Photo

BGT quest tweaks ideas

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#1 Promilus

Promilus
  • 378 posts

Posted 23 November 2005 - 02:10 AM

After few silly situations I met at BG1 part of BGT I found out that there is a possibility of creating some "quest pack" as a part of "tweak pack" for BGT.

There are many silly situations in the game
i.e. Jaheira is a druid and it's propably somehow connected with the druids of Lars wood and Cloak Wood...
There is a quest when CHARNAME may save Aldeth Sashenstar or just kill him with the druids...but Jaheira is neutral to the fact when we kill druids (and one archdruid which is her boss I think)
Edwin don't react at killing his Thay "friends" in Baldur's Gate (magical sundries?)
Ajantis don't react at Ghoul presense in the party when fighting Mutamin basilisks
--and many, many more--
I'll be glad if u post here other silly situation that could be "fixed" somehow...maybe some modder will be interested in creating such thing.

Edited by Promilus, 23 November 2005 - 02:10 AM.

#2 Kulyok

Kulyok
  • Modder
  • 2450 posts

Posted 23 November 2005 - 02:19 AM

BG1 NPC project fixes some of these oversights and adds many, many more. I would also recommend (yet unfinished) BG1 Unfinished Business

#3 Chevalier

Chevalier

Knight of the Realms

• Modder
  • 2405 posts

Posted 23 November 2005 - 02:23 AM

After few silly situations I met at BG1 part of BGT I found out that there is a possibility of creating some "quest pack" as a part of "tweak pack" for BGT.

There are many silly situations in the game
i.e. Jaheira is a druid and it's propably somehow connected with the druids of Lars wood and Cloak Wood...
There is a quest when CHARNAME may save Aldeth Sashenstar or just kill him with the druids...but Jaheira is neutral to the fact when we kill druids (and one archdruid which is her boss I think)

These are evil Shadow Druids (same type you fight in BG2) and she is form the south, not from near Baldur's Gate. If you use BG1 NPC Project for BGT much of this is explained.

I Ride for the King!

a.k.a. Chev

#4 Promilus

Promilus
  • 378 posts

Posted 23 November 2005 - 02:28 AM

Hmmm....They're both nice, but still I didn't found any interaction between proper NPCs and the situation around...that's why I created this topic...
Chevalier-Aldeth Sashenstar killed some of "good" druids...there are some Archdruid (name begins on S-don't remember well) and he's the boss of Jaheira (shadow Archdruid tell that while u met him in his tree-home...just before he'll attack). It was very silly for me...firstly I kill the archdruid...Jaheira do nothing...then I went into Shadows druid's territory...and they attack me because they think that we're allies of that archdruid...it's so silly.
@Ajantis...it also don't react at certain situations...and as a Paladin he should...I know BG1NPC give some banters and few quests...but it still don't fix those silly situations.

Edited by Promilus, 23 November 2005 - 02:34 AM.

#5 Kulyok

Kulyok
  • Modder
  • 2450 posts

Posted 23 November 2005 - 02:31 AM

In BG1 NPC, Jaheira has a whole quest tied with Shadow Druids and Aldeth Sashenstar. It has been included in version 11, though I do not believe it is comatibable with BGT as of yet. I can safely say, however, that it works for TUTU.

#6 Chevalier

Chevalier

Knight of the Realms

• Modder
  • 2405 posts

Posted 23 November 2005 - 02:32 AM

The Idea is good, just pointing out that some of what you are talking about is already ou there. Go ahead and make tweaks and we will play them and see which set of tweaks we like best. :)

I Ride for the King!

a.k.a. Chev

#7 Kulyok

Kulyok
  • Modder
  • 2450 posts

Posted 23 November 2005 - 03:10 AM

@Ajantis...it also don't react at certain situations...and as a Paladin he should...

*groan* Believe me, he does. I've played with him in the party with BG1 NPC installed, and not only does he complain at every little "Eeeeeeeeeeeeevil" thing, he also has something of a counter installed. When you refuse to do several "selfless" deeds in a row, he starts to nag. Also, like with Keldorn, you are in trouble with Ajantis when your reputation suffers a drop.

#8 Promilus

Promilus
  • 378 posts

Posted 23 November 2005 - 03:27 AM

Heh...what would u tell about ghoul 7th party members? or bandits joining? or some "innocent" lies? :) I think he won't react even if BG1NPC installed...Minsc/Anomen were complaining joining Shadow thieves at BG2... :] i just want the game to be more "fantasy realistic"...why Jaheira or Ajantis don't tell anything when decide to kill the driad (south...driad tree protection) rather than protect her?...or why Ajantis don't tell anything when giving nymph to Ramazith? Those minor things can be REALLY annoying when the player is much much much advanced in the Realms.
EDIT: I've got the name of that archdruid. His name is Senyiad and he's not one of the shadow druids...he is boss of Jaheira...and he wants to kill Aldeth Sashenstar...heheh.

Edited by Promilus, 23 November 2005 - 03:40 AM.

#9 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 23 November 2005 - 07:19 AM

Promilus, the dryad issue and almost everything else you all have mentioned here are covered in BG1NPC. Please go over to the G3 forum and look at what this team has already developed. We do not have version 11 of BG1NPC yet (I am working on it now - should be ready next week) but every one of these topics is covered in there. There are even more. There are quests for all of the NPCs, there are several romances, and there are the banters that you seem to think this mod only covers. BG1NPC is much more than just the banters it started with.

Yes, Senyiad and Jaheira know each other. This is covered with a special quest for Jaheira. You can also play on the shadow druids' side by joining with Faldorn.

Tired of Bhaal? Try some classics mods instead:
Classic Adventures
Official Classic Adventures Website

#10 SimDing0

SimDing0

GROUP ICON

• 1654 posts

Posted 23 November 2005 - 07:52 AM

BG1 Unfinished Business

I don't believe we'll be producing a BGT verson of this.
Repeating cycle of pubes / no pubes.

A Comprehensive Listing of IE Mods

#11 NiGHTMARE

NiGHTMARE
  • 2328 posts

Posted 23 November 2005 - 09:57 AM

Promilus: if all you're getting from BG1NPC is the new banters, it sounds very much like you've only installed the first component of the mod. Please, re-run the setup program and install the second component (entitled "Phase II Content") as well. This contains all the new interjections, quests, and encounters.

Edited by NiGHTMARE, 23 November 2005 - 09:57 AM.

#12 Chevalier

Chevalier

Knight of the Realms

• Modder
  • 2405 posts

Posted 23 November 2005 - 12:28 PM

BG1 Unfinished Business

I don't believe we'll be producing a BGT verson of this.

SimDing0

When Unfinished is... ...ah finished, will you object to someone porting it over to BGT?

I Ride for the King!

a.k.a. Chev

#13 SimDing0

SimDing0

GROUP ICON

• 1654 posts

Posted 23 November 2005 - 01:21 PM

I'll object to a port because I don't like different versions of stuff floating around. I won't object to somebody submitting the neccessary TP2 changes for inclusion.

(It's actually not my decision in any case since it's primarily Icelus' mod, but my recommendation will be loud. :))

#14 Promilus

Promilus
  • 378 posts

Posted 23 November 2005 - 02:10 PM

@NiGHTMARE-yes propably U R right...this is the "dark side" of installing too many mods one after another...however still I didn't found much info in the readme...and I don't have time to sit after computer and search the forum...Perhaps I misunderstand something...still this topic was created for holding the ideas to "finish" some adventures...and make the game more realistic by pointing some weird situations. Not a request of creating new mod!

#15 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 23 November 2005 - 04:32 PM

I'll object to a port because I don't like different versions of stuff floating around. I won't object to somebody submitting the neccessary TP2 changes for inclusion.

(It's actually not my decision in any case since it's primarily Icelus' mod, but my recommendation will be loud. )

I have never known you to be anything other than "loud". ;)

I would assume that a TP2 change is not going to work on porting this to BGT. Unless you have no BAF or D files in the mod (in which case, that would be a very strange mod). All the area references in the BAF files would need to be corrected, and all of the "_NAME" links in the dialog files would need to be corrected as well.

Even new ARE files would have problems since they will point to actors with the wrong name or items in containers with the wrong file name.

So how would someone be able to do all of this in just the TP2 file?

Tired of Bhaal? Try some classics mods instead:
Classic Adventures
Official Classic Adventures Website

#16 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 23 November 2005 - 05:09 PM

(It's actually not my decision in any case since it's primarily Icelus' mod, but my recommendation will be loud. )

I have never known you to be anything other than "loud". ;)

I would assume that a TP2 change is not going to work on porting this to BGT. Unless you have no BAF or D files in the mod (in which case, that would be a very strange mod). All the area references in the BAF files would need to be corrected, and all of the "_NAME" links in the dialog files would need to be corrected as well.

Even new ARE files would have problems since they will point to actors with the wrong name or items in containers with the wrong file name.

So how would someone be able to do all of this in just the TP2 file?

See BGT & Tutu thread.

--------------
Retired Modder
Note: I do not respond to profile comments/personal messages in regards to troubleshooting my modifications. Please post on the public forums instead.

Baldur's Gate Trilogy-WeiDU and Mods
Throne of Bhaal Extender (TobEx)

Contributions: (NWN2) A Deathstalker (voice acting) - (IWD2) IWD2 NPC Project (soundset editing) - (Misc) SHS PC Soundsets (voice acting)
Legacy: (BG/Tutu/BGT) Beregost Crash Fixer 1.9 (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Enable conversations with charmed/dominated creatures (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Experience Corrections (18 Jul 10) - (Misc) Platform Conversion Utility RC2 (13 Feb 10)

#17 SimDing0

SimDing0

GROUP ICON

• 1654 posts

Posted 24 November 2005 - 02:27 AM

ACTION_IF and some different files. I believe The Grey Clan provides an example of a mod that can be installed over either BGT or Tutu.

#18 Promilus

Promilus
  • 378 posts

Posted 24 November 2005 - 03:14 AM

The Gray Clan part 1 episode 1 u mean? The last breath of the past?
Because from my knowledge In candlelight is not BGT compatible (yet)...or am I miss something?

#19 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 24 November 2005 - 06:31 AM

ACTION_IF and some different files. I believe The Grey Clan provides an example of a mod that can be installed over either BGT or Tutu.

Well, no. I handled the conversion of the latest In Candlelight Tutu->BGT conversion (and someone else had to do Last Breath of the Past). Basically, only mods built upon Tutu that add totally new content will be compatible with both BGT and Tutu, BUT there needs to be some glue that attaches the new mod to the original content (e.g. area script, new NPC) which requires modification of existing resources, the exact thing that Tutu and BGT do not agree upon. Therefore, absolutely no mods developed specifically for Tutu/BGT will work with the other.

The BGT version of In Candlelight is in process...ever since Blackwyrm went down, things have been quiet on it. It is up to Baronius (and do not pester him about it, I am serious) to decide when he is ready to let it loose.

Edited by Ascension64, 24 November 2005 - 06:31 AM.

--------------
Retired Modder
Note: I do not respond to profile comments/personal messages in regards to troubleshooting my modifications. Please post on the public forums instead.

Baldur's Gate Trilogy-WeiDU and Mods
Throne of Bhaal Extender (TobEx)

Contributions: (NWN2) A Deathstalker (voice acting) - (IWD2) IWD2 NPC Project (soundset editing) - (Misc) SHS PC Soundsets (voice acting)
Legacy: (BG/Tutu/BGT) Beregost Crash Fixer 1.9 (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Enable conversations with charmed/dominated creatures (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Experience Corrections (18 Jul 10) - (Misc) Platform Conversion Utility RC2 (13 Feb 10)

#20 SimDing0

SimDing0

GROUP ICON

• 1654 posts

Posted 24 November 2005 - 06:41 AM

Therefore, absolutely no mods developed specifically for Tutu/BGT will work with the other.

No, all it takes is a check in the TP2 to detect whether you're installing over BGT or Tutu, and the mod can automatically make changes as appropriate. (Tell you what, as a special offer, someone can even make a conversion package and I'll convert it into a single universal installer.) I suspect the only reason conversions rather than universal packages are so popular is because the original authors don't want the hassle of maintaining both versions.