impossible

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 -Daylight-

-Daylight-

Posted 12 June 2005 - 07:48 AM

This is so confusing. I would like to install BP-BGT-Nej-CtB and DSotSC+NtotSC but it seems impossible. Dozens of different install instructions, hundreds of different topics that have some additional and crucial information about the installation, several websites to read.

Urgh.

I just would like to have as much new as possible in this great game. But this kind of installation is truly impossible to accomplish for a guy like me who doesn't really know much about modding.

But well. Perhaps this wasn't even made for normal gamers like me, so I really shouldn't
even complain. I just have to say that it has so much potential. If you want to make I possible for other gamers please try at least sometimes think like newbies. There should be one place where everything is collected and then updated when needed.

Still you guys have done some amazing and great work there. Even though I don't understand how to use it, it still is a wonderfull work.

Keep it up.

#2 Dunderdon

Dunderdon
  • 62 posts

Posted 12 June 2005 - 08:00 AM

It is true that it is very difficult to install these mods. However, you will find a lot of people who will help you with every problem you adress and if you ask and after reading through those millions of threads that all contain cruical and contradicting information for about one or two days you will be able to do a valid installation and the result will be worth the effort :)

So about your problem: I recommend you try a normal BPv161G Installation with Autoinstaller following Shadowtech's and Hlid's guides and check out if this works by starting a new game, talking to some people there and walking through two or three BG1 areas. if that works, backup your whole game folder and try throwing in more mods.

#3 Azazello

Azazello

The Anti-Spammer

• Staff
  • 1912 posts

Posted 12 June 2005 - 04:28 PM

I also agree that the install process is very difficult but there are some threads that should help ease the pain. Try this one: http://www.shsforums...showtopic=15654

"I gladly simp for jastey" -- Aza
==========================================================
"You ever notice that "What the hell?!" is the answer to just about everything?"
==========================================================

"Girls are like phones, they like to be held and talked too, but if you press the wrong button, you will be disconnected!" DJ Nikodemus
================================================================
Community Contributions
* Level 1 NPCs * gMinion: expanded TP2 for MegaInstalls * PSM (PSQM): expanded scripts for Melanthium * Shar Nadal (DSotSC-BGT) revision * non-detectable Cloak of Non-Detection ?? * Weimer's-Tactics: revised TP2 for MegaInstalls * a directory of Mega-Installation Guides *

#4 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 13 June 2005 - 05:28 PM

The basic install of BGT-BP-NeJ hasn't changed in over a year. Therefore, all documents about that would still be correct. Only additional mods like CtB, DSotSC, and the like make the installation challenging because we keep updating those mods.

Tired of Bhaal? Try some classics mods instead:
Classic Adventures
Official Classic Adventures Website