Photo

Mega-Install Music Problem

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Zyrusticae

Zyrusticae
  • 53 posts

Posted 18 June 2006 - 01:44 PM

Alright, well... I finished my mega-install, and I notice something wrong when I finally start playing the game.

For some reason, all of my music - the ambient music, the battle music, etc. - simply doesn't work. The only music I hear is some odd 'sad' theme whenever a battle starts. The ambient music doesn't work at all.

*Sigh* I really don't know what mod could have caused this. (I've already eliminated the BG1 NPC music project and the Kelsey NPC mod from potential culprits.)

Somebody... help?

Attached Files

#2 Azazello

Azazello

The Anti-Spammer

• Staff
  • 1912 posts

Posted 18 June 2006 - 01:59 PM

Look in your baldur.ini file, look for lines like 'Volume Movie=', 'Volume Music=', etc. Are the = values zero or low numbers (like 10)? If so, you just need to adjust these values in the game: go to Options, Sounds, and drag the sliders to the right to whatever position you want.

The other possibility is that if your computer's volume is set too low (especially the Wave setting in Volume), the sounds in BG will sound really low. So check that too.

"I gladly simp for jastey" -- Aza
==========================================================
"You ever notice that "What the hell?!" is the answer to just about everything?"
==========================================================

"Girls are like phones, they like to be held and talked too, but if you press the wrong button, you will be disconnected!" DJ Nikodemus
================================================================
Community Contributions
* Level 1 NPCs * gMinion: expanded TP2 for MegaInstalls * PSM (PSQM): expanded scripts for Melanthium * Shar Nadal (DSotSC-BGT) revision * non-detectable Cloak of Non-Detection ?? * Weimer's-Tactics: revised TP2 for MegaInstalls * a directory of Mega-Installation Guides *

#3 Zyrusticae

Zyrusticae
  • 53 posts

Posted 18 June 2006 - 02:58 PM

No, no, it's not the volume. I hear the sounds just fine. The music plays, and I hear it - the problem is that it's the wrong music. And none of the ambient music plays at all. :doh:

#4 Azazello

Azazello

The Anti-Spammer

• Staff
  • 1912 posts

Posted 18 June 2006 - 03:25 PM

Then its the GUI you have setup. Look in weidu.log, search for SETUP-GUI - which GUI do you have assigned?

#5 Zyrusticae

Zyrusticae
  • 53 posts

Posted 18 June 2006 - 03:34 PM

Actually, I've switched my GUI several times. It's currently the NEJ GUI. Doesn't matter which GUI I use, though, as it doesn't change the in-game music.

#6 Zyrusticae

Zyrusticae
  • 53 posts

Posted 21 June 2006 - 10:11 AM

I don't mean to double-post, but I'd like someone to take a look at this.

The music I hear is strange - I don't know if a mod intentionally changes it or not. I've reinstalled it with nothing but the big mods and it's still the same odd music - that is, during the BG1 portion of the game, the songs are all screwed up. Instead of the normal battle theme in Candlekeep, I hear an odd 'sad' melody. And when I fight outside Candlekeep, I hear an acoustic guitar sung with a female vocalist (Eh?!). I'd really like to know if there's something really wrong with my installation...

Oh, and if someone who has a working mega-install can, do me a favor and post a working songlist.2da so I can see if that fixes it. Thanks in advance.

Edited by Zyrusticae, 21 June 2006 - 10:57 AM.

#7 dragonian

dragonian
  • Validating
  • 503 posts

Posted 21 June 2006 - 12:22 PM

The music changes with GUI and also NEJ overwrites all music as far as i remember so it probeably comes from NEJ. but try to switch GUI to any from BGT

#8 dragonian

dragonian
  • Validating
  • 503 posts

Posted 21 June 2006 - 12:23 PM

The music changes with GUI and also NEJ overwrites all music as far as i remember so it probeably comes from NEJ. but try to switch GUI to any from BGT
sorry for duble posting - someone delete this :)

Edited by dragonian, 21 June 2006 - 12:24 PM.

#9 Smeezor

Smeezor
  • 17 posts

Posted 22 June 2006 - 11:25 AM

I've got a problem with all my music! IT SUCKS!
Whenever I'm in a forest and I'm fighting, it starts playing this weird acoustic slow music with some lady singing about a rainbow and garbage. Putting in a song with WORDS with anything that LOOPS EVERY TIME YOU FIGHT is a crime comparable to high treason and punishable by death. And when I'm dungeon crawling, like Durlag's Tower, it sounds like I'm in Indiana Jones being chased by the boulder for the entire dungeon. After about 4 hours I just turned it off and tried to imagine the original music =( Is there a way I can just use the original BG music?

#10 dragonian

dragonian
  • Validating
  • 503 posts

Posted 22 June 2006 - 02:49 PM

Read my previous post...
try switching GUI to BGT.

#11 Smeezor

Smeezor
  • 17 posts

Posted 22 June 2006 - 04:39 PM

Can I just re-run "setup - gui.exe" and select the BGT GUI without any problems?

#12 Azazello

Azazello

The Anti-Spammer

• Staff
  • 1912 posts

Posted 22 June 2006 - 06:13 PM

Before you run that, Do this:
open the weidu.log with Notepad (or if you're on Mac, whatever text editor you have)
look for the line that has setup-gui.tp2
cut that line, paste it to the very end of weidu.log.

For example, if it looked like this

~SETUP-OVERSIGHT.TP2~ #0 #1 // Alignment Correction
~SETUP-JPS_PORTRAITS.TP2~ #0 #0 // Alternate Aerie Portrait by JPS
~SETUP-Z#MISC.TP2~ #0 #0 // Alternate, Accelerated Ust Natha Route
~SETUP-GUI.TP2~ #0 #8 // Game Graphical User Interface (GUI) -> "Baldur's Gate Trilogy" (Elminster wielding sword)
~SETUP-GUI.TP2~ #0 #6 // "Tortured Souls" - just nice in-game Fonts

~SETUP-WEAVER.TP2~ #0 #0 // Spellweaver: wild sorcerer kit
~SETUP-WEAVER.TP2~ #0 #1 // Wild Jester: bard kit
~TB#TWEAKS/TB#TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #100 // Nature's Beauty Tweak. (v2)

make it look like this

~SETUP-OVERSIGHT.TP2~ #0 #1 // Alignment Correction
~SETUP-JPS_PORTRAITS.TP2~ #0 #0 // Alternate Aerie Portrait by JPS
~SETUP-Z#MISC.TP2~ #0 #0 // Alternate, Accelerated Ust Natha Route
~SETUP-WEAVER.TP2~ #0 #0 // Spellweaver: wild sorcerer kit
~SETUP-WEAVER.TP2~ #0 #1 // Wild Jester: bard kit
~TB#TWEAKS/TB#TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #100 // Nature's Beauty Tweak. (v2)
~SETUP-GUI.TP2~ #0 #8 // Game Graphical User Interface (GUI) -> "Baldur's Gate Trilogy" (Elminster wielding sword)
~SETUP-GUI.TP2~ #0 #6 // "Tortured Souls" - just nice in-game Fonts

The reason for this is that if you run setup-gui.exe in the first case, it will uninstall all of the mods below it, then uninstall setup-gui, then RE-install thee mods that were formally below it. VERY annoying!

Rerun setup-gui does not harm anything if you do it this way. You can then play with the different gui's, see which you like.

If I knew how to remove/change the NEJ music, believe me I would.

Edited by Azazello, 30 June 2006 - 06:50 PM.

#13 dragonian

dragonian
  • Validating
  • 503 posts

Posted 22 June 2006 - 11:49 PM

* NEJ2 installs custom starting music (The Cardigans, for those who care) as an integral part of the NEJ2 install. to revert to the existing BGII music:

1. open yr NEJ2\backup\7 folder;
2. copy combo1b.acm to your music\combo1 folder, and
3. copy themea.acm to your music\theme folder.

(originally posted by russ here, corrected by Horred).