Photo

Testing & Playing

• Please log in to reply
137 replies to this topic

#121 Vlad

Vlad
  • 577 posts

Posted 07 January 2006 - 03:42 AM

But before that happens, he would probably attack the party rather than join it.

Well, I didn't expect such a bad attitude from him but it is actually what happened in my game.

#122 Vlad

Vlad
  • 577 posts

Posted 08 January 2006 - 05:44 PM

So Asc... is ZETA the last version and then you'll release only patches or do you plan to release the new full version of BGT with patches? I'd like to know this before I make my own fix-tweak pack. I've taken a look into transition dialogue with Belt (BELTBRD.CRE) and the following cutscene, and now it looks very nice. Unfortunately I didn't find Semaj's cloak (CLCK33.ITM). Why did you remove it. May I bring it back in my tweak pack? Also there will be several new components already in BGT inherited from NeJ2:

Real Boo (Minsc's Familiar)
Charming Rogue Imoen's Kit (continuous + new Imoen's portrait of my art)
Jaheira's Priest of Sylvanus Kit (+ new Jaheira's portrait of my art)
Answerer +2 Long Sword instead of Flame Tongue +4

By the way in ARD011.ARE there is an undetactable Trap 4 (1533,1503). Please change the flag for this trigger.

That crazy doppelganger gone in panic (GDO72PP) now follows me to each area (where I have a save I see him in .ARE file) - you know this bad effect of slipping such stuck creatures into each area where you move. The same happens with Aataq whom you met in AR0602 and he follows you then to each area just because of his bad script.

I saw you've already fixed MISC83 and MISC3I items so I will remove my fixes then. Did you also fixed OGREMIRI.CRE who should drop BGMISC3I instead of MISC3I, and MIRIAN.D accepting that letter?

#123 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 08 January 2006 - 05:52 PM

So Asc... is ZETA the last version and then you'll release only patches or do you plan to release the new full version of BGT with patches?

There will be a version 1.00, and possibly more if bugs still exist. I am very likely going to overhaul the installation process yet again, that is, if I can twist the bigg's a little bit more. :)

I'd like to know this before I make my own fix-tweak pack. I've taken a look into transition dialogue with Belt (BELTBRD.CRE) and the following cutscene, and now it looks very nice.

If you have downloaded ZETA and have a savegame just before the transition, you could just have a look once more at what is there. It is largely reduced, although I will see what you have anyway...

Unfortunately I didn't find Semaj's cloak (CLCK33.ITM). Why did you remove it. May I bring it back in my tweak pack?

Semaj's cloak is now in BGT Tweak Pack. The importation script will also be there in v3 of the Tweak pack. So you don't need to do this.

Also there will be several new components already in BGT inherited from NeJ2:

Real Boo (Minsc's Familiar)
Charming Rogue Imoen's Kit (continuous + new Imoen's portrait of my art)
Jaheira's Priest of Sylvanus Kit (+ new Jaheira's portrait of my art)
Answerer +2 Long Sword instead of Flame Tongue +4

Already in BGT? Or do you mean your Tweak Pack has implemented them?

By the way in ARD011.ARE there is an undetactable Trap 4 (1533,1503). Please change the flag for this trigger.

OK, will check this out.

That crazy doppelganger gone in panic (GDO72PP) now follows me to each area (where I have a save I see him in .ARE file) - you know this bad effect of slipping such stuck creatures into each area where you move.

I've fixed this differently for version 1.00. The exits won't be deactivated anymore.

The same happens with Aataq whom you met in AR0602 and he follows you then to each area just because of his bad script.

I don't change Aataqah except for Imoen->Imoen2. What happened there?

I saw you've already fixed MISC83 and MISC3I items so I will remove my fixes then. Did you also fixed OGREMIRI.CRE who should drop BGMISC3I instead of MISC3I, and MIRIAN.D accepting that letter?

These have been fixed.

Thanks very much again for the kind help!

EDIT: Oh, and could you make a readme list of the tweaks/fixes you do for a reference, rather than just plain files?

Edited by Ascension64, 08 January 2006 - 05:59 PM.

--------------
Retired Modder
Note: I do not respond to profile comments/personal messages in regards to troubleshooting my modifications. Please post on the public forums instead.

Baldur's Gate Trilogy-WeiDU and Mods
Throne of Bhaal Extender (TobEx)

Contributions: (NWN2) A Deathstalker (voice acting) - (IWD2) IWD2 NPC Project (soundset editing) - (Misc) SHS PC Soundsets (voice acting)
Legacy: (BG/Tutu/BGT) Beregost Crash Fixer 1.9 (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Enable conversations with charmed/dominated creatures (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Experience Corrections (18 Jul 10) - (Misc) Platform Conversion Utility RC2 (13 Feb 10)

#124 Vlad

Vlad
  • 577 posts

Posted 09 January 2006 - 06:27 AM

It is largely reduced, although I will see what you have anyway...

Yes, I meant this. I checked the ZETA version transition and it looks fine. I have a few concerns which I'll discuss below.

Already in BGT? Or do you mean your Tweak Pack has implemented them?

I meant the TweakPack. I'm currently waiting for horred's fixes on Boo.

I don't change Aataqah except for Imoen->Imoen2. What happened there?

Sure you didn't. It is an old BioWare's bug that Aataqah becomes stuck in AR0602, and hence follows you to each area you visit. Just take a look into your saved game.

Now lets's talk about AR0602.BCS. There are two blocks inside:

IF
	Global("IHavePants","GLOBAL",1)
THEN
	RESPONSE #100
		SetGlobal("IHavePants","GLOBAL",2)
		ActionOverride("Picture1",CreateItem("MISC47",0,0,0)) // Golden Pantaloons
		Continue()
END

and

IF
	Global("BG1Pantaloons","GLOBAL",0)
	PartyHasItem("MISC47") // Golden Pantaloons
THEN
	RESPONSE #100
		SetGlobal("BG1Pantaloons","GLOBAL",1)
		ActionOverride("Picture1",CreateItem("MISC47",0,0,0)) // Golden Pantaloons
		Continue()
END

I think one of them is obsolete, or at least you can combine them in a single block in order not to multiply a number of pantaloons in the area. :lol:

Now I have a problem with this block:

IF
	Global("ImoenImport","GLOBAL",0)
	Global("ImoenPartyBG1","GLOBAL",1)
THEN
	RESPONSE #100
		SetGlobal("ImoenImport","GLOBAL",1)
		ReallyForceSpellRES("ImPORT","Imoen2") // No such index
		ActionOverride("Imoen2",DestroyAllEquipment())
		ActionOverride("Imoen2",ChangeAIScript("Imoen",OVERRIDE))
		ActionOverride("Imoen2",ChangeAIScript("",GENERAL))
		ActionOverride("Imoen2",ChangeAIScript("wtasight",DEFAULT))
		ActionOverride("Imoen2",SetDialog("Imoen10"))
		ActionOverride("Imoen2",SetNumTimesTalkedTo(0))
		ActionOverride("Imoen2",CreateItem("Imoenhp1",0,0,0)) // Imoen's Belt
		ActionOverride("Imoen2",FillSlot(SLOT_BELT))
		Continue()
END

First of all what does this spell ImPORT do? If it only changes the portrait then it shouldn't be use because then the player looses his/her favourite Imoen's portrait. Second, you set OVERRIDE script to IMOEN and not IMOEN2. Why? The following two lines should be removed because the belt interferes in NeJ2:

ActionOverride("Imoen2",CreateItem("Imoenhp1",0,0,0)) // Imoen's Belt
		ActionOverride("Imoen2",FillSlot(SLOT_BELT))

Now as I see from the script there is no more option for player to choose original Imoen with her script IMOEN.BCS so the player is forced to always play her as a charming rogue because Imoen10 now is actually Imoen2:

IF
	Global("ImoenImport","GLOBAL",0)
	Global("ImoenPartyBG1","GLOBAL",0)
THEN
	RESPONSE #100
		SetGlobal("ImoenImport","GLOBAL",1)
		CreateCreature("Imoen10",[3198.2837],6) // Imoen
		SetGlobal("SPRITE_IS_DEADIMOEN2","GLOBAL",0)
		Continue()
END

But if the player has never joined Imoen and wishes to join her original version with the belt and so on, or if the player doesn't install NeJ2, then we should take such an option in consideration. Therefore I propose to preserve the original Imoen in BG2 and doesn't change her to Imoen2.

[EDIT] I suggest to make an additional Imoen with Imoen.BCS already in BG1, and all the related scripts and dialogues to split in two copies as I did in NeJ2.

[EDIT2] Well, it is a lot of work I know, so I suggest instead to turn Imoen's Kit into obligatory component if players decide to combine NeJ2 and BGT.

Edited by Vlad, 09 January 2006 - 06:50 AM.

#125 King Diamond

King Diamond

Give Me Your Soul...Please

• Modder
  • 1430 posts

Posted 09 January 2006 - 07:21 AM

First of all what does this spell ImPORT do? If it only changes the portrait then it shouldn't be use because then the player looses his/her favourite Imoen's portrait. Second, you set OVERRIDE script to IMOEN and not IMOEN2. Why? The following two lines should be removed because the belt interferes in NeJ2:

1) All BG1 portraits are being changed to BG2 versions in the transition. And why don't you say: "...to gain his/her favourite Imoen's portrait at last..." ;)
2) IMOEN.BCS is her script for Irenicus dungeon an only for that pre-Spellhold time. It wouldn't be reasonable to mix everything in one pot merging all stuff in IMOEN2.
3) I just don't know. Does NEJ2 has another Immy's belt or something to keep her alive?

Edited by King Diamond, 09 January 2006 - 07:24 AM.

(last update: 02-12-2008)
----------------------------------------------
SoS, v1.13
TDD, v1.12
TS-BP, v6.10
CtB, v1.11
RoT, v2.1
BP Animations Scheme

#126 Vlad

Vlad
  • 577 posts

Posted 09 January 2006 - 08:03 AM

2) IMOEN.BCS is her script for Irenicus dungeon an only for that pre-Spellhold time.

Well, you have invented a wheel. ;)

You don't know what we are talking about. In NeJ2 there should be two versions of Imoen for player's choice. Otherwise her kit should be made obligatory for all players.

It wouldn't be reasonable to mix everything in one pot merging all stuff in IMOEN2.

I agree with you but then Raph should work hard to split and differentiate everything between IMOEN and IMOEN2 as I did in NeJ2. And we don't want that he works hard. :D

3) I just don't know. Does NEJ2 has another Immy's belt or something to keep her alive?

I have intentionally removed her belt. You don't need to keep her alive if you don't wish and you always can resurrect her. I was tired from her panic behaviour through SoW, and inability to equip her a good belt. Also she cannot escape in SoW and return back to Irenicus dungeon on her own. It makes the scenaro very bad. If you really want to prevent her from instant death you may do this in script.

Edited by Vlad, 09 January 2006 - 08:16 AM.

#127 King Diamond

King Diamond

Give Me Your Soul...Please

• Modder
  • 1430 posts

Posted 09 January 2006 - 08:29 AM

You don't know what we are talking about. In NeJ2 there should be two versions of Imoen for player's choice. Otherwise her kit should be made obligatory for all players.

I only know that we should talk about NEJ2 compatibility section for BGT in that case. If NEJ2 is going to be installed first and already has much of that you're talking about done it will be smart just not to touch the working stuff. :)

And of course it should be passed through one's hard work... :D

(last update: 02-12-2008)
SoS, v1.13
TDD, v1.12
TS-BP, v6.10
CtB, v1.11
RoT, v2.1
BP Animations Scheme

#128 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 10 January 2006 - 02:24 AM

On pantaloons, only one script block will EVER trigger of the two. The IHavePants is for the transition, and will only fire for the transition. The BioWare-resident BG1Pantaloons script block will ONLY fire if the player decides to start from SoA. So, I don't think there is a problem with this one.

On ImPORT, yes, the portrait changes. However, I think in the interests of SoA 'tradition' (something I try not to touch as much as possible), I should be conventional and force that change. If people want to change it, they can add custom files to their override as far as I am concerned on this matter.

On SLOT_BELT, OK, this can be done. However, some instability issues might result if Imoen doesn't run away when she gets to 1 HP. Someone will have to test this. Vlad, if Immy dies during NeJ, does she appear in the Cowled Enforcers vs. Irenicus vs. Imoen cutscene? And Spellhold?

On the two copies of Imoen, I think both Vlad and KD misunderstand what BGT does to Imoen. Hence, I give a number of scenarios and their outcomes:

1. BGT-WeiDU is installed only. All of Imoen DV is changed to Imoen2 DV to guarantee continuity.
2. NeJ2 is installed without Custom Imoen Kit, then BGT-WeiDU is installed. NeJ2 doesn't touch Imoen DV. BGT, however changes all of Imoen DV to Imoen2 DV to guarantee continuity. Since NeJ2 dialogues take Imoen2 DV into account anyway, compatibility is maintained.
3. NeJ2 is installed with Custom Imoen Kit, then BGT-WeiDU is installed. NeJ2 doesn't touch Imoen DV. Custom Imoen Kit changes all instances of Imoen DV to Imoen2 DV to guarantee continuity. When BGT-WeiDU is installed, it acknowledges the changes by Custom Imoen Kit and doesn't alter Imoen2 DV any further.
4. Only Custom Imoen Kit is installed, then BGT-WeiDU. This might not even install, but the same as 3 occurs.

Therefore, people still have a choice if they want the Custom Imoen Kit or not, with the choice being: do I install that component, or do I not install that component? However, installation of Custom Imoen Kit MUST GO BEFORE BGT-WeiDU...that means that choosing whether to use Charming Rogue is will have to be a pre-meditated decision, i.e. you can't install the kit, then BGT-WeiDU, then decide you don't want the Charming Rogue kit, WITHOUT re-installing BGT-WeiDU AND starting a new game. That is the price of compatibility with the kit, unfortunately.

For Vlad, if that is not clear yet...BGT-WeiDU doesn't automatically install any new kits to Imoen. It just makes her continuous.

--------------
Retired Modder
Note: I do not respond to profile comments/personal messages in regards to troubleshooting my modifications. Please post on the public forums instead.

Contributions: (NWN2) A Deathstalker (voice acting) - (IWD2) IWD2 NPC Project (soundset editing) - (Misc) SHS PC Soundsets (voice acting)
Legacy: (BG/Tutu/BGT) Beregost Crash Fixer 1.9 (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Enable conversations with charmed/dominated creatures (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Experience Corrections (18 Jul 10) - (Misc) Platform Conversion Utility RC2 (13 Feb 10)

#129 Vlad

Vlad
  • 577 posts

Posted 11 January 2006 - 12:26 PM

Now it's looks sorted out. I still have a logical problem with Jaheira's and Minsc's continuity. It really bothers me, particularly Jaheira's dialogues and Khalid's body in AR0603. The whole idea of Jaheira's romance and her banters with PC is built around Khalid's death by hand of Irenicus but I know that Khalid has been slain near Beregost, and I really don't like her dialogues now. That is why I've decided to remove her from BG2 if SPRITE_IS_DEADKHALID = 1, otherwise it requires considearble efforts to revise all her dialogues, and I don't see any reason to do so. If you really like Jaheira and want to get her in BG2, then please take care about Khalid in BG1 - this should be clearly stated in BGT ReadMe.

With respect to Minsc's continuity, I'll change a bit his starting dialogue, and basically this is all what needs to be done. If Monty is dead I'll just make minor modification in Xzar's dialogue as well.

#130 Anakashar

Anakashar
  • 17 posts

Posted 11 January 2006 - 12:45 PM

When I did the transition from BG to SoA, I checked the portrait and got the pantaloons.. then immediately, a 2nd pair appeared. So I know how two pairs of pantaloons. I also read that I would find some of my old items if I did the transition, but so far I've found nothing but the default SoA items. (I used the "more items imported" tweak from v2)

#131 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 11 January 2006 - 06:56 PM

When I did the transition from BG to SoA, I checked the portrait and got the pantaloons.. then immediately, a 2nd pair appeared. So I know how two pairs of pantaloons. I also read that I would find some of my old items if I did the transition, but so far I've found nothing but the default SoA items. (I used the "more items imported" tweak from v2)

What do you mean when you say a second pair 'immediately' appeared? Did it just appear out of thin air?

With the item importation, ZETA has actually broken it, but it will be fixed. This means that installing the tweak ultimately doesn't do anything at the moment. Sorry about that.

--------------
Retired Modder

#132 Anakashar

Anakashar
  • 17 posts

Posted 11 January 2006 - 07:28 PM

I clicked on the pantaloons to loot them, then about 1 second later, the second pair of pantaloons appeared in the portrait.. i think i have a save game right before it, but not exactly sure. I can make a save right before it, though.

Edit: Yep, I do have a saved game right before it happens. Walk over with Imoen, detect the trap on the portrait, disarm it, pick lock on portrait, loot pants, 2nd pair of pants appeared very shortly after.

Edited by Anakashar, 11 January 2006 - 07:32 PM.

#133 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 11 January 2006 - 09:55 PM

I clicked on the pantaloons to loot them, then about 1 second later, the second pair of pantaloons appeared in the portrait.. i think i have a save game right before it, but not exactly sure. I can make a save right before it, though.

Edit: Yep, I do have a saved game right before it happens. Walk over with Imoen, detect the trap on the portrait, disarm it, pick lock on portrait, loot pants, 2nd pair of pants appeared very shortly after.

Ok, I'll check this out. Did you have the pantaloons in party when you did the transition?

--------------
Retired Modder

#134 Anakashar

Anakashar
  • 17 posts

Posted 11 January 2006 - 10:06 PM

I had them on.. either Imoen or my main character (elf archer)

#135 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 12 January 2006 - 04:56 AM

You don't happen to be using ronin69hof's BG2SoA Item import mod do you? The item importation in BGT-WeiDU is currently positively broken...

--------------
Retired Modder

#136 horred the plague

horred the plague

Scourge of the Seven Seas

• Modder
  • 1899 posts

Posted 12 January 2006 - 05:16 AM

You don't happen to be using ronin69hof's BG2SoA Item import mod do you? The item importation in BGT-WeiDU is currently positively broken...

I had the same thing happen, without this mod. I've checked the AR0602 script, and the block is in there twice. One block checks for "IHavePants","GLOBAL",0--the other for "BG1Pantaloons","GLOBAL",0. While they both also have a check for PartyHasItem("MISC47"), you use Continue() with both of these (and many other) blocks. Scripts do not recognize GLOBAL changes, and apparently new item acquisitions as well, before the script has completed its parsing for that segment (they parse 1/second). In this case, removing the extra block will fix it---but heed the warning on Continue(), I've been spouting about it for years now. ;)

#137 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 12 January 2006 - 05:32 AM

I had the same thing happen, without this mod. I've checked the AR0602 script, and the block is in there twice. One block checks for "IHavePants","GLOBAL",0--the other for "BG1Pantaloons","GLOBAL",0. While they both also have a check for PartyHasItem("MISC47"), you use Continue() with both of these (and many other) blocks. Scripts do not recognize GLOBAL changes, and apparently new item acquisitions as well, before the script has completed its parsing for that segment (they parse 1/second). In this case, removing the extra block will fix it---but heed the warning on Continue(), I've been spouting about it for years now. ;)

OK, fixed...GLOBAL does get updated. I added SetGlobal("BG1Pantaloons","GLOBAL",1) to the Response block for the IHavePants one and two pantaloons didn't show up. However, I am puzzled as to how the Pantaloons get detected in the first place.

If you have a look at ARAM00.BCS, you will notice that the OnCreation() block causes all players to DestroyAllEquipment() BEFORE I check the items (hmm, very bad), so I won't expect any items to be InParty() when the checks are done. I have fixed this for the next version, but I don't understand how the item can be InParty() when I destroyed all their equipment first?!?

Also, Anakashar noted that his items that would be imported didn't get imported. How did the pantaloons get past this?!?

--------------
Retired Modder

#138 Anakashar

Anakashar
  • 17 posts

Posted 12 January 2006 - 07:50 AM

I didn't have that mod installed, just the plain BGT core and a few tweaks.

And from what I've been reading, that really is a strange occurence.