Photo

some question regarding BP-BGT-NEJ

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 ydwang83

ydwang83
  • 5 posts

Posted 22 July 2005 - 06:59 PM

the BP-BGT-NEJ guide was written really well so I was able to follow 99% of the stuff correctly there is just a couple of things I wasn't sure of.

Here in shadowtech's guide,

6. When it asks you for your BGII "BGMain.exe" file browse to your Black Isle\BGII-SoA Directory and select BGMain.exe. It will then ask you to adjust your starting Experiance points, I typed in 100, then update, it will ask you if you want to make a backup of your BGMain.exe, I chose yes (cant hurt)

I did not receive this msg. Later on when the whole installation is complete I ran the xp program manually and tried to follow the instructions but it gave me error msg, something like 89000 cannot be found (Don't remember exactly what it said).

I've already downloaded the COMDLG32.OCX file and have it registered.

Here in hlidskialf's post it says

9. When TSv50 (Tortured Souls) installation begins, choose the directory ?PATH\TS-Install? where PATH is your main game path
(C:\Program Files\Black Isle\BG II ? SoA is default). Do the same for the TSv503 installation.
Any directions for copying and pasting or running BAT files should be IGNORED. I?m having the BP File Handler do all that work for you. Everything should work fine as long as you?ve set up the files and directories as above.

I don't understand what copying and pasting or running BAT files should be IGNORED means. Can someone explain more clearly?

When I install TSv503 patch I am asked if I want to overwrite some files, should I do YES TO ALL? I am ask this several times. Everytime I should do YES TO ALL right?

Also I am supposed to add Force Dialog Pause=1 in the baldur.ini file. Which one do I add this line to? The Baldur's Gate one or the one from Shadows of Amn? I assumed it was the Shadows of Amn one, am I correct?

Also I read so many things on the forums saying something about the world map having problems, the solution was to download

""""Revised World Map for The Big Picture + Baldurs Gate Trilogy v3.0b *New*""""

correct? When do I install this world map? Do I do it after having run the Setup-BP-BGT-NEJ_PATCH313.exe (weidu)? Or after?

Also there is a Big Picture s and h patch Version 7 out there. Should I install this or not? If I am supposed to install it which step do I do it? After the map? Or before? And is it before or after the Setup-BP-BGT-NEJ_PATCH313.exe (weidu)?

None of this is mentioned in the installation guide so I just wanted to make sure since I am gona be installing it for the third time and I REALLY want it to come out right this time....

Also I noticed that shadowkeeper does not work on BP-BGT-NEJ. Is there some way to make it work? I mainly use the editor to do some cosmetic changes to my characters, I really need it to work...

Finally, when I get every part of this monster installed correctly which mods are safe to install. I mean NPC mods such as valen, and random stuff like flirt packs, imoen romance etc. Will those be ok if I install them, or will it totally screw BP-BGT-NEJ up?

Edited by ydwang83, 22 July 2005 - 07:01 PM.

#2 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 22 July 2005 - 08:22 PM

6. When it asks you for your BGII "BGMain.exe" file browse to your Black Isle\BGII-SoA Directory and select BGMain.exe. It will then ask you to adjust your starting Experiance points, I typed in 100, then update, it will ask you if you want to make a backup of your BGMain.exe, I chose yes (cant hurt)

I did not receive this msg. Later on when the whole installation is complete I ran the xp program manually and tried to follow the instructions but it gave me error msg, something like 89000 cannot be found (Don't remember exactly what it said).

I've already downloaded the COMDLG32.OCX file and have it registered.

Where did you get COMDLG32.OCX from? It might not be the correct version unless you got it directly from the VB6Pkg, wherever it is these days.

9. When TSv50 (Tortured Souls) installation begins, choose the directory ?PATH\TS-Install? where PATH is your main game path
(C:\Program Files\Black Isle\BG II ? SoA is default). Do the same for the TSv503 installation.
Any directions for copying and pasting or running BAT files should be IGNORED. I?m having the BP File Handler do all that work for you. Everything should work fine as long as you?ve set up the files and directories as above.

I don't understand what copying and pasting or running BAT files should be IGNORED means. Can someone explain more clearly?

If the installation instructions (like hlidskialf's guide or something like that) ask you to copy files with extension .BAT, just ignore it. It just means these processes are hard-coded into the BP File Handler so you do not need to do it yourself.

When I install TSv503 patch I am asked if I want to overwrite some files, should I do YES TO ALL? I am ask this several times. Everytime I should do YES TO ALL right?

Yes, Overwrite All all the time.

Also I am supposed to add Force Dialog Pause=1 in the baldur.ini file. Which one do I add this line to? The Baldur's Gate one or the one from Shadows of Amn? I assumed it was the Shadows of Amn one, am I correct?

Add the line just below the [Game Options] line of your baldur.ini in Shadows of Amn. The installation installs everything in your BG2 directory, and BG1 is left alone, so for later, you will always run BG2 to play the stuff you installed.

Also I read so many things on the forums saying something about the world map having problems, the solution was to download

""""Revised World Map for The Big Picture + Baldurs Gate Trilogy v3.0b *New*""""

correct? When do I install this world map? Do I do it after having run the Setup-BP-BGT-NEJ_PATCH313.exe (weidu)? Or after?

The Revised World Map comes after absolutely EVERYTHING you install. So the very last thing you install is this.

Also there is a Big Picture s and h patch Version 7 out there. Should I install this or not? If I am supposed to install it which step do I do it? After the map? Or before? And is it before or after the Setup-BP-BGT-NEJ_PATCH313.exe (weidu)?

Before the map, after PATCH 313.

Also I noticed that shadowkeeper does not work on BP-BGT-NEJ. Is there some way to make it work? I mainly use the editor to do some cosmetic changes to  my characters, I really need it to work...

No, unfortunately. NearInfinity is the next best utility to edit save games, although a little bit more complicated. DLTCEP is presently for everything else, but don't touch that unless you know some things about 'modding'.

Finally, when I get every part of this monster installed correctly which mods are safe to install. I mean NPC mods such as valen, and random stuff like flirt packs, imoen romance etc. Will those be ok if I install them, or will it totally screw BP-BGT-NEJ up?

I point you to seanas' compatibility guide.
http://uk.geocities..../bpmodlist.html

Have phun. :cheers:

--------------
Retired Modder
Note: I do not respond to profile comments/personal messages in regards to troubleshooting my modifications. Please post on the public forums instead.

Baldur's Gate Trilogy-WeiDU and Mods
Throne of Bhaal Extender (TobEx)

Contributions: (NWN2) A Deathstalker (voice acting) - (IWD2) IWD2 NPC Project (soundset editing) - (Misc) SHS PC Soundsets (voice acting)
Legacy: (BG/Tutu/BGT) Beregost Crash Fixer 1.9 (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Enable conversations with charmed/dominated creatures (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Experience Corrections (18 Jul 10) - (Misc) Platform Conversion Utility RC2 (13 Feb 10)

#3 ydwang83

ydwang83
  • 5 posts

Posted 22 July 2005 - 08:57 PM

Thanks a lot!  :)  I'm gona retry the install again tomorrow morning.

#4 ydwang83

ydwang83
  • 5 posts

Posted 23 July 2005 - 03:18 PM

I have now installed BP-BGT-NEJ for the third time and it seems to work (I started the game in Candlekeep and all). There are a couple of things I noticed during installation and I also got a couple of questions about other mods.

1)I noticed when the autoinstaller was running setup_BP_BGT.exe and the dos windows popped up there was a couple of lines that read something like this:

WARNING: Internal label [number here] not found in DLG: [a name, MINSC for example].
What does this mean? Did something screw up?

2)during Setup_NEJ.exe there was this line:

NED/DFiles/XANP.D] PARSE WARNING......... something else that I didnt see cuz the installer kept on running.

3)When the autoinstaller was running C:\WINDOWS\System32\cmd.exe there were some lines with the following:

Couldn't fine override AR0011....something

after a while there was also the line

Couldn't open TisMixer\AR0011.tiz

As I mentioned before the game still ran when I tried it, I was just wondering what these things ment. Cuz obviously I haven't played the whole BP-BGT-NEJ yet so there may be screwup that I haven't gotten to yet. I just wanna make sure everything is as well as it can be before starting.

The XPpatcher still does not work. I did what Ascension64 suggested. I downloaded correct file (VB6pkg.zip) from http://dragonshoard....et/download.php
and registered it. Still it gives me the error

"""""""Error: Value 89000 not found.""""""""

then this

"""""""Run-time error '13'

Type mismatch""""""""""

I tried this method which works but can someone tell me why the first method doesnt work?

from PolarBear]
1) Get a hexadecimal editing program like UltraEdit.

2) Make a backup copy of your Bgmain.exe (can't hurt)

3) Open Bgmain.exe with your freshly downloaded editor
and perform a search for this "number": A8 5B 01
and replace it with this one : 64 00 00

oh another thing, during character creation I noticed something very odd.
I chose a half-elf and multi classe to fighter/mage/thief

When I was asked to chose the abilities I am somehow allowed to put 3 stars into Two handed weapon, sword and shield and single weapon style. How is that possible? The only one that you can put 3 stars is supposed to be two weapon wielding no?

Also I can only put 3 stars on any of the weapon proficiecies. Aren't I allowed to put 5 since I am partly a fighter?

Last these are the mods that I want to install:

1)BanterPacksV6
2)NPCFlirtV101
3)Weimer-Ease-v32
4)Weimer-ItemUpgrade-v32
5)Weimer-SolaufeinMod-v102
6)Weimer-Valen-v45
7)yasraenav7

I already checked this site given to me by Ascension64 (http://uk.geocities..../bpmodlist.html). All those mods are compatible except yasraenav7, which was not mentioned. I am just gona assume it is compatible cuz its just another NPC mod.

I have completed every step on the BP-BGT-NEJ installation guide. I have not yet installed

1)BP_s_and_h_Patchv7
2)BP-BGT Worldmap v3b
3)mods mentioned above
Should I install the mods after BP_s_and_h_Patchv7 but before BP-BGT Worldmap v3b or is it the mods are the last to be installed?

#5 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 25 July 2005 - 04:30 AM

1)I noticed when the autoinstaller was running setup_BP_BGT.exe and the dos windows popped up there was a couple of lines that read something like this:

WARNING: Internal label [number here] not found in DLG: [a name, MINSC for example].
What does this mean? Did something screw up?

No.

2)during Setup_NEJ.exe there was this line:

NED/DFiles/XANP.D] PARSE WARNING......... something else that I didnt see cuz the installer kept on running.

Is fine as well

3)When the autoinstaller was running C:\WINDOWS\System32\cmd.exe there were some lines with the following:

Couldn't fine override AR0011....something

after a while there was also the line

Couldn't open TisMixer\AR0011.tiz

As I mentioned before the game still ran when I tried it, I was just wondering what these things ment. Cuz obviously I haven't played the whole BP-BGT-NEJ yet so there may be screwup that I haven't gotten to yet. I just wanna make sure everything is as well as it can be before starting.

I think this one is OK as well.

The XPpatcher still does not work. I did what Ascension64 suggested. I downloaded correct file (VB6pkg.zip) from http://dragonshoard....et/download.php
and registered it. Still it gives me the error

"""""""Error: Value 89000 not found.""""""""

then this

"""""""Run-time error '13'

Type mismatch""""""""""

I tried this method which works but can someone tell me why the first method doesnt work?

from PolarBear]
1) Get a hexadecimal editing program like UltraEdit.

2) Make a backup copy of your Bgmain.exe (can't hurt)

3) Open Bgmain.exe with your freshly downloaded editor
and perform a search for this "number": A8 5B 01
and replace it with this one : 64 00 00

Very odd that such a thing should happen. Maybe someone with VB knowledge can decipher this one.

oh another thing, during character creation I noticed something very odd.
I chose a half-elf and multi classe to fighter/mage/thief

When I was asked to chose the abilities I am somehow allowed to put 3 stars into Two handed weapon, sword and shield and single weapon style. How is that possible? The only one that you can put 3 stars is supposed to be two weapon wielding no?

Also I can only put 3 stars on any of the weapon proficiecies. Aren't I allowed to put 5 since I am partly a fighter?

There are some balancing issues in the classic BP-BGT-NeJ that are being worked on in the new WeiDU versions under development. Note that there is little official support for the classic BP-BGT-NeJ anymore, although myself (and others out there) try to help as best we can without your specific installation (possibly with the exception of seanas).

Last these are the mods that I want to install:

1)BanterPacksV6
2)NPCFlirtV101
3)Weimer-Ease-v32
4)Weimer-ItemUpgrade-v32
5)Weimer-SolaufeinMod-v102
6)Weimer-Valen-v45
7)yasraenav7

I already checked this site given to me by Ascension64 (http://uk.geocities..../bpmodlist.html). All those mods are compatible except yasraenav7, which was not mentioned. I am just gona assume it is compatible cuz its just another NPC mod.

Good luck with Yasraena. Generally, not on the list means 'USE AT YOUR OWN RISK', although every mod is use at your own risk anyway. Really, it means untested if the mod is not listed.

I have completed every step on the BP-BGT-NEJ installation guide. I have not yet installed

1)BP_s_and_h_Patchv7
2)BP-BGT Worldmap v3b
3)mods mentioned above
Should I install the mods after BP_s_and_h_Patchv7 but before BP-BGT Worldmap v3b or is it the mods are the last to be installed?

Switch 3) and 2) and sounds good. A few words: be careful with what Ease-Of-Use components you install, not all are compatible, Solaufein is actually incompatible due to some IDS conflicts, Valen may also be incompatible as well. Anyone else who knows more feel free to help ydwang out.

Again good luck. You'll need it. :coolthumb: ...and a cookie too... :cookie:

:cheers:

--------------
Retired Modder
Note: I do not respond to profile comments/personal messages in regards to troubleshooting my modifications. Please post on the public forums instead.

Baldur's Gate Trilogy-WeiDU and Mods
Throne of Bhaal Extender (TobEx)

Contributions: (NWN2) A Deathstalker (voice acting) - (IWD2) IWD2 NPC Project (soundset editing) - (Misc) SHS PC Soundsets (voice acting)
Legacy: (BG/Tutu/BGT) Beregost Crash Fixer 1.9 (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Enable conversations with charmed/dominated creatures (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Experience Corrections (18 Jul 10) - (Misc) Platform Conversion Utility RC2 (13 Feb 10)