Photo

Separate components?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Imrahil

Imrahil
  • 64 posts

Posted 08 December 2005 - 09:01 PM

Is it possible (well, ok, I'm reasonably sure it's possible, I guess I'm really asking if it might happen) to separate the "Many of the original in-game NPC's have gained portraits" portion into a separate, optional component? I'd like to be able to install the portraits even when I don't plan on doing TLR in a particular install. I tend to re-install fairly often, only selecting the MOD's I want for a couple of run-throughs, then re-install again for the next set of run-throughs, but would like to have the new portraits appear even when I'm not planning on playing the Irenicus-related parts of TLR.

- Imrahil

#2 dorotea

dorotea

witch extraordinaire

• Modder
  • 1927 posts

Posted 09 December 2005 - 09:17 AM

Well, I looked into it. The problem is - many of the new portraits are those of new creatures (Rilev, nymphs, Abaia, imps, Ybdiel, yugoloth etc.) What remains if LR is not installed is very little - Gorion, Cespy, Saemon, Chyil, Gambling Cambion, general Jamis, Carston, Cyric, Elmo and Yakman. I am not sure it is worth gutting the mod and offering these portraits as a separate component. Especially since it will require some amount of work on my part - separating bmp's into folders re-writing tp2, etc. I might do it if there were enough voices asking for it. :whistling:

Edited by dorotea, 09 December 2005 - 09:18 AM.

Freedom cannot be equated with goodness, virtue, or perfection. Freedom has its own unique self-contained nature; freedom is freedom ? not universal goodness. Any confusion or deliberate equalization of freedom with goodness and excellence is in itself negation of freedom, and acceptance of the path of restraint and enforcement.

Nikolai Berdyaev - Christian Existentialist, Philosopher of Freedom.

The Longer Road mod
Redemption mod
Bitter Grey Ashes