BGT quest tweaks ideas

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#21 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 25 November 2005 - 03:44 PM

Okay, so you are talking about doing the same thing with the TP2 that I do for BoneHill (making it install for either Tutu or BGT) (once the installer bugs are fixed). That still means that you have to have 2 sets of D files, 2 sets of BAF, etc. The TP2 just looks to see which group of files are to be installed. That doesn't really solve the problem here unless as you point out, the author develops for both at the same time. Other than myself, I don't know of anyone else that is doing this (as you can see in the BoneHill forum here, it isn't easy).

I just spent the past 5 days working over the BG1NPC files to make it install onto BGT. That has to be done everytime they update the mod. Unless a list of fixes can be provided, then I only have to make updates instead of a full rebuild.

Personally, I would like to see modders build for both environments until we decide how to merge them. It is extra work but if planned correctly, shouldn't delay progress too badly. Once the basic code is done, it is just a matter of remembering to update each set correctly.

Tired of Bhaal? Try some classics mods instead:
Classic Adventures
Official Classic Adventures Website

#22 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 25 November 2005 - 07:31 PM

Well, people did express their dislike/like about the Tutu2BGT converter. The current situation is, a functional converter has been created by myself, to save the hassle of manually going through and changing ResRefs. This will save tremendous amounts of time for people who want to do such conversions (there will be a vice versa soon as well), but of course the converter in its current state is not 100% and there will be specific issues with particular mod conversions that need to be issued. So, instead of manually looking at every single new release of a Tutu mod, say BG1NPC for example, a full base rebuild can be done quite easily, then when the specific issues are identified, they can be applied per new release.

This, I believe, will do nicely until the merger is done.

--------------
Retired Modder
Note: I do not respond to profile comments/personal messages in regards to troubleshooting my modifications. Please post on the public forums instead.

Baldur's Gate Trilogy-WeiDU and Mods
Throne of Bhaal Extender (TobEx)

Contributions: (NWN2) A Deathstalker (voice acting) - (IWD2) IWD2 NPC Project (soundset editing) - (Misc) SHS PC Soundsets (voice acting)
Legacy: (BG/Tutu/BGT) Beregost Crash Fixer 1.9 (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Enable conversations with charmed/dominated creatures (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Experience Corrections (18 Jul 10) - (Misc) Platform Conversion Utility RC2 (13 Feb 10)

#23 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 26 November 2005 - 06:40 AM

...and to follow up on my last post, the Tutu2BGT converter has successfully converted:
Sirine's Call v4 Tutu
Indira NPC v7 Tutu
Finch v2 Tutu
...to BGT-compatible versions. Of course, there are a few issues that need to be addressed that, as I said, can only be achieved by bugfixing.

For example, the straight conversion of Finch v2 produces an EXTEND_TOP on Candlekeep (AR0015) that screws up the intro movie and textscreen. On the other hand, the conversion of Sirine's Call v4 is somewhat broken because a 'no-go' zone prevents the party from entering the lighthouse and the longhall, which I don't know why happens at the moment. For the latter, the cursor is basically the circle with the diagonal line across it, see attached picture. Does anyone have any idea why this occurs?
temp.JPG

--------------
Retired Modder
Note: I do not respond to profile comments/personal messages in regards to troubleshooting my modifications. Please post on the public forums instead.

Contributions: (NWN2) A Deathstalker (voice acting) - (IWD2) IWD2 NPC Project (soundset editing) - (Misc) SHS PC Soundsets (voice acting)
Legacy: (BG/Tutu/BGT) Beregost Crash Fixer 1.9 (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Enable conversations with charmed/dominated creatures (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Experience Corrections (18 Jul 10) - (Misc) Platform Conversion Utility RC2 (13 Feb 10)

#24 King Diamond

King Diamond

Give Me Your Soul...Please

• Modder
  • 1430 posts

Posted 26 November 2005 - 07:43 AM

For example, the straight conversion of Finch v2 produces an EXTEND_TOP on Candlekeep (AR0015) that screws up the intro movie and textscreen. On the other hand, the conversion of Sirine's Call v4 is somewhat broken because a 'no-go' zone prevents the party from entering the lighthouse and the longhall, which I don't know why happens at the moment. For the latter, the cursor is basically the circle with the diagonal line across it, see attached picture. Does anyone have any idea why this occurs?

I do know only that you can't enter neither lighthouse nor any other houses there in BGT. Does that Sirine's Call v4 make them accessible?

Edited by King Diamond, 26 November 2005 - 07:44 AM.

(last update: 02-12-2008)
----------------------------------------------
SoS, v1.13
TDD, v1.12
TS-BP, v6.10
CtB, v1.11
RoT, v2.1
----------------------------------------------
BP Animations Scheme

#25 weigo

weigo
  • Modder
  • 130 posts

Posted 26 November 2005 - 08:10 AM

I do know only that you can't enter neither lighthouse nor any other houses there in BGT. Does that Sirine's Call v4 make them accessible?

Yes it does. Its a small quest about the lost boy, some pirates and the sirines north of the lighthouse.

Edited by weigo, 26 November 2005 - 08:10 AM.

Modification:

BP-BGT-Worldmap-v6.6 (Download)

#26 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 26 November 2005 - 04:44 PM

Check the Search map. I would think there is a gray area across here that is keeping you from being able to walk closer to the door. Wouldn't the Sirine's Call mod have a fixed areaSR.BMP file?

Tired of Bhaal? Try some classics mods instead:
Classic Adventures
Official Classic Adventures Website

#27 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 26 November 2005 - 04:46 PM

Check the Search map. I would think there is a gray area across here that is keeping you from being able to walk closer to the door. Wouldn't the Sirine's Call mod have a fixed areaSR.BMP file?

Fixed now. Interestingly, no, yet no one on the Tutu front has complained.

--------------
Retired Modder

#28 hlidskialf

hlidskialf

Incarnation of the Eternal Ale Warrior

• Modder
  • 2510 posts

Posted 09 December 2005 - 04:41 PM

*Looks for a copy of the converter...*

The great wolf Fenrir gapes ever at the dwelling of the gods.

#29 Ghreyfain

Ghreyfain
  • 137 posts

Posted 14 December 2005 - 12:57 PM

The file SirinesCall/Areas/Lighthouse/fw3600sr.bmp is copied over to allow the player entrance to the lighthouse areas.

#30 amazinggameguru

amazinggameguru

Spellhold Inmate

• 188 posts

Posted 15 December 2005 - 10:13 AM

One of the changes that was made in the old BP-BGT was a change to NPC stats and a change to NPC classes/kits. I would love to see this re-introduced as an optional tweak
There are 10 types of people in this world.
Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

#31 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 15 December 2005 - 09:24 PM

One of the changes that was made in the old BP-BGT was a change to NPC stats and a change to NPC classes/kits. I would love to see this re-introduced as an optional tweak

I think this was part of BP. I'll see if horred has any cleaned up remnants of that...else, I will see if Tutu has anything to offer.

Edited by Ascension64, 15 December 2005 - 09:24 PM.

--------------
Retired Modder

#32 Chevalier

Chevalier

Knight of the Realms

• Modder
  • 2405 posts

Posted 15 December 2005 - 10:04 PM

See if you can find Horred, while you're at it. <_<

I Ride for the King!

a.k.a. Chev

#33 -grogerson-

-grogerson-

Posted 16 December 2005 - 11:49 AM

Along the lines of amazinggameguru's comment, I found a "happy party" tweak for BG1, but none seems to exist for BGT-WeiDU BG1 portion... :Poke:

I like the idea of Viconia - the best cleric in the game - "learning some basics" of good and evil before SoA/ToB, especially from a good cleric or paladin, and a high rep... Of course, Kivan and Ajantis could still be problems... :whistling: )

#34 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 16 December 2005 - 03:02 PM

Along the lines of amazinggameguru's comment, I found a "happy party" tweak for BG1, but none seems to exist for BGT-WeiDU BG1 portion... :Poke:

I like the idea of Viconia - the best cleric in the game - "learning some basics" of good and evil before SoA/ToB, especially from a good cleric or paladin, and a high rep... Of course, Kivan and Ajantis could still be problems... :whistling: )

I am not sure how the 'happy party' tweak works exactly, so could you give me a brief rundown of the mechanics you would like to see in such a component?

--------------
Retired Modder

#35 -grogerson-

-grogerson-

Posted 19 December 2005 - 05:19 AM

I'm no modder, Ascension, so I can only tell you what I've understood in my quest to change the Viconia.CRE. I've looked in NI but can't find the BreakingPoint command for her, though I know it exists.

I suppose what the BG1 Happy Party tweak does is disable the BreakingPoint trigger in regard to reputation, much like the Sabre/Richardson tweak does in Weimer's Ease-of-Use package I suppose.

I'm only guessing about this, however... :unsure:

The idea of the interpersonal conflicts between party members, and the coded hostility toward Viconia does still appeal to me. This orphan/exile drow staying with a good PC for her own protection makes sense to me ("You are useful to me...").

The implications do lend themselves to possibilities... :whistling:

I hope this helps...

#36 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 19 December 2005 - 05:23 AM

I'm no modder, Ascension, so I can only tell you what I've understood in my quest to change the Viconia.CRE. I've looked in NI but can't find the BreakingPoint command for her, though I know it exists.

I suppose what the BG1 Happy Party tweak does is disable the BreakingPoint trigger in regard to reputation, much like the Sabre/Richardson tweak does in Weimer's Ease-of-Use package I suppose.

I'm only guessing about this, however... :unsure:

The idea of the interpersonal conflicts between party members, and the coded hostility toward Viconia does still appeal to me. This orphan/exile drow staying with a good PC for her own protection makes sense to me ("You are useful to me...").

The implications do lend themselves to possibilities... :whistling:

I hope this helps...

I understand, the NPCs don't get angry at the state of the party and leave. I'll take a look at it and see what I can do.

--------------
Retired Modder