Photo

new ending for Viconia

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Kain

Kain
  • 54 posts

Posted 03 April 2005 - 12:34 AM

is it true theres a new ending for Viconia with this mod, if so do i still get it if i romance Viccy. also does her evil ending from the flirt pack cause problems with the new ending
Death has come for thee

#2 Laufey

Laufey
  • Modder
  • 1245 posts

Posted 03 April 2005 - 05:46 AM

is it true theres a new ending for Viconia with this mod, if so do i still get it if i romance Viccy. also does her evil ending from the flirt pack cause problems with the new ending

View Post

There is a new ending, only available if she has gone through her alignment change. I haven't used the flirt pack, so I'm afraid I have no idea if that causes any problems or not. But since mine is only for Neutral Viconia, it seems unlikely to me.

#3 jcompton

jcompton
  • Modder
  • 492 posts

Posted 03 April 2005 - 05:38 PM

View Post

There is a new ending, only available if she has gone through her alignment change. I haven't used the flirt pack, so I'm afraid I have no idea if that causes any problems or not. But since mine is only for Neutral Viconia, it seems unlikely to me.

View Post

Presuming that this one is coded correctly, that's right, there would be no overlap because the flirt pack one is for an evil Viconia only.

In cases where multiple mods may make it possible for multiple epilogues to appear, the general rule of thumb is that the mod installed later will take precedence, due to the way mod epilogues are added (by appending to the top of the AR6200 script.)

#4 Kain

Kain
  • 54 posts

Posted 06 April 2005 - 01:22 PM

this really weird i dont have Edwin in my party but i keep getting Edwins ending instead of vicoina i unstalled the Soa and the Tob part of the romance and just left viccys new ending and i still kept getting Edwin ending, i know his got an ego but i didnt think it be this big :D
Death has come for thee

#5 SaintZenn

SaintZenn

Best game ever

• 419 posts

Posted 06 April 2005 - 03:21 PM

Yes, if you romance Edwin he still gets both of his endings.... Edwin's ego is *very* big!
My Deviantart account

Mme. Thenardier:
I used to dream that I would meet a prince
But God Almighty, have you seen what's happened since?
Master of the house? Isn't worth me spit!
`Comforter, philosopher' and lifelong sh*t!
Cunning little brain, regular Voltaire
Thinks he's quite a lover but there's not much there
What a cruel trick of nature landed me with such a louse
God knows how I've lasted living with this bastard in the house!

#6 Laufey

Laufey
  • Modder
  • 1245 posts

Posted 06 April 2005 - 07:23 PM

this really weird i dont have Edwin in my party but  i keep getting Edwins ending instead of vicoina i unstalled the Soa and the Tob part of the romance  and just left viccys new ending and i still kept getting Edwin ending, i know his got an ego but i didnt think it be this big  :D

View Post

You mean that Edwin's ending played instead of Viconia's? That's definitely a bug. Which of Edwin's endings was it?

#7 Kain

Kain
  • 54 posts

Posted 07 April 2005 - 12:02 AM

this really weird i dont have Edwin in my party but  i keep getting Edwins ending instead of vicoina i unstalled the Soa and the Tob part of the romance  and just left viccys new ending and i still kept getting Edwin ending, i know his got an ego but i didnt think it be this big  :D

View Post

You mean that Edwin's ending played instead of Viconia's? That's definitely a bug. Which of Edwin's endings was it?

View Post

it seemed to be his normal bioware ending the one where he ruled for a very short time
Death has come for thee

#8 maidros

maidros
  • Modder
  • 120 posts

Posted 08 April 2005 - 07:57 AM

View Post

View Post

it seemed to be his normal bioware ending the one where he ruled for a very short time

View Post

I tried to replicate the bug, but was unable to do so. Please let me know what other mods you have. And also, if you have a save game just before this, please mail it to snag1978@hotmail.com.

Wealth I seek not hope nor love,
Nor a friend to know me,
All I ask the heaven above
And my work before me.

#9 Kain

Kain
  • 54 posts

Posted 08 April 2005 - 11:02 AM

[/quote]

I tried to replicate the bug, but was unable to do so. Please let me know what other mods you have. And also, if you have a save game just before this, please mail it to snag1978@hotmail.com.
[right]View Post[/right]
[/quote]

the mods i have installed are

Ease of use
Item upgrades
Underepresented items
Banterpack
Ashes of embers
Dark ritual
Dos
Fr_rov
Npc flirt pack
Fade
Saerileth
FWPI

i dont have the Soa or Tob part (v3) of Edwins mod installed just the alt ending for Viconia ive also sent you the email with the savegame and my wediu log.

Edited by Kain, 08 April 2005 - 11:57 AM.

Death has come for thee

#10 maidros

maidros
  • Modder
  • 120 posts

Posted 08 April 2005 - 11:48 PM

I tried to replicate the bug, but was unable to do so. Please let me know what other mods you have.  And also, if you have a save game just before this, please mail it to snag1978@hotmail.com.

View Post

the mods i have installed are

Ease of use
Item upgrades
Underepresented items
Banterpack
Ashes of embers
Dark ritual
Dos
Fr_rov
Npc flirt pack
Fade
Saerileth
FWPI

i dont have the Soa or Tob part (v3) of Edwins mod installed just the alt ending for Viconia ive also sent you the email with the savegame and my wediu log.

View Post

Thanks for the save game. I will check it. But by the way,

Are all the mods you mentioned Weidu mods? And do you get the bug with other Viconia (or other NPC) epilogues or is this the only one?

Edited by maidros, 08 April 2005 - 11:50 PM.

Wealth I seek not hope nor love,
Nor a friend to know me,
All I ask the heaven above
And my work before me.

#11 AnnabelleRose

AnnabelleRose

The great pretender... of modding!

• Modder
  • 2083 posts

Posted 08 April 2005 - 11:55 PM

All of the above mods are weidu.

Ease of use - I think everyone knows this.
Item upgrades - Lets Cromwell/Cespy upgrade more items
Underepresented items - Adds a merchant in Adventuer's Mart that sells items from Icewind Dale
Banterpack - Adds more banters for the Biware NPCs.
Ashes of embers - Does alot of things, like adding new weapons and armor, kits, and makes all weapons universal.
Dark ritual - Store and mini quest mod.
Dos - Store and mini quest mod.
Fr_rov - Item add on pack.
Npc flirt pack - Much like the banterpack, but allows the PC to flirt with the NPCs.
Fade - CN Teifling Thief.
Saerileth - LG Human Paladin
FWPI - I think this is the Forgotten Wars Item pack? I assume this was typed in MTS speak (typonesse).

Not trying to be mean, just trying to help both sides.

Edited by MajorTomSawyer, 08 April 2005 - 11:56 PM.

- The transitioned former modder once known as MTS.

#12 Kain

Kain
  • 54 posts

Posted 09 April 2005 - 12:38 AM

yep thats right the FWPI is the forgotten wars item pack, so far ive only had that bug with viconia's epilogue it dosent seem to affect any other epilogues.

any you could send me the epilogue coz im dying to know what happens to Vic

Edited by Kain, 09 April 2005 - 04:35 AM.

Death has come for thee

#13 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 12 September 2006 - 04:01 PM

where can find this mod that gives viconia a new epilogue? Many thanks jon

#14 ridcully

ridcully
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 April 2009 - 10:19 PM

Just to say that I enjoyed this ending a lot more. Call me a sucker for the character, but the original ending is too depressing, especially after you spend all that time getting things right on the dialogue. Funny and enjoyable. Good job! :cheers: