Install Questions

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#41 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 17 May 2005 - 11:10 AM

The End.BAT file is not critical to your install. The Prep.BAT file is.

The End.bat file is to biff the three areas that were changed for CtB. I don' t even bother including it in the DSotSC package anymore. If you are going to use it, you do have to install DSotSC first since the three areas come from that mod (it can't biff what isn't there).

Tired of Bhaal? Try some classics mods instead:
Classic Adventures
Official Classic Adventures Website

#42 cujo

cujo
  • 216 posts

Posted 18 May 2005 - 02:24 AM

Could it be I have been *gasp* ... wrong?

I reread the notes in Shadowtech's guide (note to self: always read *completely* the instructions before doing). [Hangs head in shame and looks for paper bag to cover face]

Note 1 deals with Windows 98. The items in note 2 deal with "the XP patcher can't find COMDLG.OCX" work-arounds. Is this correct?

I won't say I'm dense, but sometimes neutronium seems to be easier to get through.

I tried installing last night and all went fine until I ran Setup-BP-BGT-NEJ_PATCH313.exe. It failed. Now I'm to e-mail the .DEBUG to Horred, but have no address to send it to. It's to big to post here, but if anyone can help I'd appreciate it.

I'll probably try a clean reinstall later this week, but I'd like to finish this one if possible. I may have all those 76 extra folders, but the override folder has only five or six files in it this time...

View Post

Don't worry about getting the installation wrong, everyone seems to have problems with it.

The debug files can be quite big, but if you can post the part that has the error in it maybe we can find out what went wrong and why you are getting the error.

A clean installation is sometimes better as it will eliminate a lot of problems. The 76 extra folders do they have any files in them or are they empty? If they are empty you can remove them without problems.

#43 -grogerson-

-grogerson-

Posted 18 May 2005 - 10:59 AM

Thanks for the info, Sir BillyBob. I guess I'll use the END.bat anyway, if it will biff out some to the files in the override. It's getting pretty full...

Sorry, cujo, but I don't have the debug file anymore. I reinstalled and it took.

As for the 79 folders, no they are not empty. Earlier in this thread Elrona noted that the bgt_setup.bat was supposed to remove them, but does not. I have looked and the file and I agree. I suspect this happens because the file was altered for Windows98 (also why I get errors looking for "/F" switch operations). I have removed the folders to another location, just in case...

Still, I'd like to know if the Moonknight kit be added outside of the main installation (run setup-BP-NEJ.exe and install only the kit), or will doing so mess up the install?

#44 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 18 May 2005 - 11:12 AM

If that part of NeJ only installs the kit and doesn't do anything else, you should be fine with running it again.

Tired of Bhaal? Try some classics mods instead:
Classic Adventures
Official Classic Adventures Website

#45 -grogerson-

-grogerson-

Posted 18 May 2005 - 12:44 PM

Thanks again, Sir BillyBob. :thumb:

If anything...unpleasant :blush: ...happens when I try it, I'll let you know.

#46 -grogerson-

-grogerson-

Posted 20 May 2005 - 06:25 AM

New Install question. :shifty:

I was installing some other additions (1pp, Unfinished Business, bpseries, Rogue Rebalance, Redemption and Longer Road). All went well except...

In the compatability list it states Redemption needs help finding Ascension, which is included in the initial install. What do I need to do to "help" it? I can't find anything in other threads.

In another thread I did find something else. Is it an either/or between Redemption and Longer Road, or are both compatible with BGT and each other?

#47 Azazello

Azazello

The Anti-Spammer

• Staff
  • 1912 posts

Posted 22 May 2005 - 02:21 PM

For your first question: Before installing Redemption, make sure BODHIND.2da is in your override - http://www.shsforums...showtopic=11101

Also, the Song List might get maxed out when installing Redemption, depending on which mods with music you installed before it. This thread recommends removing music from the Redemption install - http://www.shsforums...pic=8039&st=19#

Don't know answer to second question.

Edited by Azazello, 15 August 2005 - 09:17 PM.

"I gladly simp for jastey" -- Aza
==========================================================
"You ever notice that "What the hell?!" is the answer to just about everything?"
==========================================================

"Girls are like phones, they like to be held and talked too, but if you press the wrong button, you will be disconnected!" DJ Nikodemus
================================================================
Community Contributions
* Level 1 NPCs * gMinion: expanded TP2 for MegaInstalls * PSM (PSQM): expanded scripts for Melanthium * Shar Nadal (DSotSC-BGT) revision * non-detectable Cloak of Non-Detection ?? * Weimer's-Tactics: revised TP2 for MegaInstalls * a directory of Mega-Installation Guides *