Photo

I'm having a problem...

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 Kimma

Kimma
  • 10 posts

Posted 08 June 2005 - 01:09 AM

I've already looked through all of the previous threads made, and everything I tried hasn't worked, so...

Edwin's not romancing me.   :crying:

I've already tried making sure the EdwinMatch and EdwinRomance variables were set correctly, and they are... and I'm not sure if I'm just being impatient or if I messed something up, but it's been a while since he said how much he liked the fact that Mae'Var was dead, and there hasn't been a peep out of him since. :huh:

I'm probably just being impatient, but I've had two Anomen romance talks since then, so I was getting worried that either the Edwin romance hadn't started, or I'd messed something up.

So... any tips or suggestions as to what to do? Any help is greatly appreciated. :D

#2 Aion

Aion

Soul Of Magma

• 505 posts

Posted 08 June 2005 - 03:10 AM

Make sure you have a female PC with 15+ Intelligence, but I assume you have that since he spoke after Mae'Var's death. It takes about 30-45 minutes REAL TIME (Not game time!) for his next LT to fire.

Could you post your WeiDU Logfile, or tell us what other Mods you have installed? Some Mods may have rare imcompatibilities. I'm not sure if there are any "wrong" replies in the Mae'Var talk, however. I always choose a reply that makes Edwin say: "Oh, so you *do* have some backbone after all. There is a chance. A slim chance, but the chance is there. (Not very likely she's going to make something of it)" or something along those lines. ^_^

Edited by Moongaze, 08 June 2005 - 03:12 AM.

#3 Kimma

Kimma
  • 10 posts

Posted 08 June 2005 - 04:58 AM

Make sure you have a female PC with 15+ Intelligence, but I assume you have that since he spoke after Mae'Var's death. It takes about 30-45 minutes REAL TIME (Not game time!) for his next LT to fire.

Could you post your WeiDU Logfile, or tell us what other Mods you have installed? Some Mods may have rare imcompatibilities. I'm not sure if there are any "wrong" replies in the Mae'Var talk, however. I always choose a reply that makes Edwin say: "Oh, so you *do* have some backbone after all. There is a chance. A slim chance, but the chance is there. (Not very likely she's going to make something of it)" or something along those lines. ^_^

View Post

Well, I have most of the Ease-Of-Use mods installed, and everything else I have was on the ok'ed list, but I don't think that's the problem. And with your help, I know the romance has started (He said the same thing to me when I answered him). I think I'll just let my game sit on pause for a while and see what happens. Thank you for your help! :hug:

#4 Aion

Aion

Soul Of Magma

• 505 posts

Posted 08 June 2005 - 08:39 AM

:hug: You're welcome. The only nasty Ease-Of-Use component I can think of would be the multi-romancing stuff and the Female Edwina component. Romance bugfixes are safe, however. :) Be sure to let us know if it worked. The Mod is brilliant, after all. ^_^

#5 Kimma

Kimma
  • 10 posts

Posted 08 June 2005 - 10:00 AM

:hug: You're welcome. The only nasty Ease-Of-Use component I can think of would be the multi-romancing stuff and the Female Edwina component. Romance bugfixes are safe, however. :) Be sure to let us know if it worked. The Mod is brilliant, after all. ^_^

View Post

It worked... I can already tell I'm going to love this mod, too. The responses to his second talk were great... I had a hard time choosing what to say. :lol:

Thanks again. :D

#6 Aion

Aion

Soul Of Magma

• 505 posts

Posted 08 June 2005 - 11:21 AM

Of course you will enjoy it! (After all, you *are* speaking about the most perfect form of Thayvian masculinity...)

#7 Kimma

Kimma
  • 10 posts

Posted 10 June 2005 - 06:48 PM

I think I'm having another problem, or maybe not... but I just met Dekaras, and in my journal it says we're to meet with him again the next day... but he hasn't shown up yet, and it's been at least three game days. O_o So I don't know what's up, but yeah... I'll leave my game running on pause again to see if anything happens. I hope this doesn't turn out to be a bug or anything. >.<

#8 Little Dragon

Little Dragon

Die Gedanken sind frei

• 131 posts

Posted 10 June 2005 - 07:18 PM

I think I'm having another problem, or maybe not... but I just met Dekaras, and in my journal it says we're to meet with him again the next day... but he hasn't shown up yet, and it's been at least three game days. O_o So I don't know what's up, but yeah... I'll leave my game running on pause again to see if anything happens. I hope this doesn't turn out to be a bug or anything. >.<

View Post

This is a common problem-Dekaras is not at the Docks district, he will show up in the bridge district. Try resting at the Five Flagons if he doesn't show when you first enter the bridge district.
"There was only one catch and that was Catch-22"
Joseph Heller, Catch-22 (1955)

#9 Kimma

Kimma
  • 10 posts

Posted 10 June 2005 - 07:36 PM

This is a common problem-Dekaras is not at the Docks district, he will show up in the bridge district.  Try resting at the Five Flagons if he doesn't show when you first enter the bridge district.

View Post

Ah, thank you so very much. :D *runs over to the Bridge*

Edited by Kimma, 10 June 2005 - 07:36 PM.

#10 Kimma

Kimma
  • 10 posts

Posted 10 June 2005 - 08:16 PM

And... now another problem. I defeated the litch and everything, and Dekaras said he was going to go ahead and go put in a good word for me with Edwin's mum... but somehow Dekaras became a member of my party, and he wasn't disappearing, and I was left stuck in the room. I'm about to try fighting again, but Dekaras is a member of my party again, and I have a bad feeling I'm going to get stuck in the room... again.

Is this a bug that anyone knows how to fix?

#11 Kimma

Kimma
  • 10 posts

Posted 10 June 2005 - 08:29 PM

Ok. Now I'm just plain stuck in the room. There's no exit, and there are none of those rings to get me out of there. I've checked all the bodies, no rings, no anything. Is there something I'm missing?

Edit: Oh bugger, never mind. It said that it appeared that there were no more charges left, so I just assumed the ring wouldn't work.

Anyway, thanks for the help again. :D

Edited by Kimma, 10 June 2005 - 08:38 PM.

#12 Kimma

Kimma
  • 10 posts

Posted 12 June 2005 - 07:58 PM

Ok... finally finished SoA with the Edwin Romance... and you guys did an AWESOME job, I loved it.  :thumb: But because I already have ToB installed, I didn't get to see the epilogue for Edwin... so, could anyone tell me how to access it, or show me a screenshot or something?

Thanks again for making such a great mod... can't wait to see how it continues in ToB. :D

#13 Laufey

Laufey
  • Modder
  • 1245 posts

Posted 13 June 2005 - 01:46 PM

Ok... finally finished SoA with the Edwin Romance... and you guys did an AWESOME job, I loved it.  :thumb: But because I already have ToB installed, I didn't get to see the epilogue for Edwin... so, could anyone tell me how to access it, or show me a screenshot or something?

Thanks again for making such a great mod... can't wait to see how it continues in ToB. :D

View Post

Hey, glad you enjoyed the mod! :D I'm not sure I understand your question though - the only epilogues available are the ones after ToB, and you didn't want to read them before playing the ToB part of the mod, did you? That would spoil you, after all. However, if you don't mean to play the ToB part and just want to find out how it ends, I'll see what I can do.

#14 Kimma

Kimma
  • 10 posts

Posted 13 June 2005 - 04:00 PM

Hey, glad you enjoyed the mod! :D I'm not sure I understand your question though - the only epilogues available are the ones after ToB, and you didn't want to read them before playing the ToB part of the mod, did you? That would spoil you, after all. However, if you don't mean to play the ToB part and just want to find out how it ends, I'll see what I can do.

View Post

Oh :blush: I've been so out of it lately, I'm sorry. I thought there was an epilogue for SoA too. It's been at least a year since I've actually played the game, so I'm still getting back into the groove hah. ANYWAY... I'm loving the ToB part of the mod already. You guys did an awesome job, really. :D

#15 -Isina-

-Isina-

Posted 18 June 2005 - 04:29 AM

Okay, sorry to use your thread, Kimma, but I have a question as well.

Okay, right now Edwin is still Edwina, and I believe I've had all the LTs that come from that (I believe the last one I had was telling me about his dream that I mocked him...). Is it just a matter of time before something happens to change him back? (Because I'm notoriously impatient and it feels like it's been long time.) Or is there something I have to do? Sorry if this has already been answered, I'm just tired of waiting and, as said above, I'm impatient. :wacko:

#16 Kimma

Kimma
  • 10 posts

Posted 18 June 2005 - 04:35 AM

Okay, sorry to use your thread, Kimma, but I have a question as well.

Okay, right now Edwin is still Edwina, and I believe I've had all the LTs that come from that (I believe the last one I had was telling me about his dream that I mocked him...). Is it just a matter of time before something happens to change him back? (Because I'm notoriously impatient and it feels like it's been long time.) Or is there something I have to do? Sorry if this has already been answered, I'm just tired of waiting and, as said above, I'm impatient. :wacko:

View Post

A Red Wizard should come and ask you if you've seen Edwin not long after that. You can either give Edwin up, or lie and say you don't know who the Red Wizard is talking about... if you lie, the guy will come back a few days later and tell about how he found out Edwin was "disguised" as a woman, and he'll change Edwin back... then Edwin will proceed to kill him for witnessing such a humiliation.

#17 -Isina-

-Isina-

Posted 18 June 2005 - 04:57 AM

Oh, yes! lol, okay I just now met the guy. @.@ Okay, now I feel silly. Cruse my impatience, lol. Thank you!