• Please log in to reply
105 replies to this topic

#41 Gregor

Gregor
  • 43 posts

Posted 27 June 2006 - 08:01 PM

That's not normal.
That's weird.
Because it's freezing right in the middle of the cutscene.
Make sure to tell me if the current version does this, because if it does I'm going to have to change the cutscene more then I already have.

I always just assumed that my computer was too slow to handle all the pyrotechnics of the cutscene. It always started up again eventually. As I said, my new problem is different. But I'll be sure to let you know if I get any "freezes" when I play the updated one.

I am having some serious doubts about my mental capacity. Somehow I managed to overwrite the most current .tp2 file when I uploaded the compressed version, meaning that if anyone downloaded the mod, it wont install.

Well, let's get that fixed, aye? :P
Don't ask questions best left to aged sages. Boo is quick and evasive, and there is ever so much of Minsc to search, there is no hope of getting us apart."

#42 Duality

Duality

Deranged Mactel User

• 150 posts

Posted 28 June 2006 - 10:28 AM

I'm not sure my lack of functioning gray matter is fixable.... But I'm open to suggestions.
Oh. Wrong question.

It's fixed, but for some reason FileFront has decided that it doesn't want to let me upload. It hasn't let me upload for 2 days for some reason. And it wont let me "open a support ticket" because it gives me another error.
There are days when I actively loathe computers. *sigh*

-Duality

EDIT:
Ok, FileFront quit being a pain in the *$*#(. You can download it now. :D

Edited by Duality, 28 June 2006 - 01:01 PM.

#43 Gregor

Gregor
  • 43 posts

Posted 28 June 2006 - 06:32 PM

Alrighty. Can I use the link you already sent me, or do I need a new one?

Meanwhile, I managed to solve my annoying little problem. As I said, the only real difference between my last run-through and this one was that I was doing a solo this time. So I tried CLUAing Imoen in, took her through the portal, and things proceeded...relatively normally. That is, he talked to me, destroyed my cloak, we fought, he cheated outrageously, and I eventually killed him. Things were a bit buggier than normal this time around: after he died, the game shifted immediately to the cutscene with him and Lord Ao. After that was done, it shifted back to the prison area, where I picked up his loot, went through the portal, and talked to the Lady of Pain.

Glad that's over with. Looking forward to trying the new and improved model.
Don't ask questions best left to aged sages. Boo is quick and evasive, and there is ever so much of Minsc to search, there is no hope of getting us apart."

#44 Duality

Duality

Deranged Mactel User

• 150 posts

Posted 28 June 2006 - 07:53 PM

Well, if yours works, then don't bother to download the new one. :P

I must say, you get some of the weirdest bugs. Hopefully, nothing of the sort will happen this time around.

#45 Gregor

Gregor
  • 43 posts

Posted 28 June 2006 - 08:03 PM

Well, if yours works, then don't bother to download the new one. :P

I must say, you get some of the weirdest bugs. Hopefully, nothing of the sort will happen this time around.

No, D...that was a problem I was having with the old, non-Dualityed mod. I haven't installed yours yet. Is the link you sent me a few days ago good, or do I need another one?

#46 Duality

Duality

Deranged Mactel User

• 150 posts

Posted 28 June 2006 - 08:17 PM

The link I sent you should always have the most updated version, since it's a link to the page and not the file iteself.

#47 Gregor

Gregor
  • 43 posts

Posted 29 June 2006 - 04:34 PM

Excellent. It's all falling into place.

#48 wellunhappy

wellunhappy
  • 329 posts

Posted 30 June 2006 - 03:14 AM

Are you still looking for testers/stroke folks wanting to try out your updated PSM?

where do i sign :Bow:

I don't know if you dealt with this bug but there is script breaker in the mage school wizards in that if you kill one of them (don't remember which) before he starts on running through his spell list the next school mage does not appear. this is easy to do with a +5 fury and silver sword and its happened a few times with me.

I have an idea for the bounty hunters encouter a bit of overkill but would make it a serious challenge. first off change the classes, 2 bounty hunters. 2 wizard slayers/hunters, 1 assassin, 1 berserker, 1 fighter.

20th lvl fighter armed with crossbow of speed and stunning bolts 5 prof. slots in crossbow peppers low saving PC's
20th lvl Assassin with backstab enhancing blade and invis. potion. backstab, invis., backstab, invis., etc
20th lvl berseker armed with two handed axe the wild card
20th lvl wizard slayers armed MR and spellcaster disrupting blades take out party mages.
20th lvl bounty hunters dual wielding prof slots and twin blades each take out every one else.

just an idea :devil:

ps well done with reworking it will be nice to see your mode on this site for download.

#49 Derkoth the Disgruntled

Derkoth the Disgruntled
  • 103 posts

Posted 30 June 2006 - 03:45 AM

I'd also be happy to take a look at the updated mod, as long as you don't need results ASAP. "When I get to it" would be more like the time scale, but if you're willing, I am.

:cheers:

DtD

#50 Duality

Duality

Deranged Mactel User

• 150 posts

Posted 30 June 2006 - 10:56 AM

I don't know if you dealt with this bug but there is script breaker in the mage school wizards in that if you kill one of them (don't remember which) before he starts on running through his spell list the next school mage does not appear. this is easy to do with a +5 fury and silver sword and its happened a few times with me.

I changed the way those mages spawn, since I too had that problem a number of times.

I have an idea for the bounty hunters encouter a bit of overkill but would make it a serious challenge. first off change the classes, 2 bounty hunters. 2 wizard slayers/hunters, 1 assassin, 1 berserker, 1 fighter.

20th lvl fighter armed with crossbow of speed and stunning bolts 5 prof. slots in crossbow peppers low saving PC's
20th lvl Assassin with backstab enhancing blade and invis. potion. backstab, invis., backstab, invis., etc
20th lvl wizard slayers armed MR and spellcaster disrupting blades take out party mages.
20th lvl bounty hunters dual wielding prof slots and twin blades each take out every one else.

That's evil, truly evil. But I think I know where to add it. :devil:
I thought you retired. And gave away your BGII cd's. Or something. :P

I'd also be happy to take a look at the updated mod, as long as you don't need results ASAP. "When I get to it" would be more like the time scale, but if you're willing, I am.

That's fine, I'm not in a big hurry and I'm always glad to have one more person take a look at it. :D

I'll PM you both the download link.

-Duality

#51 jester

jester

biased bystander

• 1476 posts

Posted 30 June 2006 - 12:09 PM

Just make sure your powergamer toys drop their equipment. Otherwise Ctr+Ying them will be no fun.
"It's 106 miles to Arroyo, we got a full fusion cell, half a pack of RadAway, it's midnight, and I'm wearing a 50-year old Vault 13 Jumpsuit. Let's hit it!" -The Chosen One

Free your mind

#52 Duality

Duality

Deranged Mactel User

• 150 posts

Posted 30 June 2006 - 03:57 PM

Just make sure your powergamer toys drop their equipment. Otherwise Ctr+Ying them will be no fun.

Control+Ying is never fun. :P

And just because they are going to have better equipment then you do, doesn't mean you get to have it.

And to elaborate, I'm not changing the current bounty hunters, I will add the new ones as an optional encounter.

#53 wellunhappy

wellunhappy
  • 329 posts

Posted 12 July 2006 - 07:41 AM

I changed the way those mages spawn, since I too had that problem a number of times.

That's evil, truly evil. But I think I know where to add it. :devil:
I thought you retired. And gave away your BGII cd's. Or something. :P

That's fine, I'm not in a big hurry and I'm always glad to have one more person take a look at it. :D

I'll PM you both the download link.

-Duality

As I stated on anther post ?If anybody says didn?t you retire well yes I did and I?m gonna hide behind female prerogative and if anyone says I knew you?d come back I will not be responsible for my reply? As for the cd?s erm my TOB disc has nothing written on it. shhhhh :whistling:

How long do think it will take you to code the evil encounter I?d love to test that version rather the one on the link?

Why don?t you host the new PSM on here instead of using a separate link, the original PSM on this site wants binning anyway ;)

#54 wellunhappy

wellunhappy
  • 329 posts

Posted 12 July 2006 - 08:50 AM

Control+Ying is never fun. :P

And just because they are going to have better equipment then you do, doesn't mean you get to have it.

And to elaborate, I'm not changing the current bounty hunters, I will add the new ones as an optional encounter.

none of this stuff has to monty haul gear, thats the beauty of it. its all based on tactics, lvl, class, prof. slots and a little magical assistance.
eg assassins using backstab blades x1 to modifier, berserker rage axe, the short sword that disprutes spell casting from TDD or a blade that removes spells, crossbow of speed can be bought in chapter 2, four decent blades for the bounty hunters and armour for all of course, but like i said it doesn't have to be monty haul stuff

#55 Duality

Duality

Deranged Mactel User

• 150 posts

Posted 12 July 2006 - 09:59 AM

As I stated on anther post ?If anybody says didn?t you retire well yes I did and I?m gonna hide behind female prerogative and if anyone says I knew you?d come back I will not be responsible for my reply? As for the cd?s erm my TOB disc has nothing written on it. shhhhh :whistling:

How long do think it will take you to code the evil encounter I?d love to test that version rather the one on the link?

Why don?t you host the new PSM on here instead of using a separate link, the original PSM on this site wants binning anyway ;)

....... ..... ..... lol.
Ah. Sorry, that gave me a good laugh. I needed that.

I wouldn't even have known you were retiring (since I don't generally read SHS forums) except I was hunting for Hlid some time ago and his last post happened to be on the thread where you said you were "retiring". :P

As for the hosting thing, until I am sure that most of the bugs are gone from my version, I'd rather that it not be available for anyone to download. Especially since I am in all likelihood going to have to upload multiple versions, I don't want them all floating around out there.

.... The evil encounter... Well.... Um... I sorta went overboard. Way overboard. Way way way way overboard.
I decided to make the encounter part of one of the currently unfinished quests, the start of the quest actually. But, uh. Well, I decided to add two new areas. One area's done. The second (and much much larger one) isn't finished yet. And it's going to take me a little while to finish it. So you're just going to have to wait a while, sorry. :P

Binning?

And because, at heart, I like to cause trouble. "I knew you'd come back." :P

-Duality

#56 seden

seden
  • 66 posts

Posted 13 July 2006 - 05:27 AM

So your version isnt released yet Duality ?

I'll be waiting, to bad that i havent see this thread before I started my game, sic.

#57 wellunhappy

wellunhappy
  • 329 posts

Posted 13 July 2006 - 10:39 AM

So your version isnt released yet Duality ?

I'll be waiting, to bad that i havent see this thread before I started my game, sic.

if you ask Duality nicely he'll send you a link to the latest beta version of PSM, even if you've started a new game you can still install this mod as long as you haven't started the PS quest

#58 seden

seden
  • 66 posts

Posted 13 July 2006 - 11:17 AM

Thanks for the advice Wellunhappy ;)

So, please Duality dear, should you give me a link to the latest release of PSM please ?

*hide*

#59 Gregor

Gregor
  • 43 posts

Posted 16 July 2006 - 08:43 AM

Well, now. I just hit my first snag in your improved mod, Duality. I'm at the point where the first wave of adventurers invades the Planar Sphere. The guy meets me at the door, tells me the Sphere has been invaded, I agree to fight them, he says "Thank goodness", and the cutscene begins.

Things proceed as normal until the apprenti teleport in. Then, they just stand around and do nothing. No action takes place, and the cutscene never ends. This is exactly what happened with the Melanthium finale in the unmodded version, but in that case, the problem was because I was soloing. This time, I have a full six person party.

The only weird thing I can think of is that Teos is still hanging around just inside the entrance, waiting to give his "This Academy is now open!" speech, which apparently I didn't get around to before. This is odd, because I'm pretty sure he was in the room where the Solamnic knights used to be when all the tutors and apprentices first arrived.

I'm beginning to think that cutscenes are a very, very bad idea.

#60 Duality

Duality

Deranged Mactel User

• 150 posts

Posted 16 July 2006 - 05:57 PM

Well, now. I just hit my first snag in your improved mod, Duality. I'm at the point where the first wave of adventurers invades the Planar Sphere. The guy meets me at the door, tells me the Sphere has been invaded, I agree to fight them, he says "Thank goodness", and the cutscene begins.

Things proceed as normal until the apprenti teleport in. Then, they just stand around and do nothing. No action takes place, and the cutscene never ends. This is exactly what happened with the Melanthium finale in the unmodded version, but in that case, the problem was because I was soloing. This time, I have a full six person party.

The only weird thing I can think of is that Teos is still hanging around just inside the entrance, waiting to give his "This Academy is now open!" speech, which apparently I didn't get around to before. This is odd, because I'm pretty sure he was in the room where the Solamnic knights used to be when all the tutors and apprentices first arrived.

I'm beginning to think that cutscenes are a very, very bad idea.

Sorry it took me so long to fix, I had too much to do today.
As much as I might like to blame this on the engines somewhat flakey handling of cutscenes, I really can't, since it was all my fault. :whistling:

But now it's been fixed, and I uploaded the new version. I would suggest that people download it since that particular cutscene will not work at all unless you use the newly uploaded version. (I screwed up when I was changing the file names)

Plus the new one has the spell Power Word: Vaporize in it. Actually, as it is PW:V may be unbalanced (which way is up to you to decide), so some feedback concerning the spell would be nice. :D

Unless someone asks/begs I am going to give Techtonic Titillation the axe, we really don't need another earthquake like spell.

As for the Teos thing, are you sure that he's out of place?

-Duality