Photo

PSQ Suggestions/Problems

• Please log in to reply
105 replies to this topic

#61 Gregor

Gregor
  • 43 posts

Posted 16 July 2006 - 06:18 PM

Same day service is nothing to sneeze at, D! :Bow: Thanks for the fix...however, since I REALLY don't want to start the PS Quest over (I've done a MILLION things in the meantime), could you email or PM how to fix it? I'm semi-literate with Near Infinity, but with enough explanation, I should be able to make it work.

Re: Teos...aye, he's definitely out of place. I went back to an earlier save and played up to the invasion. This time, I talked to Teos when he was still in the room with the table; he gave me the "This Academy of Magic is open!" shpiel there. But when I entered the Sphere for the invasion battle, there he was again, just inside the entrance. This time, he gave me what would have been his next line of dialogue, about the powerful stolen artifact.

Also, I noticed when the apprenti teleport in for the invasion battle, it seems like Morul is there too, front and center. I'm almost positive that he never took place in the battle in the previous mod. Is this something new that you've added, or is it a bug? I really DO like the idea of him showing up to help defend the Sphere, but I hope he doesn't blow himself up like the rest of them. I DID train him...I'm kind of attached to him at this point. :unsure:
Don't ask questions best left to aged sages. Boo is quick and evasive, and there is ever so much of Minsc to search, there is no hope of getting us apart."

#62 Duality

Duality

Deranged Mactel User

• 150 posts

Posted 16 July 2006 - 08:46 PM

Same day service is nothing to sneeze at, D! :Bow: Thanks for the fix...however, since I REALLY don't want to start the PS Quest over (I've done a MILLION things in the meantime), could you email or PM how to fix it? I'm semi-literate with Near Infinity, but with enough explanation, I should be able to make it work.

Re: Teos...aye, he's definitely out of place. I went back to an earlier save and played up to the invasion. This time, I talked to Teos when he was still in the room with the table; he gave me the "This Academy of Magic is open!" shpiel there. But when I entered the Sphere for the invasion battle, there he was again, just inside the entrance. This time, he gave me what would have been his next line of dialogue, about the powerful stolen artifact.

Also, I noticed when the apprenti teleport in for the invasion battle, it seems like Morul is there too, front and center. I'm almost positive that he never took place in the battle in the previous mod. Is this something new that you've added, or is it a bug? I really DO like the idea of him showing up to help defend the Sphere, but I hope he doesn't blow himself up like the rest of them. I DID train him...I'm kind of attached to him at this point. :unsure:

*sigh*. Teos is such an annoying little bugger sometimes. I'll check and see if I can replicate the problem so I can find what's causing it.
To clarify:
He's where he is supposed to be until you re-enter the sphere (from the Slums I assume?) and the invasion battle triggers? At which point he is in the front room giving you the dialog about going to find the Artifact?

As for Morul. Oops.
He is supposed to teleport his sorry self out of the way during those encounters, but since I always get the Ring of Wizardry, (thereby killing two of the apprentices) I never get Morul. So I very rarely checked to make sure he was bug free. (Actually, I only think I ran through the quest with him once... :doh: )
Now that I think about it, he only moves out of the way when you are "examining" the apprentices in the pathetic mini-mini-quest. I'll fix that shortly. I have no idea what he did in the previous version, he may just have had a DestroySelf() action attached to him.

-Duality

#63 wellunhappy

wellunhappy
  • 329 posts

Posted 17 July 2006 - 05:10 AM

:unsure:

Well, now. I just hit my first snag in your improved mod, Duality. I'm at the point where the first wave of adventurers invades the Planar Sphere. The guy meets me at the door, tells me the Sphere has been invaded, I agree to fight them, he says "Thank goodness", and the cutscene begins.

Things proceed as normal until the apprenti teleport in. Then, they just stand around and do nothing. No action takes place, and the cutscene never ends. This is exactly what happened with the Melanthium finale in the unmodded version, but in that case, the problem was because I was soloing. This time, I have a full six person party.

The only weird thing I can think of is that Teos is still hanging around just inside the entrance, waiting to give his "This Academy is now open!" speech, which apparently I didn't get around to before. This is odd, because I'm pretty sure he was in the room where the Solamnic knights used to be when all the tutors and apprentices first arrived.

I'm beginning to think that cutscenes are a very, very bad idea.

Sorry it took me so long to fix, I had too much to do today.
As much as I might like to blame this on the engines somewhat flakey handling of cutscenes, I really can't, since it was all my fault. :whistling:

But now it's been fixed, and I uploaded the new version. I would suggest that people download it since that particular cutscene will not work at all unless you use the newly uploaded version. (I screwed up when I was changing the file names)

Plus the new one has the spell Power Word: Vaporize in it. Actually, as it is PW:V may be unbalanced (which way is up to you to decide), so some feedback concerning the spell would be nice. :D

Unless someone asks/begs I am going to give Techtonic Titillation the axe, we really don't need another earthquake like spell.

As for the Teos thing, are you sure that he's out of place?

-Duality

The problem i have is I previously installed before BP and if I uninstall and re-install it will be after BP, could this cause any problems for my BP instlled game??? I don't want to risk messing up my game by installing after BP :unsure:

#64 Duality

Duality

Deranged Mactel User

• 150 posts

Posted 17 July 2006 - 07:03 AM

The problem i have is I previously installed before BP and if I uninstall and re-install it will be after BP, could this cause any problems for my BP instlled game??? I don't want to risk messing up my game by installing after BP :unsure:

Bleh. Well, supposedly weidu can handle this, but in my experience I have found that I usually end up re-installing all of my mods over again in a clean override/dialog because something gets screwed up.

You can go ahead and download the "OverrideFixes" file, (if you haven't already) just extract the archive into the override file and everything should be good to go. Note however that the fixes do not contain the spell PW:V (just so you know)

-Duality

#65 Gregor

Gregor
  • 43 posts

Posted 17 July 2006 - 09:14 AM

Thanks for the override, D, but...the problem's still there. The apprenti still just stand around and do nothing. I extracted the file you sent into the override folder; it created ANOTHER folder inside the override folder. I went into that file and copied and pasted all the files from there into the override folder, overwriting some of them. Was that wrong? Should I not have done that?

Meanwhile, about Morul: He's supposed to be in the golem assembly room. After you accept him as you apprentice, that's where he'll be the next time you enter the sphere. But, as I said, he's teleporting in with the other apprenti during the first invasion. Don't know if that's part of the problem, but I thought I'd let you know.

I can send you a printscreen of how psCut30 looks in Near Inifinity if you think it will do any good.
Don't ask questions best left to aged sages. Boo is quick and evasive, and there is ever so much of Minsc to search, there is no hope of getting us apart."

#66 Duality

Duality

Deranged Mactel User

• 150 posts

Posted 17 July 2006 - 09:28 AM

Thanks for the override, D, but...the problem's still there. The apprenti still just stand around and do nothing. I extracted the file you sent into the override folder; it created ANOTHER folder inside the override folder. I went into that file and copied and pasted all the files from there into the override folder, overwriting some of them. Was that wrong? Should I not have done that?

Meanwhile, about Morul: He's supposed to be in the golem assembly room. After you accept him as you apprentice, that's where he'll be the next time you enter the sphere. But, as I said, he's teleporting in with the other apprenti during the first invasion. Don't know if that's part of the problem, but I thought I'd let you know.

I can send you a printscreen of how psCut30 looks in Near Inifinity if you think it will do any good.

How embarrassing. I definitely get the dense award for today. I gave you all the files EXCEPT the one you needed.....
(I was trying to manage two concurrent versions, one to upload and one which I am working on that has the new areas in it, then you asked for the fix and for some reason "sort by date modified" never occured to me....)

I uploaded the new file that contains (at least it better) all of the files you need.
It created another folder? Odd, my extractor didn't put them in a separate folder. But yes, you did the right thing.

He's supposed to be in the golem assembly room? I never knew that. I'll make sure he gets where he needs to do. :D

-Duality

Edited by Duality, 17 July 2006 - 09:30 AM.

#67 Gregor

Gregor
  • 43 posts

Posted 17 July 2006 - 04:32 PM

And now for the latest wrinkle. The link you gave me doesn't work anymore. When I paste it into my browser, it takes me to the Filefront homepage. Usually, it will play an ad and give me the option to skip it, but now, it's just the homepage. I tried searching for the file, but no joy.

Is Mystra trying to stop me from playing this mod?

Edited by Gregor, 17 July 2006 - 04:33 PM.

#68 Duality

Duality

Deranged Mactel User

• 150 posts

Posted 17 July 2006 - 07:04 PM

And now for the latest wrinkle. The link you gave me doesn't work anymore. When I paste it into my browser, it takes me to the Filefront homepage. Usually, it will play an ad and give me the option to skip it, but now, it's just the homepage. I tried searching for the file, but no joy.

Is Mystra trying to stop me from playing this mod?

Err..... It works fine for me...

-Duality

#69 Gregor

Gregor
  • 43 posts

Posted 17 July 2006 - 08:19 PM

Well, that's very nice for you. :P As for me, whenever I paste or type this into the browser:

http://files.filefro...;/fileinfo.html

It turns into this while it's loading:

http://www.filefront.com/

Believe me, I'm not doing anything anybody else wouldn't do opening a link.

Could you please just email me the file? Thanks.

#70 Gregor

Gregor
  • 43 posts

Posted 18 July 2006 - 04:26 AM

Okay, I got the new link, downloaded the file, and installed it. STILL no action from the apprenti.

#71 Duality

Duality

Deranged Mactel User

• 150 posts

Posted 18 July 2006 - 08:28 AM

Okay, I got the new link, downloaded the file, and installed it. STILL no action from the apprenti.

:crying:
Can you send me your psCut31 file? Or what it looks like in NI?

-Duality

Edited by Duality, 18 July 2006 - 09:20 AM.

#72 Gregor

Gregor
  • 43 posts

Posted 18 July 2006 - 02:42 PM

Attached File  psCut30.baf   547bytes   217 downloadsAttached File  psCut31.bcs   5.69K   207 downloadsAttached File  psCut31.baf   1.54K   198 downloadsAttached File  psCut30.bcs   1.7K   235 downloads

:crying:
Can you send me your psCut31 file? Or what it looks like in NI?

-Duality

Couldn't figure out how to attach a file to the email on the forum, so I attached them here. I threw in cutscene 30 for good measure, as well as the .baf files. I don't know what a .baf file is, but I figured better safe than sorry.

Thanks for all your efforts thus far!

#73 Duality

Duality

Deranged Mactel User

• 150 posts

Posted 18 July 2006 - 04:12 PM

Couldn't figure out how to attach a file to the email on the forum, so I attached them here. I threw in cutscene 30 for good measure, as well as the .baf files. I don't know what a .baf file is, but I figured better safe than sorry.

Thanks for all your efforts thus far!

Oh. Wow. And I mean WOW I am stupid.

Of course the thing doesn't work. I gave you the uncompiled version. Baf files aren't terribly useful to the engine. :whistling:
Attached are the compiled version. I'm really sorry about this. I don't know why it didn't occur to me earlier....
Fortunately, you included the .bcs files in your post or I would still be swearing wondering why it wasn't working. :D

-Duality

Attached Files

Edited by Duality, 18 July 2006 - 04:13 PM.

#74 Gregor

Gregor
  • 43 posts

Posted 18 July 2006 - 10:52 PM

Success! :cheers: Well, mostly... :whistling:

The cutscene plays normally, now...the apprenti all do their spectacular dying thing. However, all the dialogue before and after the cutscene seems to be coming from Jan and Korgan's scripts! This appears to be a mod conflict...I don't know where Jan's stuff is coming from, but Korgan's is coming from the Nathaniel mod. I tried the string-fixer on Nat, but no luck.

Still, I can live with that, as long as the scene MOVES, which now it does. One complaint though...you took out the goon's Boots of Speed! I was counting on them. :angry:

P.S. Sorry for the late reply...we had a power outage here. The lights just came back on!

Edited by Gregor, 18 July 2006 - 10:53 PM.

#75 Duality

Duality

Deranged Mactel User

• 150 posts

Posted 23 July 2006 - 01:29 PM

Success! :cheers: Well, mostly... :whistling:

The cutscene plays normally, now...the apprenti all do their spectacular dying thing. However, all the dialogue before and after the cutscene seems to be coming from Jan and Korgan's scripts! This appears to be a mod conflict...I don't know where Jan's stuff is coming from, but Korgan's is coming from the Nathaniel mod. I tried the string-fixer on Nat, but no luck.

Still, I can live with that, as long as the scene MOVES, which now it does. One complaint though...you took out the goon's Boots of Speed! I was counting on them. :angry:

P.S. Sorry for the late reply...we had a power outage here. The lights just came back on!

I told you I nerfed the drops :D
The string thing is probably a result of the way in which the fix got installed (and the fact that I changed some of the dialog around :whistling: ). My guess is that a clean install would fix the problem. But since it's not really an issue, who cares?

I will be out of town for a week (and away from my computer) starting tomorrow. So hopefully no one will run into any particularly evil bugs until I get back.

-Duality

#76 Gregor

Gregor
  • 43 posts

Posted 05 August 2006 - 07:05 PM

Alrighty, then! Finally finished my run through the new and improved planar sphere mod, and here's what I got for ya, D.

Here be SPOILERS:

Bugses:

1. The Spell Key you get after defeating the Incarnation of Magic is missing! I searched every square inch of that building and couldn't find it anywhere. Luckily, I was able to solve this one on my own: a little investigation via Near Infinity showed that the key wasn't coded as droppable. Shame on you, D. However, I must say that I was INORDINANTLY pleased with myself for spotting, researching, and fixing a bug all by myself with no help from no one! I used to dream about being a modder - now I ARE one!

2. Belle doesn't show up in the map room like she said she would. I went to go talk to her right after checking in on the "surprise" in the Lizard Man room off the control room, but she wasn't there. I searched the whole Sphere for the saucy minx, but she was nowhere to be found. I tried to CLUA her in, but she ended up standing ON the map, and I couldn't get near enough to talk to her. I Ctrl-Q'd her into the party (so I could Ctrl-J her off the map), then kicked her out, but all she'd give me after that was standard rejoining dialogue. I PROBABLY should have just CLUAed her in a different room, but it was quite late at that point, and I had to call it a night. Perhaps I'll give it a go another time.

3. STILL can't make any items with the forge. Not sure if this is a bug, or if I'm doing something wrong. The forge SEEMS like it's working, but all I get when I click my "forge item" icon is the screen to make an Enchanted Weapon (as in the spell of that name). I've never cast the Enchanted Weapons spell in my life, but I'm guessing the forge is supposed to give me more choices than a generic +3 sword, mace, or hammer.

4. For some reason, no matter who was shooting Comets at me, it didn't seem to affect anyone in my party at all (this was on Core rules). One or two of them might have resistances to minimize the damage: I'm afraid I wasn't paying close enough attention to whether the damage was blocked by magic resistance or not. But since NOBODY seemed to get the slightest bit burned by the things, I'm thinking it's an external issue.

5. The final showdown between Big M and Lord Ao is still dark: sound, but no picture. Weird.

Cool Stuff

1. LOVED the temple cutscene, but you're right...it is, without a doubt, the LONGEST cutscene in computer gaming history. I certainly don't want to stifle your humor (which I DID enjoy, very much), but you might want to exercise some judicious editing here and there. Also, (I'm guessing) because of where the party is positioned, not all the characters show up on the screen (never saw Talos at all), although I did get all the dialogue.

2. Similarly, the new cutscene right after killing the demi-lich is fun too, but VERY unfortunately timed, as it kicks in while the lich's Meteor Swarm is still going on. I'm watching the cut scene, but wincing because I can still hear my party taking damage "off screen".

3. Huge fan of the improvements to the Cowled Wizard badge, ESPECIALLY the fact that I can now see the whole thing, as opposed to one tiny corner of it. ;)

4. Like the additional stuff a lot, especially the moose store. However, does EVERYTHING have to be timed to occur after the demi-lich and before the final battle? That's a lot to squeeze in while you're trying to save the planes from going poof. I get why you have them there, but I wish the store in particular was more accessible than it is.

Gripes

1. Not fond of the varying rewards for the different difficulty settings in the final battle. I can live with the differing XP (which certainly makes sense), but I think he should have the same items no matter what. Just my greedy, powergamer nature.

2. Still miffed at you for taking away the Boots of Speed from the first ambush. I kept hoping you'd put them somewhere else in the mod, but they never showed up. C'mon, D...Boots of Speed are ESSENTIAL.

3. I really do wish you'd do something about making the unique spell scrolls in the mod LOOK like...spell scrolls, instead of random notes. Bugs me. :wacko:

Questions

1. Someone drops a magic book (which, again, looks like a random note!)...I think it's the Incarnation of Magic. No clue what the thing does. I experimented with it, but all I got was 15 points of damage. Is this going to be used for a yet-to-be-scripted encounter in the future?

2. Could we make Mystra's final speech all in CAPS, like a proper god should be? It makes sense that she talks like everyone else when she's been "depowered", but she should be "SHOUTING" like all the other divinites when she gets her goddess on again. Come to think of it, is Lord Ao in CAPS? I can't recall.

That's all I can think of right now. Good job with the mod so far...I'll be eagerly awaiting the next release!

#77 Duality

Duality

Deranged Mactel User

• 150 posts

Posted 06 August 2006 - 01:46 PM

Thank you! :Bow:
You win the award so far for helping me find bugs. Want a cameo? :D

Spoilers:

Bugses:

1. The Spell Key you get after defeating the Incarnation of Magic is missing! I searched every square inch of that building and couldn't find it anywhere. Luckily, I was able to solve this one on my own: a little investigation via Near Infinity showed that the key wasn't coded as droppable. Shame on you, D. However, I must say that I was INORDINANTLY pleased with myself for spotting, researching, and fixing a bug all by myself with no help from no one! I used to dream about being a modder - now I ARE one!

Ok, that's weird. Invocation (the final form) has the spell key and it isn't tagged as undroppable. No idea what's going on here.
Shouldn't that be "now I AM one!"? :P

2. Belle doesn't show up in the map room like she said she would. I went to go talk to her right after checking in on the "surprise" in the Lizard Man room off the control room, but she wasn't there. I searched the whole Sphere for the saucy minx, but she was nowhere to be found. I tried to CLUA her in, but she ended up standing ON the map, and I couldn't get near enough to talk to her. I Ctrl-Q'd her into the party (so I could Ctrl-J her off the map), then kicked her out, but all she'd give me after that was standard rejoining dialogue. I PROBABLY should have just CLUAed her in a different room, but it was quite late at that point, and I had to call it a night. Perhaps I'll give it a go another time.

Argh! I had trouble getting her to spawn properly but I thought I had managed to fix the problem. I'll take a look at it. Sorry about that.
At the moment it doesn't matter too much, since she only offers one very weird (and hopefully amusing) quest, but I was too lazy to put much in the way of rewards in. (I.E. there is no reward.) I am currently working on her main quest, but that is going to have to wait for v2.6.
Making area's takes too damn long, especially when your lazy.

3. STILL can't make any items with the forge. Not sure if this is a bug, or if I'm doing something wrong. The forge SEEMS like it's working, but all I get when I click my "forge item" icon is the screen to make an Enchanted Weapon (as in the spell of that name). I've never cast the Enchanted Weapons spell in my life, but I'm guessing the forge is supposed to give me more choices than a generic +3 sword, mace, or hammer.

Ew. Your getting the normal game spell "Enchanted weapon" and not the custom inate. *sigh*
You are using the inate the book grants you right? :P (Sorry, I had to ask, one never knows after all, and I've spent too much time trying to figure out complex solutions to problems when a simple solution was all that was needed)
I'll look into it.

4. For some reason, no matter who was shooting Comets at me, it didn't seem to affect anyone in my party at all (this was on Core rules). One or two of them might have resistances to minimize the damage: I'm afraid I wasn't paying close enough attention to whether the damage was blocked by magic resistance or not. But since NOBODY seemed to get the slightest bit burned by the things, I'm thinking it's an external issue.

For some reason Inferno added a duplicate Comet and a duplicate Implosion spell to the mod, I don't know why but my guess is that the duplicate is either being used or is interfering with the normal spell. I'll see if I can't isolate the problem.

5. The final showdown between Big M and Lord Ao is still dark: sound, but no picture. Weird.

I think I'm going to change the way that final cut works, since there seem to be a lot of problems with it.

Cool Stuff

1. LOVED the temple cutscene, but you're right...it is, without a doubt, the LONGEST cutscene in computer gaming history. I certainly don't want to stifle your humor (which I DID enjoy, very much), but you might want to exercise some judicious editing here and there. Also, (I'm guessing) because of where the party is positioned, not all the characters show up on the screen (never saw Talos at all), although I did get all the dialogue.

Editing never was my strong point. :D
Hmm... The position of the characters should have no effect on who you see. You saw the dialog though? Was the screen fog of war'd? The dialog always appears over the characters heads, which means that if you saw Talos' dialog, he was there. Can you be a little more specific on what exactly you saw? (or didn't see)

2. Similarly, the new cutscene right after killing the demi-lich is fun too, but VERY unfortunately timed, as it kicks in while the lich's Meteor Swarm is still going on. I'm watching the cut scene, but wincing because I can still hear my party taking damage "off screen".

Oops. That's my fault entirely. I didn't even think about duration spells that might stil be running when the demi-lich dies. I'll add a delay in there to give people time to move their characters before the cutscene triggers.

3. Huge fan of the improvements to the Cowled Wizard badge, ESPECIALLY the fact that I can now see the whole thing, as opposed to one tiny corner of it. ;)

:D

4. Like the additional stuff a lot, especially the moose store. However, does EVERYTHING have to be timed to occur after the demi-lich and before the final battle? That's a lot to squeeze in while you're trying to save the planes from going poof. I get why you have them there, but I wish the store in particular was more accessible than it is.

Hm.... That is a good point. I may make it so that the store exists from the demi-lich on. I'll just make him grumpier. That way you can access the store whenver you want once you have killed the lich.

Gripes

1. Not fond of the varying rewards for the different difficulty settings in the final battle. I can live with the differing XP (which certainly makes sense), but I think he should have the same items no matter what. Just my greedy, powergamer nature.

:P Anyone else want to weigh in on this? My personal preference is for the way it is, but if more people want the items I may change it.

2. Still miffed at you for taking away the Boots of Speed from the first ambush. I kept hoping you'd put them somewhere else in the mod, but they never showed up. C'mon, D...Boots of Speed are ESSENTIAL.

Hehe, you should see how I play, I usually make a beeline for the various boots of speed scattered throughout the game. Plus I use the Magnificant Magic shop (which sells two boots). I'll put one pair back in.

3. I really do wish you'd do something about making the unique spell scrolls in the mod LOOK like...spell scrolls, instead of random notes. Bugs me. :wacko:

Consider it done.

Questions

1. Someone drops a magic book (which, again, looks like a random note!)...I think it's the Incarnation of Magic. No clue what the thing does. I experimented with it, but all I got was 15 points of damage. Is this going to be used for a yet-to-be-scripted encounter in the future?

Actually, it gives the character immunity from the chaos spell. I don't know why, I think I was bored when I made it. I guess I should change the identified description to add a little more information?

2. Could we make Mystra's final speech all in CAPS, like a proper god should be? It makes sense that she talks like everyone else when she's been "depowered", but she should be "SHOUTING" like all the other divinites when she gets her goddess on again. Come to think of it, is Lord Ao in CAPS? I can't recall.

That's all I can think of right now. Good job with the mod so far...I'll be eagerly awaiting the next release!

Indeed we can. Offhand, I don't know about Ao, but I'll check.
One last thing, did you have any problems with balance? About 99% of my testing was with a L7 party and CTRL + Y, so I didn't do much balance testing.

-Duality

#78 Gregor

Gregor
  • 43 posts

Posted 06 August 2006 - 05:56 PM

[quote]Thank you!
You win the award so far for helping me find bugs. Want a cameo?
[/quote]

Well, I always DID want to be famous... :D

[quote]Ok, that's weird. Invocation (the final form) has the spell key and it isn't tagged as undroppable. No idea what's going on here.
Shouldn't that be "now I AM one!"? :P [/quote]

All I can tell ya is that on the first go round, there was no spell key, but after I went into Near Infinity and clicked "droppable" on the item edit, it was there on my next try.

Re: now I ARE one...just me mocking my non-existent modding skills. When I was in the Navy, we used to joke that Marines went around saying, "I always wanted to be a Jarhead...now I ARE one!"

[quote]Argh! I had trouble getting her to spawn properly but I thought I had managed to fix the problem. I'll take a look at it. Sorry about that.
At the moment it doesn't matter too much, since she only offers one very weird (and hopefully amusing) quest, but I was too lazy to put much in the way of rewards in. (I.E. there is no reward.) I am currently working on her main quest, but that is going to have to wait for v2.6.
Making area's takes too damn long, especially when your lazy.[/quote]

Anything from Belle would probably have seemed anti-climactic after the Big Fight anyway...I can wait to see her til you've got all her stuff worked out.

[quote]Ew. Your getting the normal game spell "Enchanted weapon" and not the custom inate. *sigh*
You are using the inate the book grants you right? :P (Sorry, I had to ask, one never knows after all, and I've spent too much time trying to figure out complex solutions to problems when a simple solution was all that was needed)
I'll look into it.[/quote]

Yes, I'm "drinking" the book before I try to use the forge.

[quote]For some reason Inferno added a duplicate Comet and a duplicate Implosion spell to the mod, I don't know why but my guess is that the duplicate is either being used or is interfering with the normal spell. I'll see if I can't isolate the problem.[/quote]

Take your time with this one. :whistling: (Oh, I'm a shameless, cowardly player, but it IS fun when the enemy pulls out the big guns and nothing happens!)

[quote]I think I'm going to change the way that final cut works, since there seem to be a lot of problems with it.[/quote]

No argument!

[quote]Hmm... The position of the characters should have no effect on who you see. You saw the dialog though? Was the screen fog of war'd? The dialog always appears over the characters heads, which means that if you saw Talos' dialog, he was there. Can you be a little more specific on what exactly you saw? (or didn't see)[/quote]

The screen moves around to where the characters are supposed to appear, but sometimes, they don't. Their dialogue appears where it should, but they themselves are absent. Like I sad, I never saw Talos at all, or Helm for that matter, but I DID see Lathander.

[quote]Oops. That's my fault entirely. I didn't even think about duration spells that might stil be running when the demi-lich dies. I'll add a delay in there to give people time to move their characters before the cutscene triggers.[/quote]

That would be nice. B)

[quote]Hm.... That is a good point. I may make it so that the store exists from the demi-lich on. I'll just make him grumpier. That way you can access the store whenver you want once you have killed the lich.[/quote]

Excellent.

[quote]Hehe, you should see how I play, I usually make a beeline for the various boots of speed scattered throughout the game. Plus I use the Magnificant Magic shop (which sells two boots). I'll put one pair back in.[/quote]

Excellent! I might also suggest that you make them "forgeable"? All those worn-out boots in the game should serve SOME purpose. (I'm suprised they haven't used them for something in Unfinished Business...the game creators must have had something in mind when they gave them to the two characters in the Fallen Paladin's quest.

[quote]Consider it done.[/quote]

EXCELLENT!!!

[quote]Actually, it gives the character immunity from the chaos spell. I don't know why, I think I was bored when I made it. I guess I should change the identified description to add a little more information?[/quote]

Really? Nice little affect, but what was the 15 damage all about? I'd definitely like to see some more info in the item description.

[quote]Indeed we can. Offhand, I don't know about Ao, but I'll check.[/quote]

That would be nice.

[quote]One last thing, did you have any problems with balance? About 99% of my testing was with a L7 party and CTRL + Y, so I didn't do much balance testing.[/quote]

Not sure I can be much help to you here...I cheated SHAMELESSLY with Ctrol+T during the Big Battle. Hey, I was playing on Insane to get the items! I NEVER play on Insane! In any case, for the rest of the mod (on Core) and with a full six-person party, I didn't find it too hard or too easy. Of course, I had a lot of stuff from Improved Asylum and CoM Encounters (two REMARKABLY cheesy mods that add TONS of overpowered items), so you might want to get the opinion of a few more people who are of sterner moral fiber than myself.

-Duality
[/quote]

Edited by Gregor, 06 August 2006 - 05:59 PM.

#79 Duality

Duality

Deranged Mactel User

• 150 posts

Posted 12 August 2006 - 05:44 PM

Well, you are right and shame on me. The key wasn't tagged as droppable.
I fixed (and uploaded, not as fixes, I just updated the install):

1. The spell key is now droppable
2. Demilich now has a 10 second delay after his death before the cut starts.
3. The store now lasts indefinitely, he just gets a little grumpier.
4. One of the adventurers now drops his Boots O' Speed.
5. Mystra and Ao's final speechs are in caps.
6. The weird magic book now has a description that makes sense.
7. Belle really ought to spawn now. But somehow I doubt she will, since she's been a real pain since she wrote herself in. However, I have decided to change her role slightly. The current joke quest will be her only quest; it doesn't make sense for the longer one I was planning to occur after the final battle. I guess I'll have to figure out something else to do with these areas.

I'm still trying to figure out what the forge's problem is, this is really beginning to get on my nerves.
And I still have no idea what's with comet, I've been too lazy to do much testing of it.
(and I know you wanted those unique spell scrolls Gregor, but your just going to have to wait, don't worry though, I will get around to it. Eventually. :P )

For those of you who run into the spell key problem, just clua in "pskey".

-Duality

Edited by Duality, 13 August 2006 - 10:46 AM.

#80 Chevalier

Chevalier

Knight of the Realms

• Modder
  • 2405 posts

Posted 30 September 2006 - 03:23 AM

Duality,

So when are we going to see your improved version?? Even a public beta would be cool.

I Ride for the King!

a.k.a. Chev