Photo

World of Warcraft

• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

#41 afireinside

afireinside
  • 64 posts

Posted 15 December 2005 - 08:17 AM

in response to buying gold i found a post somewhere on the net. might make an interesting read for some of you. so here it is:

IGE , The corrupt company

"I spent many hours on this after talking to a good friend about my past employment. It's for friends to understand more of my life and learn from my experiences.

I do not have screenshots of what we have done , .pdf files anything to prove any of this. But it's true beleive me or not.

I worked for a company Called IGE not too long ago for 4 months, before I went into college.

www.ige.com -- IGE, a diversified service provider and market maker, operates the world?s largest secure network of buying and selling sites for massively multiplayer online roleplaying games (MMORPGs) virtual currency and assets on the Internet. IGE currently offers exchange services for many of the world?s most popular MMOGs, including both direct buying and selling services as well as a trading platform.

Tomo worked with me.. Our job was simple, we were given 2 well written pdf files , each one with over 50-60 exploits in World of Warcraft's system. We used 2 computers , decent specs windowsxp home , they only had basic programs with windows xp ( internet explorer , notepad etc. ) and World of Warcraft in the system.

We ran on lowest quality everything we were given 2 accounts one for each of us. These accounts contained 1 horde rogue lvl60 and 1 alliance rogue lvl60 on one of the most popular PvP servers.

We both did everything from teleport exploits , instant zone ins , tracking exploits etc. Just basic stuff at first. Within our first month Tomo and I wrote up 4-6 different scripts for IGE which they passed to the "24/7" gold farmers we had not known much at the time the conditions those people were working in so we had not put much thought into what we were doing. Each script offered us around 200-400 USD each. It really did not take much programming knowledge to write them , they gave us a basic macro program and told us to specify a script for a different part of a certain zone ( namely everyones favorite "Tyrs Hand" ).

After working for them about 2 months making a decent amount of money for a part-time job, They "promoted" us to a different level of gold farming.

Since one of the main "managers" was a good friend of ours he had explained to us one of the biggest ways IGE makes gold is not by having a couple hundred chinese boys and girls farming 24/7 for pennies on the dollar, but bleive it or not was through "fixed" epic drops off certain mobs. Every week we were given a note with a fixed location / time / and mob name that would drop a certain epic item , one example which I remember is a Carrion Grub in Eastern Plaguelands dropping an epic Glowing brightwood staff 2 times in one day one for Tomo and Alliance rogue and one for me a Horde rogue .. basically one for each market.

Although our friend never told us how this process worked it has led me to believe that maybe our "Anti-Gold farming" company Blizzard may be in on IGE's million dollar market , I mean really how much easier can it be ? You make a game have millions of subscribers and then create "make believe" online currency to sell to stupid people with alot of money in their wallets? Sony did it with EverQuest , why not Blizzard with WoW ? Nerds get their pride through having better things than everyone else and Blizzard IGE get their money how perfect can it be? But hey that's just an opinion not a fact ^_^.

Tomo and I had met a $2000.00 quota in 2 weeks , I remember us both walking into the office to get the check but this day was the day that made us both quit.

As referenced here in my blog and as many of you already know , IGE is a slavedriving sweatshop business..But of course they don't admit it , They pay children (16 years ) China/Japan/Korea and other poor countries to sit in warehouses to play 12 hours a day for 1$ an hour. Tomo and I had walked by a room with over 20 over worked / tired and miserable adults and teenagers sitting in front of computers playing World of Warcraft. We were both sick , we had written scripts so that they could sit in front of computers all day to make no where near enough money to get by.

Yes it is their decision they are not slaves but they are being taken advantage of and everyone who buys gold ( I'm sure most of WoW's player base ) supports it. We walked into that office took the check , and reported the building to authorities. It was shut down and moved I am sure to a different place within a week.

Read this , all true as I have experienced it all myself.

http://www.1up.com/d...t=0&cId=3141815

I hope everyone that has read this has learned something , think before you buy that 2k gold from IGE or e-bay sure your getting that uber-l33t EPIC MOUNT ! or that purple you have always wanted but your also supporting a slave-driving sweatshop business.

This is all my experience with IGE in a 4 month period make comments if you want but don't e-mail me about it.."

Original URL:
http://blog.myspace....1d-f8344370e421
I'M NINJA Posted Image you can't see me

#42 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 15 December 2005 - 10:10 AM

Yeah, I absolutely detest that side of MMORPGs. And really, if someone is so bad at some game that he/she is willing to use real cash on virtual gold... well, let's just say that they should play something else. Like FPS'. Heck, I got to level 60 and had great stuff, 2 epic items and an epic mount for my alliance mage... it really isn't that hard...

#43 Grunker

Grunker

Prince Charming

• 1240 posts

Posted 15 December 2005 - 03:11 PM

in response to buying gold i found a post somewhere on the net. might make an interesting read for some of you. so here it is:

IGE , The corrupt company

"I spent many hours on this after talking to a good friend about my past employment. It's for friends to understand more of my life and learn from my experiences.

I do not have screenshots of what we have done , .pdf files anything to prove any of this. But it's true beleive me or not.

I worked for a company Called IGE not too long ago for 4 months, before I went into college.

www.ige.com -- IGE, a diversified service provider and market maker, operates the world?s largest secure network of buying and selling sites for massively multiplayer online roleplaying games (MMORPGs) virtual currency and assets on the Internet. IGE currently offers exchange services for many of the world?s most popular MMOGs, including both direct buying and selling services as well as a trading platform.

Tomo worked with me.. Our job was simple, we were given 2 well written pdf files , each one with over 50-60 exploits in World of Warcraft's system. We used 2 computers , decent specs windowsxp home , they only had basic programs with windows xp ( internet explorer , notepad etc. ) and World of Warcraft in the system.

We ran on lowest quality everything we were given 2 accounts one for each of us. These accounts contained 1 horde rogue lvl60 and 1 alliance rogue lvl60 on one of the most popular PvP servers.

We both did everything from teleport exploits , instant zone ins , tracking exploits etc. Just basic stuff at first. Within our first month Tomo and I wrote up 4-6 different scripts for IGE which they passed to the "24/7" gold farmers we had not known much at the time the conditions those people were working in so we had not put much thought into what we were doing. Each script offered us around 200-400 USD each. It really did not take much programming knowledge to write them , they gave us a basic macro program and told us to specify a script for a different part of a certain zone ( namely everyones favorite "Tyrs Hand" ).

After working for them about 2 months making a decent amount of money for a part-time job, They "promoted" us to a different level of gold farming.

Since one of the main "managers" was a good friend of ours he had explained to us one of the biggest ways IGE makes gold is not by having a couple hundred chinese boys and girls farming 24/7 for pennies on the dollar, but bleive it or not was through "fixed" epic drops off certain mobs. Every week we were given a note with a fixed location / time / and mob name that would drop a certain epic item , one example which I remember is a Carrion Grub in Eastern Plaguelands dropping an epic Glowing brightwood staff 2 times in one day one for Tomo and Alliance rogue and one for me a Horde rogue .. basically one for each market.

Although our friend never told us how this process worked it has led me to believe that maybe our "Anti-Gold farming" company Blizzard may be in on IGE's million dollar market , I mean really how much easier can it be ? You make a game have millions of subscribers and then create "make believe" online currency to sell to stupid people with alot of money in their wallets? Sony did it with EverQuest , why not Blizzard with WoW ? Nerds get their pride through having better things than everyone else and Blizzard IGE get their money how perfect can it be? But hey that's just an opinion not a fact ^_^.

Tomo and I had met a $2000.00 quota in 2 weeks , I remember us both walking into the office to get the check but this day was the day that made us both quit.

As referenced here in my blog and as many of you already know , IGE is a slavedriving sweatshop business..But of course they don't admit it , They pay children (16 years ) China/Japan/Korea and other poor countries to sit in warehouses to play 12 hours a day for 1$ an hour. Tomo and I had walked by a room with over 20 over worked / tired and miserable adults and teenagers sitting in front of computers playing World of Warcraft. We were both sick , we had written scripts so that they could sit in front of computers all day to make no where near enough money to get by.

Yes it is their decision they are not slaves but they are being taken advantage of and everyone who buys gold ( I'm sure most of WoW's player base ) supports it. We walked into that office took the check , and reported the building to authorities. It was shut down and moved I am sure to a different place within a week.

Read this , all true as I have experienced it all myself.

http://www.1up.com/d...t=0&cId=3141815

I hope everyone that has read this has learned something , think before you buy that 2k gold from IGE or e-bay sure your getting that uber-l33t EPIC MOUNT ! or that purple you have always wanted but your also supporting a slave-driving sweatshop business.

This is all my experience with IGE in a 4 month period make comments if you want but don't e-mail me about it.."

Original URL:
http://blog.myspace....1d-f8344370e421

This is sick. Even if this story isn't true, it seems believable enough that someone else is doing it. Sick :angry:
"I've heard people complain that the game [the new Prince of Persia] is too easy, which seems odd to me, since I died more times than The Nameless One in a smoothie-maker."

- Yahtzee

#44 Tom

Tom

moT

• 1403 posts

Posted 17 December 2005 - 04:44 AM

Everyone knows that the gold farmers work under terrible conditions, and to compound on it, all the people in the game are horrible to them too.
Forward he cried from the rear
And the front rank died
And the general sat and the lines on the map
Moved from side to side.

#45 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 17 December 2005 - 05:03 AM

Everyone knows that the gold farmers work under terrible conditions, and to compound on it, all the people in the game are horrible to them too.

Yeah, peeps in the game don't like them because they steal the best kills, camp areas etc.. and Blizzard asks players to report gold farmers as well... if Blizz is indeed working with some kind of an gold selling business... well, it would really be a nice scam, telling players to do what they can against gold farmers, and in the mean time selling the same gold to players through some other company. It's a big joke too, that all players hate gold farmers and mock them, and at the same time buy their gold from the internet company employing said gold farmers. 'Nuff said. :whistling: ;)

#46 Rabain

Rabain

God

• 653 posts

Posted 09 February 2008 - 07:33 PM

Necroposting I know but I have some questions.

Recently I've been playing some online games:

Tribal Wars: Looks nice but too political. Everytime a new realm opens immediately there are 50 tribes with the same names as the last realm, same members. Tribes form and reform incorporating the best players (sister tribes) until they are top. I feel sorry for new players to the game...anyway...I've stopped playing this one.

Imperia Online: similar to some extent because in the international realms you get large Alliances of turks, bulgarians, french etc (these 3 are most common). Otherwise it has an interesting structurs and forces a 6hr offline rule for every player daily (or your account is locked).

My question: What is your opinion of WoW. Is it worth playing? Is there something similar for free?

I like the graphics and from what I've read it seems interesting but i do not want to play a game where I'm going to spend most of my time avoiding brain-dead l33t players or idiots just interested in ruining someone elses gameplay.

I want story and action and possibly to get to know some people but initialy I'd like to adventure on my own.

Is it worth adventuring on your own in an online game you pay for?
A knight without armour in a savage land...

#47 Tempest

Tempest

Cue Ominous Music

• Modder
  • 6572 posts

Posted 09 February 2008 - 07:49 PM

There will ALWAYS be idiots and jerks, no matter what game you choose. WoW is probably the single most solo-friendly MMO out there, but it, too, boils down to grouping at the endgame. It's the nature of the genre. I'm an active WoW player, and while soloing isn't the most fulfilling or interesting way to play, it's far more viable than in most, if not all, other MMORPG's.

"The righteous need not cower before the drumbeat of human progress. Though the song of yesterday fades into the challenge of tomorrow, God still watches and judges us. Evil lurks in the datalinks as it lurked in the streets of yesterday, but it was never the streets that were evil." - Sister Miriam Godwinson, Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri

#48 khay

khay

Swords to Rust, Hearts to Dust

• Modder
  • 1719 posts

Posted 10 February 2008 - 12:34 PM

Yeah, it`s cool enough. While I personally dislike the universe, the storyline is alright and it has plenty of excellent humor. And 12-13 euros per month isn`t much, people spend significantly more money on worse things, like cigarettes and whatnot. It`s pretty cool to play on your own, but sooner or later you`ll probably join a suitable guild and that`s where the fun will (re)start. The idea of guilds is to gather like-minded people, therefore chances are you`ll manage to surround yourself with great folks, not idiots.

I suggest starting out on an RP server (also known as realm), the percentage of intellectually impaired people is significantly lower there. Not to mention roleplaying kicks ass. :)

#49 Tempest

Tempest

Cue Ominous Music

• Modder
  • 6572 posts

Posted 10 February 2008 - 12:54 PM

On the other hand, Goldshire on a RP server is not healthy, ditto the Deeprun Tram... makes me very glad I'm Horde on a PvE server. If role-playing is your thing, I suggest actively searching for an RP guild. Most guilds will look at you strangely if you RP, even on an RP server, so look for a guild specifically devoted to it if you want to RP. Oh, and stay away from the elves. Just stay away.

"The righteous need not cower before the drumbeat of human progress. Though the song of yesterday fades into the challenge of tomorrow, God still watches and judges us. Evil lurks in the datalinks as it lurked in the streets of yesterday, but it was never the streets that were evil." - Sister Miriam Godwinson, Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri

#50 Rabain

Rabain

God

• 653 posts

Posted 11 February 2008 - 06:22 AM

Whats up with the Elves...curiousity you know! :)

For some reason I'm drawn to playing a Draenei Paladin.

I think I'd prefer a PvE server to begin with.

Can you move characters developed in one server to another if you want? Such as from PvE to RP?

#51 Kellen

Kellen

Earn a person's heart, and they'll die a thousand deaths

• 7092 posts

Posted 11 February 2008 - 06:27 AM

Whats up with the Elves...curiousity you know! :)

I'll give a guess.

Elvs are teh awesomness haxxor lol. They is teh 1337ers
"She could resist temptation. Really she could. Sometimes. At least when it wasn't tempting." - Calli Slythistle
"She was a fire, and I had no doubt that she had already done her share of burning." - Lord Firael Algathrin
"Most assume that all the followers of Lathander are great morning people. They're very wrong." - Tanek of Cloakwood

we are all adults playing a fantasy together, - cmorgan

#52 Tempest

Tempest

Cue Ominous Music

• Modder
  • 6572 posts

Posted 11 February 2008 - 06:35 AM

Pretty much, Kellen. The elves are popular with kiddies and idiots, and even if most actually aren't that bad, the stereotype alone is very damaging.

Rabain, you can pay 25$ US to transfer characters between servers, but if you want my advice, play a few different characters up until lv. 10 or so first, get a feel for the class and what you find fun. Some classes, hunters in particular, only really come into their own around lv. 10-hunters finally get their pets at that level, for example, paladins and priests get their resurrection spells around then, druids get their first shapeshift at lv. 10, and so on and so forth.

Here are a couple of handy links, from when I last corrupted someone into WoW:

http://forums.worldo...p;forumId=69356

This is the WoW forums board for newbies-has a lot of useful info.

http://www.worldofwa...#gettingstarted

The official getting started guide.

#53 Rabain

Rabain

God

• 653 posts

Posted 11 February 2008 - 06:03 PM

Thanks for the links! Lots of reading there.

I'll start a few characters and see how it goes. It'll probably be a few weeks before I get started, got to get home first and I don't want to read too many spoilers...just some basic guides. I'll learn myself in PvE, its more fun not knowing first time around i think.

Someone (you know who you are) told me the other day that they have never played BG1! They are a BG2 modder, I was so jealous...can you imagine coming to BG1 for the first time with all the cool stuff you can add now?

Anyway thanks for all the info!

I think I'm going to be Alliance...sorry! :)

#54 khay

khay

Swords to Rust, Hearts to Dust

• Modder
  • 1719 posts

Posted 14 February 2008 - 02:14 AM

Alliance. :(

PvE. :( :(

Well, good luck. I would also recommend WoW Wiki, it`s an excellent resource for basically anything WoW-related. Read the class pages thoroughly (there aren`t any significant storyline-related spoilers there) and you`ll learn to play in no time.

I never played BG1 either. I tried BG1tutu twice already, but first time it didn`t work and second time I had no banters whatsoever. Maybe 3 is the lucky number...

#55 Rabain

Rabain

God

• 653 posts

Posted 14 February 2008 - 08:26 PM

Anyone recommend a good RP_PvE server to start out on. There are so many to choose from!