Check The Bodies - WeiDU, v. 160

• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

#41 ronin

ronin
  • Modder
  • 2114 posts

Posted 25 November 2005 - 03:35 AM

As I said in the above post some items say they have abilities and they dont some say they have effects and they dont. One item I found said it was +3 but didnt have any plusses added to it.

I just wanted to try to help and clean up some stuff. I know KD is too busy to be worried about items and non essential stuff.

ronin

Edited by ronin69hof, 25 November 2005 - 03:39 AM.

#42 Silver Raven

Silver Raven
  • 80 posts

Posted 25 November 2005 - 03:36 AM

Area 0404 = test for the stairs :P

good one

#43 ronin

ronin
  • Modder
  • 2114 posts

Posted 25 November 2005 - 04:16 AM

Good Example:

CC08HP1.itm

General Name: No such index
Identified Name: Create Shadows

Category: Belts and Girdles

Identified Description: Plant Growth

Global Effects: (there are too many to list here)

Maybe its me but I think the description is a little off there. The effects should be listed in the Identified Description.

ronin

#44 King Diamond

King Diamond

Give Me Your Soul...Please

• Modder
  • 1430 posts

Posted 25 November 2005 - 05:54 AM

Good Example:

CC08HP1.itm

General Name: No such index
Identified Name: Create Shadows

Category: Belts and Girdles

Identified Description: Plant Growth

Global Effects: (there are too many to list here)

Maybe its me but I think the description is a little off there. The effects should be listed in the Identified Description.

Could I ask you to hold a pace a little bit? :P I think some info would be helpful there...

There're 2 types of items.

1st type - ordinary items that can be worn/used/sold etc. All of them are marked as DROPPABLE.

2nd type - various UNDROPPABLE items. Most of them (99%) designed to provide different equipping/attack effects to the bearer that is difficult to script or set for CRE directly.
Only few of them are used by NPCs (Imoen's belt or Edwin's necklace) and ONLY those must have valid descriptions/names and their effects must correspond to their descriptions.
All other (mentioned 99% of various monsters' attacks for example) can have ANY dull or empty description/name and it's obvious that their set of effects is necessary only to implement desired modifications. You just can't get it in any way: buy, steal, take it from monster's corpse etc. Just because they're UNDROPPABLE and will never appear anywhere...

And (for the info) that is a source of the problem with all buggy items that you can get but can't remove from the inventory - 'undroppable' flag (I can remember an undroppable key in Irenicus' dungeon in previuos BP version).

So, plz pay attention on that.

P.S. I've already checked every item earlier and I'm not sure if there're really major problems.... ;)

Edited by King Diamond, 25 November 2005 - 05:59 AM.

(last update: 02-12-2008)
----------------------------------------------
SoS, v1.13
TDD, v1.12
TS-BP, v6.10
CtB, v1.11
RoT, v2.1
BP Animations Scheme

#45 King Diamond

King Diamond

• Modder
  • 1430 posts

Posted 28 November 2005 - 10:27 AM

There's smth about random treasures, check please, sometimes it is an empty non-removable item.

This problem is FIXED now with a great help of Ascension64 (see related topic in BGT-WeiDU forum for the detailed description of the problem).
As far as it's not easy to include it into a separate patch the fix will be included in the next full packaged mod version.

So, this case is closed since now and plz do not post about that anymore.... :)

SoS, v1.13
TDD, v1.12
TS-BP, v6.10
CtB, v1.11
RoT, v2.1
BP Animations Scheme

#46 Silver Raven

Silver Raven
  • 80 posts

Posted 28 November 2005 - 10:05 PM

hey KD
I don't recall to have seen this bug or if it is one
The Snowflake Deeds are unremovable from ur inventory - ressource : CB513REL
i'm pretty sure the ressource has a unremovable flag.

I tried to fix that with shadowkeeper, but unable, and i'm not a guru user of NI :(

nevermind : i fixed it with skeeper (found how to make the item removable, was so evident) :doh:

my apologies if has already been reported, although this is not a big problem (just eat one precious inventory slot)

btw Where i can find Miranda(for Quest cowled wizards need help) she should be here but threre is no one

She's in Temple District near the Radiant Heart Building (no clue if it's the correct npc, the quest doesn't advance when i talk to her, should i kill her ? :P)

Edited by Silver Raven, 28 November 2005 - 11:00 PM.

#47 King Diamond

King Diamond

• Modder
  • 1430 posts

Posted 29 November 2005 - 01:46 AM

The Snowflake Deeds are unremovable from ur inventory - ressource : CB513REL

***FIXED***

Edited by King Diamond, 29 November 2005 - 01:53 AM.

SoS, v1.13
TDD, v1.12
TS-BP, v6.10
CtB, v1.11
RoT, v2.1
BP Animations Scheme

#48 Silver Raven

Silver Raven
  • 80 posts

Posted 30 November 2005 - 02:19 AM

another one :
can't travel to any TDD area on the map (either there're greyed , or simply can't travel) :(

And yes i got all the maps from npcs, usually when i have a problem like this i go in the city gates and it fixes the pb from greyed area, , but not in this case and riativin isn't greyed and can't travel at all

Only travel possible is to go to Small theeth Pass

Edited by Silver Raven, 30 November 2005 - 03:07 AM.

#49 ScuD

ScuD
  • 492 posts

Posted 30 November 2005 - 03:10 AM

Are you using Worldmap v.4?
This was the problem with Worldmap v.3

#50 Silver Raven

Silver Raven
  • 80 posts

Posted 30 November 2005 - 03:50 AM

er, not sure what the V4 is , i use the one which is provided with CtB, since i don't use BGT, i though this version was enough (looks like i was wrong), oh well, i can still use the console (don't want to start a new game again)
I'd like to point out i always got those problem with ONLY TDD areas. , but at least in the past i could fixes this with travelling to city gates , now not at all

Edited by Silver Raven, 30 November 2005 - 04:11 AM.

#51 ScuD

ScuD
  • 492 posts

Posted 30 November 2005 - 04:35 AM

I don't know how the CtB map works, as always used only Yacomo's worldmap available at the mirrors. And his v.3 had the bug you've described which was fixed in v.4.
You can try to use it, it really looks better than the original map ;)

#52 Silver Raven

Silver Raven
  • 80 posts

Posted 30 November 2005 - 04:39 AM

er i read the readme from the v4, it's derivated from CtB map, so....that's the reason i didn't see the necessity to use the V4 (since my BG I is in French & BGII in english , i don't think i can mix French & English together and so no BGT). Btw the CtB map is faarrrrrr better than the original :)

Edited by Silver Raven, 30 November 2005 - 11:47 AM.

#53 Silver Raven

Silver Raven
  • 80 posts

Posted 30 November 2005 - 12:47 PM

Does anyone has insight how to change the travelling time one area to another ? i have no idea how to do this & even if it's possible
i try to fix my problem with some areas travel, alas i don't know how to use NI.

(actually it's out of question i use the worldmap v4, i will got more problem than i have currently with my current savegame )

as i said above with the CtB Worldmap, some areas for the TDD are misplaced, their travel time are incorrect (yeah , yeah i know would be better to use WM v4, but il'm tired to start over & over a new game, so instaad if it's possible to fix the current map i use...otherwise i still have the console...)

Edited by Silver Raven, 01 December 2005 - 12:24 AM.

#54 Dragon Lord

Dragon Lord
  • 78 posts

Posted 07 January 2006 - 02:35 PM

Well, I don't know if this has been mentioned already, but I can't seem to install this. It says that:

[CtB/scripts/ctb/AR3541.baf] PARSE ERROR at line 3 column 22-22
Near Text: )
[LevelPartyLT] not found in TRIGGER.IDS

[CtB/scripts/ctb/AR3541.baf] ERROR at line 3 column 22-22
Near Text: )
Parsing.Parse_error
ERROR: parsing [CtB/scripts/ctb/AR3541.baf]: Parsing.Parse_error
ERROR: error compiling [CtB/scripts/ctb/AR3541.baf]: Parsing.Parse_error
ERROR: compiling [CtB/scripts/ctb/AR3541.baf]!
Stopping installation because of error.

What should I do?

#55 ronin

ronin
  • Modder
  • 2114 posts

Posted 08 January 2006 - 02:14 AM

Make sure these two lines are in your TRIGGER.IDS and then try to install again.

0x40D8 LevelPartyGT(I:Num*)
0x40D9 LevelPartyLT(I:Num*)

ronin

#56 horred the plague

horred the plague

Scourge of the Seven Seas

• Modder
  • 1899 posts

Posted 23 January 2006 - 08:44 PM

AR3535 Snowflake mountains, second board. I'm getting an assertion CTD when trying to move to this area. No travel trigger icon appears, as well. Looking at AR3535, DLTCEP lists an error in Region #3, Tran3434. Says the polygon is too big, possibly damaged. On the other hand, I didn't buy any cabin. The trigger is set to deactivated in the script. So I shouldn't have been hitting on it anyways, hmm..

So, I edit the area, and turn the travel trigger on. It transitions perfectly, both ways. I try to set the script with

TriggerActivation("Trans3535",FALSE)--if you didn't buy the cabin.

The trigger stays running.

I add the same script to the trigger itself. Still open transition.

But as I move towards the cabin, I get a weirder CTD error. ChVidPoly.cpp (line 256). This happened when I tried to move my cursor over the door region.

I don't see the problem right up front; the polygons in question look fine in dltcep, ni, and ietme. See if you have a similar issue with this area. Maybe I just got a funky install somehow (lucky me).

#57 King Diamond

King Diamond

• Modder
  • 1430 posts

Posted 06 February 2006 - 10:12 AM

But as I move towards the cabin, I get a weirder CTD error. ChVidPoly.cpp (line 256). This happened when I tried to move my cursor over the door region.

Fixed. Problem was in "Hovering wall" polygons.

SoS, v1.13
TDD, v1.12
TS-BP, v6.10
CtB, v1.11
RoT, v2.1
BP Animations Scheme