Photo

Mega-WeiDU Install Instructions/Latest Versions

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
217 replies to this topic

#201 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 20 September 2006 - 01:46 PM

Don't do the Baldur.bcs. That's just a pared down version without a lot of the SoS item checks, etc, etc. Do you have Near Infinity available to look at your area bcs files with? You'll want to see that your file looks something like like in this thread: http://www.shsforums...showtopic=21999

Ok, I have downloaded the NI editor and replaced the AR0602.BCS as suggested in the post above.
Now, after talking to the Duke about Sarevoc's death, accepting to do to Amn, and being jumped by Mae'var's goons, I see the movie intro for BG2 and I see a child version of me talking to Gorion...
Is everything here what is supposed to be for a successful BG1/BG2 transistion?

-Younes

#202 erebusant

erebusant

It takes a village...

• Modder
  • 2109 posts

Posted 20 September 2006 - 02:42 PM

Don't do the Baldur.bcs. That's just a pared down version without a lot of the SoS item checks, etc, etc. Do you have Near Infinity available to look at your area bcs files with? You'll want to see that your file looks something like like in this thread: http://www.shsforums...showtopic=21999

Ok, I have downloaded the NI editor and replaced the AR0602.BCS as suggested in the post above.
Now, after talking to the Duke about Sarevoc's death, accepting to do to Amn, and being jumped by Mae'var's goons, I see the movie intro for BG2 and I see a child version of me talking to Gorion...
Is everything here what is supposed to be for a successful BG1/BG2 transistion?

-Younes

You have CtB Chores component installed, so yes, all is as it should be. As soon as you complete your chores for the umpteenth time and get your ability for that day you will jump back to Irenicus Dungeon and be off and running. Good Luck!! :)

It takes a village...

#203 abbatik

abbatik
  • 28 posts

Posted 20 September 2006 - 11:19 PM

Hi all

I had a problem at installation D0QUESTPACK -> General AI Improvements -> All Creature Improvements
Gives out here such error:

SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2 0 0 Installed ~General AI Improvements~
ERROR: Failure("CITTERN.ITM: read out of bounds")

you'll be pleased to know that this is not a D0Quest issue, nor a BP issue: one of the mods you've installed has corrupted the file CITTERN.ITM. try removing that file from yr override folder and re-installing the D0Quests.

Installed precisely as in WeiDUInstallLog082406.txt all the same gives out this error
Tried to install D0QUESTPACK right after NEJ the same result :crying:

#204 erebusant

erebusant

It takes a village...

• Modder
  • 2109 posts

Posted 21 September 2006 - 05:02 AM

Hi all

I had a problem at installation D0QUESTPACK -> General AI Improvements -> All Creature Improvements

you'll be pleased to know that this is not a D0Quest issue, nor a BP issue: one of the mods you've installed has corrupted the file CITTERN.ITM. try removing that file from yr override folder and re-installing the D0Quests.

Installed precisely as in WeiDUInstallLog082406.txt all the same gives out this error

Does the install stop, or just note a bunch of errors? Also, is this the very 1st component of D0Questpak, or the 2nd? I believe the actual WeiDU log entries in the Questpack are somewhat screwed up and don't get entered into the log properly (which causes a lot of confusion). If you look at the WeiDU log from 071206, I make the "pen&ink" changes to the WeiDU log to reflect what the different component #'s actually correlate to. Component #0 the AI enhancement installs fine, component #1 the (Improved Areas/Critters) component would not install for me either. Component #2 is actually "Miscellaneous Enhancements", and component #3 is the "Additional Shadow Thieves Content". I think something needs to be changed in the .tp2 in order for the WeiDU log to record the component names properly, but I don't know what. Sorry for the confusion.

It takes a village...

#205 abbatik

abbatik
  • 28 posts

Posted 21 September 2006 - 05:50 AM

Hi all

Does the install stop, or just note a bunch of errors? Also, is this the very 1st component of D0Questpak, or the 2nd? I believe the actual WeiDU log entries in the Questpack are somewhat screwed up and don't get entered into the log properly (which causes a lot of confusion). If you look at the WeiDU log from 071206, I make the "pen&ink" changes to the WeiDU log to reflect what the different component #'s actually correlate to. Component #0 the AI enhancement installs fine, component #1 the (Improved Areas/Critters) component would not install for me either. Component #2 is actually "Miscellaneous Enhancements", and component #3 is the "Additional Shadow Thieves Content". I think something needs to be changed in the .tp2 in order for the WeiDU log to record the component names properly, but I don't know what. Sorry for the confusion.

Yes installation thus stops completely
Ah yes I now seem all have understood. I was entered into confusion by two Weidu Log :doh:
If to look at WeiDUInstallLog071206.txt that #0 General AI Improvements at me also it is perfectly installed
While #1 Creature and Area Improvements it is not installed in general as you and spoke
Simply in WeiDUInstallLog082406.txt it turns out #1 Creature and Area Improvements like as it is installed
Big to you thanks erebusant :cheers:

#206 abbatik

abbatik
  • 28 posts

Posted 24 September 2006 - 10:02 PM

Hi
Small question
Whether will be problems if to install component Multiple Strongholds from BG2 Tweak Pack?

#207 impe

impe
  • 34 posts

Posted 25 September 2006 - 12:25 AM

i have just a few questions... I have been reading the install guides on this thread.. i have just bought the 4 in 1 boxset of BG(this includes BG1 and 2 plus their expansions on a DVD format) i was just wondering

1) Do i still need to download the update patch for those games or are they already patched to the latest version?

2) are all the steps here willl work with that version of BG?

thanks for reading my post..

#208 seanas

seanas
  • Modder
  • 1906 posts

Posted 25 September 2006 - 01:09 AM

Hi
Small question
Whether will be problems if to install component Multiple Strongholds from BG2 Tweak Pack?

Multiple Strongholds will work fine. there's an outside chance you might experience some problems if you've got TS installed, but in all the years i've installed BP (with TS) i've never actually had any problems with the Multiple Strongholds.

i have just a few questions... I have been reading the install guides on this thread.. i have just bought the 4 in 1 boxset of BG(this includes BG1 and 2 plus their expansions on a DVD format) i was just wondering

1) Do i still need to download the update patch for those games or are they already patched to the latest version?

2) are all the steps here willl work with that version of BG?

to be honest, i don't know if you'll need to patch or not. you'll need to check which versions of BG1 and BG-TOB yr boxset is installing (you can find out after you've installed by starting the game; the documentation should tell you too). if BG1 is v5512, and BG-TOB is v26498, then no, no patching is needed. if they're not these versions: then yes, patching is needed.

as long as the versions yr installing are v5512 and v26498, then all the steps listed i nthis thread will work.

"A simple test of the relative merits of science and religion is to compare lighting your house at night by prayer or electricity" - A. C. Grayling
"EFF files have saves, too." - CamDawg
|| this is radio seanas || BP Series v3 || seanas at work ||

#209 impe

impe
  • 34 posts

Posted 25 September 2006 - 01:55 AM

tnx for the quick reply.. i have also read that i will be using the bg2 engine while playing BP+BGT.. i have also read about this somewhere i think its BG1 tutu... is this the same? thanks again...

By the way seanas i have read your guide about installing BP+BGT.. but there is no ROT mod there... can i install it anywhere in the install order?

#210 Azazello

Azazello

The Anti-Spammer

• Staff
  • 1912 posts

Posted 25 September 2006 - 04:19 AM

By the way seanas i have read your guide about installing BP+BGT.. but there is no ROT mod there... can i install it anywhere in the install order?

It is in there. Read it again.

Hint: "All other mods..."

"I gladly simp for jastey" -- Aza
==========================================================
"You ever notice that "What the hell?!" is the answer to just about everything?"
==========================================================

"Girls are like phones, they like to be held and talked too, but if you press the wrong button, you will be disconnected!" DJ Nikodemus
================================================================
Community Contributions
* Level 1 NPCs * gMinion: expanded TP2 for MegaInstalls * PSM (PSQM): expanded scripts for Melanthium * Shar Nadal (DSotSC-BGT) revision * non-detectable Cloak of Non-Detection ?? * Weimer's-Tactics: revised TP2 for MegaInstalls * a directory of Mega-Installation Guides *

#211 seanas

seanas
  • Modder
  • 1906 posts

Posted 25 September 2006 - 04:28 AM

tnx for the quick reply.. i have also read that i will be using the bg2 engine while playing BP+BGT.. i have also read about this somewhere i think its BG1 tutu... is this the same? thanks again...

good spot: i've updated the BP+BGT install order sticky: Reign of Terror goes in step three, with SoS/ TDD/ TS/ CtB/ NEJ2.

Tutu and BGT do largely the same thing: convert BG1 to run on the BG2 engine. the primary difference, in this context, is that if yr doing a mega-install, you'll be using BGT.

"A simple test of the relative merits of science and religion is to compare lighting your house at night by prayer or electricity" - A. C. Grayling

#212 seanas

seanas
  • Modder
  • 1906 posts

Posted 25 September 2006 - 04:31 AM

It is in there. Read it again.

Hint: "All other mods..."

that was my initial thought too, but i decided to check erebusant's latest weidu.log just to see where he'd put it, and it was before BGT, so it makes snese, from a consistency of advice point of view, to recommend RoT is installed at the same point that the other large mods are.

if nothing else, it will avoid any unintended biffing issues that might arise should a user decide to install 1/2GB of other mods before they got around to RoT then wondered why their game fell over....

#213 impe

impe
  • 34 posts

Posted 25 September 2006 - 12:00 PM

tnx.. iam going to do that mega install now.. if ever i got any more problems i will be posting back again.. :)

#214 Azazello

Azazello

The Anti-Spammer

• Staff
  • 1912 posts

Posted 25 September 2006 - 06:56 PM

that was my initial thought too, but i decided to check erebusant's latest weidu.log just to see where he'd put it, and it was before BGT, so it makes snese, from a consistency of advice point of view, to recommend RoT is installed at the same point that the other large mods are.

That was a wise choice.

The mod's also buggy like those big mods are/were.

#215 seanas

seanas
  • Modder
  • 1906 posts

Posted 26 September 2006 - 01:55 AM

well, there is a reason why i had to look up someone else's install order to see where it should go...

#216 erebusant

erebusant

It takes a village...

• Modder
  • 2109 posts

Posted 27 September 2006 - 05:33 AM

well, there is a reason why i had to look up someone else's install order to see where it should go...

I've had relatively good success with at least the early part of RoT and the IWD portion of it. The biggest issue so far is Alissa.cre. Looking at the .cre's in the RoTerror/cre folder with NI, even they seem to have the string offsets set off by a factor of 1. (ie; Alissa's name and Apparent name reference 81353 which is someone else's name, and the reference should be 81354). Same thing happens on down the line. The interjections and the hurt references are all off by 1. I'm going to do some more playing to try to fix her right. Also, working on a install minus NEJ2 so I can get the D0Questpack, and various other install issues resolved.

It takes a village...

#217 Azazello

Azazello

The Anti-Spammer

• Staff
  • 1912 posts

Posted 27 September 2006 - 09:22 PM

Cool. Good luck.

So the Alissa fix you posted in RoT forum is not yet complete? Lemme know when done, as I'm nowheres near even IwD yet, so I'll add the corrections later.

#218 erebusant

erebusant

It takes a village...

• Modder
  • 2109 posts

Posted 28 September 2006 - 03:13 AM

Cool. Good luck.

So the Alissa fix you posted in RoT forum is not yet complete? Lemme know when done, as I'm nowheres near even IwD yet, so I'll add the corrections later.

It's done. Mordragon too. :P

It takes a village...