Thanks for the flirts, Laufey!

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 Minarvia

Minarvia

Wounded Orb

• 856 posts

Posted 28 June 2006 - 07:27 PM

Thanks again for all your work and the flirts. They made my newest game with Eddie more complete. I enjoyed, in particular, the Lust Chamber flirts and the lice flirts. But I also like to be able to kiss and hug him and adore when he looks so deeply into my eyes in regards to my query of what cannot be bought in Thay. :Bow: I wonder if there are different ones for TOB? Hmmm...have to get there soon and see! :D

#2 Laufey

Laufey
  • Modder
  • 1245 posts

Posted 28 June 2006 - 08:49 PM

Thanks again for all your work and the flirts. They made my newest game with Eddie more complete. I enjoyed, in particular, the Lust Chamber flirts and the lice flirts. But I also like to be able to kiss and hug him and adore when he looks so deeply into my eyes in regards to my query of what cannot be bought in Thay. :Bow: I wonder if there are different ones for TOB? Hmmm...have to get there soon and see! :D

Thanks, Minarvia. :) As of now, there really is only one ToB specific flirt, though some of the others are available there too. My next project, once I finally go on vacaction and have some more time (And energy) to work on it, should be a couple of Edwina specific flirts.

#3 Silver-sama

Silver-sama
  • Validating
  • 51 posts

Posted 29 June 2006 - 12:55 AM

wooow sounds' great, Laufey ^_^

the flirts rock indeed :)!

:cheers:

Edited by Silver-sama, 29 June 2006 - 12:57 AM.

Craziness inside.

Posted Image
^ aren't sloganizers great? XD

#4 Pen52

Pen52
  • 39 posts

Posted 30 June 2006 - 03:16 AM

I just had to add my thanks and praise to the ones already expressed here. The flirts are nothing short of genius and they make the Edwin Romance so much more enjoyable. Thank you for that.

Now, I have to say that the 'Edwin Romance' is my favorite BG2 mod. The first time I played it, I nearly had a little 'accident', I was laughing so much. My brother kept looking at me as if I had lost my mind. ;) But, funny dialogue choices or not, the mod also has great emotional appeal.

Suffice to say, every time I play BG2, I have this mod installed. Quick question, though...

Is there any chance you'd consider making an ad-on friendship track for Edwin? I for one would be ecstatic to play it. Mostly because, romanced or not, I usually have Edwin in the party. Pretty please...

Also, I want you to know I?m a great fan of your fan-fiction. You are one talented woman! :Bow:

#5 Riane

Riane
  • 34 posts

Posted 30 June 2006 - 04:24 AM

I also just wanna say a big THANK YOU :Bow:
Not only for the flirts (of course they are brilliant) but for the whole romance.

It's just a masterpiece! Eddie always makes me laugh (it's funny when people ask if everything is allright, because you can't stop laughing).

I'm looking forward to the Edwina flirts.

#6 Laufey

Laufey
  • Modder
  • 1245 posts

Posted 30 June 2006 - 09:57 PM

Thank you yourselves, all of you. :) Hearing that people enjoy my work really makes things worth while.

As for friendship add-on, it is something I did once consider, but given that I have less time for this project now than I once did, I can't make any promises. What I'd like to do is to add a couple of Edwina flirts, more than anything else.

#7 Simon Darkshade

Simon Darkshade
  • 29 posts

Posted 30 June 2006 - 10:34 PM

The flirts are most entertaining and amusing so far, and add a new dimension to what is already an erudite, engaging and unique experience.

#8 Deva

Deva

Possum of the Grotto

• Modder
  • 1378 posts

Posted 01 July 2006 - 03:13 AM

I think what makes the Edwin romance so distinctive and awesome is the fact it's 'not-the-average-romance'.

A lot of BG romances (mods or nay), involve a lot of tears, tribulations, arugments every two lovetalks, angst, huffing, puffing, more tears, poetry, singing, and tragedy. Most of them are as emo as Xan with a floppy fringe and eyeliner.

On the other hand, the Edwin romance is light-hearted without being silly, entertaining, and also a lot less depressing. I like the fact that for once you are romancing someone who doesn't sulk for days if you say something a tiny bit wrong, and doesn't take everything you do as a personal slight.

I think it is by far the best romance I have ever played. It is entirely unique, and I douft anyone would ever be able to replicate a romance like it. And all with an unlikely, yet overwhlemingly snaxy, partner. <3

Laufey, I am, as ever, your devoted worshipper. Or something to that effect. Methinks you should start a cult, Laufey - you have enough followers just on this forum who'd have no qualms with robbing a bank or too for you, I'd expect. xD

Ninde_ad.gif

143450.png176206.png

Click to feed.

Adopted from Valenth

My adoptables > Your adoptables.

#9 Laufey

Laufey
  • Modder
  • 1245 posts

Posted 01 July 2006 - 04:24 AM

I think what makes the Edwin romance so distinctive and awesome is the fact it's 'not-the-average-romance'.

A lot of BG romances (mods or nay), involve a lot of tears, tribulations, arugments every two lovetalks, angst, huffing, puffing, more tears, poetry, singing, and tragedy. Most of them are as emo as Xan with a floppy fringe and eyeliner.

On the other hand, the Edwin romance is light-hearted without being silly, entertaining, and also a lot less depressing. I like the fact that for once you are romancing someone who doesn't sulk for days if you say something a tiny bit wrong, and doesn't take everything you do as a personal slight.

I think it is by far the best romance I have ever played. It is entirely unique, and I douft anyone would ever be able to replicate a romance like it. And all with an unlikely, yet overwhlemingly snaxy, partner. <3

Laufey, I am, as ever, your devoted worshipper. Or something to that effect. Methinks you should start a cult, Laufey - you have enough followers just on this forum who'd have no qualms with robbing a bank or too for you, I'd expect. xD

*bows* Awww, you're making me blush. :wub: But yes, one of the main things I tried to do with Edwin was to keep the romance somewhat lighthearted despite it having serious moments too, and to make sure that you could argue with him without him ending the romance in a hissyfit.

#10 Minarvia

Minarvia

Wounded Orb

• 856 posts

Posted 01 July 2006 - 06:19 PM

*bows* Awww, you're making me blush. :wub: But yes, one of the main things I tried to do with Edwin was to keep the romance somewhat lighthearted despite it having serious moments too, and to make sure that you could argue with him without him ending the romance in a hissyfit.
[/quote]

Yeah, this is one of my fave things about Eddie.
I can't help but wish I could code and thus have my own flirts to yours, such as - run your fingers thru Eddie's hair and whisper into his ear "Eddie, you can kill Xan now." :devil:
Okay, okay, no offense to Xan. He just sets my teeth on edge even when he's just a comrade.

I'm eagerly awaiting the Edwina flirts, too! I'm just glad to have my other flirts now, tho, instead of later. Thanks again for releasing them. :D

#11 Riane

Riane
  • 34 posts

Posted 02 July 2006 - 12:59 AM

I think Xan (just as most of the other romances) is good when I'm in the mood for playing the therapist and heal some poor souls with a tragic past, with a lot of pity and understanding...

"Eddie, could you put some fireballs in Anomens armor?" would be one thing I would like to say (I can't stand this bumptious pseudo-paladin :devil: )

The other thing would be: "Eddie I'm pregnant." Of course without beeing it...

Edited by Riane, 02 July 2006 - 01:01 AM.

#12 Silver-sama

Silver-sama
  • Validating
  • 51 posts

Posted 02 July 2006 - 01:54 AM

lol.
T_T Spellhold hates me I can't access the site more and more often

Xan's ok, he's just a different character than any else. I love that mod for the bad endings <_< I mean really.

But Eddie *mrowrs* XD I love it cuz I coudlnt' see it comming!

lol... seing Anomen 'splode would make me clap...
little Edwins O.O

Edited by Silver-sama, 02 July 2006 - 01:56 AM.

Craziness inside.

Posted Image

#13 Riane

Riane
  • 34 posts

Posted 02 July 2006 - 02:13 AM

Yes, Xan is a really good mod (and I can't wait to get the TOB part, cuz I hate bad endings) but sometimes his melancholy is too much for me and I just want to kick his cute little elven-backside and say: "Live is wonderful!" with ervery kick.

Can someone imagine Eddie changing nappies?

Edited by Riane, 02 July 2006 - 03:07 AM.

#14 Riane

Riane
  • 34 posts

Posted 02 July 2006 - 02:13 AM

ups...

Edited by Riane, 02 July 2006 - 03:07 AM.

#15 Silver-sama

Silver-sama
  • Validating
  • 51 posts

Posted 02 July 2006 - 01:48 PM

Yes, Xan is a really good mod (and I can't wait to get the TOB part, cuz I hate bad endings) but sometimes his melancholy is too much for me and I just want to kick his cute little elven-backside and say: "Live is wonderful!" with ervery kick.

Can someone imagine Eddie changing nappies?

yeah XD his melancholy is something just HIM.... I dunno why but it makes him adorable O.o

... Eddie taking care of children isn't that hard to imagine... I have NO idea why I can imagine that with ease. XD maybe cuz he would hire an assasin to bring them up?
Craziness inside.

Posted Image

#16 Deva

Deva

Possum of the Grotto

• Modder
  • 1378 posts

Posted 03 July 2006 - 12:34 PM

xD I didn't play the whole Xan mod through, though I intend too once I have finished a new run-through with Eddie, yush. I just got tired of all the dialogues that basically went:

Xan: Oh CHARNAME...
Charname: Oh Xan...

You get the idea. But anyway! To steer this back on topic. ER makes my soul go squee inside... and I also eagerly await Edwina flirts. ^^

Edit: And xD.

I think Edwin would make a pretty good parent, actually - not overly strict, but knows what's best, kinda parent.

Edited by Hishi, 03 July 2006 - 12:55 PM.

Ninde_ad.gif

143450.png176206.png

Click to feed.

Adopted from Valenth

My adoptables > Your adoptables.

#17 Minarvia

Minarvia

Wounded Orb

• 856 posts

Posted 03 July 2006 - 05:22 PM

[quote name='Hishi' date='Jul 3 2006, 03:34 PM' post='256172']
xD I didn't play the whole Xan mod through, though I intend too once I have finished a new run-through with Eddie, yush. I just got tired of all the dialogues that basically went:

I hear ya. After a while I killed him myself and kept his Moonblade as a souvinir. Eddie carried it along with our other souvinirs!

You get the idea. But anyway! To steer this back on topic. ER makes my soul go squee inside... and I also eagerly await Edwina flirts. ^^

I'm not a teen, nor have I been for many years. But I have to know, what does "squee" mean? Does it mean, sort of, that you go all mushy inside?

And about Eddie being a father...I love the idea that he would also be very protective of Charname. I've no doubt he would suddenly be the best bodyguard in the Faerun! :D

#18 Silver-sama

Silver-sama
  • Validating
  • 51 posts

Posted 04 July 2006 - 01:27 AM

I used to belive squee means something like... glee. >.> kinda.
Craziness inside.

Posted Image

#19 Minarvia

Minarvia

Wounded Orb

• 856 posts

Posted 04 July 2006 - 08:27 PM

I used to belive squee means something like... glee. >.> kinda.

Hee! Thanks! Okay, the flirts make me all "squee" inside, too! Gotta love Eddie even more now. :wub:

#20 Silver-sama

Silver-sama
  • Validating
  • 51 posts

Posted 04 July 2006 - 10:03 PM

True XD they do
<.<
>>>
I wonder how would Edvina react to ticking her..
Craziness inside.

Posted Image