Lobar

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#21 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 18 April 2006 - 03:21 AM

Well I can't repeat your problem. I see the dialog options in his dialog file. If you didn't talk to Hasdar before talking to Lobar, you will not get the dialog option about the book. If you talk to Lobar about trying to steal from his patrons, you will not get to talk about the book either. If you are rude to Lobar, you will not get the option to talk about the book.

Very simply, if you had talked to Hasdar and he said to talk to Lobar, than one of the first options with Lobar is the book. If you have already talked to Lobar prior, the option is still there, but only if he isn't already mad at you for something you said prior. In other words, be nice to Lobar and the book dialog is there.

Tired of Bhaal? Try some classics mods instead:
Classic Adventures
Official Classic Adventures Website

#22 jakgrant

jakgrant
  • 20 posts

Posted 14 August 2006 - 12:29 AM

*sigh* Well, after reading this thread it seems, I just won't be able to complete this quest, because I talked to Lobar not long after I hit Baldu'rs Gate itself, and I was nice to him. But now after trying to do the book quest. I only get one dialog option with Lobar, which number wise is an option "2: Welcome. We come here on business. We are interested in a certain book", and then the conversation stops. There is no option 1: or any other dialog numbered options, and I did actually download the most recent I believe DSotSC and NTotSC mods. I've also talked to Shaella twice and Hasdar once who told me to go and speak to Lobar, and I'd told Shaella I didn't find any book, and she said I had :-/ So whatever was fixed and patched, still wasn't fixed or patched it seems in the mods I downloaded in the last month or so. What I installed was the following: DSotSC4BGTWeidu185WM6 and NTotSC4BGTWeidu145WM6. I haven't been told anything about going back to the Blushing Mermaid Inn. So unelss there is another way to complete the quest, I'm going to have to pass, it's just annoying that I wasn't aware you weren't meant to speak to Lobar early. As for those .dlg and .d files mentioned in this thread, I have no idea how to install them at all, I tried to set up DLTCEP but I couldn't get it to run at all :(

#23 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 21 August 2006 - 01:27 PM

Right off hand I don't see anything wrong with Lobar's dialog file. Just use the console to do the following:

SetGlobal("TalkedToLobarMage","GLOBAL",1)

This will trigger the next person who is at the Blushing Mermaid, he is sitting down at a table.

Classic Adventures

#24 erebusant

erebusant

It takes a village...

• Modder
  • 2109 posts

Posted 21 August 2006 - 03:19 PM

Right off hand I don't see anything wrong with Lobar's dialog file. Just use the console to do the following:

SetGlobal("TalkedToLobarMage","GLOBAL",1)

This will trigger the next person who is at the Blushing Mermaid, he is sitting down at a table.

His name is Oupaste or something like that and I had to talk with him 4 times to get him to mention the book, but he did mention it.

It takes a village...

#25 Bloodtitan

Bloodtitan
  • 406 posts

Posted 21 August 2006 - 11:45 PM

... and do NOT "charm" him like the walkthrough says - that will just do what a normal charm spell does - add him to your control and make him hostile when the spell ends.

#26 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 22 August 2006 - 03:39 AM

I think the "charm" issue comes with the BG2 engine. I have noticed that many creatures/NPCs in BG1 have a special dialog if they are in a "Charmed" state. But in BG2, this doesn't work. As you point out, the creature will turn hostile instead. They also never talk and if you try to start a dialog, you get a message from the game stating that controlled creatures cannot talk. Therefore, not every trick in BG1 works in BG2!

Classic Adventures

#27 melkor_morgoth75

melkor_morgoth75

Lord

• Modder
  • 1509 posts

Posted 05 September 2006 - 03:57 AM

Regarding Lobar ... sorry Sir BB ;)

I've talked to him BEFORE let's say the NTotSC story. Ok, i knew i should be able to talk to him again ... but when i got the quest from Haeball (i killed, hasdar) he didn't offer me anything. Or ... better. Just imoen with a char=20 could open a dialogue which is broken because it ends immediately. Any other NPC (nor my character) can speak about the book with him :(

mm75

Tired of the same boring spawned creatures u face in BG? Try BGSpawn

#28 Rubberduck

Rubberduck
  • 171 posts

Posted 16 September 2006 - 01:21 AM

This guy really is a mess. Just after doing everything point by point as discribed in the walktrough i managed to get this quest done. Somebody said this before but these mods a quite unsatisfying. Don't tell me they are ment to be hard cause this is fine with me, they are nearly all quite unsolvable if you don't talk to people in an exact order. This is impossible if you don't read all walktroughs BEFORE you play that game. Besides i think those mods are great regarding maps and storyline but lack a working trigger solution for different types of individual gameplay.

Regarding Lobar i also had to use CLUA different times for every person involved. Finally i got the same problem with Lobar as many others. I said that i am looking for a certain book and he answers something that leaves me with an empty dialog box.

In the Solitary Valley i couldn't talk to the demons. Their dialogs were totally screwed up. They looked as if my answers should have been their questions :wacko: Just had to finish them all off :devil: So i never got this bow quest. Gonna have to live with this :huh:
I experienced this bug (?) also with that SirBillyBob guy in SoBH :mellow:

In the Northern Citadel Quest after finishing and talking to Lenore she acts if i encountered her the first time. Seems like some quests are triggered to start again.

Also (don't know who's to blame for that) the diary entries are not updated correctly, simply missing, not removed after finishing or mixed up with others.

The ranger Kivan i had to get rid off cause he was starting dialogues all over again after entering a wood area in the south (forgot where exactly - no loss at all).

I came to the conclusion that i'll leave the BG1NPC Pack out of my next install. Additional dialogues are fine but i guess they are the main reason for screwed dialogues.

By the way, does anyone know in which file i can find the ending text for ToB? I mean the one in which the later history of my char and romance is discribed. Gonna have to change this damn sad ending for me and Vicci :wub:

Just to have you take a closer professional look at my game:

Oh, game language is german. I think another reason may be that some mod installation broke up after choosing (the included and supported) german language. I had to use english and that finally worked.

// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods
// The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod
// ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [Subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name
~SETUP-BD-TOB.TP2~ #1 #0 // Baldurdash Fix Pack fuer ToB, v1.5 WeiDU
~SETUP-BD-TOB.TP2~ #1 #2 // Textupdatepack -> Deutsche Korrektur von Textfehlern v2.1
~SETUP-SOS.TP2~ #0 #0 // Shadows Over Soubar, v1.11
~SETUP-TDD.TP2~ #0 #0 // The Darkest Day, v1.11
~SETUP-TDD.TP2~ #0 #1 // TDD Character Kits
~SETUP-CTB.TP2~ #0 #0 // Check The Bodies, v1.8
~SETUP-CTB-CHORES.TP2~ #0 #0 // Candlekeep Chores, v2.0
~SETUP-TS-BP.TP2~ #0 #0 // TORTURED SOULS v6.09 (BP Compatible Version)
~SETUP-BGT.TP2~ #3 #0 // Baldur's Gate Trilogy - Hauptteil 1.01
~SETUP-DSOTSC.TP2~ #1 #0 // DSotSC fuer BGT-Weidu v1.85 Mod
~SETUP-NTOTSC.TP2~ #0 #0 // NTotSC for BGT-Weidu v1.45 Mod
~SETUP-BONEHILL.TP2~ #1 #0 // Bone Hill-Mod v2.05 (Setzt BGT-Weidu oder Tutu voraus),
~SETUP-BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #0 // The BG1 NPC Project for BGT: Core Install
~SETUP-BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #1 // The BG1 NPC Project for BGT-Weidu: Phase I (Banters)
~SETUP-BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #2 // The BG1 NPC Project for BGT-Weidu: Phase II (Quests and Interjections)
~SETUP-BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #3 // Jason Compton's Accelerated Banter Script.
~SETUP-BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #6 // Give Edwin his BG2 portrait.
~SETUP-BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #7 // Give Imoen her BG2 portrait.
~SETUP-BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #8 // Give Jaheira her BG2 portrait.
~SETUP-BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #9 // Give Minsc his BG2 portrait.
~SETUP-BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #10 // Give Viconia her BG2 portrait.
~SETUP-BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #14 // Non-joinable character portraits
~SETUP-BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #15 // Coran's Romance Core (Rated: R)
~SETUP-BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #16 // Placeholder 1: New Quests
~SETUP-BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #17 // Dynaheir's Romance Core (Rated PG13)
~SETUP-BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #18 // Shar-Teel Relationship Core (Rated R)
~SETUP-BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #19 // Branwen's Romance Core (Rated PG13)
~SETUP-BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #21 // Xan's Romance Core (Rated PG13)
~SETUP-BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #22 // Ajantis Romance Core (Rated PG13)
~SETUP-BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #23 // Female Romance Challenges
~SETUP-BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #26 // Coran's Romance Speed -> Coran's Romance Speed (30 minutes)
~SETUP-BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #30 // Dynaheir's Romance Speed -> Dynaheir's Romance Speed: 30 minutes
~SETUP-BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #34 // Xan's Romance Speed -> Xan's Romance Speed: 30 minutes
~SETUP-BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #38 // Shar-Teel's Romance Speed -> Shar-Teel's Relationship Speed: 30 minutes
~SETUP-BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #42 // Branwen's Romance Speed -> Branwen's Romance Speed: 30 minutes
~SETUP-BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #46 // Ajantis' Romance Speed -> Ajantis' Romance Speed: 30 minutes
~SETUP-BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #100 // Install Player-Initiated Dialogues
~SETUP-BG1NPC112.TP2~ #0 #0 // Install BGT patch 11.2 for BG1NPC
~SETUP-ITEMUPGRADE.TP2~ #2 #0 // Verbesserte Ausrüstung für 'Die Schatten von Amn'
~SETUP-ITEMUPGRADE.TP2~ #2 #1 // Verbesserte Ausrüstung für 'Thron des Bhaal'
~SETUP-DARKRITUAL.TP2~ #0 #0 // Dark Ritual
~SETUP-DARKRITUAL.TP2~ #0 #1 // Improved Cult of the Unseeing Eye
~SETUP-DARKRITUAL.TP2~ #0 #2 // Improved Harper Fight
~SETUP-DARKRITUAL.TP2~ #0 #3 // CoM Store 1
~SETUP-DSOA.TP2~ #0 #0 // Kensai Ryu's Deeper Shadows of Amn v2.2
~SETUP-DSOA.TP2~ #0 #1 // Difficult Brown Dragon
~SETUP-DSOA.TP2~ #0 #2 // Improved Copper Coronet
~SETUP-DSOA.TP2~ #0 #3 // Improved Crypt King
~SETUP-DSOA.TP2~ #0 #4 // Ghost Shadow Dragon
~SETUP-DSOA.TP2~ #0 #5 // Gnome Fighter/Illusionist Encounter
~SETUP-DSOA.TP2~ #0 #6 // Grothgar the Red Dragon
~SETUP-DSOA.TP2~ #0 #7 // Improved Kangaxx
~SETUP-DSOA.TP2~ #0 #8 // Curse of the Underground Shade Lord
~SETUP-DOS25.TP2~ #0 #0 // Desecration of Souls 2.5
~SETUP-FR_ROV.TP2~ #0 #0 // Freedom's Reign (SoA or ToB)
~SETUP-FR_ROV.TP2~ #0 #1 // Reign of Virtue (ToB)
~SETUP-SELUNEARMOURY.TP2~ #0 #0 // Selune's Armoury v1
~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #3 #0 // Boo's Entführung von Cliffette
~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #3 #1 // Die Suna Seni/Valygar-Beziehung
~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #3 #2 // Kalah und was ihm versprochen wurde
~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #3 #3 // "Katz und Maus" (Bodhi jagt euch durch die Zauberfeste) von Ghreyfain
~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #3 #4 // Gorje Dunkelhügel und die erweiterte Illithium-Quest
~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #3 #5 // Die Pai'Na/Spinnenfluch-Quest
~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #3 #6 // Wiederhergestellter "Krummer Kranich"
~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #3 #7 // Wiederherstellung: Zufallsbegegnungen
~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #3 #8 // Artemis Entreri in Bodhis Lager
~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #3 #9 // Korrigierte "Schöpfungen" Xzars
~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #3 #10 // Wiederhergestellte Höllenkreaturen, von SimDing0
~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #3 #11 // Fix für Gorf den Quetscher, von Gebhard Blucher
~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #3 #12 // Wiederherstellung: Gegenstände
~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #3 #13 // Yoshimos ursprüngliches Porträt
~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #3 #14 // Anomens ursprüngliches Porträt
~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #3 #15 // Wiederherstellung von NPC-Porträts
~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #3 #16 // Korrigierte BAMs
~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #3 #17 // Korrigierte Namen und Biographien der Charaktere
~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #3 #18 // Wiederhergestellte kleinere Dialoge
~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #3 #19 // Wiederhergestellte Bhaalbrut-Kräfte, von David Gaider
~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #3 #20 // Erweiterte Gegenstandsbeschreibungen für ToB
~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #3 #21 // Thron des Bhaal: Kleine Wiederherstellungen
~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #3 #22 // Kit: Rechtfertiger
~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #3 #23 // Kit: Wilder
~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #3 #24 // Sarevok's Remorse
~SETUP-BPV177.TP2~ #1 #1 // Verbesserter Suldanessallar
~SETUP-BPV177.TP2~ #1 #2 // Verbesserter Spellhold
~SETUP-BPV177.TP2~ #1 #4 // Verbesserter Pass über die Kleinen Zähne, von Kensai Ryu
~SETUP-BPV177.TP2~ #1 #5 // Verbesserte Kangaxx Begegnung, von Kensai Ryu
~SETUP-BPV177.TP2~ #1 #6 // Verbesserter Gruftkönig, von Kensai Ryu
~SETUP-BPV177.TP2~ #1 #7 // Gnomischer Kämpfer/Illusionist im Hafenviertel, von Kensai Ryu
~SETUP-BPV177.TP2~ #1 #8 // Verbesserte Zufällige Begegnungen, von Gebhard Blucher und Kensai Ryu
~SETUP-BPV177.TP2~ #1 #9 // Gebhard Bluchers Leiche im Hafenviertel
~SETUP-BPV177.TP2~ #1 #10 // Rotes Wappen, feindliche Begegnung mit Gift, von Westley Weimer
~SETUP-BPV177.TP2~ #1 #11 // Kuroisan der Säure Kensai, von Westley Weimer
~SETUP-BPV177.TP2~ #1 #12 // Das Ritual, von Westley Weimer
~SETUP-BPV177.TP2~ #1 #13 // Improved Xvart Village, for BGT-weidu
~SETUP-BP-BGT-WORLDMAP.TP2~ #1 #0 // Ueberarbeitete Weltkarte fuer Baldurs Gate - Big Picture und kompatible Modifikationen mit farbigen Baldurs Gate Kartenicons -> Installiere neue Weltkarte fuer die Megamodifikation
~SETUP-BP-BGT-WORLDMAP.TP2~ #1 #2 // Benutze die Weltkarte ebenso fuer Thron des Bhaal
~SETUP-GUI.TP2~ #0 #6 // Game Graphical User Interface (GUI) -> "Baldur's Gate Trilogy" (Elminster wielding sword)
~SETUP-GUI.TP2~ #0 #5 // "Tortured Souls" - just nice in-game Fonts

Edited by Rubberduck, 16 September 2006 - 01:25 AM.

#29 Rubberduck

Rubberduck
  • 171 posts

Posted 19 September 2006 - 01:17 AM

By the way, does anyone know in which file i can find the ending text for ToB? I mean the one in which the later history of my char and romance is discribed. Gonna have to change this damn sad ending for me and Vicci :wub:

'cmon guys. Where is it? Is it inside the dialogue.tlk or where else? Help plz :unsure:

#30 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 19 September 2006 - 04:06 AM

All text is in the Dialog.tlk file.

Are you trying to find your ending BIO file or Vicki's? You can use NI to search through the dialog.tlk file for key words. Once you find the string reference you need, you can then edit that string.

Classic Adventures

#31 Rubberduck

Rubberduck
  • 171 posts

Posted 19 September 2006 - 08:40 AM

All text is in the Dialog.tlk file.

Are you trying to find your ending BIO file or Vicki's? You can use NI to search through the dialog.tlk file for key words. Once you find the string reference you need, you can then edit that string.

Will do. Thx SirBB :cheers:

#32 Rubberduck

Rubberduck
  • 171 posts

Posted 20 September 2006 - 12:43 AM

wtf :blink:

When i try to open the dialog.tlk file with NI i git this error message:

error reading dialog.tlk

java.lang.OutOfMemoryError:Java heap space

Any clues?

#33 ScuD

ScuD
  • 492 posts

Posted 20 September 2006 - 05:07 AM

OMG... :)
create a batch file with the following string

@java -Xms128M -Xmx512M -jar NearInfinityBeta.jar

#34 Rubberduck

Rubberduck
  • 171 posts

Posted 20 September 2006 - 07:33 AM

You may call me a noob but what am i supposed to do? :blink:

#35 erebusant

erebusant

It takes a village...

• Modder
  • 2109 posts

Posted 20 September 2006 - 11:39 AM

You may call me a noob but what am i supposed to do? :blink:

Here. Rename it as NI.bat instead of ni.txt and make sure the file type is "all files"

Attached Files

• Attached File  NI.txt   49bytes   263 downloads

It takes a village...

#36 Rubberduck

Rubberduck
  • 171 posts

Posted 20 September 2006 - 11:24 PM

Thank you :hug:

It works fine!

#37 gamer99

gamer99
  • 10 posts

Posted 22 September 2006 - 10:48 PM

Here is my solution of the prolem. Actually I think this come from a bug in the game engine. In a dialogue state block, if you put something after the line "IF ~~ THEN EXIT" it just won't show up correctly. To get it work, you have to add a reply text to it. So there is nothing wrong with Sir BB's code unless you have to deal with this bug to get it to work. :) In that case Sir BB's attached correct LOBAR.d file is also still bugged.
So if you talk to Lobar again, when he say"Hello again. A pleasure..." I just add some reply text like "Thanks. We are leaving. Bye now." (Or you can change it to whatever you feel appropriate to say here.) Also in Sir BB's original Lobar.d file, even if you have paid the 3000 gp, you can still talk about the book when chose the option "Welcome. We come here on business...", and the option "You're gonna prolong this forever? ..." is alway there so you have to pay another 3000 gp if you chose that, or again and again. That dosen't make sense. I changed that too, now if you have paid, you will not get the option to talk about the book anymore.

Ok, here is what you need to do. If you a doing a fresh install, download the attached LOBAR.d file, replace the same file in directory NTotSC\D in your BGII directory before install NTotSC. This file is based on the original file form NTotSC4BGTWeidu145WM6, it just add something to the BGII original LOBAR.dlg file. If you just want to fix you already installed game, don't use this one. Instead download the LOBAR1.d, and the LOBAR1.d is based on Sir BB's attached LOBAR.d file in this thread, which contain the whole contents of the LOBAR.tlk. Then, change LOBAR1.d to LOBAR.d and drop it into you BGII directory, which should be C:\Program Files\Black Isle\BGII - SoA by default if you installed the game on C: driver. Then dlownload the latest WeiDU and drop WeiDU.exe in your BGII directory too. Then go to Command Prompt(Start->All Programs->Accessories->Command Prompt),Type cd C:\Program Files\Black Isle\BGII - SoA then enter, then type weidu LOBAR.d --tlkout dialog.tlk --out override then enter to compile the dialogue. This also add the LOBAR.dlg file in your override folder. Then you are done. Or you can even edit you LOBAR.dlg with NI, but since it difficult to find a proper text reference for what to say, you better avoid that method.

Sorry for the long post. Just want to make sure for some less experienced users to know what to do. :P

Edit: Attach new files due to some errors. Sorry.

!!!Edit: I thought I corrected the name of the file, hmm. Now it is finally right. For those who downloaded the file LOBARB.D, please change the name to LOBAR.D. The contents of the file is correct, just the name is wrong. Sorry about that.

Attached Files

• Attached File  LOBAR1.d   6.21K   257 downloads
  • Attached File  LOBAR.D   1.38K   283 downloads

Edited by gamer99, 24 September 2006 - 11:27 PM.