• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 minnamaarit

minnamaarit

In recon mission...shush!!

• 429 posts

Posted 05 April 2005 - 08:49 AM

Hi,
first of all , thanks for the great mod! It's been marvelous so far! :) Anyway, as of late I've gotten a bit worried as Edwin hasn't have lovetalks a while now. Actually I've had only first three (the last one was where I called him sweet and he didn't like it at all :P ), but now it's been silent for a long time. I've travelled across Athkatla and To Trademeet, slept both indoor and outdoor but nothing...Also, the most worrying thing is that if I force talk to Eddie, he says something like "You cast me out like a servant.." and leaves!! Umm...this isn't supposed to happen, right? :crying: I checked CLUA and it has 4439498 for EdwinRomance and EdwinRomanceActive is still 1. I tried to change EdwinRomance to 1 as told in the other thread but it does nothing. Any ways to fix this?

I play BP-BGT-NeJ with SotBH, DSotSC, BPSeries, BP worldmap, SBT, Semi-multi mod, Planar sphere, item upgrade and Edwin SoA+ToB installed last, with Radwen's fix advices.
*Frak Ferrari. Frak Porsche. Give me Nimbus 2000. Or a levitate spell.*

Posted Image
Mwhahaha!! I has Boo! And since I has Boo, I has Minsc too! Beware, evil buttocks! >:D

#2 Nebukad

Nebukad
  • 100 posts

Posted 05 April 2005 - 10:20 AM

Actually I've had only first three (the last one was where I called him sweet and he didn't like it at all :P ), but now it's been silent for a long time.

Was this the lovetalk that begins with "It must be an extraordinarily pleasurable, not to mention humbling experience to have a mage of my caliber join this group"? In that case the next one should trigger by resting in a non-dungeon area. Judging from the values of globals you've provided, everything should be in order. Have you tried resting after setting EdwinRomance to 1? Does <CHARNAME> have an item equipped that causes invisibility?

#3 minnamaarit

minnamaarit

• 429 posts

Posted 05 April 2005 - 10:32 AM

Actually I've had only first three (the last one was where I called him sweet and he didn't like it at all :P ), but now it's been silent for a long time.

Was this the lovetalk that begins with "It must be an extraordinarily pleasurable, not to mention humbling experience to have a mage of my caliber join this group"? In that case the next one should trigger by resting in a non-dungeon area. Judging from the values of globals you've provided, everything should be in order. Have you tried resting after setting EdwinRomance to 1? Does <CHARNAME> have an item equipped that causes invisibility?

View Post

Yep, that's the one. My char hasn't any invisibility items but she's mage/thief and I'm using AI so she's in shadows most of the time. Could that be the problem?

Posted Image
Mwhahaha!! I has Boo! And since I has Boo, I has Minsc too! Beware, evil buttocks! >:D

#4 Nebukad

Nebukad
  • 100 posts

Posted 05 April 2005 - 10:36 AM

Yep, that's the one. My char hasn't any invisibility items but she's mage/thief and I'm using AI so she's in shadows most of the time. Could that be the problem?

View Post

Well, <CHARNAME> has to be visible for Edwin to initiate dialogue. Have you tried temporarily deactivating the script?

#5 minnamaarit

minnamaarit

• 429 posts

Posted 05 April 2005 - 11:09 AM

Ah, silly me, of course that was the problem!! :P I deactivated AI, went to an inn and poof - there's Eddie with his *lovely* comments again. :D I did't even have to mess up with CLUA commads. I guess I'll be playing with another script then - just in case! Thanks for the advice! :)

Posted Image

#6 minnamaarit

minnamaarit

• 429 posts

Posted 06 April 2005 - 02:04 AM

Uh...It seems I encountred a real problem this time. The romance has proceeded til the point where we must fetch the Nether Scroll. I found the lich in the lower tomb of Graveyard district, but as soon as my party kills it, Edwins says the line I saw before in force talk ("You cast me out like a servant...") and leaves. If I click Edwin's portrait immeadiately when he says his line, I'm able to keep him in the group but I don't know how I can continue the romance after that. He says nothing about Nether scroll and there isn't any scroll in his inventory either (I don't know if it's supposed to appear there as I haven't ever played the original quest... :ph34r: ) Oh please please tell me there's something I can do to this!!!

EDIT: Checked EdwinRomanceActive and it's still set to 1 so maybe not all is lost. EdwinRomance is set to 4671962.

EDIT2: Ok, I got my NI working again (can't use SK because of my BP-BGT installation) and got these settings for Edwin:

EDWINABANDONED=1
EDWINCOMPLAINABOUTSCROLL=21084682
EDWINDRUNK=1
EDWINIMPORT=1
EDWINJOB=5
EDWINLOVETALKCHECK=19
EDWINMAE=19805782
EDWINMATCH=1
EDWINROMANCE=4671962
EDWINROMANCEACTIVE=1
EDWINROMANCENETHERSCROLL=1
EDWINROMANCEWARNING=3
EDWINSEESNEVAZIAH=1
EDWINTALKEDABOUTSCROLL=2
EDWINWANTSSCROLL=1
EDWINWANTSTOBEFEMININE=4845949

That was all, I think. Anything wrong with these figures? Should I be worried about EdwinRomanceWarning? What about EdwinAbandoned?

Edited by minnamaarit, 06 April 2005 - 03:18 AM.

Posted Image

#7 minnamaarit

minnamaarit

• 429 posts

Posted 06 April 2005 - 10:35 PM

I also tried adding scrlnet.itm via CLUA to Edwin's inventory, but he doesn't say anything when he gets it. When I leave the crypts and stay 24 hours in Athkatla, Eddie says his infamous leaving dialogue...again. Ummm, why does he want to leave me so badly?! :crying: I'd like to check his LOCALS in NI but I doen't know how to do it. I got only GLOBALS.

HELP, I really want to continue this and grow old with Eddie... :blush:

Posted Image

#8 Nebukad

Nebukad
  • 100 posts

Posted 08 April 2005 - 12:14 AM

"You cast me out like a servant..."

View Post

Could you check the line again? I can't find a line like that from ER or even by searching all the strings in the dialog.tlk.

#9 maidros

maidros
  • Modder
  • 120 posts

Posted 08 April 2005 - 07:11 AM

Uh...It seems I encountred a real problem this time. The romance has proceeded til the point where we must fetch the Nether Scroll. I found the lich in the lower tomb of Graveyard district, but as soon as my party kills it, Edwins says the line I saw before in force talk ("You cast me out like a servant...") and leaves. If I click Edwin's portrait immeadiately when he says his line, I'm able to keep him in the group but I don't know how I can continue the romance after that. He says nothing about Nether scroll and there isn't any scroll in his inventory either (I don't know if it's supposed to appear there as I haven't ever played the original quest... :ph34r: ) Oh please please tell me there's something I can do to this!!!

EDIT: Checked EdwinRomanceActive and it's still set to 1 so maybe not all is lost. EdwinRomance is set to 4671962.

EDIT2: Ok, I got my NI working again (can't use SK because of my BP-BGT installation) and got these settings for Edwin:

EDWINABANDONED=1
EDWINCOMPLAINABOUTSCROLL=21084682
EDWINDRUNK=1
EDWINIMPORT=1
EDWINJOB=5
EDWINLOVETALKCHECK=19
EDWINMAE=19805782
EDWINMATCH=1
EDWINROMANCE=4671962
EDWINROMANCEACTIVE=1
EDWINROMANCENETHERSCROLL=1
EDWINROMANCEWARNING=3
EDWINSEESNEVAZIAH=1
EDWINTALKEDABOUTSCROLL=2
EDWINWANTSSCROLL=1
EDWINWANTSTOBEFEMININE=4845949

That was all, I think. Anything wrong with these figures? Should I be worried about EdwinRomanceWarning? What about EdwinAbandoned?

View Post

By grepping through the entire set of dialogues, I cannot find anywhere the line 'You cast me out like a servant ....'.

My grep gives me only these two sentences which contain the word 'servant' in the SoA part of the ER changes.
erlovetalk.TRA:@223 = ~'Edwin', he said, 'it is quite possible to rule by fear. The rule will likely be a brief one though. Make your enemies fear you, but make your allies and servants trust and protect you. That significantly decreases the risk of your manservant sneaking scorpions into your boots or the cook putting razor blades in your dinner. Also, you can get away with lower wages for your Legions of Terror if they happen to be fanatically devoted to you.'~
ermazzy.TRA:@18 = ~Villain! You dare speak such filth to a servant of goodness? I should smite you for your insolence! I should send your black soul screaming in pain to the torment awaiting you in Hell! For Hell it is that will one day claim your wickedness, whereas I, a righteous servant of Arvoreen, will go on to my just reward, knowing that no stain of foulness besmirches my mind and soul and that my life has been one of honor and virtue!~ [MAZZY84]

I will verity this further, but just make sure some other mod/custom sound set is not messing you up.
Regards,
Maidros

PS: Could you just send me your save game just before this happens (if you happen to have it)? email it to snag1978@hotmail.com

Edited by maidros, 08 April 2005 - 07:34 AM.

Wealth I seek not hope nor love,
Nor a friend to know me,
All I ask the heaven above
And my work before me.

#10 minnamaarit

minnamaarit

• 429 posts

Posted 08 April 2005 - 09:18 AM

The exact line is "You would cast me out as though I were a servant? (They will all pay for their insolence!)" The weirdest part is that if I force talk to him with *anyone* else in the group (with Jaheira for example), I get the exact same result!

My vote is that my BGT installation is somehow messing up with his lines. I *think* that that line is Edwin's parting dialogue from Bg1 but I'm not sure. I force talked to Edwin just a while after the first LT and I got the option to say that he looks weird. I clicked it since it was the only option. Could that "self fix" mess something up? Anyway, I have a save before the lich fight (in Graveyard district) and I'll e-mail it to you. I keep my firngers crossed that there will be a solution to this... :ph34r:

Posted Image

#11 Laufey

Laufey
  • Modder
  • 1245 posts

Posted 09 April 2005 - 06:56 AM

The exact line is "You would cast me out as though I were a servant? (They will all pay for their insolence!)" The weirdest part is that if I force talk to him with *anyone* else in the group (with Jaheira for example), I get the exact same result!

My vote is that my BGT installation is somehow messing up with his lines. I *think* that that line is Edwin's parting dialogue from Bg1 but I'm not sure. I force talked to Edwin just a while after the first LT and I got the option to say that he looks weird. I clicked it since it was the only option. Could that "self fix" mess something up? Anyway, I have a save before the lich fight (in Graveyard district) and I'll e-mail it to you. I keep my firngers crossed that there will be a solution to this... :ph34r:

View Post

That 'you cast me out' line isn't something I've written...I wonder if it might be that one of your other mod is conflicting with the Edwin romance.

#12 -Guest_kulyok_*-

-Guest_kulyok_*-

Posted 09 April 2005 - 07:22 AM

View Post

That 'you cast me out' line isn't something I've written...I wonder if it might be that one of your other mod is conflicting with the Edwin romance.

View Post

That's actually a piece from BG1, I wonder how it got there.

#13 minnamaarit

minnamaarit

• 429 posts

Posted 09 April 2005 - 09:58 AM

View Post

View Post

View Post

Well Radwen didn't have any problems like this with his/her BGT installation so I wonder why I'm getting these lines...
I think that the first force talk where I said Eddie that he looks funny messed up something. I'm testing my earlier save from the beginning of ER, just to see if I get the same line. I hope not. :ermm:

Posted Image

#14 maidros

maidros
  • Modder
  • 120 posts

Posted 10 April 2005 - 01:41 AM

View Post

View Post

View Post

Well Radwen didn't have any problems like this with his/her BGT installation so I wonder why I'm getting these lines...
I think that the first force talk where I said Eddie that he looks funny messed up something. I'm testing my earlier save from the beginning of ER, just to see if I get the same line. I hope not. :ermm:

View Post

Have you uninstalled/reinstalled some of the mods?

Nor a friend to know me,
And my work before me.

#15 minnamaarit

minnamaarit

• 429 posts

Posted 10 April 2005 - 05:23 AM

View Post

View Post

View Post

View Post

View Post

I reinstalled whole BP-BGT-NeJ setting while I was doing the bg1 portion because my bg1 haven't installed properly. But I didn't even have Edwin romance installed then so I don't think it would matter in this case. Excluding that reintstall session, I've reinstalled only Edwin twice when I first encountered that leaving problem. Didn't work, obviously...Btw, going through the mod from an older save 'til the Nether Scroll scene has the same result: Edwin wants to leave in bg1 fashion. *sigh* So, now what? :( Did you get my .sav?

Posted Image

#16 maidros

maidros
  • Modder
  • 120 posts

Posted 10 April 2005 - 07:57 AM

View Post

View Post

Yes, I got your save and I am going through the whole thing. I will have to test it a bit further. I think I have the culprit in your case, but I need to be sure. I will keep you informed.
Regards,
Maidros

View Post

View Post

View Post

I reinstalled whole BP-BGT-NeJ setting while I was doing the bg1 portion because my bg1 haven't installed properly. But I didn't even have Edwin romance installed then so I don't think it would matter in this case. Excluding that reintstall session, I've reinstalled only Edwin twice when I first encountered that leaving problem. Didn't work, obviously...Btw, going through the mod from an older save 'til the Nether Scroll scene has the same result: Edwin wants to leave in bg1 fashion. *sigh* So, now what? :( Did you get my .sav?

View Post

Nor a friend to know me,
And my work before me.

#17 minnamaarit

minnamaarit

• 429 posts

Posted 14 April 2005 - 01:46 AM

Ah, nevermind. It seems that my SoA part of BGT is fubared somehow so I'm unistalling it and play Eddie with plain BP. Now I get to enjoy his voice and music too! ;)

Posted Image