Jaheira and studded leather

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 feriblan

feriblan
  • 6 posts

Posted 30 June 2005 - 12:28 PM

Hallo,
I'm not sure if this is a bug. Jaheira is a multiclassed fighter/justifier. She isn't able to wear studded leather, but she can wear leather armor, splint mail and other metal armor. The ability to wear metal armor comes from her fighter class. But the description of the justifier doesn't seem to have the rstriction studded leather. I tested a single-class justifier, and he also can't wear studded leather.
Is this a bug or a feature :D
An if a bug, can I change this manually via NI?

#2 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 30 June 2005 - 04:31 PM

Hallo,
I'm not sure if this is a bug. Jaheira is a multiclassed fighter/justifier. She isn't able to wear studded leather, but she can wear leather armor, splint mail and other metal armor. The ability to wear metal armor comes from her fighter class. But the description of the justifier doesn't seem to have the rstriction studded leather. I tested a single-class justifier, and he also can't wear studded leather.
Is this a bug or a feature  :D
An if a bug, can I change this manually via NI?

View Post

what version are you using of BGT?

--------------
Retired Modder
Note: I do not respond to profile comments/personal messages in regards to troubleshooting my modifications. Please post on the public forums instead.

Baldur's Gate Trilogy-WeiDU and Mods
Throne of Bhaal Extender (TobEx)

Contributions: (NWN2) A Deathstalker (voice acting) - (IWD2) IWD2 NPC Project (soundset editing) - (Misc) SHS PC Soundsets (voice acting)
Legacy: (BG/Tutu/BGT) Beregost Crash Fixer 1.9 (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Enable conversations with charmed/dominated creatures (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Experience Corrections (18 Jul 10) - (Misc) Platform Conversion Utility RC2 (13 Feb 10)

#3 feriblan

feriblan
  • 6 posts

Posted 01 July 2005 - 12:13 PM

I'm using BGT_mk3_112 with the patch 114 together with a BP install (BPv161G-Full + BP_s_and_h_patchv6) and some other mods (CtB, TS, NeJ1, Bonehill, TDD, SoS, DSotSC, NTotSC and some smaller mods). I haven't used the BGT-Weidu version.

#4 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 02 July 2005 - 06:16 AM

I'm using BGT_mk3_112 with the patch 114 together with a BP install (BPv161G-Full + BP_s_and_h_patchv6) and some other mods (CtB, TS, NeJ1, Bonehill, TDD, SoS, DSotSC, NTotSC and some smaller mods). I haven't used the BGT-Weidu version.

View Post

I believe this is a weird bug. You might be able to fix this in NI, so you would either have to change the class restrictions of studded leather armor, or change Jaheira's kit in some way.

--------------
Retired Modder
Note: I do not respond to profile comments/personal messages in regards to troubleshooting my modifications. Please post on the public forums instead.

Baldur's Gate Trilogy-WeiDU and Mods
Throne of Bhaal Extender (TobEx)

Contributions: (NWN2) A Deathstalker (voice acting) - (IWD2) IWD2 NPC Project (soundset editing) - (Misc) SHS PC Soundsets (voice acting)
Legacy: (BG/Tutu/BGT) Beregost Crash Fixer 1.9 (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Enable conversations with charmed/dominated creatures (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Experience Corrections (18 Jul 10) - (Misc) Platform Conversion Utility RC2 (13 Feb 10)

#5 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 02 July 2005 - 06:24 AM

Kit usability restrictions are based on the primary class. In her case, it would be a combination of fighter (very few restrictions) and Justifier (whatever class that is). So if Justifier restricts studded leather, she can't wear it. The solution would be to:

A. edit the leather and allow everyone to wear it
B. fix the justifier usability restrictions
C. have her wear chain or plate

This is the same problem with Minsc not being able to use some items usable by rangers. His kit is very restrictive as well.

Tired of Bhaal? Try some classics mods instead:
Classic Adventures
Official Classic Adventures Website

#6 feriblan

feriblan
  • 6 posts

Posted 02 July 2005 - 03:09 PM

Thanks for the answers.
I figured that it was some problem with the Justifier-class (a druid kit from tdd by the way). MY question is, how do I change the usibility restrictions of a kit in NI?

#7 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 03 July 2005 - 05:41 AM

You best place is to look through the kit making tutorials. The answer is in the kitlist.2da file. The "unusable" colum is where the hex code for each class restriction is listed.

Tired of Bhaal? Try some classics mods instead:
Classic Adventures
Official Classic Adventures Website