Worldmap Question

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 -Foxfire-

-Foxfire-

Posted 10 April 2005 - 04:59 PM

I made a BP-BGT-NEJ-DSOTSC-BH-CtB install a couple of weeks ago and everything ran nicely until the BG2 transition. After finishing all of CtB's candlekeep chores I discovered that numerous bad things had happened (Minsc disappearing, Imoen's belt in her weapon slot, etc...)

I did a reinstall without DSOTSC, BH, and CtB, but since my last worldmap was from CtB, my save game has the wrong worldmap.wmp. Specifically, everything is displaced, but all the transitions seem to work fine (Starting a new game has the right worldmap, so the install seems to be fine).

How game-breaking is it to just use this game? The CtB map has space and icons for all the areas in my game so will using my old save do anything besides displace everything? I'd rather not suffer through the frustration of CtB's intro again.

#2 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 10 April 2005 - 07:53 PM

I made a BP-BGT-NEJ-DSOTSC-BH-CtB install a couple of weeks ago and everything ran nicely until the BG2 transition.  After finishing all of CtB's candlekeep chores I discovered that numerous bad things had happened (Minsc disappearing, Imoen's belt in her weapon slot, etc...)

I did a reinstall without DSOTSC, BH, and CtB, but since my last worldmap was from CtB, my save game has the wrong worldmap.wmp.  Specifically, everything is displaced, but all the transitions seem to work fine (Starting a new game has the right worldmap, so the install seems to be fine). 

How game-breaking is it to just use this game?  The CtB map has space and icons for all the areas in my game so will using my old save do anything besides displace everything?  I'd rather not suffer through the frustration of CtB's intro again.

View Post

Well, if all you had done is the candlekeep deadly chores (:P) then you could just copy WORLDMAP.WMP from override into your savegame directory. Make a backup first!!!

Since you are just starting BG2, then overwriting the map really shouldn't affect you because all the BG1 areas that have been revealed are not necessary to have there anymore -- you will never ever visit them again.

--------------
Retired Modder
Note: I do not respond to profile comments/personal messages in regards to troubleshooting my modifications. Please post on the public forums instead.

Baldur's Gate Trilogy-WeiDU and Mods
Throne of Bhaal Extender (TobEx)

Contributions: (NWN2) A Deathstalker (voice acting) - (IWD2) IWD2 NPC Project (soundset editing) - (Misc) SHS PC Soundsets (voice acting)
Legacy: (BG/Tutu/BGT) Beregost Crash Fixer 1.9 (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Enable conversations with charmed/dominated creatures (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Experience Corrections (18 Jul 10) - (Misc) Platform Conversion Utility RC2 (13 Feb 10)

#3 Yacomo

Yacomo

cartographer of the realms

• 485 posts

Posted 10 April 2005 - 10:31 PM

Well, if all you had done is the candlekeep deadly chores (:P) then you could just copy WORLDMAP.WMP from override into your savegame directory. Make a backup first!!!

Another option would be to extract the worldmap.mos (worldmap graphics) from the CtB archive and put it into your override folder.
And to answer your initial question: No, there should be no problems if you continue with your current save game - if you are still at the beginning of the game however, Ascension64's suggestion is the best solution I think.

#4 -Foxfire-

-Foxfire-

Posted 16 April 2005 - 05:48 PM

Worked perfectly. Thanks!