Photo

Where'd Her Spells Go??

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 EntilZah

EntilZah
  • 5 posts

Posted 06 August 2002 - 05:38 AM

I think I read something about this earlier, but cannot find anything.

Imagine my surprise: we are cooking along, just finishing up whacking the Elemental Price of Air and cutting off Mellisandre's first supply of Bhaal essence. Tashia gets to level up. I do, and it is the first time I have all of the HLA's selected, so there are no options left, including extra spells. (not sure what level, but should be easy to figure out). But there is "Alchemy" and "Scribe Scrolls" available. So, I select scribe scrolls. No problem.

Except that the Quick Slot we usually access spells from is greyed out. Never mind that I had more spells than I knew what to do with immediately before I leveled up! So I am forced to finish of TOB with Tashia essentially useless.

I have (in approximate order) Nalia Romance, TOB patch, Baldurdash fixpack, Tashia, Kelsey 1.03 Full, Weimer's Ease-of-Use, & Weimer's Expanded items MODs.

Any idea what went wrong and how to fix it? I was able to finish off TOB (my first time) OK, but would like to prevent this from happening in the future.

#2 Ereion

Ereion
  • 8 posts

Posted 06 August 2002 - 12:59 PM

I think that you are supposed to have installed the TOB patch first, then baldurdash fixpack, and then the others, I think you need Nalia romance last but I'm not sure.

#3 Gorrister

Gorrister

Doesn't matter anyway...

• 48 posts

Posted 06 August 2002 - 01:50 PM

Tashia gets to level up. I do, and it is the first time I have all of the HLA's selected, so there are no options left, including extra spells. (not sure what level, but should be easy to figure out). But there is "Alchemy" and "Scribe Scrolls" available. So, I select scribe scrolls.

Eh? You were able to select Scribe Scrolls and Alchemy from Tashia's HLA's? I never seen those two options in there before and I totally maxed her out long before the final battle.

I think that you are supposed to have installed the TOB patch first, then baldurdash fixpack, and then the others, I think you need Nalia romance last.

It's ToB official patch, ToB Beta Patch (If you need it), Baldurdash fixes, Nalia, then the WeiDU mods in any order.

....or so I've been told. B)
Ssshh! Quiet! You smell that?

#4 Gospel

Gospel
  • 338 posts

Posted 06 August 2002 - 02:04 PM

Eh? You were able to select Scribe Scrolls and Alchemy from Tashia's HLA's? I never seen those two options in there before and I totally maxed her out long before the final battle.

I believe those were included in Blucher sir's Un-nerfed THAC0 table/ Divine spell progression etc. component, sir ^_^
Is kitty :)

#5 reiella

reiella

Meowth-Class Juggernaut

• 216 posts

Posted 06 August 2002 - 02:07 PM

Scribe Scrolls/Alchemy is part of Ease of Use I believe. The 'unnerfed spell progression table' or somesuch I believe.

Beyond that I don't know.

Load up a bunch of Wish scrolls and try to rest your party, and see if the spell icon comes back on a 'full rest'. Or just load up a save outside the Throne, boost her xp, and see if recurs and try resting.

You might have gotten too many spells of a given level (going over 20 is dangerous for Wizard types, not sure for Sorcs though).

#6 Gorrister

Gorrister

Doesn't matter anyway...

• 48 posts

Posted 06 August 2002 - 02:35 PM

Ah I see, I skipped loading that component of the 'Ease of Use' mod. :)
Ssshh! Quiet! You smell that?

#7 Userunfriendly

Userunfriendly

Replendent Beta Tester of Madness!!!

• 2175 posts

Posted 14 August 2002 - 09:05 PM

if you check wes's forum on ease of use, its not other mod's friendly...

its userunfriendly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:D :D :lol: ;) :rolleyes: :P

sorry, sorry...

i have read a lot of bug reports that claim it does not play nice with other mods...ok for wes mods, but not others...

also, i have had some difficulty with ascention and nalia loaded, i loaded nalia last, and that was my mistake...
They call me....

Darth...

Darth Gizka...

#8 -Escuan-

-Escuan-

Posted 18 August 2002 - 07:52 PM

The faster Chapter 1&2 Cut-Scenes & Dreams in the Easy of Use back are not compatible with BOTH Nalia and Tashia Romances. So if you installed those, uninstall them.

#9 EntilZah

EntilZah
  • 5 posts

Posted 19 August 2002 - 07:18 AM

No faster Cut-scenes and Dreams, primarily for the Tashia incompatibility reason.