BP-BGT-Worldmap v6.3 released

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 weigo

weigo
  • Modder
  • 130 posts

Posted 03 July 2006 - 05:29 AM

After long time of waiting the new worldmap is released.
First of all a big thanks :Bow: :cheers: :D to KD, who has geniality to create such unbelievible codes, and Yacomo, who created the large and fantastic map.

Megamodifikation

- Please install this mod directly after all large mods (BP, BGT, NeJ, SOS, TDD, TS, ROT, CtB, DSotSC, BH, NTotSC etc.).

- The areas and links from all other large mods installes during their installation, so their are only areas and links they are needed by the mods.

- The BP-BGT map is packaged and installed with WeiDU and is distributed as a WinRAR archive. To prepare installation, extract the archive contents into your Baldur's Gate 2 folder. In a typical installation your Baldur's Gate 2 folder will be 'C:\Progam Files\Black Isle\BGII - SoA'.
- If properly extracted, you should have a 'BP-BGT_Worldmap' folder, 'Setup BP-BGT Worldmap.tp2' and 'Setup BP-BGT Worldmap.exe' in your Baldur's Gate 2 folder.
- To install, simply double-click 'Setup BP-BGT Worldmap.exe' and follow the instructions on screen.
- After the installer itself is finished, the map graphics will be uncompressed automatically. This last step may take a while depending on your machine. Please do not interrupt it.

BG1Tutu

- Please install this mod directly after after the BG1Tutu installation.
- Please run 'Setup BP-BGT Worldmap.exe' in your Baldur's Gate 2 folder again to reinstall, uninstall or otherwise change components.
The BP-BGT map is packaged and installed with WeiDU and is distributed as a WinRAR archive. To prepare installation, extract the archive contents into your Baldur's Gate 2 folder. In a typical installation your Baldur's Gate 2 folder will be 'C:\Progam Files\Black Isle\BGII - SoA'.
- If properly extracted, you should have a 'BP-BGT_Worldmap' folder, 'Setup BP-BGT Worldmap.tp2' and 'Setup BP-BGT Worldmap.exe' in your Baldur's Gate 2 folder.
To install, simply double-click 'Setup BP-BGT Worldmap.exe' and follow the instructions on screen.
- After the installer itself is finished, the map graphics will be uncompressed automatically. This last step may take a while depending on your machine. Please do not interrupt it.

Here you can find the download locations:

http://iegmc.mirror....com.sg/worldmap
ftp://mirror.intermedia.com.sg/pub/iegmc/worldmap
http://iegmc.tiefighter.org/worldmap
http://america.iegmc.net/worldmap
http://iegmc.shphockey.com/worldmap

Installation order for worldmab v6.3 is the same as for v5

Enjoy playing :D

Modification:

BP-BGT-Worldmap-v6.6 (Download)

#2 melkor_morgoth75

melkor_morgoth75

Lord

• Modder
  • 1509 posts

Posted 03 July 2006 - 05:42 AM

Thanks MATE !!! :Bow: :Bow: :Bow:

Respect to all modders, you're simply great ! :P

mm75

Tired of the same boring spawned creatures u face in BG? Try BGSpawn

#3 Chevalier

Chevalier

Knight of the Realms

• Modder
  • 2405 posts

Posted 03 July 2006 - 06:08 AM

Thank You All!!!! :Bow: :Bow: :Bow:

I Ride for the King!

a.k.a. Chev

#4 Tetchyy

Tetchyy
  • 5 posts

Posted 03 July 2006 - 06:13 AM

INDEED! Thanks all for the efforts made. :Bow:

-Sincerly, the silent majority

First of all a big thanks :Bow: :cheers: :D to KD, who has geniality to create such unbelievible codes, and Yacomo, who created the large and fantastic map.

<snip>

#5 kimmel

kimmel
  • 37 posts

Posted 03 July 2006 - 10:23 AM

I just downloaded the map, and while reading the readme I found what I think is a typo (or at least something that is unclear):

"Components - Which parts should I install and which parts should I skip?....

* Component 3:
Clothmap style map for Throne of Bhaal
Install a new clothmap style version of the original Throne of Bhaal map and play Throne of Bhaal using that map. Do not install this component if you installed component 3 above."

I'm confused about the last few words there--do you mean "component 2"? Actually, based on what is said in this section of the Readme, I was not too clear on how components 2 and 3 differ. Not a huge issue, but I thought I'd mention it.

Thanks for this release! you and the other modders here do great work!

#6 Azazello

Azazello

The Anti-Spammer

• Staff
  • 1912 posts

Posted 03 July 2006 - 01:39 PM

Any way to get a sample look of the 'new' map without installing?

"I gladly simp for jastey" -- Aza
==========================================================
"You ever notice that "What the hell?!" is the answer to just about everything?"
==========================================================

"Girls are like phones, they like to be held and talked too, but if you press the wrong button, you will be disconnected!" DJ Nikodemus
================================================================
Community Contributions
* Level 1 NPCs * gMinion: expanded TP2 for MegaInstalls * PSM (PSQM): expanded scripts for Melanthium * Shar Nadal (DSotSC-BGT) revision * non-detectable Cloak of Non-Detection ?? * Weimer's-Tactics: revised TP2 for MegaInstalls * a directory of Mega-Installation Guides *

#7 ScuD

ScuD
  • 492 posts

Posted 03 July 2006 - 02:12 PM

9 Mb JPG file, man, do you need it? :)
Just install and see ;)

#8 dragonian

dragonian
  • Validating
  • 503 posts

Posted 03 July 2006 - 02:44 PM

- Please install this mod directly after all large mods (BP, BGT, NeJ, SOS, TDD, TS, ROT, CtB, DSotSC, BH, NTotSC etc.).

hm those two are in opposite because you were to install worldmap v5 at the end of your installation not directly after big mods.(as far as i know of course).
And my question is do we need to instal it directly after big mods(as stated in readme) or should we wait till the end of instalation(as for Wm.5)?

Edited by dragonian, 03 July 2006 - 02:49 PM.

#9 erebusant

erebusant

It takes a village...

• Modder
  • 2109 posts

Posted 03 July 2006 - 03:59 PM

hm those two are in opposite because you were to install worldmap v5 at the end of your installation not directly after big mods.(as far as i know of course).
And my question is do we need to instal it directly after big mods(as stated in readme) or should we wait till the end of instalation(as for Wm.5)?

I put it in just after Bonehill, as that was my last mod that had any links to the new WMv6. I think the only reason it needed to be at the end before was to be certain that any mod that needed it was installed 1st. I just started my new game, and that map is a work of art!! Kudos all!! :Bow:

It takes a village...

#10 weigo

weigo
  • Modder
  • 130 posts

Posted 03 July 2006 - 08:48 PM

You can install it directly after the mods or at the end of installation like wm5.
For a big megamodification installation, use the same order as it was for wm5.

Modification:

BP-BGT-Worldmap-v6.6 (Download)

#11 Slayer

Slayer
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 July 2006 - 12:19 AM

Hi, I'm creating a new quest mod Paladins of Faerun and I want to make it compatible with the Baldur's gate Trilogy... But problem is, that I use cities like Neverwinter, Targos, Waterdeep, and these aren't on the map yet. I have made my own map, you can take a look here: worldmap. If there is way to make my mod compatible with yours, then contact me.

#12 Radier

Radier
  • 34 posts

Posted 05 July 2006 - 02:07 AM

Nice weigo! :cheers:

#13 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 06 July 2006 - 02:02 AM

Megamodifikation

- The areas and links from all other large mods installes during their installation, so their are only areas and links they are needed by the mods.

- The BP-BGT map is packaged and installed with WeiDU and is distributed as a WinRAR archive. To prepare installation, extract the archive contents into your Baldur's Gate 2 folder. In a typical installation your Baldur's Gate 2 folder will be 'C:\Progam Files\Black Isle\BGII - SoA'.
- To install, simply double-click 'Setup BP-BGT Worldmap.exe' and follow the instructions on screen.

BG1Tutu

- Please install this mod directly after after the BG1Tutu installation.
- Please run 'Setup BP-BGT Worldmap.exe' in your Baldur's Gate 2 folder again to reinstall, uninstall or otherwise change components.
The BP-BGT map is packaged and installed with WeiDU and is distributed as a WinRAR archive. To prepare installation, extract the archive contents into your Baldur's Gate 2 folder. In a typical installation your Baldur's Gate 2 folder will be 'C:\Progam Files\Black Isle\BGII - SoA'.
To install, simply double-click 'Setup BP-BGT Worldmap.exe' and follow the instructions on screen.

Here you can find the download locations:

http://iegmc.mirror....com.sg/worldmap
ftp://mirror.intermedia.com.sg/pub/iegmc/worldmap
http://iegmc.tiefighter.org/worldmap
http://america.iegmc.net/worldmap
http://iegmc.shphockey.com/worldmap

First of all thank you for the work.
I was waiting for this map for a long time but now i have a problem. With v5 Arlax (RoT) didn't appear. I kept my mods installed on PC with v5: when I find out v6 I uninstalled the previous map and installed the new one and began a new game. But now I can't see Esphurta, the map contains its location but there isn't the icon to get there :(
I installed
SoA
ToB
TDD1.0/SoS1.0/CtB1.7
RoT 2.0
TS
BP
worldmap v6

// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods
// The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod
// ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [Subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name
~SETUP-BD-TOB.TP2~ #0 #0 // Baldurdash Fix Pack for ToB, v1.5 WeiDU
~SETUP-BD-TOB.TP2~ #0 #1 // Textupdatepack -> Baldurdash English Text Update Pack for ToB, v1.4 WeiDU
~SETUP-SOS.TP2~ #0 #0 // Shadows Over Soubar, v1.10
~SETUP-SOS.TP2~ #0 #1 // Remorhaz walking speed adjustment (for ENGLISH version .EXE ONLY!!!)
~SETUP-TDD.TP2~ #0 #0 // The Darkest Day, v1.10
~SETUP-TDD.TP2~ #0 #1 // TDD Character Kits
~SETUP-CTB.TP2~ #0 #0 // Check The Bodies, v1.7
~SETUP-CTB-CHORES.TP2~ #0 #0 // Candlekeep Chores, v2.0
~SETUP-CTB17FIX1.TP2~ #0 #0 // Fix #1 for CtB v1.7
~SETUP-TS-BP.TP2~ #0 #0 // TORTURED SOULS v6.04.01 (BP Compatible Version)
~SETUP-ROLLES.TP2~ #1 #0 // Rolles Safyer
~SETUP-ROLLES.TP2~ #1 #1 // Bag of Holding in Irenicus Dungeon
~SETUP-AJOCMOD.TP2~ #0 #0 // AjocMod Weidu v1.5
~SETUP-BAGBONUS.TP2~ #0 #0 // Bonus Potioncase and Ammobelt to Deidre's store
~SETUP-ITEMUPGRADE.TP2~ #0 #0 // Shadows Of Amn Item Upgrades
~SETUP-ITEMUPGRADE.TP2~ #0 #1 // Throne Of Bhaal Item Upgrades
~SETUP-ROT.TP2~ #0 #0 // Region Of Terror, v2.0
~SETUP-EXNEM.TP2~ #0 #0 // Exnem Vault v5, Install Items
~SETUP-EXNEM.TP2~ #0 #1 // Add items to creatures
~SETUP-EXNEM.TP2~ #0 #2 // Add items to areas (affects SOA areas only - not BGT, TDD, CtB, etc. areas)
~SETUP-TZSHOP01.TP2~ #0 #0 // The Magnificient Magic Shop
~SETUP RGENIE.TP2~ #0 #0 // Ribald's Genie
~ABYSTORE/ABYSTORE.TP2~ #0 #0 // Unusual Oddities Shop
~BWQUEST.TP2~ #0 #0 // Black Rose Part I: Market Prices
~SETUP-IMPROVEDANVIL.TP2~ #0 #0 // Improved Anvil for SOA
~SETUP-IMPROVEDANVIL.TP2~ #0 #1 // Improved Anvil for TOB
~SETUP-BOM.TP2~ #0 #0 // Boards of Magick item pack!
~SETUP-BPV176.TP2~ #0 #0 // Big Picture AI/Enhancement Mod, version 176 weidu (beta)
~SETUP-BPV176.TP2~ #0 #1 // Improved Suldanessallar
~SETUP-BPV176.TP2~ #0 #2 // Improved Spellhold
~SETUP-BPV176.TP2~ #0 #3 // Wand of Orcus Add-In
~SETUP-BPV176.TP2~ #0 #4 // Improved Small Teeth Pass, by Kensai Ryu
~SETUP-BPV176.TP2~ #0 #5 // Improved Kangaxx Encounter, by Kensai Ryu
~SETUP-BPV176.TP2~ #0 #6 // Kensai Ryu's Improved Crypt King
~SETUP-BPV176.TP2~ #0 #7 // Kensai Ryu's Gnome Fighter/Illusionist in the Docks
~SETUP-BPV176.TP2~ #0 #8 // Improved Random Encounters, by Gebhard Blucher and Kensai Ryu
~SETUP-BPV176.TP2~ #0 #9 // Gebhard Blucher's Lich in the Docks
~SETUP-BPV176.TP2~ #0 #10 // Red Badge, Poison-Based Encounter, by Westley Weimer
~SETUP-BPV176.TP2~ #0 #11 // Kuroisan the Acid Kensai, by Westley Weimer
~SETUP-BPV176.TP2~ #0 #12 // The Ritual, by Westley Weimer
~SETUP-BPV176.TP2~ #0 #14 // Ascension for BP
~SETUP-GUI.TP2~ #0 #6 // Game Graphical User Interface (GUI) -> "Big Picture"
~SETUP BP-BGT-WORLDMAP.TP2~ #0 #0 // Revised worldmap for the Baldur's Gate - including coloured Baldur's Gate map icons -> Installing new worldmap for use with Mega Modification
~SETUP BP-BGT-WORLDMAP.TP2~ #0 #2 // Use new worldmap for Throne of Bhaal as well

Can someone help me about this? Thanks! :)

#14 King Diamond

King Diamond

Give Me Your Soul...Please

• Modder
  • 1430 posts

Posted 06 July 2006 - 02:17 AM

I was waiting for this map for a long time but now i have a problem. With v5 Arlax (RoT) didn't appear. I kept my mods installed on PC with v5: when I find out v6 I uninstalled the previous map and installed the new one and began a new game. But now I can't see Esphurta, the map contains its location but there isn't the icon to get there :(
I installed
SoA
ToB
TDD1.0/SoS1.0/CtB1.7
RoT 2.0
TS
BP
worldmap v6

// ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [Subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name
~SETUP-BD-TOB.TP2~ #0 #1 // Textupdatepack -> Baldurdash English Text Update Pack for ToB, v1.4 WeiDU
~SETUP-SOS.TP2~ #0 #1 // Remorhaz walking speed adjustment (for ENGLISH version .EXE ONLY!!!)
~SETUP-EXNEM.TP2~ #0 #2 // Add items to areas (affects SOA areas only - not BGT, TDD, CtB, etc. areas)
~SETUP-BPV176.TP2~ #0 #0 // Big Picture AI/Enhancement Mod, version 176 weidu (beta)
~SETUP-BPV176.TP2~ #0 #8 // Improved Random Encounters, by Gebhard Blucher and Kensai Ryu
~SETUP-BPV176.TP2~ #0 #10 // Red Badge, Poison-Based Encounter, by Westley Weimer
~SETUP BP-BGT-WORLDMAP.TP2~ #0 #0 // Revised worldmap for the Baldur's Gate - including coloured Baldur's Gate map icons -> Installing new worldmap for use with Mega Modification
~SETUP BP-BGT-WORLDMAP.TP2~ #0 #2 // Use new worldmap for Throne of Bhaal as well

You must install all new versions of big mods (SoS, TDD and CTB) to make them appear on WM6.
So, full re-downloading and re-installing is the only option for you.

Edited by King Diamond, 06 July 2006 - 02:19 AM.

(last update: 02-12-2008)
----------------------------------------------
SoS, v1.13
TDD, v1.12
TS-BP, v6.10
CtB, v1.11
RoT, v2.1
----------------------------------------------
BP Animations Scheme

#15 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 06 July 2006 - 08:20 AM

I installed
SoA
ToB
TDD1.0/SoS1.0/CtB1.7
RoT 2.0
TS
BP
worldmap v6

You must install all new versions of big mods (SoS, TDD and CTB) to make them appear on WM6.
So, full re-downloading and re-installing is the only option for you.

:doh: Thank you KD
Is there a possibility to rescue a savegame from this installation and that it works with the correct installation you spoke about?

#16 seanas

seanas
  • Modder
  • 1906 posts

Posted 06 July 2006 - 08:44 AM

Is there a possibility to rescue a savegame from this installation and that it works with the correct installation you spoke about?

no, you must start a new game.

"A simple test of the relative merits of science and religion is to compare lighting your house at night by prayer or electricity" - A. C. Grayling
"EFF files have saves, too." - CamDawg
|| this is radio seanas || BP Series v3 || seanas at work ||

#17 ronin

ronin
  • Modder
  • 2114 posts

Posted 06 July 2006 - 11:00 AM

no, you must start a new game.

not entirely true but the time you will spend fixing it with NI you could have started a new game and be where you are now.

ronin

#18 Dello

Dello
  • 8 posts

Posted 06 July 2006 - 12:05 PM

First, thanks to all for the hard work you guys put into these mods they are great. I have actually started a BGT-BP game and I cant see or get to any area past Candlekeep. Candlekeep is in the upper left hand corner of the map in the ocean. It is a new game. The following is what I have installed:

~SETUP-TDD.TP2~ #0 #0 // The Darkest Day, v1.11
~SETUP-SOS.TP2~ #0 #0 // Shadows Over Soubar, v1.11
~SETUP-TS-BP.TP2~ #0 #0 // TORTURED SOULS v6.04.02 (BP Compatible Version)
~SETUP-CTB.TP2~ #0 #0 // Check The Bodies, v1.8
~SETUP-ROT.TP2~ #0 #1 // Region Of Terror Kit Pack
~SETUP-BGT.TP2~ #0 #0 // Baldur's Gate Trilogy - Core
~SETUP-NTOTSC.TP2~ #0 #0 // NTotSC for BGT-Weidu v1.40 Mod
~SETUP-NTOTSC.TP2~ #0 #1 // Now for the decompression of area .tis files.
~SETUP-DSOTSC.TP2~ #0 #0 // DSotSC for BGT-Weidu v1.80 Mod
~SETUP-DSOTSC.TP2~ #0 #1 // Area .tis files. (Required)
~SETUP-BP-BGT-WORLDMAP.TP2~ #0 #0 // Revised worldmap for the Baldur's Gate - including coloured Baldur's Gate map icons -> Installing new Worldmap for use with Mega Modification
~SETUP-BP-BGT-WORLDMAP.TP2~ #0 #2 // Use new worldmap for Throne of Bhaal as well
~SETUP-EASE.TP2~ #0 #0 // Infinite Weapon, Potion and Ring/Amulet Stacking
~SETUP-EASE.TP2~ #0 #2 // Multi-Class Grand Mastery
~SETUP-EASE.TP2~ #0 #3 // True Grand Mastery (extra half-attack, etc.) (Baldurdash)
~SETUP-EASE.TP2~ #0 #4 // Shut Up "You Must Gather Your Party Before Venturing Forth"
~SETUP-EASE.TP2~ #0 #6 // Wear Magical Armor AND Magic Rings (etc.)
~SETUP-EASE.TP2~ #0 #10 // XP Cap Remover
~SETUP-EASE.TP2~ #0 #12 // Turn Off The Hideous Cloak-of-Mirroring and Spell-Trap Animation
~SETUP-EASE.TP2~ #0 #13 // Unlimited Bag of Holding (Blucher)
~SETUP-EASE.TP2~ #0 #15 // Bonus Merchants (Baldurdash)
~SETUP-EASE.TP2~ #0 #17 // No Drow Avatars On Party In Underdark
~SETUP-EASE.TP2~ #0 #18 // Imoen ToB Dialogue Fix
~SETUP-EASE.TP2~ #0 #19 // Shapeshifter Rebalancing
~SETUP-EASE.TP2~ #0 #20 // Female Edwina
~SETUP-EASE.TP2~ #0 #21 // Romance: Bug Fixes (required for later components).
~SETUP-EASE.TP2~ #0 #22 // Romance: PC can romance one NPC (regardless of race/gender).
~SETUP-EASE.TP2~ #0 #23 // Romance: PC can romance multiple NPCs concurrently, but must say the right things.
~IMOEN.TP2~ #0 #0 // 'Imoen Romance Add-on Mod BG2:SoA(ToB required!)v1.201'
~SETUP-DUNGEONBEGONE.TP2~ #0 #0 // Dungeon Be Gone V1.4
~SETUP-BPV177.TP2~ #0 #0 // Big Picture AI/Enhancement Mod, version 177 weidu (beta)
~SETUP-BPV177.TP2~ #0 #1 // Improved Suldanessallar
~SETUP-BPV177.TP2~ #0 #2 // Improved Spellhold
~SETUP-BPV177.TP2~ #0 #4 // Improved Small Teeth Pass, by Kensai Ryu
~SETUP-BPV177.TP2~ #0 #5 // Improved Kangaxx Encounter, by Kensai Ryu
~SETUP-BPV177.TP2~ #0 #6 // Kensai Ryu's Improved Crypt King
~SETUP-BPV177.TP2~ #0 #8 // Improved Random Encounters, by Gebhard Blucher and Kensai Ryu
~SETUP-BPV177.TP2~ #0 #12 // The Ritual, by Westley Weimer
~SETUP-BPV177.TP2~ #0 #13 // Improved Xvart Village, for BGT-weidu
~SETUP-BPV177.TP2~ #0 #15 // Ascension for BP
// Recently Uninstalled: ~SETUP-GUI.TP2~ #0 #3 // Game Graphical User Interface (GUI) -> "Tortured Souls"
~SETUP-GUI.TP2~ #0 #7 // Game Graphical User Interface (GUI) -> "Baldur's Gate Trilogy" (Elminster wielding sword)
~SETUP-GUI.TP2~ #0 #4 // "Tortured Souls" - just nice in-game Fonts

Any ideas what the problem may be? Thanks.

#19 ronin

ronin
  • Modder
  • 2114 posts

Posted 06 July 2006 - 12:08 PM

First, thanks to all for the hard work you guys put into these mods they are great. I have actually started a BGT-BP game and I cant see or get to any area past Candlekeep. Candlekeep is in the upper left hand corner of the map in the ocean. It is a new game. The following is what I have installed:

~SETUP-BP-BGT-WORLDMAP.TP2~ #0 #0 // Revised worldmap for the Baldur's Gate - including coloured Baldur's Gate map icons -> Installing new Worldmap for use with Mega Modification
~SETUP-BP-BGT-WORLDMAP.TP2~ #0 #2 // Use new worldmap for Throne of Bhaal as well
~SETUP-EASE.TP2~ #0 #3 // True Grand Mastery (extra half-attack, etc.) (Baldurdash)
~SETUP-EASE.TP2~ #0 #4 // Shut Up "You Must Gather Your Party Before Venturing Forth"
~SETUP-EASE.TP2~ #0 #12 // Turn Off The Hideous Cloak-of-Mirroring and Spell-Trap Animation
~SETUP-EASE.TP2~ #0 #22 // Romance: PC can romance one NPC (regardless of race/gender).
~SETUP-EASE.TP2~ #0 #23 // Romance: PC can romance multiple NPCs concurrently, but must say the right things.
~SETUP-BPV177.TP2~ #0 #0 // Big Picture AI/Enhancement Mod, version 177 weidu (beta)
~SETUP-BPV177.TP2~ #0 #8 // Improved Random Encounters, by Gebhard Blucher and Kensai Ryu
// Recently Uninstalled: ~SETUP-GUI.TP2~ #0 #3 // Game Graphical User Interface (GUI) -> "Tortured Souls"
~SETUP-GUI.TP2~ #0 #7 // Game Graphical User Interface (GUI) -> "Baldur's Gate Trilogy" (Elminster wielding sword)

Looks like you forgot to install the worldmap.

ronin

#20 Dello

Dello
  • 8 posts

Posted 06 July 2006 - 12:11 PM

Looks like you forgot to install the worldmap.

ronin

It is installed after DSToSC install.