating two mods will only plunge me deeper. :P

View Post

Sure. Noted. I guess modding in general is a gamble that we take. We do it for free, and people are still heavy-handed in stones to throw at ya.

--------------
Retired Modder
Note: I do not respond to profile comments/personal messages in regards to troubleshooting my modifications. Please post on the public forums instead.

Contributions: (NWN2) A Deathstalker (voice acting) - (IWD2) IWD2 NPC Project (soundset editing) - (Misc) SHS PC Soundsets (voice acting)
Legacy: (BG/Tutu/BGT) Beregost Crash Fixer 1.9 (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Enable conversations with charmed/dominated creatures (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Experience Corrections (18 Jul 10) - (Misc) Platform Conversion Utility RC2 (13 Feb 10)

#33 Chevalier

Chevalier

Knight of the Realms

• Modder
  • 2405 posts

Posted 10 February 2005 - 09:08 PM

Does Tutu let you use things like TDD spells for mages and preist like BP-BGT?? (I really like static charge spell) Does Tutu transition keep all of the changes you make to the joinable NPCs (like stats)? Can you go back to BG1 areas with Tutu that you will do with NeJ2? Would it have a unified world map? Yes in time, as Ascension64 said it could, but does it now?

I Ride for the King!

a.k.a. Chev

#34 Eon Blue Apocalypse

Eon Blue Apocalypse
  • 78 posts

Posted 11 February 2005 - 02:49 AM

I do quote here the statement that if Quayle dies in BG1 then technically Aerie and the circus should never have come into the plane of existence when the player starts Shadows of Amn.  However, this, given the time and effort and willingness, can also be changed to suit.

Do you think this a bad thing?

There is no anarchy in the modding community. It is a creative environment. Every modder finds his or her own audience.

Anarchy implies the lack of a central authority souvereign over the modding community, in this case, so yes, there is anarchy, just like political scientist of the realist school describe the world as being anarchic.

#35 CamDawg

CamDawg

ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD

• Modder
  • 1505 posts

Posted 11 February 2005 - 03:18 AM

Does Tutu let you use things like TDD spells for mages and preist like BP-BGT?? (I really like static charge spell)  Does Tutu transition keep all of the changes you make to the joinable NPCs (like stats)?  Can you go back to BG1 areas with Tutu that you will do with NeJ2?  Would it have a unified world map?  Yes in time, as Ascension64 said it could, but does it now?

View Post

No, no, no, no. If BGT is rebuilt as a Tutu extension, yes, yes, yes, yes.

Why is this Hypnotoad video so popu... ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD.
____
The Gibberlings Three - Home of IE Mods

The BG2 Fixpack - All the fixes of Baldurdash, plus a few hundred more. Now available, with more fixes being added in every release.

#36 Offkorn

Offkorn
  • 53 posts

Posted 11 February 2005 - 03:30 AM

Someone earlier mentioned the size difference, about how Tutu is a MUCH smaller file the BGT. And this is true, but it goes the opposite way as well.

Once you install BGT you can delete BG1, while once you install Tutu, you're still stuck with BG1.

So I believe that BGT comes out ahead in the size argument.

#37 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 11 February 2005 - 04:43 AM

:P

Someone earlier mentioned the size difference, about how Tutu is a MUCH smaller file the BGT. And this is true, but it goes the opposite way as well.

Once you install BGT you can delete BG1, while once you install Tutu, you're still stuck with BG1.

View Post

Interesting point, but the main thing is the size required to download. This is more important because of the 'slow' servers that the end-user must get the files from. From this front, Tutu is an easier grab. Personally, I'd rather get a mod earlier to take x more space on the HD after installation than to wait yonks for it to take up x less space on the HD.

I do quote here the statement that if Quayle dies in BG1 then technically Aerie and the circus should never have come into the plane of existence when the player starts Shadows of Amn.  However, this, given the time and effort and willingness, can also be changed to suit.

Do you think this a bad thing?

I do not necessarily think that it is bad, but all I wanted to achieve in these sentences were to point out the technical flaws existant in BGT. Whether you like it or not, it is your decision, but it remains a technicality issue.

--------------
Retired Modder

#38 SimDing0

SimDing0

GROUP ICON

• 1654 posts

Posted 11 February 2005 - 05:31 AM

Given that you can delete the bulk of the BG1 data with Tutu installed, the net installation size for either mod is probably approximately the same.

And I think Cam's summed up what's going on well. I'm still not sure why you're all so averse to the possibility of removing the disadvantages, but eh.

Edited by SimDing0, 11 February 2005 - 05:36 AM.

Repeating cycle of pubes / no pubes.

A Comprehensive Listing of IE Mods

#39 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 11 February 2005 - 06:22 AM

Given that you can delete the bulk of the BG1 data with Tutu installed, the net installation size for either mod is probably approximately the same.

And I think Cam's summed up what's going on well. I'm still not sure why you're all so averse to the possibility of removing the disadvantages, but eh.

View Post

I say, go for it. Make it all better.

--------------
Retired Modder

#40 SimDing0

SimDing0

GROUP ICON

• 1654 posts

Posted 11 February 2005 - 06:53 AM

I said why "you're" so averse.
Repeating cycle of pubes / no pubes.

A Comprehensive Listing of IE Mods