Photo

World of Warcraft

• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

#1 afireinside

afireinside
  • 64 posts

Posted 21 November 2005 - 03:45 AM

I have been afk from these forums for a long time now. prolly over 6 months. :blink:

I have been addicted to WoW.
Have a lvl 60 priest and 59 rogue (both horde) on Balnazzer(EU)

I was just wondering about peoples veiws on the game and if anyone is playing it.

P.s. i will try to stay active on the forums and i still <3love<3 :wub: BG!
I'M NINJA Posted Image you can't see me

#2 Ze German

Ze German
  • 38 posts

Posted 21 November 2005 - 04:22 AM

yees... ze world of warcraft ja? i had a friend once. zen he bought wow. haven' t seen him since. zat vas months ago. ::ze german zinking to himself:: maybe a communist plot to lure young children into ze sinful vorld of crpgs and zen to ze even more sinful vorld of pnp rpgs... from hence zey never return... ahem

vell, nein, never played it myself.

#3 Shed

Shed

-Shed-

• Modder
  • 2636 posts

Posted 21 November 2005 - 04:41 AM

I know someone who takes turns with his friend to sleep, while they play World of Warcraft. I haven't seen him much recently.

#4 Ze German

Ze German
  • 38 posts

Posted 21 November 2005 - 05:06 AM

zat is exactly vhat i'm talking about, nein? zis wow is a danger to our society and to our sanity. i for one vould ban it if i vere ze politician.

Edited by Ze German, 21 November 2005 - 05:08 AM.

#5 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 21 November 2005 - 05:16 AM

Was addicted to it for about 6 months... I have a level 60 mage with several epics & epic mount, don't really play it anymore. Nothing else to do than collect items and do quests that must be completed with a team... and WoW is full of idiots as well as nice people.

#6 Grunker

Grunker

Prince Charming

• 1240 posts

Posted 21 November 2005 - 05:38 AM

Haven't played the game for some time now, but I thought it was great.

EQ couldn't hold me: To boring, took to long time to level.

DAoC: Great battlegrounds, but very, very boring to do levels.

The quests in WoW made sure I didn't get to bored... But I don't think I could get addicted to it.
"I've heard people complain that the game [the new Prince of Persia] is too easy, which seems odd to me, since I died more times than The Nameless One in a smoothie-maker."

- Yahtzee

#7 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 21 November 2005 - 05:43 AM

Yeah, I tried DAoC before, but got bored of it quite quickly.

#8 EvaineDian

EvaineDian
  • Validating
  • 211 posts

Posted 21 November 2005 - 07:28 AM

I played WoW for a couple of months pretty intensively. It had a very good atmosphere in the beginning, the quests were nice and there were so many nice and funny people around. But somewhere after lvl 40 I got really really bored. Most quests got repetitive and I hated the fact that I couldn't do so many high level quests on my own or with 2 or 3 friends, but only in a big group. Also, most people I met were only into collecting great items and completely forgot that the game was meant to be fun. I think it was a good choice to quit it.

#9 SConrad

SConrad

I swear to drunk I'm not God

• Administrator
  • 11148 posts

Posted 21 November 2005 - 12:30 PM

I've never been much of a fan of MMORPG's at all, which probably is a good thing, seeing how easily I get addicted to games, tv-series and stuff.

I too have a friend who's completely absorbed, though, and it's very difficult for me to be able to catch him when he's online nowadays... ;)

Posted Image Khadion NPC mod - Team leader, head designer
Posted Image Hubelpot NPC mod - Team leader, coder
Posted Image NPC Damage - Coder
Posted Image PC Soundsets - Coder, voice actor
Posted Image Brythe NPC mod - Designer
Posted Image DragonLance TC - Glory of Istar - Designer
Posted Image The NPC Interaction Expansion Project - Writer for Cernd, Sarevok
Posted Image The Jerry Zinger Show - Producer

Iron Modder 5 - Winner

#10 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 21 November 2005 - 01:02 PM

I've never been much of a fan of MMORPG's at all, which probably is a good thing, seeing how easily I get addicted to games, tv-series and stuff.

I too have a friend who's completely absorbed, though, and it's very difficult for me to be able to catch him when he's online nowadays... ;)

Yeah, it's really addictive in a bad way... don't try MMORPGs if you want to stay in touch with people and get something else done besides playing. Trust me, I know. ;)

#11 Tom

Tom

moT

• 1403 posts

Posted 21 November 2005 - 11:39 PM

I've been playing WoW for ages now, got a level 60 mage and a level 60 priest, and more alts than I care to count. I think its a great game, regardless of whether the quests are repedetive and levelling boring. I just think that its an amazingly balanced game with extremely fine game mechanics.
Forward he cried from the rear
And the front rank died
And the general sat and the lines on the map
Moved from side to side.

#12 Pain Elemental

Pain Elemental

Always here, just look harder.

• 643 posts

Posted 22 November 2005 - 01:14 AM

I think it's moneygrubbing, but that's my opinion. Several other MMORPG's proved that it can be free as well.
After an eternity away from you all, I've returned.

#13 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 22 November 2005 - 02:35 AM

I think it's moneygrubbing, but that's my opinion. Several other MMORPG's proved that it can be free as well.

Yeah, like Guild Wars... although I have had my share of MMORPGs for years now... going back to SP.

#14 Ze German

Ze German
  • 38 posts

Posted 22 November 2005 - 03:55 AM

anybody know ze mmorpg definitions from ze urban dictionary? very humoristic i zink, ja. i hope zat noone takes offense from zis, nein.

http://www.urbandict...php?term=mmorpg

Edit: i didn't look zese up because i don't know vhat mmorpg means... just in case you zink all germans are stupid, yes.

Edited by Ze German, 22 November 2005 - 04:05 AM.

#15 afireinside

afireinside
  • 64 posts

Posted 22 November 2005 - 05:42 PM

Lawl!:

"Many men Online Role Playing girls."

this is so true...
I'M NINJA Posted Image you can't see me

#16 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 23 November 2005 - 10:10 AM

Lawl!:

"Many men Online Role Playing girls."

this is so true...

That's true... and it's scary.

#17 hlidskialf

hlidskialf

Incarnation of the Eternal Ale Warrior

• Modder
  • 2510 posts

Posted 03 December 2005 - 03:06 PM

I've been playing this game for a month or so. I really like the construction, gameplay, graphics, etc... However, I can't stand the L33t little wankers running around everywhere. I've never been fond of MMORPGs, and prefer to play solo. Which explains why I've set up my own server and am running an emulator for my own gaming pleasure. The game itself is easy to mod, is geared toward new quest addition and is just plain frickin' huge! The only thing I miss is the NPC interaction of the BG series. That of course can change with some coding. ;)

The great wolf Fenrir gapes ever at the dwelling of the gods.

#18 Grunker

Grunker

Prince Charming

• 1240 posts

Posted 04 December 2005 - 02:25 AM

I've been playing this game for a month or so. I really like the construction, gameplay, graphics, etc... However, I can't stand the L33t little wankers running around everywhere. I've never been fond of MMORPGs, and prefer to play solo. Which explains why I've set up my own server and am running an emulator for my own gaming pleasure. The game itself is easy to mod, is geared toward new quest addition and is just plain frickin' huge! The only thing I miss is the NPC interaction of the BG series. That of course can change with some coding. ;)

And of course, just a small percentage of roleplaying would be nice. They don't even roleplay on the roleplaying servers.
"I've heard people complain that the game [the new Prince of Persia] is too easy, which seems odd to me, since I died more times than The Nameless One in a smoothie-maker."

- Yahtzee

#19 Tom

Tom

moT

• 1403 posts

Posted 04 December 2005 - 04:25 AM

If you want RP you just have to find an RP guild. Or make a level 10 alt and sit him in Goldshire, there are always people roleplaying there. (And I appreciate the comment about my hat, Grunker. I didn't think saying that justified a whole response in the other thread though)

Edited by Tom, 04 December 2005 - 04:31 AM.

Forward he cried from the rear
And the front rank died
And the general sat and the lines on the map
Moved from side to side.

#20 Grunker

Grunker

Prince Charming

• 1240 posts

Posted 04 December 2005 - 04:59 AM

If you want RP you just have to find an RP guild. Or make a level 10 alt and sit him in Goldshire, there are always people roleplaying there. (And I appreciate the comment about my hat, Grunker. I didn't think saying that justified a whole response in the other thread though)

Well, I guess I'm just old-fashioned. Can't RP some of the time and play modern-age-I'm-paladin-but-speaks-21st-century-english the other half. So I just choose PVP-servers and play the game for what it is: Action- and social online gaming.

- Yahtzee