having trouble

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 -Veszerin-

-Veszerin-

Posted 21 June 2006 - 08:45 AM

Hi, I followed the installation guide posted by hlidskialf, and I can't get it to work.

I tried the game after installing SOS, TDD, and TS, and it worked, but when i installed BP, BGT and NEJ, it didn't work.

before, it sto'pped when i hit one of the buttons for starting a new game inside big picture("Baldur's Gate 1" and "Baldur's Gate 2") It would start loading the new game and then it would crash, and stop responding.

Thinking something was wrong with how i installed it or whatever, I re-installed it, put all the files back in the directory, and tried it again. Now win starting bgmain.exe, an error says:

An Assertion failed in ChDimm.cpp at line number 1246
Programmer says: ChDimm.cpp CDimm::Demand(): CRes pointer invalid (Check Baldur.log for missing resource)

Just like that, and then it closes.
Has anyone else encountered this and figured out how to fix it?

#2 amitlath

amitlath
  • 132 posts

Posted 21 June 2006 - 09:55 AM

this might sound outrageous, but when i run the game with my antivirus running, i start getting crashes and some assertion errors. i have kaspersky anti virus and this might not happen with other av software. but maybe before trashing ur install, worth it to try running without ur av software running.

#3 Veszerin

Veszerin
  • 20 posts

Posted 21 June 2006 - 10:09 AM

this might sound outrageous, but when i run the game with my antivirus running, i start getting crashes and some assertion errors. i have kaspersky anti virus and this might not happen with other av software. but maybe before trashing ur install, worth it to try running without ur av software running.

thank you, but still doesn't work.

#4 Veszerin

Veszerin
  • 20 posts

Posted 21 June 2006 - 12:47 PM

I have tried redoing it once already, I am currently checking seanas' "WHAT YOUR GAME FOLDER SHOULD LOOK LIKE" thread, and i've got another installation setup, i'm gonna try it again.

Thankfully, after the first one didn't work, i started making a copy of my installation folder.

I think I might've gotten the wrong versions or something, For alot of the files I had to hunt them down accross all the file mirrors.

Again, if anyone's encountered something like this, please tell me.

#5 erebusant

erebusant

It takes a village...

• Modder
  • 2109 posts

Posted 21 June 2006 - 03:56 PM

I have tried redoing it once already, I am currently checking seanas' "WHAT YOUR GAME FOLDER SHOULD LOOK LIKE" thread, and i've got another installation setup, i'm gonna try it again.

Thankfully, after the first one didn't work, i started making a copy of my installation folder.

I think I might've gotten the wrong versions or something, For alot of the files I had to hunt them down accross all the file mirrors.

Can you post your WeiDU log? Also, what versions of mods are you installing. You can get the latest versions here: http://america.iegmc.net/

It takes a village...

#6 Veszerin

Veszerin
  • 20 posts

Posted 21 June 2006 - 06:48 PM

Can you post your WeiDU log? Also, what versions of mods are you installing. You can get the latest versions here: http://america.iegmc.net/

I got it to work and have been playing it for about an hour.
I met with imoen and then left the area, it showed the bg 2 map instead of BG1.

sigh, no offense to bp-bgt-nej, but installing this thing is tiring, lol.
I don't have my weidu log anymore. as for versions, I just followed the instructions in shadowtech's guide, and seanas's what your game folder should look like guide.

#7 Azazello

Azazello

The Anti-Spammer

• Staff
  • 1912 posts

Posted 21 June 2006 - 08:20 PM

As you already learned - here - you've been using the wrong (and much older) installation method (and possibly old files).

Try the new method, it'll be worth it!

"I gladly simp for jastey" -- Aza
==========================================================
"You ever notice that "What the hell?!" is the answer to just about everything?"
==========================================================

"Girls are like phones, they like to be held and talked too, but if you press the wrong button, you will be disconnected!" DJ Nikodemus
================================================================
Community Contributions
* Level 1 NPCs * gMinion: expanded TP2 for MegaInstalls * PSM (PSQM): expanded scripts for Melanthium * Shar Nadal (DSotSC-BGT) revision * non-detectable Cloak of Non-Detection ?? * Weimer's-Tactics: revised TP2 for MegaInstalls * a directory of Mega-Installation Guides *

#8 Veszerin

Veszerin
  • 20 posts

Posted 22 June 2006 - 05:18 AM

As you already learned - here - you've been using the wrong (and much older) installation method (and possibly old files).

Try the new method, it'll be worth it!

ok, i'll work on that today.

ANd it will have all of the required files with it?

Thanks for everyone who's taken their time to help me.