installation inquiry

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#21 seanas

seanas
  • Modder
  • 1906 posts

Posted 27 January 2006 - 02:31 AM

I very stupid question from noob, I am not sure where to find that BD-weidu 1.5. Can someone please tell me where to find it?

http://america.iegmc...ldurdash-weidu/

"A simple test of the relative merits of science and religion is to compare lighting your house at night by prayer or electricity" - A. C. Grayling
"EFF files have saves, too." - CamDawg
|| this is radio seanas || BP Series v3 || seanas at work ||

#22 John

John
  • 6 posts

Posted 04 February 2006 - 03:12 PM

where can i download all these files im having alot of trouble trying to figure out how to do this....

EDIT: Look at the post right above this one. Go to the "parent directory"

Edited by horred the plague, 21 February 2006 - 05:29 AM.

DaRkJeStEr

#23 seanas

seanas
  • Modder
  • 1906 posts

Posted 04 February 2006 - 03:38 PM

where can i download all these files im having alot of trouble trying to figure out how to do this....

as per my last post, everything - just to be sure, i've reconfirmed - can be found at

http://america.iegmc.net/

Edited by seanas, 04 February 2006 - 03:39 PM.

"A simple test of the relative merits of science and religion is to compare lighting your house at night by prayer or electricity" - A. C. Grayling

#24 John

John
  • 6 posts

Posted 04 February 2006 - 06:59 PM

Ok sorry bothering again but im installin all these files and i notice it says error installing when i click yes and it installs files for a while. is this suppose to happen?
DaRkJeStEr

#25 John

John
  • 6 posts

Posted 05 February 2006 - 01:47 AM

Im new to the forums everyone and im new to the bp. I have the bp and all the files and stuff installed and in the right place, but when i go to play the game i create a character and start the game and it freezes right after the load screen. anyone have anyidea whats happening?
DaRkJeStEr

#26 seanas

seanas
  • Modder
  • 1906 posts

Posted 05 February 2006 - 09:06 AM

what sort of error message does it give? we need more information.

[edit]: merged yr other thread into this one

Edited by seanas, 05 February 2006 - 09:10 AM.

#27 John

John
  • 6 posts

Posted 05 February 2006 - 11:04 AM

iTS Not so much as a error now but when i start a new game and it gets past the loading screen after you create a character it freezes got any idea wahts going on?
DaRkJeStEr

#28 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 17 February 2006 - 12:31 PM

Hi do I really need to follow the version of mods specified above or I can install newer version of these mods or fixes like TDD-Fix6.rar ?

#29 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 17 February 2006 - 12:39 PM

Can I also install BG2ThroneOfBhaalGameTextUpdate12.exe ?

#30 horred the plague

horred the plague

Scourge of the Seven Seas

• Modder
  • 1899 posts

Posted 17 February 2006 - 02:59 PM

In a couple weeks, when I release BP-weidu (beta)--you can install whatever you like. :D

I haven't looked at the text updater mod. If it merely fixes existing TLK strings from ToB, as its title suggests--I see no issue whatsoever. ;)

If you are going to do this with classic BP, follow the instructions TO THE LETTER !!!!!!
No XXX-weidu fix patches allowed! All mentioned versions required.

#31 GAZ

GAZ
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 February 2006 - 11:26 PM

In a couple weeks, when I release BP-weidu (beta)--you can install whatever you like. :D

I haven't looked at the text updater mod. If it merely fixes existing TLK strings from ToB, as its title suggests--I see no issue whatsoever. ;)

If you are going to do this with classic BP, follow the instructions TO THE LETTER !!!!!!

Cant wait for this release horred.
Great work.
As a newbie note - i havent played BG2 in years.
I was browsing around and saw the content and missed the way the game played so much I have gotten back into it.
However ive found it daunting trying to figure out what files to download.
I saw this going on and went and bought a mint copy if BG1 and TOSC just to play BP and BGT
Ive only played the BG2 game and the TOB
So far as of now im holding off till your release shows more clearly what is going on.

Like other mods ive played for NWN and Operation Flashpoint it would be easier if one massive core down load was available for the mods in question to save all the hassle of obtaining all the seperate mods.
Small auto updaters could be used after that
Keep it simple for people.
You are scaring all the newbies off, you dont understand the setup lol

If download limits were a problem simply use bit torrent or something.

Something to think about.

Ive noticed alot of people confused to hell reading the forums and it isnt easy figuring this all out.
Making it easier for us would help.
I dont want to ask to much of you though but since you are doing all this work why not make it one big package
Im happy to help host and distribute a BT file

Cheers

#32 horred the plague

horred the plague

• Modder
  • 1899 posts

Posted 21 February 2006 - 05:34 AM

Cant wait for this release horred.
Great work.
As a newbie note - i havent played BG2 in years.
I was browsing around and saw the content and missed the way the game played so much I have gotten back into it.
However ive found it daunting trying to figure out what files to download.
I saw this going on and went and bought a mint copy if BG1 and TOSC just to play BP and BGT
Ive only played the BG2 game and the TOB
So far as of now im holding off till your release shows more clearly what is going on.

Like other mods ive played for NWN and Operation Flashpoint it would be easier if one massive core down load was available for the mods in question to save all the hassle of obtaining all the seperate mods.
Small auto updaters could be used after that
Keep it simple for people.
You are scaring all the newbies off, you dont understand the setup lol

If download limits were a problem simply use bit torrent or something.

Something to think about.

Ive noticed alot of people confused to hell reading the forums and it isnt easy figuring this all out.
Making it easier for us would help.
I dont want to ask to much of you though but since you are doing all this work why not make it one big package
Im happy to help host and distribute a BT file

Cheers

This has been debated for years. Individual modders refuse to allow this---argument over.

Besides, with the new setup....you only download what mods you want. BP-weidu can be installed on ToB-Patched as easily as it can on top of every big mod out there (don't try it now, they have individual incompatabilities not related to BP-weidu whatsoever---hopefully fixed in near future). BP-weidu is no longer a "glue" mod---BP-weidu is an AI/Enhancement mod.

#33 GAZ

GAZ
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 February 2006 - 01:19 AM

This has been debated for years. Individual modders refuse to allow this---argument over.

Besides, with the new setup....you only download what mods you want. BP-weidu can be installed on ToB-Patched as easily as it can on top of every big mod out there (don't try it now, they have individual incompatabilities not related to BP-weidu whatsoever---hopefully fixed in near future). BP-weidu is no longer a "glue" mod---BP-weidu is an AI/Enhancement mod.
[/quote]

Thats a bugger.
A pity they all dont allow it into one - oh well.
If thats what they want - we must respect that.
Thankls for the response

A couple of questions now

What is the best and most upto date site Horred, you would recommend for getting updates for all these mods.

I saw this above
[url="http://america.iegmc.net/"]http://america.iegmc.net/[/url]

While it easier to download from using getright - is this site the most up to date one?

Also is that pic really of you? And if so what are you doing in it?
Ive been trying to figure out what on earth you are doing in the picture.
hehe

Cheers

Edited by GAZ, 22 February 2006 - 01:58 AM.

#34 horred the plague

horred the plague

• Modder
  • 1899 posts

Posted 22 February 2006 - 04:17 AM

Ive been trying to figure out what on earth you are doing in the picture.
hehe

Cheers

Yes, the pic is of me---from way back in my college days. As soon as I find a more modern pic in PC format, I'll update.

What am I doing? The same thing most college kids are doing--pouring a frosty one from a tapped keg. :cheers:

#35 J Beau

J Beau
  • 85 posts

Posted 22 February 2006 - 01:33 PM

I have wondered about that same thing for ages, never had the nerve to ask. Beer=Good!
Tempus fugit - memento mori
Time flies - remember death

#36 -Xerxandi-

-Xerxandi-

Posted 08 March 2006 - 08:07 PM

1. BD-WeiDU 1.5
2. SoS-WeiDU 1.05
3. TDD-WeiDU 1.05
4. CtB-TDD Fix
5. CtB 1.6
6. TS-BP 6.04
7. (Run Setup-GUI.exe and press U and Enter at the prompt) x4
8. BGT-WeiDU 0.99 BETA 4 or 0.99 ZETA
9. Any other weidu mod
10. world map v5
11. fixes for TDD, SOS, TS and CTB

Sorry if this is a silly question (I'm new to all this) but is it still ok to install TS as stated above? Even though it's listed as incompatible on the topic here:

http://www.shsforums...showtopic=17901

Any advice appeciated.

#37 seanas

seanas
  • Modder
  • 1906 posts

Posted 09 March 2006 - 01:42 AM

1. BD-WeiDU 1.5
2. SoS-WeiDU 1.05
3. TDD-WeiDU 1.05
4. CtB-TDD Fix
5. CtB 1.6
6. TS-BP 6.04
9. Any other weidu mod
10. world map v5

Sorry if this is a silly question (I'm new to all this) but is it still ok to install TS as stated above? Even though it's listed as incompatible on the topic here:

Any advice appeciated.

yes, it's fine to install TS-BP, as it says in the sticky - that would be why it's in the sticky. there's a minor (non-game-breaking) inconsistency with NPCs transitioning from BG1 to BG2 (dependent upon which NPCs you have in yr party) with TS-BP: it wont break anything, but it might behave oddly. it'll only be at the transition between BG1 and BG2 tho, and only if you have certain NPCs in yr party. certainly nothing to stop you installing TS-BP.

#38 -Xerxandi-

-Xerxandi-

Posted 09 March 2006 - 04:09 AM

1. BD-WeiDU 1.5
2. SoS-WeiDU 1.05
3. TDD-WeiDU 1.05
4. CtB-TDD Fix
5. CtB 1.6
6. TS-BP 6.04
9. Any other weidu mod
10. world map v5

Any advice appeciated.

yes, it's fine to install TS-BP, as it says in the sticky - that would be why it's in the sticky. there's a minor (non-game-breaking) inconsistency with NPCs transitioning from BG1 to BG2 (dependent upon which NPCs you have in yr party) with TS-BP: it wont break anything, but it might behave oddly. it'll only be at the transition between BG1 and BG2 tho, and only if you have certain NPCs in yr party. certainly nothing to stop you installing TS-BP.

Ok, thanks a lot for your answer. I'm glad to hear that NPC Transition problems aren't game-breaking :)

I have another question, that is regarding NEJ. What is NEJ part 1 vs. NEJ part 2? I mean what's the difference, and are they part of the same install file or downloaded separately? Are they played together or as alternatives to each-another? The file I have is NeJ2v42b.exe, from http://america.iegmc.net/nej/ I just can't seem to find any info on this anywhere.

I ask because from that compatibility list (http://www.shsforums...showtopic=17901) it's clear that the NEJ part 2 has quite a lot of problems with BD-WeiDU, whereas NEJ part 1 is listed as compatible... just wondering what's possible with NEJ & DB-WeiDU, and then I guess I'm also curious to find out (as far as you know) if what I've read about NEJ being incompatible with other "Big Three" mods (under WeiDU) such as TDD, SoS and TS is correct? Thanks again.

#39 seanas

seanas
  • Modder
  • 1906 posts

Posted 09 March 2006 - 04:33 AM

I have another question, that is regarding NEJ. What is NEJ part 1 vs. NEJ part 2? I mean what's the difference, and are they part of the same install file or downloaded separately? Are they played together or as alternatives to each-another? The file I have is NeJ2v42b.exe, from http://america.iegmc.net/nej/ I just can't seem to find any info on this anywhere.

I ask because from that compatibility list (http://www.shsforums...showtopic=17901) it's clear that the NEJ part 2 has quite a lot of problems with BD-WeiDU, whereas NEJ part 1 is listed as compatible... just wondering what's possible with NEJ & BD-WeiDU, and then I guess I'm also curious to find out (as far as you know) if what I've read about NEJ being incompatible with other "Big Three" mods (under WeiDU) such as TDD, SoS and TS is correct? Thanks again.

on NEJ: NEJ2 is to NEJ1 as WinXP is to Win98: ie, it's a new version, not 'part 2'. NEJ part 1, as listed in the compatibility guide, is actually 'NEJ2 part1': both parts are available in NeJ2v42b, and when you install, you choose which parts you want to install.

#40 -Xerxandi-

-Xerxandi-

Posted 09 March 2006 - 02:47 PM

Thank you very much for making that clear. Does anybody know if there are "game breaking" compatibility problems installing NEJ part 1 along with the WeiDU versions of TDD, SoS, CtB and TS (mega modifications)?