Knights of the Old Republic 3: ????????

• Please log in to reply
136 replies to this topic

#101 Grunker

Grunker

Prince Charming

• 1240 posts

Posted 22 February 2006 - 03:33 AM

Hey guys, well i'll be gone for a while so i won't be on the board for a long time......still crossing my fingers that they'll get started on KOTOR 3 sooner than later, i'll be in touch......Anonymous

Okay, see you when you're back Ani :)
"I've heard people complain that the game [the new Prince of Persia] is too easy, which seems odd to me, since I died more times than The Nameless One in a smoothie-maker."

- Yahtzee

#102 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 22 February 2006 - 11:23 AM

You're always welcome back. :)

#103 Anonymous2

Anonymous2
  • 460 posts

Posted 21 April 2006 - 01:07 AM

Well after being away for nearly two months i've returned, back and ready for more, this time i registered and it actually worked, Anonymous is my name despite the 2 on the end of it, somebody else has the original, so its great to be back and after being away for a while i'm hopeing the writers at Obsidian are on to something by now and off their duffs.....in anycase i'm back and ready to start up the talking again about Knights of the Old Republic III: ???.....cheers...
Disappointed in LucasArts and Bioware.

#104 Grunker

Grunker

Prince Charming

• 1240 posts

Posted 21 April 2006 - 04:27 AM

Welcome back, Any :)

No new stuff, yet.

NB. I'd PM SConrad about your old login if it doesn't work anymore. See if he can delete it, and change the name of the one you're using now.

Edited by Grunker, 21 April 2006 - 11:45 PM.

"I've heard people complain that the game [the new Prince of Persia] is too easy, which seems odd to me, since I died more times than The Nameless One in a smoothie-maker."

- Yahtzee

#105 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 21 April 2006 - 09:33 AM

Welcome back, and hopefully it won't be long before we get some official news from Obsidian. :)

#106 Anonymous2

Anonymous2
  • 460 posts

Posted 22 April 2006 - 12:48 AM

here's a few things that were brewing in my head on the plane about KOTOR 3 while i was traveling listening to Rammstein.....one, from looking at both covers of kotor 1 and 2 i believe that if the next kotor is indeed the final installment in this whole Revan timeline and since he is returning to either save or rule the galaxy depending on your allignment i think they should put him as the main focus on the cover, most likely wearing his unique sith mask blowing up his head like Nihilus or somewhat like Malak in the first, and of coarse add other key figures in smaller versions on the front like any bad guys from the possible sith empire beyond the rim, bastila, carth, atton, mandalore/canderous, etc...second, now i know i've been corrected on this before but i'm quite certain now after playing kotor 2 and watching for his name in key moments in the dialogue that Master Vander is indeed alive, so he could make an appearance in the third, obviously not on dark side but on light he could....you see vrook mentions zhar, dorak, and a few others but not vandar, maybe i'm missing something but i believe he's still alive, third, planets- you have to include Coruscant, i'm sorry but its been talked about in the past two games and if it is indeed the end you gotta throw the core world into the game, i don't think they'll throw that droid world that was cut in the second as it really has nothing to do with the possible storyline anymore in my opinion, and finally, "combat", look i understand its an rpg but some more free flowing combat like the combat in fable wouldn't hurt, and i'm hoping if you do meet a nasty sith bad guy than hopefully for obsidian he's original and bankable in the third kotor, for instance not a knockoff like Vader or a no show in the whole game like Nihilus, but to wrap everything up i believe that tis should be the final installment in this whole Revan timeline and all questions should be answered in this game, like Revan, the mysterious sith pulling strings from the shadows, the mandalorians, everything.....because when you wait as long as every kotor fan has, you better deliver.....lets just hope come holiday 2006 or spring 2007 they do, just a few things swimming around in my head about kotor i had to get out, thanks, cheers, Anonymous.....and feel free to post your possible predictions and what you think should happen with the storyline.....

#107 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 22 April 2006 - 06:40 AM

Well, I think it's the last game in the Revan-timeline as well, as the original Star Wars was a trilogy too. Although, I wouldn't cut off the option that they might make another trilogy of KotOR, maybe set in after a thousand years after Revan's reign.

The combat? I think it's fine as it is, and I certainly wouldn't compare it to Fable's, as I think Fable was plain bad. Sorry, but that's how I think about Fable.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to the game, and my prediction is that we'll see it somewhere mid-2007.

#108 Grunker

Grunker

Prince Charming

• 1240 posts

Posted 22 April 2006 - 07:34 AM

Well, I think it's the last game in the Revan-timeline as well, as the original Star Wars was a trilogy too. Although, I wouldn't cut off the option that they might make another trilogy of KotOR, maybe set in after a thousand years after Revan's reign.

Yep.

The combat? I think it's fine as it is, and I certainly wouldn't compare it to Fable's, as I think Fable was plain bad. Sorry, but that's how I think about Fable.

True.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to the game, and my prediction is that we'll see it somewhere mid-2007.

*Nods*

- Yahtzee

#109 Anonymous2

Anonymous2
  • 460 posts

Posted 22 April 2006 - 03:05 PM

Yep.

True.

*Nods*

oh yeah and i meant Malak not Vader is the knockoff, sorry got my thoughts crossed....and maybe not fable like combat but maybe something along those lines, in my view on that area- ITS GOTTA CHANGE....also feel free to talk about the possible storyline, that is if you have one....as for me well i'm resting in to watch the NHL playoffs, best time of year for our sport and us Canadians, see ya....

Edited by Anonymous2, 23 April 2006 - 03:13 PM.

#110 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 23 April 2006 - 04:42 AM

Okay, be seeing you, A.

#111 Anonymous2

Anonymous2
  • 460 posts

Posted 23 April 2006 - 11:17 PM

Never mind.....

Edited by Anonymous2, 29 April 2006 - 02:58 PM.

#112 Tempest

Tempest

Cue Ominous Music

• Modder
  • 6572 posts

Posted 03 May 2006 - 02:40 PM

I think I'll chime in with a reminder: there can't be a truly apocalyptic ending for KOTORIII like BG2 ToB had, because the KOTOR games are set BEFORE the movies, and so the Republic HAS to survive and flourish, so the movies can take place. I don't think Obsidian really wants a time-travel/alternate history mess on their hands, either. :rolleyes:

"The righteous need not cower before the drumbeat of human progress. Though the song of yesterday fades into the challenge of tomorrow, God still watches and judges us. Evil lurks in the datalinks as it lurked in the streets of yesterday, but it was never the streets that were evil." - Sister Miriam Godwinson, Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri

#113 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 04 May 2006 - 03:57 AM

I think I'll chime in with a reminder: there can't be a truly apocalyptic ending for KOTORIII like BG2 ToB had, because the KOTOR games are set BEFORE the movies, and so the Republic HAS to survive and flourish, so the movies can take place. I don't think Obsidian really wants a time-travel/alternate history mess on their hands, either. :rolleyes:

Well, it can be destroyed and rebuilt; there's really nothing stopping them from using some sort of 'end of the world' ending. Or that's how I see it.

#114 Grunker

Grunker

Prince Charming

• 1240 posts

Posted 04 May 2006 - 04:31 AM

^ *Nods*

- Yahtzee

#115 Kellen

Kellen

Earn a person's heart, and they'll die a thousand deaths

• 7092 posts

Posted 04 May 2006 - 05:00 AM

Technically this game is how long before the movies?

Palpatine: I will not let this republic, which has stood for a thousand years be split in two. My negotiations will not fail.

I was under the impression this game was almost 5000 years before the movies.
"She could resist temptation. Really she could. Sometimes. At least when it wasn't tempting." - Calli Slythistle
"She was a fire, and I had no doubt that she had already done her share of burning." - Lord Firael Algathrin
"Most assume that all the followers of Lathander are great morning people. They're very wrong." - Tanek of Cloakwood

we are all adults playing a fantasy together, - cmorgan

#116 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 04 May 2006 - 05:51 AM

Palpatine: I will not let this republic, which has stood for a thousand years be split in two. My negotiations will not fail.

About 4000 years before the movies... which exactly sums up my point.

#117 Anonymous2

Anonymous2
  • 460 posts

Posted 04 May 2006 - 03:32 PM

About 4000 years before the movies... which exactly sums up my point.

Very true i agree with Archmage Silver....and with the next set, that is if there will be a next set after KOTOR III i believe they will skip ahead to a different timeline, and i do think it would work, it would give the new writers a chance to create a whole new story....

#118 Tempest

Tempest

Cue Ominous Music

• Modder
  • 6572 posts

Posted 07 May 2006 - 12:37 PM

Fair point: 4000~ years is a long time. But what are the odds of a new interstellar government with the same name, with the same basic organization? Even in the expanded universe, the new republic is called, well, the New Republic. Now, I don't mean to imply that there won't be a massive battle in which the future of the galaxy isn't at stake-I'd be disappointed if there was not-but I doubt there will be a scenario in which the galaxy is destroyed. Even four thousand years is a bit long to rebuild the Core Worlds like Coruscant to their states during the golden era of the Republic. Then again, I'm not with Obsidian. Anything is possible. :D

"The righteous need not cower before the drumbeat of human progress. Though the song of yesterday fades into the challenge of tomorrow, God still watches and judges us. Evil lurks in the datalinks as it lurked in the streets of yesterday, but it was never the streets that were evil." - Sister Miriam Godwinson, Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri

#119 Grunker

Grunker

Prince Charming

• 1240 posts

Posted 07 May 2006 - 02:05 PM

Even four thousand years is a bit long to rebuild the Core Worlds like Coruscant to their states during the golden era of the Republic.

In four thousand years the Egypt empire blossomed and crumbled, the roman empire rose and was buried, Christ was born, Christianity spread along with the later to come Islam, the world went from the mediaval times with castles to the informative ages in the 1800s, the first and second world war buried nations that rose again, American governments exploited other countries and were exploited in return, we travelled to the moon, genetics were discovered and scientiests began researching eternal life.

ALOT can happen in four thousand years.

- Yahtzee

#120 Tempest

Tempest

Cue Ominous Music

• Modder
  • 6572 posts

Posted 07 May 2006 - 02:22 PM

True (history teacher speaking). My main point was earlier. I just think that regardless of what path you choose, dark or light, saving the Republic will be neccessary. For a Sith, it may merely be incidental to grabbing whatever power you can, but it may be the main point of the game for a light-sider.