Photo

Imoen not showing up..

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Valdo

Valdo
  • 13 posts

Posted 03 March 2005 - 07:04 AM

I finished BG + TOSC yesterday, and i returned to BG, after that i got teleported to the woods, and i got kidnapped by Mae'Var. (If i stay put.. and dont move, nothing happends.. and my party members (who joined me there) keep fighting the shadow thieves..bug!?
Now once i go to the edge of the screen, at the start of the kidnapping scene, before the shadow thieves arrive(out of the shadow thieves sight) the scene goes as it should and i will get teleported to Irenicus dungeon..
That fixed the scene for me lol..
But once i get into irenicus dungeon and he is done talking, Imoen should appear.. but she never comes !
Thats the problem i have atm hehe.
Can anyone tell me how to fix it ?
Also i had some dialog problems before, which can be found here:

http://www.shsforums...showtopic=14149

#2 Valdo

Valdo
  • 13 posts

Posted 03 March 2005 - 07:43 AM

Also i just noticed, in the irenicus scene, Minsc is in his cell, and Jaheira isnt.. ?!
Seems she is also missing !?
I waited for 5 minutes and still no Imoen lol.
When im waiting for her i cant acces any menu, or quit the game in a normal way..
Also onces irenicus leaves, my char makes a few strange falling/standing animations.

Edited by Valdo, 03 March 2005 - 07:44 AM.

#3 Valdo

Valdo
  • 13 posts

Posted 03 March 2005 - 08:15 AM

Just found a post with the same problems:

http://www.shsforums...showtopic=13804

Area : 0602 (Ironicus's Donjon)
Where : Prison.
Bug : Sometimes no animation is started. My character is animated as if he is getting a beating from Irenicus, but there is no one to be found. Then my character get's up, and waits for Imoen. I had to ctrl-J myself out of the prison. Once I went to talk to Imoen (who seemed jammed in a corner), everything was ok.

Area : Party
Where : Imoen
Bug : Imoen makes dying sound for no reason. Her sound template is probably just incorrect. (this never really bothered me much..)

Jaheira & minsc didnt got killed in BG1.
My party members (troughout the whole BG1 & TOSC) are :

Imoen
Jaheira
Khalid
Minsc
Dynaheir

I got BP-BGT-NeJ PATCH 313 installed

#4 Valdo

Valdo
  • 13 posts

Posted 03 March 2005 - 10:18 AM

Also Mae'Var after i get unconcious in the woods, he says the wrong things...

First he says "Evil men have been defiling the woodlands with smoke and waste, all in a futile quest for the metal, iron. Would you join me in my task. I would destroy these men of the 'Iron Throne'. Come with me, they dwell to the east within a fort."

After that "Move aside city dwellers. I warn you now; if you have any connection with the men that defile this wood in search of iron, I will cause you much suffering."

Then the Irenicus Dungeon scene loads.

And sometimes (i reloaded this scene to get it working like 10 times already, still no luck.. same goes with irenicus dungeon) Khalid appears 2 times in the kidnapping scene...

Edited by Valdo, 03 March 2005 - 11:39 AM.

#5 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 03 March 2005 - 06:16 PM

Also Mae'Var after i get unconcious in the woods, he says the wrong things...

First he says "Evil men have been defiling the woodlands with smoke and waste, all in a futile quest for the metal, iron.  Would you join me in my task.  I would destroy these men of the 'Iron Throne'.  Come with me, they dwell to the east within a fort."

After that "Move aside city dwellers.  I warn you now; if you have any connection with the men that defile this wood in search of iron, I will cause you much suffering."

Then the Irenicus Dungeon scene loads.

And sometimes (i reloaded this scene to get it working like 10 times already, still no luck.. same goes with irenicus dungeon) Khalid appears 2 times in the kidnapping scene...

View Post

You need Shorter-Better Transition, from this thread. Seems to be extremely old already, on page 3.

--------------
Retired Modder
Note: I do not respond to profile comments/personal messages in regards to troubleshooting my modifications. Please post on the public forums instead.

Baldur's Gate Trilogy-WeiDU and Mods
Throne of Bhaal Extender (TobEx)

Contributions: (NWN2) A Deathstalker (voice acting) - (IWD2) IWD2 NPC Project (soundset editing) - (Misc) SHS PC Soundsets (voice acting)
Legacy: (BG/Tutu/BGT) Beregost Crash Fixer 1.9 (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Enable conversations with charmed/dominated creatures (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Experience Corrections (18 Jul 10) - (Misc) Platform Conversion Utility RC2 (13 Feb 10)

#6 Valdo

Valdo
  • 13 posts

Posted 03 March 2005 - 06:17 PM

lol, posted same time as Ascension :P

Thnx alot dude, your were reading my mind :D

You also know how to fix the dialog problems ?

Edited by Valdo, 03 March 2005 - 06:20 PM.

#7 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 03 March 2005 - 06:25 PM

lol, posted same time as Ascension :P

Thnx alot dude, your were reading my mind  :D

You also know how to fix the dialog problems ?

View Post

Yes, I made SBT and I fixed pretty much everything.

--------------
Retired Modder
Note: I do not respond to profile comments/personal messages in regards to troubleshooting my modifications. Please post on the public forums instead.

Contributions: (NWN2) A Deathstalker (voice acting) - (IWD2) IWD2 NPC Project (soundset editing) - (Misc) SHS PC Soundsets (voice acting)
Legacy: (BG/Tutu/BGT) Beregost Crash Fixer 1.9 (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Enable conversations with charmed/dominated creatures (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Experience Corrections (18 Jul 10) - (Misc) Platform Conversion Utility RC2 (13 Feb 10)

#8 Valdo

Valdo
  • 13 posts

Posted 03 March 2005 - 08:23 PM

well i installed SBT, and imoen shows up now in irenicus dungeon.
However, before that, once i arrive in the Duchal Palace in Baldurs gate the party still gives me the *mad* leaving dialogs..

Now im done clearing the first lvl of irenicus dungeon..
When i try to go trough the northern portal, the game crashes on me.
When i go trough the south portal, i end up in Easthaven (NeJ mod).
Alot of npc there give me strange dialogs
Look at the screenshot for an example...
Is this related to the strange dialog i got before when my party members were leaving me *mad*. ?

Attached Images

• strange.JPG

#9 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 03 March 2005 - 09:01 PM

well i installed SBT, and imoen shows up now in irenicus dungeon.
However, before that, once i arrive in the Duchal Palace in Baldurs gate the party still gives me the *mad* leaving dialogs..

Now im done clearing the first lvl of irenicus dungeon..
When i try to go trough the northern portal, the game crashes on me.
When i go trough the south portal, i end up in Easthaven (NeJ mod).
Alot of npc there give me strange dialogs
Look at the screenshot for an example...
Is this related to the strange dialog i got before when my party members were leaving me *mad*. ?

NeJ isn't particularly my domain, but that should not affect it. With SBT, did you load a save game BEFORE the final TotSC text screen? The mad leaving dialogues occur because the original maker of the transition wanted it that way (good or not), so they make up an excuse to run away, but what they say should somewhat make sense (such as 'You suck, I'm leaving'). I am not sure about the northern portal -- I assume that is the one to Yoshimo.

--------------
Retired Modder

#10 Valdo

Valdo
  • 13 posts

Posted 04 March 2005 - 05:18 PM

I loaded a game when i just defeated Aec'Letec. so before the final TotSC text screen yes...
And the northern portal is the one to yoshimo yes, but it was working now :ermm:
Anyways, can someone tell me what the "BP_s_and_h_Patches" are ?
When i installed everything, i didn't used one of those..
When i got the problems with the dialogs a few days ago, i installed BP_s_and_h_Patch version 6 or so.. i DID fix my final TOSC screen (which at first had some strange other txt on it). Now im not sure if i was ment to install it.. hehe

#11 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 05 March 2005 - 02:56 AM

I loaded a game when i just defeated Aec'Letec. so before the final TotSC text screen yes...
And the northern portal is the one to yoshimo yes, but it was working now  :ermm:
When i got the problems with the dialogs a few days ago, i installed BP_s_and_h_Patch version 6 or so.. i DID fix my final TOSC screen (which at first had some strange other txt on it). Now im not sure if i was ment to install it.. hehe

View Post

Looks like you are crusiing then. Good luck.

--------------
Retired Modder

#12 russ

russ

bilbo_faramir

• 78 posts

Posted 05 March 2005 - 12:53 PM

And the northern portal is the one to yoshimo yes, but it was working now  :ermm:

View Post

Your installation is almost perfect. The problem you are having with Hrothgar in NEJ is actually a minor one. It has nothing to do with the transition from BG1. I don't know why it happens (it happened in my game too) but for some reason the string references in the Hrothgar dialogue before he joins your party are not correct. If you're familiar with how .D files work you can just go to your NEJ directory, find the .D file for dhroth.d and using Notepad you can read the dialog as it's intended. If you're industrious, using NI you can change the string references of dhroth.dlg to the correct ones. You do this with the .d file, using the text from that file to search for strings in the .tlk file, getting the correct string # and then updating that into the dhroth.dlg file. This took me about an hour. Or you can just go through dhroth.d and write down which number responses you want to make and when you talk to hrothgar using those regardless of what it says on the screen.

If this doesn't help I can post my corrected file but that won't work if you didn't install your mods in the same order that I did.