Photo

BGT Newb question

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 kharan5876

kharan5876
  • 204 posts

Posted 05 October 2005 - 10:42 AM

Sorry if this stuff has been asked before, I couldn't find it.

Can you return to the BG1 areas after the transition to BG2?

Do you still lose all your gear after awaking in Irenicus's dongeon?

#2 Promilus

Promilus
  • 378 posts

Posted 05 October 2005 - 10:49 AM

U still lose all the gear..it is simple...If u would mod the BGT with NTotSC those items would be far too much powerfull as for beginning the BG2.
However *some* items can be found somewhere in dungeon (i.e. koveras ring-improved :D )
Also u can't return BG1 areas...u are in Amn and have some quest to do...so u can't travel so distant location.

#3 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 05 October 2005 - 02:11 PM

The travel distance isn't really the issue since you travel much further in SoA if you have CtB or TDD installed. The main issue is that there just isn't any point in going back to BG1. If you just killed a red dragon in SoA, do you really need to go back to the FireWine bridge to kill kobolds?

BGT does not have any way to go back to the BG1 areas. You would have to make your own mod for that.

After the transition to Jon's Dungeon, you can cheat to keep your items. Simply pause the game (normally while the screen is still back), press "I" for inventory and move everything to the ground. You will still loose your gold, but after Imoen opens your door, you can pick up everything you had just dropped.

Tired of Bhaal? Try some classics mods instead:
Classic Adventures
Official Classic Adventures Website

#4 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 05 October 2005 - 04:09 PM

The travel distance isn't really the issue since you travel much further in SoA if you have CtB or TDD installed.  The main issue is that there just isn't any point in going back to BG1.  If you just killed a red dragon in SoA, do you really need to go back to the FireWine bridge to kill kobolds?

BGT does not have any way to go back to the BG1 areas.  You would have to make your own mod for that.

After the transition to Jon's Dungeon, you can cheat to keep your items.  Simply pause the game (normally while the screen is still back), press "I" for inventory and move everything to the ground.  You will still loose your gold, but after Imoen opens your door, you can pick up everything you had just dropped.

In BGT-WeiDU the 'cheat' won't work anymore, unfortunately.

--------------
Retired Modder
Note: I do not respond to profile comments/personal messages in regards to troubleshooting my modifications. Please post on the public forums instead.

Baldur's Gate Trilogy-WeiDU and Mods
Throne of Bhaal Extender (TobEx)

Contributions: (NWN2) A Deathstalker (voice acting) - (IWD2) IWD2 NPC Project (soundset editing) - (Misc) SHS PC Soundsets (voice acting)
Legacy: (BG/Tutu/BGT) Beregost Crash Fixer 1.9 (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Enable conversations with charmed/dominated creatures (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Experience Corrections (18 Jul 10) - (Misc) Platform Conversion Utility RC2 (13 Feb 10)

#5 Promilus

Promilus
  • 378 posts

Posted 06 October 2005 - 07:49 AM

Yeah, I had an occasion to check it on my own skin T_T :P
U lose all ur items in the cutscene :) So that is why the cheat don't work anymore?

#6 Chevalier

Chevalier

Knight of the Realms

• Modder
  • 2405 posts

Posted 06 October 2005 - 11:02 PM

That Sucks!!! I thought it was a way to cheat if you want and know how to use it. I have and have not used it. Would Irenacus really have sold all your stuff that fast?

I Ride for the King!

a.k.a. Chev

#7 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 07 October 2005 - 12:25 AM

That Sucks!!! I thought it was a way to cheat if you want and know how to use it. I have and have not used it. Would Irenacus really have sold all your stuff that fast?

No, the Shadow Thieves would have mugged you first.

--------------
Retired Modder
Note: I do not respond to profile comments/personal messages in regards to troubleshooting my modifications. Please post on the public forums instead.

Contributions: (NWN2) A Deathstalker (voice acting) - (IWD2) IWD2 NPC Project (soundset editing) - (Misc) SHS PC Soundsets (voice acting)
Legacy: (BG/Tutu/BGT) Beregost Crash Fixer 1.9 (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Enable conversations with charmed/dominated creatures (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Experience Corrections (18 Jul 10) - (Misc) Platform Conversion Utility RC2 (13 Feb 10)

#8 Promilus

Promilus
  • 378 posts

Posted 07 October 2005 - 05:42 AM

Hehehehe :) As I said-watch the cutscene :)
Uhm...maybe another BGT-Tweak mini-mod? So the Mae'Var is responsible for stealing and selling most of our items...u can find some of them after killing that bastard :) And also there is some prisoner...why he can't give some hints where to look for that equipment? Maybe not all, but armors+weapons?

#9 Chevalier

Chevalier

Knight of the Realms

• Modder
  • 2405 posts

Posted 07 October 2005 - 11:42 PM

I like that idea Promilus! There is a lot of cool stuff from DSotSC and NTotSC ( some too powerful) that I want to have at some point in BG2. A treasure hunt!

I Ride for the King!

a.k.a. Chev

#10 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 08 October 2005 - 05:01 AM

We shall see...

--------------
Retired Modder

#11 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 08 October 2005 - 05:49 AM

Most of the DSotSC/NTotSC items are in SoA anyway. Only the new items (druid items and stuff from drow enemies) are really new (and overpowered in BG1). Perhaps the druid stuff was sold to Faldorn and her team in the swamps? Mae'Var has a wizard on his team that could have some of the other items. That would make the fight more interesting.

Tired of Bhaal? Try some classics mods instead:
Classic Adventures
Official Classic Adventures Website