#1 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 13 November 2005 - 10:39 PM

COMPATIBILITY LIST FOR BGT-WeiDU v0.99 ZETA
Last Updated: 26 February 2006

Installation tips
-if you want to play the mega-modification (TDD, SoS, TS) with BGT-WeiDU, install the mega-modification first, then BGT-WeiDU
-if you want to play the mega-modification with BGT-WeiDU and other modifications, install the mega-modification first, then BGT-WeiDU, and then install other modifications on top (the exception is Check the Bodies [CtB] and Never Ending Journey [NeJ], of which both should be installed before BGT-WeiDU)
-if you want to play BGT-WeiDU without the mega-modification but with other modifications, install BGT-WeiDU first before installing other modifications on top (note the exception above)

Notes on compatibility
-current compatibility between BGT-WeiDU and other modifications are listed below
-note that versions of modifications below those stated may be incompatible
-the compatibility list does not imply that the other modifications mentioned are compatible with each other, e.g. if BGT-WeiDU is compatible with modification A and modification B, then that does not mean that modification A is compatible with modification B. Make sure you understand the specific requirements of each modification by looking at their readmes before you go into hardcore mixing and matching.
-all modifications that add areas to the worldmap will NOT be compatible with BGT-WeiDU UNLESS Revised BP-BGT Worldmap is used
-modifications that affect only the Shadows of Amn and/or the Throne of Bhaal part of Baldur's Gate are best installed just before the transition to Shadows of Amn takes place, although not mandatory
-NEW! and Updated! indicate the latest compatibility update(s)
-tentative assignment means I have checked and it seems to be however compatible as I have listed it, but this assignment may not be correct

Tackling possible SONGLIST.2DA incompatibility
For a modification listed as partially compatible due to possible SONGLIST.2DA incompatibility, this means that if BGT-WeiDU is installed with the mentioned modification (whether not any other modifications are also installed), the game may not start. To fix this problem if it occurs:
- ensure that you have all the modifications that you want installed already installed
- make a backup of the file SONGLIST.2DA, which an be found in your <BGT-WeiDU installation directory>\override directory
- open the file SONGLIST.2DA in your <BGT-WeiDU installation drectory>\override directory using a simple word processor (Notepad or Wordpad, for example), then remove all text after the text 'BP4.MUS'. Make sure that there is no line feed character after the 'S' of 'BP4.MUS'.
- start the game and it should cause no problems
- if you want to change your installation in any way (such as installing new modifications or uninstalling already installed modifications), restore your backup of SONGLIST.2DA first, then after changing the installation, proceed to change SONGLIST.2DA as above

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
BGT-WeiDU is compatible with:
- Ascension 1.42.1 or above
- Baldur's Gate 2 Shadows of Amn Item Import Mod v2 or above
- Baldur's Goth II v1 or above
- Baldur's Goth for TuTu/BGT v1 or above
- Baldurdash Fixpack v1.12 for Baldur?s Gate II: Throne of Bhaal
- Baldurdash (WeiDU) v1.3 or above
- BPSeries v3 or above
- Check the Bodies v1.60 or above ? compatibility also requires Revised BP-BGT Worldmap v5 or above
- D0Tweak v16 or above
- Dark Side of the Sword Coast (BGT-WeiDU version) v1.7 or above
- Ding0 Experience Fixer (DEF JAM) v2 or above
- Ding0 Quest Pack 2.21 or above
- Dungeon-Be-Gone v1.4 or above
- eSeries v1.5 or above
- Freedom's Reign - Reign of Virtue v3 or above
- gMinion v1.7 or above
- Herbs and Potions Add-In for Baldur's Gate, BG1Tutu, and BGT v1.01 or above
- Hubelpot the Vegetable Merchant NPC v1.0 or above
- Indira NPC (BGT-WeiDU version) v7 or above
- Item Upgrade v32 or above
- Keto NPC v2 or above
- Kindrek NPC v2.4 or above
- MixMod v5 or above
- Mulgore and Xavia NPCs (BGT-WeiDU version) v1 or above
- Mur'Neth NPC v5 or above
- Never Ending Journey: Continuous and Custom Kit Imoen component
- Never Ending Journey Part 1 v2.1b or above
- Northern Tales of the Sword Coast (BGT-WeiDU version) v1.3 or above
- One Pixel Productions BG2 Artwork Fixpack
- Revised BP-BGT Worldmap v5 or above
- Rogue Rebalancing Pack v3.11 or above
- Saerileth NPC v9 or above
- Secret of Bonehill (BGT-WeiDU version) v1.95 or above
- Shadows Over Soubar (WeiDU) v1.03 or above ? compatibility also requires Revised BP-BGT Worldmap v5 or above
- Slime Quest v1.5 or above
- Solaufein v102 or above
- TOB Refinements v3.01 or above (tentative assignment)
- Tactics v23 or above
- Tashia NPC v2.05g or above
- The BG1 NPC Project (BGT-WeiDU version) v9 or above
- The BG1 NPC Project Music Pack v4 or above
- The Bigg Quest Pack v2.01 or above
- The Black Rose Part I: Market Prices v1 or above
- The Grey Clan Episode I: In Candlelight (BGT-WeiDU) v1.00 or above
- The Grey Clan Episode I: Last Breath of the Past v1.70 or above (note: this is discontinued)
- The Jerry Zinger Show v1 or above
- The Lure of the Sirine's Call (BGT version) v2 or above
- The MTS Trilogy of Crap Part 2 v1 or above
- The MTS Trilogy of Crap Part 3 v1 or above
- Tsujatha NPC v9 or above
- Turnabout v1 or above
- Updated! TuTuGUI v1.7 or above
- NEW! TuTu Tweaks v17 or above (tentative assignment)
- Underrepresented Items v5 or above
- Unfinished Business v14 or above
- Valen v45 or above
- Willie Bruce NPC v2 or above
- Yasraena NPC v7 or above
- Yikari NPC v1.1 or above

BGT-WeiDU is partially compatible with:
- Banter Pack v6 or below
  • inappropriate Shadows of Amn banters occur during Baldur's Gate and Tales of the Sword Coast
- Chloe NPC v1.2 or above
  • Possible SONGLIST.2DA incompatibility
- Divine Remix v3 or below
  • Viconia level 6 does not receive her custom kit
- Ease-of-Use v32 or above
  • DO NOT install Component #5 - Faster Chapter 1&2 Cut-Scenes and Dreams; destroys NEWGAME.BCS and AR0602.BCS
- Edwin Romance beta v1.0.7 or above
- Edwin Romance ToB Section v1.0.7 or above
- G3 Tweaks v15 or above (tentative assignment)
  • DO NOT install Component #0 - World Map Fixes; overwrites WORLDMAP.WMP
- Kelsey NPC v2.1 or above
- Kiara-Zaiya v1.4 or above
- Edwin Romance beta v1.0.7 or above
- Never Ending Journey Part 2 v2.1b or above
  • Ulcaster and Ulcaster Ruins area issues
  • Xan and Jaheira dialogue WEIGHT issues
  • Maybe more
- Redemption v1.2 or above
- The Darkest Day (WeiDU) v1.04 or above ? compatibility also requires Revised BP-BGT Worldmap v5 or above
  • overpowerful Harpers attack Xzar in BG1, some NPC transition problems
- The Longer Road v1.5.1 or above
- The MTS Trilogy of Crap Part 1 v1
  • DO NOT install Component #0 - Install Keep All BG1 Items On Imported Characters by Kevin Dormer; overwrites AR0602.BCS and BALDUR.BCS
  • DO NOT install Component #1 - Install Shorter Dream Sequences by G. Blucher; overwrites PLAYER1D.BCS
-Tortured Souls v6.0 or above
  • some NPC transition problems
BGT-WeiDU is not compatible with:
- Dudleyfix
- Shadows Over Soubar (non-WeiDU)
- The Darkest Day (non-WeiDU)
- All classic Baldur?s Gate and Tales of the Sword Coast versions of modifications
For German versions/Für Deutsch Versionen: Es ist ratsam den Textpatch [Final-Version A] von MK für Baldurs Gate I zu installieren. (http://www.mkracht.d...patch/p_bg1.php) Die Übersetzung von BGT-WeiDU basiert auf diesen Textpatch.
- All Tutu versions of modifications, unless specifically stated otherwise above
- All older versions of the modifications listed as compatible

It is not known whether BGT-WeiDU is compatible with:
- All modifications not listed

Edited by Ascension64, 11 March 2006 - 05:21 AM.

--------------
Retired Modder
Note: I do not respond to profile comments/personal messages in regards to troubleshooting my modifications. Please post on the public forums instead.

Baldur's Gate Trilogy-WeiDU and Mods
Throne of Bhaal Extender (TobEx)

Contributions: (NWN2) A Deathstalker (voice acting) - (IWD2) IWD2 NPC Project (soundset editing) - (Misc) SHS PC Soundsets (voice acting)
Legacy: (BG/Tutu/BGT) Beregost Crash Fixer 1.9 (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Enable conversations with charmed/dominated creatures (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Experience Corrections (18 Jul 10) - (Misc) Platform Conversion Utility RC2 (13 Feb 10)

#2 Agamemnon

Agamemnon
  • 21 posts

Posted 25 December 2005 - 06:59 AM

INSTALLATION ORDER FOR BGT-WeiDU ZETA

I've read the compatibility list here and elsewhere on the forum, as well as the readmes for specific mods but would appreciate it if someone could review and comment on my proposed installation order for a fresh BGT-WeiDU Zeta install. Thanks.

Baldurdash - WeiDU v1.5
Shadows over Soubar (WeiDU) v1.05
The Darkest Day (WeiDU) v1.05
CtB-TDD fix for TDD v1.05
Check the Bodies & CtB fix v1.6
Tortured Souls-Big Picture v6.04
Never Ending Journey (including continuous & custom kit Imoen component) v13i & v14 patch
BGT-WeiDU 0.99Z
GUI-switcher (uninstall)
BGT-WeiDU Tweak pack(s) v1
Dark Side of the Sword Coast (BGT-WeiDU) v1.8
Northern Tales of the Sword Coast (BGT-WeiDU) v1.4
Secret of Bonehill (BGT-WeiDU) v2.01
The Lure of the Sirene's Call (BGT version) v4.1
The Grey Clan - In Candlelight (BGT-WeiDU) v1.01
Slime Quest v1.5
BG1 NPC Project (BGT-WeiDU) v11
BG1 NPC Music v4
NPC Flirt Packs v1.01
DingO Experience Fixer (DEF JAM) v3
Unfinished Business (without kits or Valygar/ Suna Seni component) v14
Tactics v23
Ascension v1.4.21
Exnem's Addon v5
Freedom's Reign & Reign of Virtue (WeiDU) v3
Divine Remix v3
MixMod v5
ToB Refinements v3.01
Indira NPC (BGT version) v7
Yasraena v7
Saerileth v9
Chloe v1.2
One Pixel Productions BG2 Artwork Fixpack v2
Revised BP-BGT Worldmap v5
Fixes for TDD, SoS, and TS-BP

Edited by Agamemnon, 25 December 2005 - 11:56 AM.

#3 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 25 December 2005 - 02:55 PM

Unfinished Business (without kits or Valygar/ Suna Seni component) v14

I haven't installed this in a long time but this part used to be fine with BP. What makes it not work anymore?

Tired of Bhaal? Try some classics mods instead:
Classic Adventures
Official Classic Adventures Website

#4 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 25 December 2005 - 05:05 PM

I've read the compatibility list here and elsewhere on the forum, as well as the readmes for specific mods but would appreciate it if someone could review and comment on my proposed installation order for a fresh BGT-WeiDU Zeta install. Thanks.

The order looks fine to me, but that huge combination has certainly not been tested. If you are willing to 'bug-fix' your game as you find the bugs, then that is greatly encouraged. If you do find bugs, it will be hard to support you on this forum (or others) because of the extreme combination, but post them in places anyway and I (or others) will see what I (or they) can do. Good luck! :cheers:

On Unfinished Business (without kits or Valygar/ Suna Seni component) v14
I haven't installed this in a long time but this part used to be fine with BP. What makes it not work anymore?

I have no idea about this.

--------------
Retired Modder
Note: I do not respond to profile comments/personal messages in regards to troubleshooting my modifications. Please post on the public forums instead.

Contributions: (NWN2) A Deathstalker (voice acting) - (IWD2) IWD2 NPC Project (soundset editing) - (Misc) SHS PC Soundsets (voice acting)
Legacy: (BG/Tutu/BGT) Beregost Crash Fixer 1.9 (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Enable conversations with charmed/dominated creatures (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Experience Corrections (18 Jul 10) - (Misc) Platform Conversion Utility RC2 (13 Feb 10)

#5 Chevalier

Chevalier

Knight of the Realms

• Modder
  • 2405 posts

Posted 25 December 2005 - 09:11 PM

On Unfinished Business (without kits or Valygar/ Suna Seni component) v14

Valygar and TS should not work together.

I Ride for the King!

a.k.a. Chev

#6 Agamemnon

Agamemnon
  • 21 posts

Posted 26 December 2005 - 02:18 AM

I shall certainly give it a go although I have decided not to install the following:
1. Check the Bodies since my take from the CtB forum is that there are still some bugs
2. Exnem's Addon
3. ToB refinements

I would, however, like to install the Item Upgrade mod v32 which I think is a really cool mod but does anyone know if it has any compatibility issues with BGT-Weidu?

Thanks.

Edited by Agamemnon, 26 December 2005 - 05:12 AM.

#7 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 26 December 2005 - 12:10 PM

I would reconsider Refinements. The new HLAs are very well done. Its a must for my installs.

#8 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 26 December 2005 - 03:48 PM

I would, however, like to install the Item Upgrade mod v32 which I think is a really cool mod but does anyone know if it has any compatibility issues with BGT-Weidu?

Well, if it isn't on the list on the first post of this topic, it means no one has told me, and I haven't checked it, but since you ask...

I have checked ItemUpgrade v32 and it appears to have no conflicts whatsoever with BGT-WeiDU. :)

--------------
Retired Modder

#9 Agamemnon

Agamemnon
  • 21 posts

Posted 27 December 2005 - 03:20 AM

Thanks... that's great :D

Edited by Agamemnon, 27 December 2005 - 03:21 AM.

#10 Jefpet

Jefpet
  • 12 posts

Posted 08 January 2006 - 08:30 AM

Hello,

I recently found out about this great IE mod and would love to try and give it a go. But so far I have some questions about other (BG2) WeiDU mods and compatibility wich are _NOT_ listed above. Would you be so kind to check and post it or add to the list if they are compatible or not?

- BG2:ToB Refinements v3 (Mostly HLA stuff)
- BG2:ToB QuestPack v2
- Underrepresented items, ascension, tactics, ease-of-use e.d. from http://www.weidu.org/
- Freedom's Reign / Reign of Virtue from the Gibberlings3 Tweak Pack
- Rogue rebalancing mod with custom shop
- How do I add the Secret shops from the collectors edition? Yust copying the two files to the override folder?

Oh, also, what do you mean by "partially" compatible?
What happens when I do install Kelsey-ToB or Keto v2?

Thank you very much!

Edited by Jefpet, 08 January 2006 - 08:45 AM.

#11 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 08 January 2006 - 05:19 PM

- BG2:ToB Refinements v3 (Mostly HLA stuff)
- BG2:ToB QuestPack v2
- Underrepresented items, ascension, tactics, ease-of-use e.d. from http://www.weidu.org/
- Freedom's Reign / Reign of Virtue from the Gibberlings3 Tweak Pack
- Rogue rebalancing mod with custom shop

I'll check these out.

- How do I add the Secret shops from the collectors edition? Yust copying the two files to the override folder?

Yes, that is fine.

Oh, also, what do you mean by "partially" compatible?
What happens when I do install Kelsey-ToB or Keto v2?

Partially compatible really means not compatible, but there is a very quick way to make them compatible. With Kelsey and Keto, the game won't even start if you try to play the game directly after installation. With the SONGLIST.2DA incompatibility issues for these mods in particular, I think I explained somewhere how to remove the problem...yup, do a search for "BP4.mus" in this topic.

Edited by Ascension64, 08 January 2006 - 05:20 PM.

--------------
Retired Modder

#12 Jefpet

Jefpet
  • 12 posts

Posted 09 January 2006 - 03:11 AM

Thank you very much! I hope the mods I posted will be compatible :)
Well I'll wait to install them until I'm in the end of the BG1+TOSC saga.

#13 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 09 January 2006 - 04:52 AM

Thank you very much! I hope the mods I posted will be compatible :)
Well I'll wait to install them until I'm in the end of the BG1+TOSC saga.

That's a good idea. It might take me a fair bit of time to look through the list of mods you mention. They are quite big in patching files.

--------------
Retired Modder

#14 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 10 January 2006 - 01:41 AM

MASSIVE update to the compatibility list...yeah, it took me quite a bit of time, so don't be excited and pester me for more (*serious*). I hope people are content now that most of their favourite mods are likely to be on the list.

@Jefpet: all your mod requests are included, but since I'm getting a bit lazy after doing all that searching and checking, do a browser search for your mod on the list.

Enjoy! :cheers:

--------------
Retired Modder

#15 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 10 January 2006 - 02:31 AM

This is the list many people have been waiting for. You are awesome Ascension64! You must be one of the hardest working modders around. It is appreciated. :Bow:

#16 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 10 January 2006 - 02:56 AM

This is the list many people have been waiting for. You are awesome Ascension64! You must be one of the hardest working modders around. It is appreciated. :Bow:

Thanks, but I think it is now time to remind people again about the A vs B dogma that many users fall in the trap of. Here we go:

If BGT-WeiDU is compatible with Mod A
and
BGT-WeiDU is also compatible with Mod B
that DOES NOT MEAN that
Mod A is compatible with Mod B.

Remember that. This is the reason why I, and all other modders out there, find it very hard to diagnose bugs that people have when they combine a whole bunch of mods together with their mod. Be warned! :fish:

--------------
Retired Modder

#17 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 10 January 2006 - 03:23 AM

True. But if the other modders out there would do what you have done here, those problems would be clear. ;)

#18 SimDing0

SimDing0

GROUP ICON

• 1654 posts

Posted 10 January 2006 - 06:10 AM

I'm not aware of any reason Quest Pack shouldn't be compatible with BGT (it used to work with BP-BGT). Has anyone tried it?
Repeating cycle of pubes / no pubes.

A Comprehensive Listing of IE Mods

#19 Salk

Salk
  • Modder
  • 1411 posts

Donator

Posted 10 January 2006 - 07:32 AM

I might also add this question: has anyone tried Unfinished Business on BGT-WeiDu Zeta ? :whistling: Both this and SimDing0s Quest Pack would really be worth additions!

Ascension64,

congratulations for reaching higher compatibility rate! ;)

#20 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 10 January 2006 - 11:40 AM

Thank you very much Ascension! All my favorite item mods 'n stuff are included YAYYY! :) (Jefpet)