• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Bill Bisco

Bill Bisco
  • 487 posts

Posted 24 January 2006 - 09:24 AM

Alright, I have enjoyed your mod so far but I have noticed a few things

Bugs

1. Tevlar shot a fireball through a wall trying to get to me.

2. Keep Key in Bone Hill refer's to Nalia's Keep.

3. There are two Houses on The Bottom Left on the map of Restenford. The one on the Right of the Path has some Problems inside. Tab Highlights something that cannot be picked. There's also a chest there that can't be lock picked.

4. Fabio is just messed up. All of his items begin as Red. And thus if you take them away, they can't be reequipped. He also has 80 bullets in one slot.

(Note, Fabio? Hehe, you must really like bards)

Notes and Suggestions

I have enjoyed this mod so far, and I hope to finish it. However, some parts of it were annoying.

5. A lot of these Map Notes don't mean anything. They're listed there, but that doesn't mean that you can leave the area by going to that place. An example when you first go to Bone Hill, You can't immediately turn around and go back. The map point is listed where you are, but exiting is right above.

6. Travelling is very annoying in this mod. It's a pain having to walk around a Long Time just to find that one place in which you are allowed to travel. Perhaps you have a reason for this. But I highly highly suggest that you make a Lot of WayPoints.

7. There are no or Very few Quest Entries, and those would be more helpful than Journal Entries. Similarly, I completed the Gnoll Quest and the Quest is still listed there for me.

8. The Game is often unclear on Several points. Peltar Sometimes refers to Welcar. It however, never says where he is which is quite annoying. Similarly there's a Point in Which Peltar isn't found in his Tower. He's found in that One Unnamed Building in the Main area. If he's going to be there, then there should be an Apprentice or something in his tower to go to that White Building to see him. And, there should be a Map note for that White Building.

Similarly, the game refers to the Sewers in The West of Town. But Where are they? I have absolutely no idea and I shouldn't have to trudge for a long time to try to find them.

9. The Average Gnolls in the appropriate area give 100gp and a Magic Halberd. Quite good for such low xp and hp creatures.

10. At the point in time where you want Peltar to Appear, I have no Reason to go to the Temple of Helm in Nashkell. Perhaps if you had him stand along the path of the Temple rather than inside it, this quest would be easier to take.

The reason I say this is that I try to play mods under the idea that Adventures should find you and not the other way around. If a first time player could find this quest without looking at a guide, then it's good.

11. I think that it's unfair to Force someone to stay in that new area and make them unable to leave. Perhaps Welcar doesn't approve, but who cares? My party can own Welcar and Peltar if need be. Similarly this place should have a port somewhere, and if there are ports there are ships, and if there are ships, then the character should be able to leave somehow. Now perhaps they wouldn't be able to return, but that's okay. I could imagine a lot of new players getting very frustrated since they're forced to be goody goodies and do these quests.

Comments and Questions

12. At the Farm Where Sir BillyBob is, there's an Inn at the Top Left, but you cannot go there. What is the point of that place?

13. There's a Tome of Thought in Peltar's Tower, Similarly there's a Manual of Health in The Abbey, as well as another Tome in The Area with the Giant Rats that Aren't Giant. Are you sure you want these tomes to be here?

14. All of the Areas of this mod are Very Laggy for me. I have installed a lot of mods, could this be a part of the reason? Is there something that I can do to correct this?

Anywho, I'm not trying to rant. I have mostly enjoyed this mod so far.

#2 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 24 January 2006 - 02:53 PM

1. Tevlar shot a fireball through a wall trying to get to me.

Not sure why the game engine would do this. Maybe the delay from when he saw you to when you moved?

2. Keep Key in Bone Hill refer's to Nalia's Keep.

Noted, will have to fix.

3. There are two Houses on The Bottom Left on the map of Restenford. The one on the Right of the Path has some Problems inside. Tab Highlights something that cannot be picked. There's also a chest there that can't be lock picked.

The highlight should have given you a clue then that you haven't solved something here. Check the forum, you will find out more about this person and his house.

4. Fabio is just messed up. All of his items begin as Red. And thus if you take them away, they can't be reequipped. He also has 80 bullets in one slot.

I assume you do not have version 2.01 installed. Fabio was assigned a kit that I never brought over from the BGT-BP version of this mod. He is corrected in 2.01.

5. A lot of these Map Notes don't mean anything. They're listed there, but that doesn't mean that you can leave the area by going to that place. An example when you first go to Bone Hill, You can't immediately turn around and go back. The map point is listed where you are, but exiting is right above.

Easy enough to review and fix. Noted.

6. Travelling is very annoying in this mod. It's a pain having to walk around a Long Time just to find that one place in which you are allowed to travel. Perhaps you have a reason for this. But I highly highly suggest that you make a Lot of WayPoints.

I assume this refers to 5.

7. There are no or Very few Quest Entries, and those would be more helpful than Journal Entries. Similarly, I completed the Gnoll Quest and the Quest is still listed there for me.

All quests should be removed from your journal when you return to the Temple of Lathander. If you still see one, I will check into it.

8. The Game is often unclear on Several points. Peltar Sometimes refers to Welcar. It however, never says where he is which is quite annoying. Similarly there's a Point in Which Peltar isn't found in his Tower. He's found in that One Unnamed Building in the Main area. If he's going to be there, then there should be an Apprentice or something in his tower to go to that White Building to see him. And, there should be a Map note for that White Building.

Pelltar only talks about Welcar once. I think you are talking about Gelpas here. Welcar is the guard with the 2 dogs. He isn't critical to the story other than returning the pearl to him and even that you don't have to do.

Similarly, the game refers to the Sewers in The West of Town. But Where are they? I have absolutely no idea and I shouldn't have to trudge for a long time to try to find them.

Again, check the forum! This has been mentioned several times. The sewers are abandoned, did you check an "abandoned" area?

9. The Average Gnolls in the appropriate area give 100gp and a Magic Halberd. Quite good for such low xp and hp creatures.

Magical halberds are usually on Gnoll Captains, not regular gnolls. I just use the CRE files that BGT and Tutu provided here.

10. At the point in time where you want Peltar to Appear, I have no Reason to go to the Temple of Helm in Nashkell. Perhaps if you had him stand along the path of the Temple rather than inside it, this quest would be easier to take.

The reason I say this is that I try to play mods under the idea that Adventures should find you and not the other way around. If a first time player could find this quest without looking at a guide, then it's good.

Not all quests in BG1/BG2 are given to you by strangers walking around outside. I fail to see why Pelltar has to stand outside in the rain waiting for you. Though he could be at an inn, I guess. Placing him here though allows for the Cult of the Dragon to attack you once you go outside. You have the ability to avoid this by heading out a different doorway.

11. I think that it's unfair to Force someone to stay in that new area and make them unable to leave. Perhaps Welcar doesn't approve, but who cares? My party can own Welcar and Peltar if need be. Similarly this place should have a port somewhere, and if there are ports there are ships, and if there are ships, then the character should be able to leave somehow. Now perhaps they wouldn't be able to return, but that's okay. I could imagine a lot of new players getting very frustrated since they're forced to be goody goodies and do these quests.

The only quest that is actually "forced" on you is solving the Glorious Hand so you can return. Pelltar's dialog has always had the option of ignoring the other quests by claiming you couldn't find anything wrong.

12. At the Farm Where Sir BillyBob is, there's an Inn at the Top Left, but you cannot go there. What is the point of that place?

Look at it again, this is the barracks that you also see on the main Restenford map, just like you can see the lighthouse on both maps. Just because a house is on a map doesn't mean you have to be able to enter it. There are places in the Slums of SoA that you can't enter either.

13. There's a Tome of Thought in Peltar's Tower, Similarly there's a Manual of Health in The Abbey, as well as another Tome in The Area with the Giant Rats that Aren't Giant. Are you sure you want these tomes to be here?

Not sure about a tome with the rats. That shouldn't be there. Noted. BTW, there are no "Giant Rat" animations in BG/IWD/PST. I would use it if there was. I use a groundhog in the CA mod to look like a giant rat and it doesn't always work the way I want.

14. All of the Areas of this mod are Very Laggy for me. I have installed a lot of mods, could this be a part of the reason? Is there something that I can do to correct this?

You can biff some of your mods to remove the files from the override folder.

Anywho, I'm not trying to rant. I have mostly enjoyed this mod so far.

I wasn't considering this a rant. If it was worthless and meaningless, it would be a rant. Just look at all the crap up in the BGT-Weidu forum if you want to see rants.

By the way, I welcome anyone willing to work on a walkthrough of this mod. It isn't considered "fashionable" for the modder to make their own. I will gladdly point out missing parts if you need it.

Tired of Bhaal? Try some classics mods instead:
Classic Adventures
Official Classic Adventures Website

#3 melkor_morgoth75

melkor_morgoth75

Lord

• Modder
  • 1509 posts

Posted 25 January 2006 - 02:35 AM

By the way, I welcome anyone willing to work on a walkthrough of this mod. It isn't considered "fashionable" for the modder to make their own. I will gladdly point out missing parts if you need it.

I would do one, may be i'll do in the near future. Actually i'm busy (and ill :( ) but i'd like to do one along with NTotSC. But for the last i need more time and more confidence with the mod (while i'm well trained on SoB :P )

Regarding the suggestions above. I add my 2 cents here. I think Peltar could be founded in Nashkel (near Berrun Gaskhill) when you finishspeaking with him to close mines quest. THEN (after you finished 1st part of SoB) you are teleported in Temple area as actually.

mm75

Edited by melkor_morgoth75, 25 January 2006 - 02:56 AM.

Tired of the same boring spawned creatures u face in BG? Try BGSpawn

#4 --maus--

--maus--

Posted 25 January 2006 - 01:13 PM

At the moment I have problems with Ravella. She doesn't talk to me. From her tra-files I know, that she is critical for the quest, but I couldn't find any d-file referring to her name, so I suppose you forgot to put this d-file into the archiv.

And I was really looking for a long time for sewers... maybe it would be helpful to rename the guards at the tree, perhaps "tree-guard" or something else, so that one knows, that these are special guards and it is useful to talk to them.

#5 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 25 January 2006 - 03:48 PM

Could you explain what you mean by "Revella" doesn't talk to me? I assume you talked to the guards, and she appeared 1 day later? You then talked to her about the last person that was hanged in the tree? Where were you at when she stopped talking to you? As for a "D" file, she is there and always has been, see second sentence here.

Pelltar doesn't need to be near the close of mines chapter since he will be there for 3 chapters waiting for you. You can always go to Restenford after clearing the Bandit Camp. Also, I originally placed him where he is because it gives you a chance to go to Beregost and sell off any items you may have before starting his quest. In BGT-BP, you could also pick up several bags/containers in Beregost before starting this mod. That was helpful since there are so many items to pickup across the Lenore Isle when you travel around the area. I know the Tutu version doesn't have these items and the BGT-Weidu version doesn't now either, but this part of the reason why he was placed there.

I still fail to see the logic that every quest giver has to appear right next to you when you meet the conditions of their quest. Jet'laya doesn't try to find you for DSotSC, the Thieves Guild in Baldur's Gate doesn't try to have someone talk to you as soon as you enter the city. I don't even want to think about SoA and all the places you have to go to find the person that starts your quest.

I think the issue here is that you didn't know where he was until you found him. Once you know, you just go there the next time you play the game. BTW, I tell you in the readme where to find him. The second part is different. I send Pelltar/Fabio to find you because of the situation that had just happened with the baron. It isn't an issue of finding some adventurers to hire like the first part of the mod. Read Pelltar's first dialog with you, he says he is looking to hire someone, not that he is looking just for you.

Classic Adventures

#6 melkor_morgoth75

melkor_morgoth75

Lord

• Modder
  • 1509 posts

Posted 25 January 2006 - 11:43 PM

Pelltar doesn't need to be near the close of mines chapter since he will be there for 3 chapters waiting for you. You can always go to Restenford after clearing the Bandit Camp. Also, I originally placed him where he is because it gives you a chance to go to Beregost and sell off any items you may have before starting his quest. In BGT-BP, you could also pick up several bags/containers in Beregost before starting this mod. That was helpful since there are so many items to pickup across the Lenore Isle when you travel around the area. I know the Tutu version doesn't have these items and the BGT-Weidu version doesn't now either, but this part of the reason why he was placed there.

I still fail to see the logic that every quest giver has to appear right next to you when you meet the conditions of their quest. Jet'laya doesn't try to find you for DSotSC, the Thieves Guild in Baldur's Gate doesn't try to have someone talk to you as soon as you enter the city. I don't even want to think about SoA and all the places you have to go to find the person that starts your quest.

I think the issue here is that you didn't know where he was until you found him. Once you know, you just go there the next time you play the game. BTW, I tell you in the readme where to find him. The second part is different. I send Pelltar/Fabio to find you because of the situation that had just happened with the baron. It isn't an issue of finding some adventurers to hire like the first part of the mod. Read Pelltar's first dialog with you, he says he is looking to hire someone, not that he is looking just for you.

It DOES make a lot of sense, tx for explanation ;)

mm75

Tired of the same boring spawned creatures u face in BG? Try BGSpawn

#7 --maus--

--maus--

Posted 26 January 2006 - 07:57 AM

Yup, talked to the guards at the tree, 1 day later Revella is there. I click on her as one usually does but nothing happened. A string tells me that she has nothing to say. As I don't play the english version I have to guess whats that comment in the english: something like: the character is busy.
Its the phrase that is usually displayed when in the dialogue-file there is no valid dialogue. And also if the dialogue file doesn't exist.

Checking the tra-files there is one BHRE***.tra (don't remember it exactly) but no correspondend d-file. I checked the tp2, but there is only this mass-compile syntax. It seems to me that for this mass-compilation every d-file needs a tra-file with the same filename. And for Revella this is not the case. At least for the version thats on my disc ;)

#8 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 26 January 2006 - 02:55 PM

Okay, now you make sense. I will have to check the TRAs for each language and see what else may be missing. By the way, there are other solutions here.

SPOILER

Pelltar had recommended for you to talk to Welcar. Welcar will tell you that one of the inns was robbed. Go to the inn that Fabio hangs out in. Talk to the guy behind the bar about the thieft. He will mention Smith, the guy in the store nearby. Go to to him (store over the armory/fletcher). He will tell you that something strange is going on at the lighthouse. From here, the door to the lighthouse should now be able to unlock correctly.

Revella's patch will also lead you to the light house. Actually, show the map you found in the sewers to Pelltar and he will also recommend that you check out the light house.

So there are really three ways of solving this.

Classic Adventures

#9 --maus--

--maus--

Posted 26 January 2006 - 10:44 PM

Done, thanks ;)

to mention: the thieves at the sewer entrance have a potion of invisibility, but they don't use it. Is this the way it is intended or is it a mistake in their script?

#10 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 27 January 2006 - 05:46 PM

Looks like it is their script or in this case, lack of. They only have Shout and WDASIGHT, neither of which use conditions for the creature having any potions. Don't worry, Horred has created a great nasty script that I plan to use for all thieves. So in the future, watch your backs!

Classic Adventures

#11 Azazello

Azazello

The Anti-Spammer

• Staff
  • 1912 posts

Posted 26 November 2006 - 05:46 PM

Just wanted to report that I really like the scale-down of magical items that monsters/villians have in version 2.05. The loot was very well-balanced.

Not sure on the experience points spread, as I am using Ding0 Experience Fixer mod @ 75/10/50, so my party entered Restenford at the recommended average level of 3 or 4.

Haven't gotten to Part 2 yet, but I'm sure it'll still be a fun mod to play. Thanks Sir BillyBob.

"I gladly simp for jastey" -- Aza
==========================================================
"You ever notice that "What the hell?!" is the answer to just about everything?"
==========================================================

"Girls are like phones, they like to be held and talked too, but if you press the wrong button, you will be disconnected!" DJ Nikodemus
================================================================
Community Contributions
* Level 1 NPCs * gMinion: expanded TP2 for MegaInstalls * PSM (PSQM): expanded scripts for Melanthium * Shar Nadal (DSotSC-BGT) revision * non-detectable Cloak of Non-Detection ?? * Weimer's-Tactics: revised TP2 for MegaInstalls * a directory of Mega-Installation Guides *