Photo

CTD entering AR1300

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Suluku

Suluku
  • 69 posts

Posted 03 July 2005 - 11:13 AM

I am playing BP-BGT-NEJ (non-Weidu) with CTB, various BG1 mods (DSotSC, NtotSC, BG1NPCv1 for BP-BGT and TGC), BP-approved components of EOU and BP s and h patch v6.

Like someone else who mentioned this problem in an earlier thread, I had a CTD when trying to enter AR1300 (D'Arnise Keep). The CTD also hapens using CLUA. I did some investigating and it seems that BP s and h patches from v2 onwards seek to correct an error which prevents the secret entrance into the keep from working. I removed the file AR1300.ARE from my override to see what would happen and lo and behold the area loaded correctly. Everything seems as it should be except, of course, for the fact that I now have to CLUA the party into the keep as the secret door does not work.

I don't have the programming skills to pinpoint exactly what is causing the problem in s and h patch v6, I'm afraid.

#2 GekkeR

GekkeR
  • 39 posts

Posted 03 July 2005 - 02:03 PM

Don't forget v6 rates high on the buggy scale, try v7 to make sure.

And remember to post your weidu.log when asking for further troubleshooting help :)
Always makes things easier B)

#3 Suluku

Suluku
  • 69 posts

Posted 03 July 2005 - 02:21 PM

And remember to post your weidu.log when asking for further troubleshooting help :)

View Post

I'm not asking for help, merely confirming a problem reported earlier. As I have located the source of the problem, what is the point of posting my Weidu.log? If I want advice on how to post bug reports, I will ask for it :rolleyes:

#4 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 03 July 2005 - 05:07 PM

View Post

I'm not asking for help, merely confirming a problem reported earlier. As I have located the source of the problem, what is the point of posting my Weidu.log? If I want advice on how to post bug reports, I will ask for it :rolleyes:

Posting weidu.log basically tells us what WeiDU mods you have installed and in what order, so if the problem is due to some incompatibility issue, then we can work out what it is. Treat it as if it was like posting to Microsoft or Apple your system specs so they can troubleshoot (not that you ever need to do that anymore because its automatic these days).

--------------
Retired Modder
Note: I do not respond to profile comments/personal messages in regards to troubleshooting my modifications. Please post on the public forums instead.

Baldur's Gate Trilogy-WeiDU and Mods
Throne of Bhaal Extender (TobEx)

Contributions: (NWN2) A Deathstalker (voice acting) - (IWD2) IWD2 NPC Project (soundset editing) - (Misc) SHS PC Soundsets (voice acting)
Legacy: (BG/Tutu/BGT) Beregost Crash Fixer 1.9 (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Enable conversations with charmed/dominated creatures (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Experience Corrections (18 Jul 10) - (Misc) Platform Conversion Utility RC2 (13 Feb 10)

#5 Suluku

Suluku
  • 69 posts

Posted 04 July 2005 - 12:17 AM

Here you go....

// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods
// The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod
// ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // Component Name
~SETUP-BP-BGT-NEJ_PATCH313.TP2~ #0 #0 // BP-BGT-NEJ, Patch 313
~SETUP-NEJFIX.TP2~ #0 #0 // Never Ending Journey v1.4 Patch
~SETUP-BP_S_AND_H_PATCH.TP2~ #0 #0 // Install BP s_&_h Patch version 6
~SETUP-BP_S_AND_H_PATCH.TP2~ #0 #1 // BP Nerfs: Based upon Hlidskialf's Nerf scripts, this component reduces the difficulty of some of the more troublesome creatures.
~SETUP-BP_S_AND_H_PATCH.TP2~ #0 #2 // NEJ-specific fixes
~SETUP-BP_S_AND_H_PATCH.TP2~ #0 #3 // Sureblade Nerf: Downgrades Rolf's sword to something more manageable
~SETUP-CHECKTHEBODIES V150.TP2~ #0 #2 // Check The Bodies for Baldur's Gate II (SoA & ToB) v 150
~SETUP-CHECKTHEBODIES MODDED CANDLEKEEP V151.TP2~ #0 #0 // Check The Bodies Modded Candlekeep
~SETUP-BG1NPCBGT.TP2~ #0 #0 // The BG1 NPC Project for BP-BGT(!) Banters
~SETUP-BG1NPCBGT.TP2~ #0 #1 // The BG1 NPC Project for BG1 Tutu or BGT: Quests.
~SETUP-BG1NPCBGT.TP2~ #0 #6 // Give Imoen her BG2 portrait.
~SETUP-BG1NPCBGT.TP2~ #0 #9 // Give Viconia her BG2 portrait.
~SETUP-BG1NPCBGT.TP2~ #0 #13 // Non-joinable character portraits
~SETUP-BG1NPCBGT.TP2~ #0 #14 // Coran's Romance
~SETUP-DSOTSC.TP2~ #0 #0 // DSotSC v1.5 Mod (Condensed version)
~SETUP-DSOTSC.TP2~ #0 #1 // Now for the decompression of area .tis files.
~SETUP-NTOTSC.TP2~ #0 #0 // NTotSC for BGT-BP v1.0 Mod
~SETUP-NTOTSC.TP2~ #0 #1 // Now for the decompression of area .tis files.
~SETUP-BONEHILL.TP2~ #0 #0 // Bone Hill Mod v1.8 (Requires BGT-BP)
~SETUP-BONEHILL.TP2~ #0 #1 // Now for the decompression of area .tis files.
~SETUP-BONEHILLV19.TP2~ #0 #0 // Bone Hill Mod Patch v1.9 (Requires BGT-BP)
~SETUP-YACOMOPATCH.TP2~ #0 #0 // Fix CtB XPCap problem (by patching bgmain.exe)
~SETUP-EASE.TP2~ #0 #0 // Infinite Weapon, Potion and Ring/Amulet Stacking
~SETUP-EASE.TP2~ #0 #1 // Infinite Weapon, Potion Stacking (ToB)
~SETUP-EASE.TP2~ #0 #4 // Shut Up "You Must Gather Your Party Before Venturing Forth"
~SETUP-EASE.TP2~ #0 #6 // Wear Magical Armor AND Magic Rings (etc.)
~SETUP-EASE.TP2~ #0 #12 // Turn Off The Hideous Cloak-of-Mirroring and Spell-Trap Animation
~SETUP-EASE.TP2~ #0 #18 // Imoen ToB Dialogue Fix
~G3TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #94 // Use Valen/Solaufein Style Interjections
~G3TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #106 // Universal Clubs
~SETUP-SBT.TP2~ #0 #0 // Shorter-Better Transition for BP-BGT-NeJ Release 14
~SETUP-TGC1.TP2~ #0 #0 // The Grey Clan Episode I: The Last Breath of the Past v1.75
~SETUP BP-BGT WORLDMAP.TP2~ #0 #0 // Revised worldmap for the Baldur's Gate - Big Picture compatibility mod including coloured Baldur's Gate map icons
~SETUP BP-BGT WORLDMAP.TP2~ #0 #1 // Setup default worldmap location visibility (recommended)
~SETUP BP-BGT WORLDMAP.TP2~ #0 #2 // Use new worldmap for Throne of Bhaal as well
~SETUP-BONEHILLV192.TP2~ #0 #0 // Install Bone Hill Mod v1.93 patch (Requires BoneHill 1.8 for BGT-BP)

#6 seanas

seanas
  • Modder
  • 1906 posts

Posted 04 July 2005 - 12:44 AM

that's an old, old BGT bug which keeps reappearing, in spite of the fact it's patched (identically) in both the BP-BGT-NEJ 3.13 patch *and* the s_and_h patch. could you do me a favour and drop this version of AR1300.ARE into yr override folder, and see what happens? if that fails, you could drop the AR1300.ARE from yr copy of BP-BGT-NEJ 3.13 into yr override folder and see what happens.

and then, if it crashes in both cases, could you email me yr AR1300.ARE, AR1300.BCS and AR1300.WED? if it doesn't crash - and i suspect it won't, if only cos i have more faith in horred's fixes than my own, and this is one of horred's fixes - then something else is modifying or replacing AR1300.ARE on you (or yr just unlucky).

Attached Files

"A simple test of the relative merits of science and religion is to compare lighting your house at night by prayer or electricity" - A. C. Grayling
"EFF files have saves, too." - CamDawg
|| this is radio seanas || BP Series v3 || seanas at work ||

#7 Suluku

Suluku
  • 69 posts

Posted 04 July 2005 - 01:22 AM

Thanks, will do. Will get back on this in the evening

#8 Suluku

Suluku
  • 69 posts

Posted 04 July 2005 - 12:14 PM

Seanas,

The version of the AR1300.ARE file you attached for download works perfectly, including the secret door.

Many thanks :)

#9 seanas

seanas
  • Modder
  • 1906 posts

Posted 05 July 2005 - 12:58 AM

interesting: that't the version straight out of version 6 of the s_and_h patch - so something you installed *after* the patch has altered AR1300.are, or the patched failed in installation, or yr just unlucky. if the patch failed, i'd expect you to have crashes in the high hedge area and on werewolf island, amongst other problems, so i'm guessing it's either another mod or bad luck.

nice to know, tho, that we dont have to fix this bug *again* :) .

"A simple test of the relative merits of science and religion is to compare lighting your house at night by prayer or electricity" - A. C. Grayling
"EFF files have saves, too." - CamDawg
|| this is radio seanas || BP Series v3 || seanas at work ||

#10 Suluku

Suluku
  • 69 posts

Posted 05 July 2005 - 03:07 AM

For what its worth, the the version of AR1300.ARE that caused the problem is 19,268 bytes in size, while the new one I've just downloaded is 18,768 bytes. Maybe that's just a Windows quirk.