Problems with BG1

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 dragonian

dragonian
  • Validating
  • 503 posts

Posted 01 April 2005 - 09:55 AM

I need to install all files to make the BGT work and when i try to do it the installer tells me that i have only 2,06 GB of free space when i need 2,6GB. It would be nothing except that i have about 11GB of free space on one disc and about 4GB on the other one, neither of them works.
I also tried to install from two copies of BG1 both orginal ones.
The game`s end installing at about 75% and there aren`t all files needed for the BGT
Does anyone know how to solve this problem?

#2 pinovino

pinovino
  • 9 posts

Posted 02 April 2005 - 12:29 AM

You need choose manual install and select all the items to install in stead of choosing a full install.
Even then the game will complain that you have not enough free space on the harddisk but with a manual install you can ignore that message.
Worked every time for me.
Denial does not improve your already slim chances..

#3 dragonian

dragonian
  • Validating
  • 503 posts

Posted 02 April 2005 - 01:21 AM

I`ve done as you said but as i wrote before the instalation then ends at about 75%.
And when i tried to instal BGT it had some files missing.
I have a 5 CD wersion which doesn`t have full install only the custom one.

#4 Chevalier

Chevalier

Knight of the Realms

• Modder
  • 2405 posts

Posted 02 April 2005 - 01:25 AM

Is one of your CDs damaged?

I Ride for the King!

a.k.a. Chev

#5 dragonian

dragonian
  • Validating
  • 503 posts

Posted 02 April 2005 - 01:46 AM

I`ve just tried to install only one of the cd`s the first one(i`ve choosed only things from the first cd in manual install)and it also end`s at about 90% and the folder has 570MB and when you choose what to install it says that it should have 720MB.

i`ve tried installing from two copies of Baldur`s Gate - one of them was demaged but the second one isn`t.

What may cause the install to end before it should?

#6 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 02 April 2005 - 05:02 AM

I`ve just tried to install only one of the cd`s the first one(i`ve choosed only things from the first cd in manual install)and it also end`s at about 90% and the folder has 570MB and when you choose what to install it says that it should have 720MB.

i`ve tried installing from two copies of Baldur`s Gate - one of them was demaged but the second one isn`t.

What may cause the install to end before it should?

View Post

Are you installing the game from 2 CD drives? I know the install 'fails' (it keeps going but keeps asking for CDs) if you change the drive letter for the next CD to a different one.

Also, you could try asking on the BioWare forums since this is more to do with the base BG1 install.

--------------
Retired Modder
Note: I do not respond to profile comments/personal messages in regards to troubleshooting my modifications. Please post on the public forums instead.

Baldur's Gate Trilogy-WeiDU and Mods
Throne of Bhaal Extender (TobEx)

Contributions: (NWN2) A Deathstalker (voice acting) - (IWD2) IWD2 NPC Project (soundset editing) - (Misc) SHS PC Soundsets (voice acting)
Legacy: (BG/Tutu/BGT) Beregost Crash Fixer 1.9 (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Enable conversations with charmed/dominated creatures (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Experience Corrections (18 Jul 10) - (Misc) Platform Conversion Utility RC2 (13 Feb 10)