Photo

Seeking writers

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 xaos_bob

xaos_bob
  • 10 posts

Posted 04 June 2005 - 10:16 PM

You probably like to involve chains, unless I miss my guess. ;)

Since I just stumbled upon this thread in my search for the Ultimate BG2 Build (aka. "modded to Hell and back and then to Hell's Half-Acre for a picnic"), I haven't yet looked at your mod, but if I had more of a sense what Stivan was up to...and just who Stivan is...I could throw together some simple bits for you to peruse. It'll give me a chance to feel like I'm contributing to the community even though I haven't successfully gotten a mod past the 50% mark on my own (coding is my Achilles' heel).

I'm not totally altruistic, however. I see this as in insidious way to potentially recruit your particular talents in the future... :ph34r:

#2 the bigg

the bigg

2083 is a prime number.

• Modder
  • 3331 posts

Posted 05 June 2005 - 03:24 AM

Stivan is a CN halfling fighter/thief who hates seagulls because they killed his brothers. He was a scenery game in core BG2, and one day I thought that the game lacked joinable FTs, so I decided to expand into him. OK, that is his outline ;)
He currently has joining dialogue, a banter with the PC and one with Jaheira, a portrait done by Archmage Silver, plus a mini-script (and associated dialogue) of his own (and probably some bugs too). My intention would be to make a NPC with the 'standard' requirements (2+ banters per NPC, some discussions with the PC, a couple of quest, interjections) and multiple paths - you can have him as a friend or as a semi-slave, and maybe you can try to redeem him.
If this interests you and you'd like to write something, please say so and then download the mod, get jaheira and him, and ctrl-i until you see the dialogues (one with jaheira and one with the PC). Otherwise, open in notepad the file {bg2}/stivan/compile/stivan_dialogues.d to read the dialogues in compiled version.
As for the coding, I can code [very well], so don't worry about this :)

OK, I hope that was clear enough, otherwise just ask :)

Edited by the bigg, 05 June 2005 - 03:59 AM.

Italian users: help test the Stivan NPC!

Author or Co-Author: WeiDU - Widescreen - Generalized Biffing - Refinements - TB#Tweaks - IWD2Tweaks - TB#Characters - Traify Tool - Some mods that I won't mention in public
Maintainer: Semi-Multi Clerics - Nalia Mod - Nvidia Fix
Code dumps: Detect custom secondary types - Stutter Investigator

If possible, send diffs, translations and other contributions using Git.

#3 the bigg

the bigg

2083 is a prime number.

• Modder
  • 3331 posts

Posted 15 October 2008 - 02:48 PM

Writer tentatively found, unpinning...

Italian users: help test the Stivan NPC!

Author or Co-Author: WeiDU - Widescreen - Generalized Biffing - Refinements - TB#Tweaks - IWD2Tweaks - TB#Characters - Traify Tool - Some mods that I won't mention in public
Maintainer: Semi-Multi Clerics - Nalia Mod - Nvidia Fix
Code dumps: Detect custom secondary types - Stutter Investigator

If possible, send diffs, translations and other contributions using Git.