Photo

Mega-WeiDU Install Instructions/Latest Versions

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
217 replies to this topic

#21 radish_hoedown

radish_hoedown
  • 201 posts

Posted 19 June 2006 - 01:24 PM

or do what dragonian says, it's much less hassle: you dont want to be uninstalling things if at all possible.. fast ticket to eventually messing up your install, seriously.

#22 margrave

margrave
  • 65 posts

Posted 22 June 2006 - 12:17 PM

Quick question,

You mention unzipping Xvart before running the NEJ setup stuff and a reference to it checking Xvart but you don't say to run setup-Xvart.exe. Do you need to run Xvart before installing NEJ and hence everything to follow?

Cheers

#23 erebusant

erebusant

It takes a village...

• Modder
  • 2109 posts

Posted 22 June 2006 - 12:31 PM

Quick question,

You mention unzipping Xvart before running the NEJ setup stuff and a reference to it checking Xvart but you don't say to run setup-Xvart.exe. Do you need to run Xvart before installing NEJ and hence everything to follow?

Cheers

No. I run setup-Xvart.exe at the very end of the smaller mods section just before running BPv176. The only reason it's where it is in the install instruction is when I 1st wrote it it was a handy place to put the download location, and a handy auto-updater for the other setup.exe's.

It takes a village...

#24 margrave

margrave
  • 65 posts

Posted 22 June 2006 - 12:37 PM

I'm apparently half retarded because I read the later step and still posted here. But your explanation helps me understand better.

Thanx

#25 Radier

Radier
  • 34 posts

Posted 23 June 2006 - 12:51 AM

Erebusant, thanxs for that list. :cheers:
I hope you keep it updated later on when new BP-weidu and Worldmap and so on are released.

#26 The Saint

The Saint
  • 50 posts

Posted 23 June 2006 - 07:02 AM

So it's this time of the year again. Vacation, plenty of time, and an inclination to play some BG. and every time I run into problems trying to install this ever-growing beast.

Now, followed your instructions but I'm experiencing problems already when I have to unpack Nej. I press accept, and the unpacking begins, but already in the log several red errors appear

example of a few
CRC failed in NeJ\ogg\YXUN_41.ogg
Extracting NeJ\ogg\YXUN_42.ogg
CRC failed in NeJ\ogg\YXUN_42.ogg
Extracting NeJ\misc\BEETB.PRO
Extracting NeJ2\are\TT0070.slh
CRC failed in NeJ2\are\TT0070.slh

And at the end of the unpack I get an error saying some of the files may be corrupt, and that I should download it again. So I do. but also the second NeJ2v42b.exe file, downloaded from another place (here), gives me the same errors.

Anyone got some advice on what I might have fucked up?

#27 erebusant

erebusant

It takes a village...

• Modder
  • 2109 posts

Posted 23 June 2006 - 07:15 AM

So it's this time of the year again. Vacation, plenty of time, and an inclination to play some BG. and every time I run into problems trying to install this ever-growing beast.

Now, followed your instructions but I'm experiencing problems already when I have to unpack Nej. I press accept, and the unpacking begins, but already in the log several red errors appear

example of a few
CRC failed in NeJ\ogg\YXUN_41.ogg
Extracting NeJ\ogg\YXUN_42.ogg
CRC failed in NeJ\ogg\YXUN_42.ogg
Extracting NeJ\misc\BEETB.PRO
Extracting NeJ2\are\TT0070.slh
CRC failed in NeJ2\are\TT0070.slh

And at the end of the unpack I get an error saying some of the files may be corrupt, and that I should download it again. So I do. but also the second NeJ2v42b.exe file, downloaded from another place (here), gives me the same errors.

Anyone got some advice on what I might have fucked up?

Don't think it's you. Sounds like you have a corrupted archive. The only crc error I ever got was with MXLeinaA.acm at one point in time. I've since gotten a non-corrupted archive that doesn't give me any problems. One of these links should give you a good download.

http://vlad.blackwyr...es/NeJ2v42b.exe
http://dragonshoard....oad.php?mod=262
http://america.iegmc...ej/NeJ2v42b.exe

It takes a village...

#28 The Saint

The Saint
  • 50 posts

Posted 23 June 2006 - 08:30 AM

I've already tried dragons hoard and http://iegmc.mirror....dia.com.sg/nej/, but I'll try the one from vlad himself

#29 erebusant

erebusant

It takes a village...

• Modder
  • 2109 posts

Posted 23 June 2006 - 10:11 AM

I've already tried dragons hoard and http://iegmc.mirror....dia.com.sg/nej/, but I'll try the one from vlad himself

I think the IEGMC mirror you tried is the European one. I think I got my uncorrupted archive from the america.iegmc mirror site. Not sure why, but it did seem to make a difference.

It takes a village...

#30 The Saint

The Saint
  • 50 posts

Posted 24 June 2006 - 04:58 AM

I think the IEGMC mirror you tried is the European one. I think I got my uncorrupted archive from the america.iegmc mirror site. Not sure why, but it did seem to make a difference.

I downloaded the one from vlads page, and it works like a charm, thanks.

#31 The Saint

The Saint
  • 50 posts

Posted 24 June 2006 - 10:29 AM

Just finished downloading RoT, but when trying to install it, I get the following error

____
[RoTerror/SNIP/BAF/Mage/MAGE12C.BAF] PARSE ERROR at line 25 column 48-48
Near Text: )
unknown object CLASS specifier [LONG_BOW]

[RoTerror/SNIP/BAF/Mage/MAGE12C.BAF] ERROR at line 25 column 48-48
Parsing.Parse_error
ERROR: parsing [RoTerror/SNIP/BAF/Mage/MAGE12C.BAF]: Parsing.Parse_error
ERROR: error compiling [RoTerror/SNIP/BAF/Mage/MAGE12C.BAF]: Parsing.Parse_error
ERROR: compiling [RoTerror/SNIP/BAF/Mage/MAGE12C.BAF]!
Stopping installation because of error.
____

Any takers on the problem?

#32 seanas

seanas
  • Modder
  • 1906 posts

Posted 24 June 2006 - 10:52 AM

the most likely culprit is that you've installed something prior to RoT that has screwed yr CLASS.IDS file. surprisingly, there are quite a few mods that do this.

"A simple test of the relative merits of science and religion is to compare lighting your house at night by prayer or electricity" - A. C. Grayling
"EFF files have saves, too." - CamDawg
|| this is radio seanas || BP Series v3 || seanas at work ||

#33 Zyrusticae

Zyrusticae
  • 53 posts

Posted 24 June 2006 - 12:54 PM

I just want to make a few notes.

Azenmod conflicted with my installation and prevented me from starting up a BG2 game.

Also, FR & ROV will make the game skip the initial BG2 intro cutscene and the RoT cutscene. (So if ya frequently start up new games, I guess that's good for ya.)

Just for future reference.

Edited by Zyrusticae, 24 June 2006 - 12:56 PM.

#34 erebusant

erebusant

It takes a village...

• Modder
  • 2109 posts

Posted 24 June 2006 - 03:21 PM

the most likely culprit is that you've installed something prior to RoT that has screwed yr CLASS.IDS file. surprisingly, there are quite a few mods that do this.

seanas, doesn't the SoS mod take the Long_Bow thing into account? I seem to recall a fix for that in the readme after it is installed.

It takes a village...

#35 erebusant

erebusant

It takes a village...

• Modder
  • 2109 posts

Posted 24 June 2006 - 03:31 PM

Just finished downloading RoT, but when trying to install it, I get the following error

____
[RoTerror/SNIP/BAF/Mage/MAGE12C.BAF] PARSE ERROR at line 25 column 48-48
unknown object CLASS specifier [LONG_BOW]

[RoTerror/SNIP/BAF/Mage/MAGE12C.BAF] ERROR at line 25 column 48-48
Parsing.Parse_error
ERROR: parsing [RoTerror/SNIP/BAF/Mage/MAGE12C.BAF]: Parsing.Parse_error
ERROR: error compiling [RoTerror/SNIP/BAF/Mage/MAGE12C.BAF]: Parsing.Parse_error
ERROR: compiling [RoTerror/SNIP/BAF/Mage/MAGE12C.BAF]!
____

Any takers on the problem?

Found the part of the SoS Readme.
v105: Changes/fixes from v104
--------------------------------
1) LONG_BOW/MAGE_ALL issue fixed. All scrips have MAGE_ALL check now.

Do you have SoS installed? If not, try installing v1.11 as it incorporates all the previous version fixes and has been made compatible with RoTerror WeiDU as per the readme.

It takes a village...

#36 Radier

Radier
  • 34 posts

Posted 25 June 2006 - 12:59 AM

Maybe this is a little of-topic but since it is a part of my monsterinstall plan...
Do any of you guys know a mod that takes the fog of war away? :)

#37 erebusant

erebusant

It takes a village...

• Modder
  • 2109 posts

Posted 25 June 2006 - 06:41 AM

Maybe this is a little of-topic but since it is a part of my monsterinstall plan...

Look on the america.iegmc.net site under hlid category. ClearFogofWar.rar.

It takes a village...

#38 Radier

Radier
  • 34 posts

Posted 25 June 2006 - 11:16 AM

Look on the america.iegmc.net site under hlid category. ClearFogofWar.rar.

Thank's mate!

#39 erebusant

erebusant

It takes a village...

• Modder
  • 2109 posts

Posted 26 June 2006 - 03:51 PM

For all that use the Tweak Packs, BG2-Tweakpack is out which combines G3 Tweakpack/TuTu Tweaks/Ease of Use. I'll update my install shortly.

It takes a village...

#40 ronin

ronin
  • Modder
  • 2114 posts

Posted 26 June 2006 - 10:47 PM

For all that use the Tweak Packs, BG2-Tweakpack is out which combines G3 Tweakpack/TuTu Tweaks/Ease of Use. I'll update my install shortly.

You sure you want to do that? Its only a Beta right now only released for testing.

ronin