• Please log in to reply
230 replies to this topic

#221 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 23 June 2005 - 06:51 AM

A question for KD:

I understand why you have changed base stats for Tiax, but why you have buffed up other NPC's base stats? For example, Jaheira has improved Constitution and Dexterity, and Minsc and Faldorn also have some upped stats as well (mainly in the Dexterity and Constitution department). Is there a reason behind this? (this is when I noticed the XP and HP of many of the NPCs are wrong so I have to check them all)

Edited by Ascension64, 23 June 2005 - 06:52 AM.

--------------
Retired Modder
Note: I do not respond to profile comments/personal messages in regards to troubleshooting my modifications. Please post on the public forums instead.

Baldur's Gate Trilogy-WeiDU and Mods
Throne of Bhaal Extender (TobEx)

Contributions: (NWN2) A Deathstalker (voice acting) - (IWD2) IWD2 NPC Project (soundset editing) - (Misc) SHS PC Soundsets (voice acting)
Legacy: (BG/Tutu/BGT) Beregost Crash Fixer 1.9 (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Enable conversations with charmed/dominated creatures (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Experience Corrections (18 Jul 10) - (Misc) Platform Conversion Utility RC2 (13 Feb 10)

#222 King Diamond

King Diamond

Give Me Your Soul...Please

• Modder
  • 1430 posts

Posted 23 June 2005 - 07:41 AM

A question for KD:

I understand why you have changed base stats for Tiax, but why you have buffed up other NPC's base stats?  For example, Jaheira has improved Constitution and Dexterity, and Minsc and Faldorn also have some upped stats as well (mainly in the Dexterity and Constitution department).  Is there a reason behind this? (this is when I noticed the XP and HP of many of the NPCs are wrong so I have to check them all)

View Post

All that I've checked and modified a little were THAC0 and some Saves values. There were some mistakes in comparison to D&D tables. I've done nothing to CON or DEX at all.

I believe those CREs were taken from BP-BGT at some stage. And I see that the stats are different from BG1. But from the other side if you look at Jaheira from BG2 she has such "boosted" stats already. So is this possible for the same NPC to have such different stats in the beginning and a little bit later?

P.S> Check out Khalid.CRE. It has INT=12, but all others have it =15

Edited by King Diamond, 23 June 2005 - 07:55 AM.

(last update: 02-12-2008)
----------------------------------------------
SoS, v1.13
TDD, v1.12
TS-BP, v6.10
CtB, v1.11
RoT, v2.1
BP Animations Scheme

#223 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 23 June 2005 - 08:24 AM

A question for KD:

I understand why you have changed base stats for Tiax, but why you have buffed up other NPC's base stats?  For example, Jaheira has improved Constitution and Dexterity, and Minsc and Faldorn also have some upped stats as well (mainly in the Dexterity and Constitution department).  Is there a reason behind this? (this is when I noticed the XP and HP of many of the NPCs are wrong so I have to check them all)

View Post

All that I've checked and modified a little were THAC0 and some Saves values. There were some mistakes in comparison to D&D tables. I've done nothing to CON or DEX at all.

I believe those CREs were taken from BP-BGT at some stage. And I see that the stats are different from BG1. But from the other side if you look at Jaheira from BG2 she has such "boosted" stats already. So is this possible for the same NPC to have such different stats in the beginning and a little bit later?

P.S> Check out Khalid.CRE. It has INT=12, but all others have it =15

View Post

So the only details you have changed are spell memorisation, THAC0 and Saving Throws? If so, then the BP-BGT files must be wrong and I will have to fix the thieving skills, HP, XP, and gold. Even JAHEIR.CRE level is wrong. I think there might be some mistakes in the base stats as well, as they shouldn't change, but if they get boosted stats in BG2, then that could cause a continuity problem if I reset them to BG1 stats, so it is probably better to keep them as BG2 (for your Jaheira case). Otherwise, I know of no way that NPCs can boost stats as you get higher level, so I think Khalid is wrong (he should probably have INT=12 because he isn't particularly a good thinker).

Edited by Ascension64, 23 June 2005 - 08:26 AM.

--------------
Retired Modder
Note: I do not respond to profile comments/personal messages in regards to troubleshooting my modifications. Please post on the public forums instead.

Contributions: (NWN2) A Deathstalker (voice acting) - (IWD2) IWD2 NPC Project (soundset editing) - (Misc) SHS PC Soundsets (voice acting)
Legacy: (BG/Tutu/BGT) Beregost Crash Fixer 1.9 (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Enable conversations with charmed/dominated creatures (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Experience Corrections (18 Jul 10) - (Misc) Platform Conversion Utility RC2 (13 Feb 10)

#224 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 23 June 2005 - 07:35 PM

All rndxxxxx.2da files are limited to 20 columns, but can be expanded to unlimited rows. Adding a new rndtrexx.itm, with a matching row entry on the RndTreas.2da file will allow this.

Hlid,

I couldn't get this to work past the point CB had created with CtB. When I tried to go beyond REDTRE14, it seemed to start at the bottom of the list again. This is why I rebuilt the Exnem RND tables to merge that treasure into what was already there instead of always giving you an Exnem item.

On issue I did have was that DLTCEP and NI both don't like the RNDTRExx.ITM files and so I used the original ones, just renamed them to RNDTRE16.ITM and the like.

I was always able to get items to drop, just not items from the correct rows. I never did figure out why and no one ever answered my questions about this over in the mod-making forums. :(

So if you got it to work above 14, how'd you do it? :ph34r:

Tired of Bhaal? Try some classics mods instead:
Classic Adventures
Official Classic Adventures Website

#225 hlidskialf

hlidskialf

Incarnation of the Eternal Ale Warrior

• Modder
  • 2510 posts

Posted 23 June 2005 - 09:27 PM

All rndxxxxx.2da files are limited to 20 columns, but can be expanded to unlimited rows. Adding a new rndtrexx.itm, with a matching row entry on the RndTreas.2da file will allow this.

Hlid,

I couldn't get this to work past the point CB had created with CtB. When I tried to go beyond REDTRE14, it seemed to start at the bottom of the list again. This is why I rebuilt the Exnem RND tables to merge that treasure into what was already there instead of always giving you an Exnem item.

On issue I did have was that DLTCEP and NI both don't like the RNDTRExx.ITM files and so I used the original ones, just renamed them to RNDTRE16.ITM and the like.

I was always able to get items to drop, just not items from the correct rows. I never did figure out why and no one ever answered my questions about this over in the mod-making forums. :(

So if you got it to work above 14, how'd you do it? :ph34r:

View Post

To be honest I haven't tried it past that point yet. I was extrapolating off of what's been discussed on the subject in the past. In my own "tweaking" so far I've only done up to number 11 or so. Did you get any kind of consistant line change when you went past 14?

The great wolf Fenrir gapes ever at the dwelling of the gods.

#226 King Diamond

King Diamond

• Modder
  • 1430 posts

Posted 24 June 2005 - 05:25 AM

I forgot about 1 old bug.

AR0015.ARE - starting tutorial area.

ERIK and JONDALAR have STAF04.ITM. BG1 version of that staff doesn't do any damage (as it should be in the tutorial), but BG2 version does. As far as STAF04 is in use by some BG2 creatures it's necessary to get bg1 version, rename it to something like BGSTAF04 and to patch ERIK and JONDALAR to have that harmless version.

SoS, v1.13
TDD, v1.12
TS-BP, v6.10
CtB, v1.11
RoT, v2.1
BP Animations Scheme

#227 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 24 June 2005 - 04:08 PM

I forgot about 1 old bug.

AR0015.ARE - starting tutorial area.

ERIK and JONDALAR have STAF04.ITM. BG1 version of that staff doesn't do any damage (as it should be in the tutorial), but BG2 version does. As far as STAF04 is in use by some BG2 creatures it's necessary to get bg1 version, rename it to something like BGSTAF04 and to patch ERIK and JONDALAR to have that harmless version.

View Post

OK, I see.

On another note, Sharteel fight has now been fixed. Woohoo! :D

Edited by Ascension64, 24 June 2005 - 04:12 PM.

--------------
Retired Modder

#228 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 24 June 2005 - 05:55 PM

Did you get any kind of consistant line change when you went past 14?

At level 14, the Exnem items were supposed to appear, instead you got silver rings, some gold, Magic Missle scroll - crap like that.

What made this irratating was that CtB used those rows for junk. Daggers, leather armor and other stuff that could have come from the other 2DA files. If I remember right, one row is just for potions.

Tired of Bhaal? Try some classics mods instead:
Classic Adventures
Official Classic Adventures Website

#229 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 25 June 2005 - 08:33 PM

KD, FALDOR5.CRE seems to have some spell memorisation problems. Are you able to fix it, because I don't really know what I am doing in this department?
Apparently, D&D 2ed rules state a level priest (cleric or druid) should have 3 lvl1, 3 lvl2, and 1 lvl3, while Faldorn here has 5/5/1. Also, in the level 2 spells, there are four slots but five spells memorised.

Please do the modifications to the file linked below:

http://members.iinet...ong/faldor5.cre

Also, there is a graphical glitch (a green pixel) in AR8500 at approximately (3857,2853). Any ideas of what is causing that?

Edited by Ascension64, 25 June 2005 - 08:44 PM.

--------------
Retired Modder

#230 King Diamond

King Diamond

• Modder
  • 1430 posts

Posted 26 June 2005 - 01:31 AM

1) faldor5.cre

2) Does anybody (beside Ascension) see anything wrong there? :lol:

Posted Image

You are crazy, m8! :D
This is an artifact left after TIS conversion. I can't locate such small standalone overlay piece.

Edited by King Diamond, 26 June 2005 - 01:33 AM.

SoS, v1.13
TDD, v1.12
TS-BP, v6.10
CtB, v1.11
RoT, v2.1
BP Animations Scheme

#231 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 26 June 2005 - 07:58 AM

Well, I can spot a lovely green pixel that is much more obvious in-game than you have shown. Surely you can see it. Call me perfectionist!

--------------
Retired Modder