Photo

Stone to Flesh bug in Tutu?

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 cvieor

cvieor
  • 8 posts

Posted 12 April 2006 - 11:13 PM

I'm trying to free Branwen from her spell, and every time I cast the stone to flesh scroll on her nothing happens.  It doesn't even say anything on the bottom of the screen that it was cast.  It runs through the whole animation and sounds.  This is with an Easytutu install.  Am I doing something wrong or is this a bug (I don't want to have to start over!) I'm doing this with Edwin, does it have to be with my PC?

edit:Nevermind, read the top.  So if I uninstall the component will I be fine?  How exactly do I fix this and keep my save intact?

Edited by cvieor, 12 April 2006 - 11:21 PM.

#2 the bigg

the bigg

2083 is a prime number.

• Modder
  • 3331 posts

Posted 13 April 2006 - 01:57 AM

Download the fix from http://www.shsforums...showtopic=18505 and reinstall tb#tweaks, or simply uninstall tb#tweaks. The actual Branwen creature is not changed, it's just the unpetrify spell that is wrong.

Italian users: help test the Stivan NPC!

Author or Co-Author: WeiDU - Widescreen - Generalized Biffing - Refinements - TB#Tweaks - IWD2Tweaks - TB#Characters - Traify Tool - Some mods that I won't mention in public
Maintainer: Semi-Multi Clerics - Nalia Mod - Nvidia Fix
Code dumps: Detect custom secondary types - Stutter Investigator

If possible, send diffs, translations and other contributions using Git.

#3 cvieor

cvieor
  • 8 posts

Posted 13 April 2006 - 06:52 AM

I had used that and the problem still happened :(

#4 the bigg

the bigg

2083 is a prime number.

• Modder
  • 3331 posts

Posted 13 April 2006 - 06:58 AM

Drat, I uploaded a non-fixed file. Could you try again with the new file I uploaded, if it isn't a problem?

Author or Co-Author: WeiDU - Widescreen - Generalized Biffing - Refinements - TB#Tweaks - IWD2Tweaks - TB#Characters - Traify Tool - Some mods that I won't mention in public

#5 cvieor

cvieor
  • 8 posts

Posted 13 April 2006 - 02:00 PM

Sorry, just went home for a short break from school.  I uninstalled Tutu, I might reinstall Monday, got a few papers to do and finals coming up :(  Can I load up my old save with this or will it be corrupted?  I'll reinstall all of my mods in the same order and such.

Edited by cvieor, 13 April 2006 - 02:03 PM.

#6 the bigg

the bigg

2083 is a prime number.

• Modder
  • 3331 posts

Posted 13 April 2006 - 02:08 PM

Yes, you can try that, but it's usually a risky business.

#7 cvieor

cvieor
  • 8 posts

Posted 13 April 2006 - 08:16 PM

Are you going to just release a new version of the tweaks soon? Also, is there a way to find a group of testers, being a lone one is hard :(

#8 the bigg

the bigg

2083 is a prime number.

• Modder
  • 3331 posts

Posted 14 April 2006 - 02:40 AM

I'm not sure wether I'll release a new version soon or not.

Re the beta testers: it goes by tradition that tweak pack testing onus is on the players, so ;)

#9 melkor_morgoth75

melkor_morgoth75

Lord

• Modder
  • 1509 posts

Posted 27 June 2007 - 02:26 AM

I'm wondering if it's an unsolved bug or i'm an ugly man (ok, may be the 2nd...), but i have the same Branwen issue ... i installed the tweak pack (but i put the newer files BEFORE the install) ... did i do something wrong maybe?

thanks in advance,

mm75

Edited by melkor_morgoth75, 27 June 2007 - 02:27 AM.

Tired of the same boring spawned creatures u face in BG? Try BGSpawn

#10 the bigg

the bigg

2083 is a prime number.

• Modder
  • 3331 posts

Posted 27 June 2007 - 03:07 AM

It looks like the file I uploaded was corrupted at some point in time. Either Near Infinity or my hard drive hates me.

#11 melkor_morgoth75

melkor_morgoth75

Lord

• Modder
  • 1509 posts

Posted 27 June 2007 - 05:17 AM

It looks like the file I uploaded was corrupted at some point in time. Either Near Infinity or my hard drive hates me.

Ok, not a critical issue if i can't use the fix, but is there any chance to download the correct one? Or is the one provided to the link fine now?

tx,

mm75

Tired of the same boring spawned creatures u face in BG? Try BGSpawn

#12 the bigg

the bigg

2083 is a prime number.

• Modder
  • 3331 posts

Posted 27 June 2007 - 07:37 AM

I have no copy of the correct one, apparently.

#13 Bursk

Bursk
  • 72 posts

Posted 23 August 2007 - 10:30 AM

Can anyone please confirm if this problem still exists in v2.10? If so, I guess the simple solution is just not to use it in Tutu?

Also, the old version of the mod had this text regarding the Imprisonment Fix:

Due to how I implemented this, it's advised that you never get 25 int by cheating or whatever. Also, some creatures won't be imprisoned properly (if they are immune to int-modifying), and others will be imprisoned when "Maze" is cast on them (if they have 25 int: Mordenkainen's sword and Kuroisan, and they both are immune to imprisonment, so... :) ).

Is this still the case with v2.10? I'm guessing not, since that text no longer appears in the readme, but I'd just like to double-check. If it is still the case, would it be best if I didn't cast the Mordenkainen's Sword spell at all, so that no enemy mages will accidently imprison it?

Cheers.

#14 the bigg

the bigg

2083 is a prime number.

• Modder
  • 3331 posts

Posted 23 August 2007 - 11:35 AM

The tutu problem should be fixed.

As for 25 Int, there should be no actual problem in real situations, since Mordenkainens are immune to imprisonment and would get de-summoned anyway (as would do other summons). The only real problems is for people who have 25 int, if a permanent maze is unadvisable for them (= party members).

#15 Bursk

Bursk
  • 72 posts

Posted 23 August 2007 - 12:37 PM

Ah, but which party members are going to have 25 Int without cheating? None that I can think of. It sounds like a non-issue to me.

Thanks for your help, Bigg. ^_^