NeJ2 compatible?

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 -billy3-

-billy3-

Posted 29 June 2005 - 08:15 AM

Hi,

Is NeJ2 compatible with BP-BGT-DSOTC? What about other updated mods?

I ran into some updated versions of mods (i.e. TS6, NeJ2, don't remember what others) when looking for the components for BP-BGT.

As well, is there anyplace where I can get an install guide for installing with the updated mods?

Thanks!

#2 Chevalier

Chevalier

Knight of the Realms

• Modder
  • 2405 posts

Posted 29 June 2005 - 09:10 AM

NeJ2 is not compatible with BP or BP-BGT currently. :(

I Ride for the King!

a.k.a. Chev

#3 -billy3-

-billy3-

Posted 29 June 2005 - 11:30 AM

NeJ2 is not compatible with BP or BP-BGT currently.  :(

View Post

What about TS6 or other "updated" BP-BGT components?

#4 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 29 June 2005 - 06:27 PM

NeJ2 is not compatible with BP or BP-BGT currently.  :(

View Post

What about TS6 or other "updated" BP-BGT components?

View Post

Gee, this is confusing. I suppose you mean the classic BP-BGT. The no, NeJ2 and TS60 are not compatible with BP-BGT.

I thus, however, propose that we refer to the WeiDU version of BP-BGT as BP-BGT-WeiDU, or BP-BGT-NeJ-WeiDU. In this, NeJ2 and TS60 are compatible.

--------------
Retired Modder
Note: I do not respond to profile comments/personal messages in regards to troubleshooting my modifications. Please post on the public forums instead.

Baldur's Gate Trilogy-WeiDU and Mods
Throne of Bhaal Extender (TobEx)

Contributions: (NWN2) A Deathstalker (voice acting) - (IWD2) IWD2 NPC Project (soundset editing) - (Misc) SHS PC Soundsets (voice acting)
Legacy: (BG/Tutu/BGT) Beregost Crash Fixer 1.9 (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Enable conversations with charmed/dominated creatures (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Experience Corrections (18 Jul 10) - (Misc) Platform Conversion Utility RC2 (13 Feb 10)

#5 -billy3-

-billy3-

Posted 29 June 2005 - 07:54 PM

Gee, this is confusing.  I suppose you mean the classic BP-BGT.  The no, NeJ2 and TS60 are not compatible with BP-BGT.

I thus, however, propose that we refer to the WeiDU version of BP-BGT as BP-BGT-WeiDU, or BP-BGT-NeJ-WeiDU.  In this, NeJ2 and TS60 are compatible.

View Post

Whoa! Now I'm confused lol

Ok, so is there an install guide on how to install the WeiDU version (BP-BGT-NeJ-WeiDU) with NeJ2 and TS60? Will it work with CtB, DSoTSC and NTotSC?

#6 Yacomo

Yacomo

cartographer of the realms

• 485 posts

Posted 29 June 2005 - 09:56 PM

Ok, so is there an install guide on how to install the WeiDU version (BP-BGT-NeJ-WeiDU) with NeJ2 and TS60?  Will it work with CtB, DSoTSC and NTotSC?

Thanks  :)

View Post

- Ascension64 posted a small install guide in the BGT-WeiDU 0.99 thread.
- Sir BillyBob's mods (SoBH, DSotSC and NTotSC) will most likely work, but keep in mind that this is an all new setup.
- As far as i know, there is still at least one unresolved issue (CtD) with CtB and TDD (or was it SoS?) and the docks district. There is a work around somewhere, but if you do not want to mess with the files, better leave CtB out at the moment :(

Hope this helps,

Yacomo

#7 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 30 June 2005 - 05:53 AM

So which setup is more "stable" thus far and with less known bugs? BP-BGT-NeJ or BP-BGT-NeJ-WeiDU? Will I have to install the mods in BP (i.e. ascension) separately?

Side note... I remember readings somewhere about some "party of 8" mod, any idea if that's also compatible and where it may be found?

I really appreciate the help and advice of each of you. Thanks! :)

#8 -billy3-

-billy3-

Posted 30 June 2005 - 05:55 AM

btw, that was me just now. Looks like "fast reply" doesn't give your name if you're not registered :)

#9 Yacomo

Yacomo

• 485 posts

Posted 30 June 2005 - 06:03 AM

So which setup is more "stable" thus far and with less known bugs?  BP-BGT-NeJ or BP-BGT-NeJ-WeiDU?  Will I have to install the mods in BP (i.e. ascension) separately?

View Post

That's a difficult question that I cannot really answer. Of course the aim of all this weiduing is to get everything more stable and easier to install, but then it is all more or less work in progress and not many people have actually played this setup yet. While on the other hands, lots of people have successfully played the 'old' BP-BGT...
You really have to decide for yourself if you want the latest 'hi-tech' stuff or the proven 'low-tech' version :ph34r:

Side note...  I remember readings somewhere about some "party of 8" mod, any idea if that's also compatible and where it may be found?

I really appreciate the help and advice of each of you.  Thanks!  :)

View Post

That's part of CtB ;)

Hope this helps,

Yacomo

#10 Yacomo

Yacomo

• 485 posts

Posted 30 June 2005 - 06:05 AM

btw, that was me just now.  Looks like "fast reply" doesn't give your name if you're not registered :)

View Post

Hey, registering doesn't hurt! Really, I've tried it :D

... (edit) if it weren't for theses voices in my head that urge me to post useless nonsense here now and then :blink: ...

Edited by Yacomo, 30 June 2005 - 06:19 AM.

#11 seanas

seanas
  • Modder
  • 1906 posts

Posted 30 June 2005 - 06:19 AM

So which setup is more "stable" thus far and with less known bugs?  BP-BGT-NeJ or BP-BGT-NeJ-WeiDU?  Will I have to install the mods in BP (i.e. ascension) separately?

Side note...  I remember readings somewhere about some "party of 8" mod, any idea if that's also compatible and where it may be found?

i'd go with the non-weidu for now, just because it's been released for quite some time in a final form. this *does* mean no NEJ2, but if you try NEJ2 with BP-etc-Weidu, be aware that you'll be trail-breaking for the rest of us. everything *may well* go smoothly, but then again...

as for the party of eight - it's called Check the Bodies, there's a forum on this site and it's downloadable from iegmc as with all other mods. it requires a bit of tweaking to make it work happily with BP-BGT-NEJ, but there're explanations in the CtB forums as to what needs to happen. there *is* a known issue with BP-BGT-NEJ-CtB-Weidu casuing a CTD in the docks area, so if yr going to install CtB, i'd be encouraging you to use the non-Weidu version for a while yet.

"A simple test of the relative merits of science and religion is to compare lighting your house at night by prayer or electricity" - A. C. Grayling
"EFF files have saves, too." - CamDawg
|| this is radio seanas || BP Series v3 || seanas at work ||

#12 billy3

billy3
  • 138 posts

Posted 30 June 2005 - 06:20 AM

woohooo! I'm registered! :D

So any idea if the classic or WeiDU install is more "stable"?

:)

#13 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 30 June 2005 - 06:23 AM

woohooo!  I'm registered!  :D

Bluntly, no. But I can tell you BGT-WeiDU is more stable than Bardez's super-huge BGT install. That is all I know since I made and tested BGT-WeiDU.

--------------
Retired Modder
Note: I do not respond to profile comments/personal messages in regards to troubleshooting my modifications. Please post on the public forums instead.

Baldur's Gate Trilogy-WeiDU and Mods
Throne of Bhaal Extender (TobEx)

Contributions: (NWN2) A Deathstalker (voice acting) - (IWD2) IWD2 NPC Project (soundset editing) - (Misc) SHS PC Soundsets (voice acting)
Legacy: (BG/Tutu/BGT) Beregost Crash Fixer 1.9 (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Enable conversations with charmed/dominated creatures (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Experience Corrections (18 Jul 10) - (Misc) Platform Conversion Utility RC2 (13 Feb 10)

#14 billy3

billy3
  • 138 posts

Posted 30 June 2005 - 06:24 AM

Looks like I got my answer as I was typing :) Thanks!

Doesn't CtB max out the music? Is there a work around for that (i.e. dropping some of the music from whatever music list there is)?

#15 Yacomo

Yacomo

• 485 posts

Posted 30 June 2005 - 06:24 AM

woohooo!  I'm registered!  :D

View Post

Welcome!

Here, have a pint! * shoves a pint over to billy3 *

As for 'more stable' - I'd follow Seanas advice, he's 'old and wise' - at least when it comes down to this kind of stuff :D

#16 Yacomo

Yacomo

• 485 posts

Posted 30 June 2005 - 06:25 AM

Looks like I got my answer as I was typing :)  Thanks!

Doesn't CtB max out the music?  Is there a work around for that (i.e. dropping some of the music from whatever music list there is)?

View Post

Hehe, that's easy, the music is a separate component of the CtB install, so just don't install it ;)

#17 billy3

billy3
  • 138 posts

Posted 30 June 2005 - 11:36 AM

Thanks!

If I went the WeiDU route, would I have to install Ascension and the other smaller mods separately since BP170 WeiDU isn't available yet?

As well, there's a workaround for the CtB problem with BP-BGT-WeiDU right?

#18 Suluku

Suluku
  • 69 posts

Posted 30 June 2005 - 01:31 PM

The Docks area also crashes with a non-Weidu BP-BGT-NEJ-CTB build since CTB corrupts the area file. Anyway, the workaround, posted on the forums some time ago, is to remove the file AR0300.ARE from your override folder and use CLUAConsole to create the CTB character "CBSEACAPT" when you approach the Harper stronghold. I did so this very evening and had no problems.

One more thing. Weidu BP-BGT is the future, but I'm not sure if the current set of Weidu BP-BGT components (TDD, TS, and SOS but with BPv170 still work in progress) includes Horred's excellent enemy AI and other tweaks (inlcuding the encounter weith 'Horred' himself). If not, it might be worth sticking with the non-Weidu version for now.