Photo

Crash in Temple Ruins

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#21 Fingers

Fingers
  • 16 posts

Posted 07 March 2005 - 07:04 PM

No. Everytime I even try to load that screen, it just crashes. If you don't know the globals, is there anything I can do to research this? I'm not great at modding by a long shot, but I learn fast, and take direction well.

#22 Fingers

Fingers
  • 16 posts

Posted 07 March 2005 - 07:45 PM

Okay - More info now. I was finally able to get the screen to load again, and I immediately paused it. I CTRL'ed all of the bad guys and saved all before unpausing. As soon as I unpaused, CTD. I then went to NI and checked if anything had changed in the variables. In the save game before going to ar1404, there was no "SpriteisDead RNGSHA02=1" but in the save game after killing everything it is there. I hope if I add this to the save game prior to ar1404, this should make the mayor think everything is done. My only problem is that I figured out how to change variables, but I don't know how to add them if they aren't already there to be changed. If this sounds like it will work, can someone let me know how to add this line to the variables. Thank you again for all of everyones help.

#23 Chevalier

Chevalier

Knight of the Realms

• Modder
  • 2405 posts

Posted 07 March 2005 - 10:26 PM

Do a search on CLUAconsole and look for info setting variables

I Ride for the King!

a.k.a. Chev

#24 Yacomo

Yacomo

cartographer of the realms

• 485 posts

Posted 07 March 2005 - 10:55 PM

Documentation of CLUAConsole can be found at IESDP.

With a bit of luck the command you need is:

CLUAConsole:SetGlobal("SpriteisDead_RNGSHA02", GLOBAL, 1)

* EDIT * Ups - thanks for the correction Ascension64 ;)

Edited by Yacomo, 08 March 2005 - 11:06 PM.

#25 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 08 March 2005 - 02:14 PM

Documentation of CLUAConsole can be found at IESDP.

With a bit of luck the command you need is:

CLUAConsole:SetGlobal("SpriteisDead RNGSHA02", GLOBAL, 1)

View Post

Don't forget the underscore:
CLUAConsole:SetGlobal("SpriteisDead_RNGSHA02", GLOBAL, 1)

--------------
Retired Modder
Note: I do not respond to profile comments/personal messages in regards to troubleshooting my modifications. Please post on the public forums instead.

Baldur's Gate Trilogy-WeiDU and Mods
Throne of Bhaal Extender (TobEx)

Contributions: (NWN2) A Deathstalker (voice acting) - (IWD2) IWD2 NPC Project (soundset editing) - (Misc) SHS PC Soundsets (voice acting)
Legacy: (BG/Tutu/BGT) Beregost Crash Fixer 1.9 (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Enable conversations with charmed/dominated creatures (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Experience Corrections (18 Jul 10) - (Misc) Platform Conversion Utility RC2 (13 Feb 10)

#26 -esabulao-

-esabulao-

Posted 20 March 2005 - 07:44 AM

I'm posting this here, since searching for solutions to my current problem has led me here.

Anyways, I pretty much have the same problem as Fingers. The Temple Ruins have never been grayed out in my case; only the Forest of Tethir was, but now it's ok. I am currently in the Umar Hills, ready to go to the Temple Ruins to begin the quest, but the game crashes while loading the area.

I tried MoveToArea("AR1400"), and the result is that the area has no enemies, it's daytime, I saw Merella the Ranger (used Ctrl-J to get to her) and she died after I talked to her. I must also say that I saw the wolf from the Every Mod and Dog mod but that's all, no other creatures except Merella. It might be that it is the one causing the conflict, but I really don't know as I have lots of mods installed (around 40 or so). Another complication is that I have already finished 2 of the 3 parts of the Every Mod and Dog mod so I don't know what will happen to my save if I try uninstalling it.

I tried MoveToArea("AR1404") but the game crashed while loading. I've cleared out the cache, temp and tempsave directories to no avail.

Thanks in advance for any help anyone can give.

#27 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 20 March 2005 - 10:31 AM

I don't know what the "dog" mod does but it may be your culprit. Area 1400 is the start for this quest and it should have the werewolf on it. Everything else is a spawn or scripted onto the map.

Area 1404 probably has the same problem with the Shade Lord as posted above. Use that solution to fix it.

Uninstalling a mod can have weird results to your game depending on what it modified. If you recieved special abilties or items, they will no longer be there. You still keep the XP earned from any quests.

Tired of Bhaal? Try some classics mods instead:
Classic Adventures
Official Classic Adventures Website

#28 -esabulao-

-esabulao-

Posted 21 March 2005 - 01:46 AM

Please tell me if I got it right.

I should use MoveToArea to go to AR1400. Then proceed normally down the steps and clear out the Temple Ruins and the Shadow Dragon. Then I fight the Shade Lord... and hope that the game does not crash. In event that it does, set the appropriate global variable (SpriteisDead_RNGSHA02) to 1 which basically means that I've completed the quest "normally" and can talk to the mayor and perform future quests in the area without problems(? e.g. ranger quests).

There might be another mod as I think there was an Improved Shade Lord component somewhere which I installed. It is a possible culprit as well. As for the Every Dog and Mod mod, it's pretty decent. A troll quest and a bee quest (both of which I've completed) and now a wolf quest. No special abilities were given, but there was an item from the troll quest.

Thanks again for all of your help.

#29 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 21 March 2005 - 06:02 AM

Improved Shade Lord???? Smells like the Tactics mod (which isn't supported and will break BP).

Tired of Bhaal? Try some classics mods instead:
Classic Adventures
Official Classic Adventures Website

#30 -esabulao-

-esabulao-

Posted 21 March 2005 - 08:40 AM

Oh, I don't use BP. I just use some files from Baldurdash and WeiDU mods.

I finally fixed my problem, and it wasn't the Every Mod and Dog mod. It was the Improved Shade Lord component of the Improved Battles mod. I uninstalled it and everything worked normally again. It's a good thing there was a discussion about an old Shade Lord bug and I checked my mods to see which one had such a component. Still, I would have liked to test my party against the Improved Shade Lord....

I'd never have been able to do this without your help. Thank you very much.