5 replies to this topic

#1 SConrad

SConrad

I swear to drunk I'm not God

• Administrator
  • 11148 posts

Posted 27 October 2005 - 11:46 AM

Hi,

After 27 hours of problems and bugs, we have finally managed to solve all issues and have reopened the forums again. Spellhold Studios now runs on Invision Power Board 2.1.2, and there are a lot of new features for everyone to explore.

But as you can see, quite a few things apart from the software have been changed. First of all, a brand new skin has been created, which I hope you will enjoy. I personally find it quite a lot better than the old one - both in design and usability. Also, some of the forums have been renamed and as have all usergroups. I won't go into details - it should be easy enough to find your way around even with the new names, but if there is any questions, I and the rest of the staff are at your disposal.

A completely new forum has also been created; "Dili's Playground", a forum set up for all kinds of general gameplay discussion of all other games out there except those which have their own discussion space here. The Cowled Wizard in charge there is Jyzabyl, who we also welcome to the staff. :)

The existing Gameplay forums can now be found in the same category as the mods for that particular game.

Two RSS feeds have been added to the board; one covering almost all of the forums, and one covering the SHS news. You can find them at the bottom left (or right, depending on your browser) of the board, or click any of the following links: SHS RSS Feed or SHS News RSS Feed.

Thanks to the new software, we are now able to mirror the Infinite Engine Modding News over at The Gibberlings Three. The RSS feed is directly imported to a new forum just below "Directives from the Director", and you should be able to read news there just as on G3. We expect that this is one step further in the attempt to simplify the process of mod and news announcement over the different communities, and hope that other boards will follow this example.

Comments, questions or concerns can either be posted below in this thread or PM'ed to me.

Best regards,

Sebastian

Posted Image Khadion NPC mod - Team leader, head designer
Posted Image Hubelpot NPC mod - Team leader, coder
Posted Image NPC Damage - Coder
Posted Image PC Soundsets - Coder, voice actor
Posted Image Brythe NPC mod - Designer
Posted Image DragonLance TC - Glory of Istar - Designer
Posted Image The NPC Interaction Expansion Project - Writer for Cernd, Sarevok
Posted Image The Jerry Zinger Show - Producer

Iron Modder 5 - Winner

#2 Azazello

Azazello

The Anti-Spammer

• Staff
  • 1912 posts

Posted 28 October 2005 - 08:50 PM

Thanks for the RSS feeds!

Don't know what you did but the site is loading superfast on my pathetic dialup service. Yay!

"I gladly simp for jastey" -- Aza
==========================================================
"You ever notice that "What the hell?!" is the answer to just about everything?"
==========================================================

"Girls are like phones, they like to be held and talked too, but if you press the wrong button, you will be disconnected!" DJ Nikodemus
================================================================
Community Contributions
* Level 1 NPCs * gMinion: expanded TP2 for MegaInstalls * PSM (PSQM): expanded scripts for Melanthium * Shar Nadal (DSotSC-BGT) revision * non-detectable Cloak of Non-Detection ?? * Weimer's-Tactics: revised TP2 for MegaInstalls * a directory of Mega-Installation Guides *

#3 Eon Blue Apocalypse

Eon Blue Apocalypse
  • 78 posts

Posted 29 October 2005 - 03:56 AM

The site's loading faster is cool, but I really don't like the new skin. Too busy, too flashy. Functionalism is what we need. :)

#4 SConrad

SConrad

I swear to drunk I'm not God

• Administrator
  • 11148 posts

Posted 29 October 2005 - 04:53 AM

Thanks for the RSS feeds!

No problem. :)

Don't know what you did but the site is loading superfast on my pathetic dialup service. Yay!

I'm not sure what did it either, but yes, it's cool nevertheless. ;)

The site's loading faster is cool, but I really don't like the new skin. Too busy, too flashy. Functionalism is what we need. :)

Personally, I find the skin less 'busy' than the old one - colours and such are more slimmed and organised now.

You might refer to the different drop-down menus here and there, but that's features of the forum software, and not really because of the skin. :)

Posted Image Khadion NPC mod - Team leader, head designer
Posted Image Hubelpot NPC mod - Team leader, coder
Posted Image NPC Damage - Coder
Posted Image PC Soundsets - Coder, voice actor
Posted Image Brythe NPC mod - Designer
Posted Image DragonLance TC - Glory of Istar - Designer
Posted Image The NPC Interaction Expansion Project - Writer for Cernd, Sarevok
Posted Image The Jerry Zinger Show - Producer

Iron Modder 5 - Winner

#5 jcompton

jcompton
  • Modder
  • 492 posts

Posted 29 October 2005 - 08:07 AM

Personally, I find the skin less 'busy' than the old one - colours and such are more slimmed and organised now.

The diagonal lines draw the eye away from actually reading the text.

#6 Idobek

Idobek

Pocket Plane Gibberling

• 429 posts

Posted 29 October 2005 - 09:26 AM

I have to agree with JC on the diagonal lines (I liked the "old" skin), but largely I like the changes.