Photo

Expanded Thief Stronghold

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#21 wellunhappy

wellunhappy
  • 329 posts

Posted 22 June 2006 - 02:55 AM

Sweet! I didn't know about this. ETS stronghold patch readme - wtf. Where is that? Was there a post/thread about this? You or anyone got the link?

I'm gonna try them.

Link here chicken

Can you take at look at these files cos seanas says 'you no longer need the TDD patch: that will break yr install!

I don't really know what i'm looking for but it sounds pretty dangereous stuffff even GB says experimental :woot:

oopss forgot to log in :whistling:

#22 Azazello

Azazello

The Anti-Spammer

• Staff
  • 1912 posts

Posted 22 June 2006 - 04:28 AM

You know, I'm a big fanboy of Blucher's, especially ETS, but I never saw that link! I didn't use that last year, even when I played the old monster with both TDD and ETS, which explains why I didn't find Shar-teel in the prison because she got overwritten by the ETS install.

OK, so I think I see what the patch is supposed to do, and I now understand seanas's warning. seanas is right - as he often is - and there is no need for the patch. It won't really help the situation, and there is a simpler method.

In the BP-WeiDu Compatibility, Salk wanted to find the simplest install methods that did not involve editing files. We discovered that some mods have to be pushed up the install list, we call these "Pre-BP" mods.

Although ETS's overwriting could be corrected by editing the TP2 (gimme another year, and I just might start a project like that), I believe the simplest thing to do is push it to the Pre-BP category. That way, it'll install its files normally, then BGT/TDD/etc will modify those files without overwriting ETS's changes.

Now, there is no way I'm going to test this now. My MegaInstall is working just fine, thank-you-very-much, so if it means I won't find Shar-teel in the prison, again, too bad for her. But I will report this to Ascension64 for the BGT-WeiDU v1.00 Compatibility thread.

Thanks for starting this thread. I hope you do decide to try out the new monster. Weren't you going to leave us for Real Life? Don't do it!

Link here chicken

Chicken?
"<buurrp> Chicken? When did I last eat chicken?"

#23 ronin

ronin
  • Modder
  • 2114 posts

Posted 22 June 2006 - 05:02 AM

It should take a competent coder only a few minutes to edit the tp2 to "extend bottom" for the area's and bcs's so that everything works as its supposed to. If I had more time I would work on it but right now I am up to my ears in PHP.

ronin

#24 Azazello

Azazello

The Anti-Spammer

• Staff
  • 1912 posts

Posted 29 August 2006 - 11:29 AM

I'm gonna take full credit for Blucher updating ETS from 2.8 to 2.14 ("now fully compatible with BP+ installs") after a 3-year hiatus ^_^ , unless someone can link us to where he made the annoucement of the upgrade!

Edited by Azazello, 29 August 2006 - 11:31 AM.

#25 NiGHTMARE

NiGHTMARE
  • 2328 posts

Posted 29 August 2006 - 02:46 PM

http://forums.pocket...ic,22712.0.html